[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic Mania PC delay; my thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: P5_portrait_of_Goro_Shocked.png (106KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
P5_portrait_of_Goro_Shocked.png
106KB, 512x512px
TLDR, Sega delays Sonic Mania on PC for 2 weeks, when every other version is coming in 4 days (Sonic CD came out on every platform, used the same game engine, and yet had no delays), due to the optimization strawman (It's a 2D game that apparently can run on 16 year old hardware, according to Minimum System requirements).

Meanwhile, they are just giving us a copy of Sonic 1 on the Sega Megadrive classics (Which is just poor emulation using a horrible Unity wrapper) to compensate for the 2 week delay, which is bollocks because most people already own Sonic 1 on pretty much everything at this point.

Delaying it doesnt mean it's going to be a good port, just look at Neir Automata and No Man's Sky.

If Sega screws this up somehow, I am going to refund the game and buy something else with my $18, considering how Sega is treating PC gamers like second class citizens with endless delays, and by releasing only TWO PC ports of games that came out on last-gen consoles YEARS AGO in the past 12 months.
>>
File: 1502498725887.jpg (31KB, 821x109px) Image search: [Google]
1502498725887.jpg
31KB, 821x109px
>>
Advice: Cancel preorder, preorder Danganronpa V3 instead.

Because unlike Sega, Spike Chunsoft is competent with multiplat releases, and actually releases most of their IPs on other platforms.
>>
>>386900271
Nice
>>
Or, they could just not release it on PC at all. But sure, you do your boycott.
>>
>>386900271
Not gonna lie, its partly why I'm pissed. Uni starts before Sonic Mania comes out on PC now.
>>
toot toot sonic warrior
>>
>>386900061
Just get the switch version.
>>
>>386900520
Why pay $300 for a BOTW machine with godawful online multiplayer?

Maybe when more new games release. Not really feeling it with the endless re-releases of last-gen games and games that came out years ago.
>>
>>386900061
>my thoughts
I don't care, go fuck yourself
>>
>>386900061

They don't want people to pirate it. This way people really itching will spend the money asap. This isn't so complex, OP.
>>
>>386900061
>delays release on a platform riddled with piracy
Hmm.
>>
>>386900929
Implying people would pirate a $20 game in the first place.

If you can afford a $500-1000 PC, yet can't afford a $20 game, that's sad.

I don't pirate (due to it being scummy and resulting in broken ports), and my Steam library has over 160 games (Almost $3000 worth) after my account being open for 5 years.

I'm probably not going to buy Mania elsewhere, due to me not really having the itch atm.
>>
Are all Sonic players autismos by law, or what.
>>
>IT'S NOT FAIR
Every time
>>
>>386901274
i have 1508 games and i pirated Berseria, Child of Light, Catalyst, and Automata because i'd get a worse experience buying than pirating them to play offline. when Inside had drm removed I bought it. anyone claiming piracy is about money is deluded.
>>
File: osu.png (237KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
osu.png
237KB, 500x333px
>>386900291
>Spike Chunsoft is competent with multiplat releases
>>
Dude it's literally just two weeks. Play another game, it's not cancelled or going away somewhere.
Then again I am trying to reason with Sonic fans.
>>
>>386902541
I don't think you quite understand how much some people wanted to avoid spoilers.
>>
>>386900291
I'm so undecided on what to buy it on. I wanna buy it on vita, but 3.65. I wanna support pc ports cause comfy, but no physical release, so I could buy on ps4 to satisfy both, physical and no sony cockblocking. But I'm never gonna play it on my ps4 so it's pointles....
>>
>>386900271
Fucking studentfags.

Learn how to time management.
>>
>>386902702
Don't go on /v/ problem solved.
Also
>spoilers
It's a fucking sonic game! What are they going to spoil? Egg Mcfuckface PHD, stole the Chaos Emeralds and sonic had gotta go fast!
>>
>>386902960
Do you not understand the difference between avoiding using /v/ for like 5 days, and avoiding using much of the internet altogether for two weeks.
I don't care much about spoilers myself, but you're being retarded.
>>
>>386902960
>go on discord
>get spoiled
>go on youtube
>recommended videos with spoilers
>go on anything
>spoiled
>talk to someone who plays video games
>spoiled
I'm actually not sure it's possible to not get spoiled if you actively use the internet. Doesn't matter to me, but I have heard of a couple of people who want to not get spoiled, it's just impossible to avoid every bit of information for 2 weeks.
>>
han dies haha
>>
>>386902702
>spoilers
>sonic the hedgehog game

Hahahahhaahahaha
>>
>>386903169
>the internet all together for two weeks.
This isn't Game of Thrones. Normies don't give a fuck, Sonic has nothing to spoil and most people aren't assholes like /v/. I mean avoiding /v/ was good enough for Persons 5. Now imagine a less popular platformer with nothing to spoil exclusively played by the socially retarded.
>>386903362
See above. This isn't the first game to have a leak or or release on one platform first. Lord knows how long I waited for GTA V, after deciding the ps3 port was unplayable.
>>
>>386900630
OK then. Get the PS4 or XBOne version instead?
>>
>>386903505
Dude shut the fuck up. It's almost as bad as those mario odyssey leaks and that time someone told me how the latest rabids game ends.
>>
>>386903524
No no, I asked for you to STOP being retarded.

Try again.
>>
>>386903647
>hurr this practically story free game might be spoiled if you actually look up the ending on youtube by accident and read the comments!
Okay but even if it simultaneously released spoilers would exist the day it released. Unless you were gonna marathon it in one session...
Again though, this isn't Persona or Danganronpa or something. You remind me of those white girls on twitter begging people not to spoil dunkirk.
>>
>>386903881
No one's concerned about the story being spoiled, you moron.
They don't want to know all the CONTENT before they play it.

And to repeat, I don't care about the spoilers myself.
I'll repeat again, as you struggle with reading: I don't care about the spoilers myself.
>>
File: pcfagsbtfo.png (1MB, 2429x1147px) Image search: [Google]
pcfagsbtfo.png
1MB, 2429x1147px
BWAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>386904140

>They don't want to know all the CONTENT before they play it.
What.
The.
Fuck.
Thanks for the daily reminder not to touch sonic fans with a 10 foot pole.
But incase any are watching there is a green hill zone nostalgia bait level, platforming, sonic goes fast and you just hold the right button the whole time.

>mfw I actually look up gameplay and "content" to make purchasing decisions.
>>
File: 14293820703.jpg (85KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
14293820703.jpg
85KB, 600x800px
>playing sonic on a PC
>>
>>386900415
same
>>
>>386900061

silly rabbit DRM is optimization
>>
File: UnleashedProjectLogo.png (209KB, 1010x424px) Image search: [Google]
UnleashedProjectLogo.png
209KB, 1010x424px
>>386904418
>not playing Sonic on a PC
>>
>>386904296
These pics are usually unfunny cancer. But this one is fucking spot on.
>>
>>386904354
>you just hold the right button the whole time
t. has never beaten a sonic game
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.