[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did /v/ become so preoccupied with virtue signaling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3358.jpg (268KB, 1920x890px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3358.jpg
268KB, 1920x890px
When did /v/ become so preoccupied with virtue signaling?
>>
>>386899882
what the FUCK does virtue signalling mean?
>>
>>386899984
Virtue signalling is when people pander opposing ideologies for the purpose of making them appear "virtuous" over social media.

An example would be a upper-middle class white person throwing out the #BLM hashtag or heterosexual people identifying as "allies".

In reality, they only do this to make themselves appear or "feel" as though they are taking the "higher ground" on a topic.
>>
>>386899882
Did I miss something about Lawbreakers or was that just an excuse to make this thread seem vidya related?
>>
>>386900692

It goes the other way too, with retards on here boycotting the game because Cliffy B tweeted about unisex restrooms being in the game, which is something nobody would notice or care about.
>>
File: Virtue Signaling.png (69KB, 1010x288px) Image search: [Google]
Virtue Signaling.png
69KB, 1010x288px
>>386899984
Pic related.
>>
>>386900784

There are 4 black people on the roster and there are uni gendered bathrooms and it triggers /v/
>>
>>386900784

Yeah, the narrative on here is to diss the game because of Cliffy's politics or attitude, which has nothing to do with a competitive FPS that celebrates all of the diverse cast get their heads blown off repeatedly.
>>
>>386900946
Oh so business as usual on /v/ thanks
>>
>>386900873
I thought people weren't playing his new game because it sucks and is just another overwatch clone
>>
>>386900946
and 1 white?
forced male:female ratio
and just overall uninspired design.. like none of the characters really sticked into my mind like "hey thats cool" just the "oh its that guy with the retarded that thing"... overall the gameplay, hud design etc it just isnt to people who want to play a hardcore game and casuals do not want to pick a game that isnt popular.. so who is left?
>>
>>386900873
would've been fine if we didn't try to use it as a selling point. made it seem less about building an "optimistic future" and more about pandering to tumblrkin
>>
>>386900784
You missed how its marketing team are taking to online forums and shit like /v/ to try and guilt trip people into buying a game they probably weren't even interested in in the first place
>>
>>386901171

It plays nothing like Overwatch. It emphasizes individual skill and every class is offensive. It also has no downtime during a match and no babysitting objectives for entire minutes.
>>
>>386900784
>Did I miss something
See
>>386720591
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.