[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life Simulator?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
Why is it that EA gets to hold a monopoly on the Life simulation genre?

The sims 4 is such a hallow cash grab compared to the Sims 3. Sure, 3 was over ambitious but it largely built on what the Sims 2 was. 4 just seems like a slide back from 3. They gutted a bunch of features and it feels like calling 4 a Sims 2 revert is too good for it. The base game of the Sims 2 was jammed with content, 4s base game seemed empty and ultra basic, just made to be slapped with expansion packs for $40 a piece. The series seems to have slowed down as well, They do those tiny game stuff packs instead of full on expansions and all that DLC seems like it doesn't add a whole lot to the game beyond a few gimmicks that get tired quickly.

What I am wondering is why doesn't another company have a try at it? EA seems to have gotten lazy with creating their game. Minimal effort and they charge a lot for the littlest bits. And the common people who lack the knowledge to pirate have to put up with it. In my opinion I think the Sims 4 would be the only game and DLC I could Pirate and not feel bad about. Just because EA really sticks it to their fan base.

So I was thinking, If a company like Paradox could enter the city simulation market and beat the shit out of that crappy SimCity reboot, why cant they make a competing Life simulator to slap the Sims around? I think a paradox flavored Life Simulator would be an interesting experience.

Do you think there will be a Sims 5 soon?
Would it be a another low effort cash grab designed for toasters?
What would you wanna see in another companies honest effort to compete with the Sims?
Should they stay rated T, or go beyond?
What would it take to make an indie attempt?
>>
>Paradox
Enjoy your 1,500 DLCs
>>
>>386904803
Skylines seemed to have gotten an adequate amount of DLC.
>>
>>386904803
who gives a shit, just pirate them if you don't want to pay
>>
>>386905218
>release barebones base game
>have to wait for DLC
>>
animal crossing is pretty big, so is tomodachi life
both are in the picture you posted
stardew valley is also pretty big
>>
This is a good question. I think the life sim genre needs more expansion, but other entries could be seen as a Sims rip-off. Someone needs to put their own unique twist on it.
>>
>>386905192
Skylines is just Paradox-published
>>
>>386905414
But they arent really in the Sims range. They are in their own direction. I just want a good, 'modern people simulator' you know?

>>386905756
Well who made Skylines? we outta get their asses in on this
>>
>>386906152
Colossal Order. Go get em' tiger.
>>
>>386907359
Damn, only 15 people made Cities Skylines? that's impressive
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.