[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay neckbeards.....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
I played FF 12 on release when it first came out on PS2 and gave up on it after about 5 hours of play.

7, 8 and 9 are my favourites and also enjoyed 4, 6 and 10.

Am I making a mistake in not giving 12 another shot with the remaster?
>>
No. I tried XII years ago on a friends ps2. Bought Zodiac age. About 8 hours in and i think im done.

7, 8 and 9 are also my favorites. Dont know why bug i just cant get into the story. I do like the battle system though.
>>
>>386896939
That's basically reconfirmed what I thought.

Just got a PSVR anyway yesterday, that'll keep me busy....
>>
I had the same experience with XII when it was released. I got ~20 hours in and dropped it because the characters sucked and the story was forgettable.
>>
>>386896939
If you play FFXII for the story then you are doing it wrong. The game's all about that sweet and impressive world and lore, and doing all the hunt.

Also OP try the remaster, it got many improvements over the original, like balacing, a more interesting way to level up your party, and even got a fast-forward button now.
>>
Zodiac age is sooooo comfy, I actually love exploring the areas. Ivalice is such a great world

the gameplay is what completely killed the original for me, don't really care about the story.
>>
>>386896156
>>386896939
If you don't dig the characters, tone, plot, and gameplay by the time Balthier and Fran join your party you probably won't like the rest of it. It's basically an arthouse FF; loved by critics but divisive among franchise followers. Personally I think it's one of the best games ever.
>>
I remember trying it out when it first came out and could not believe how slow and dull the gameplay was. I had just gotten into Tales a while back and was like "Oh boy they are making FF into an action RPG too? Sign me up." and then was sorely disappointed.
>>
>>386896156
It's the best FF, you just have terrible taste.
>>
>>386896156

All I remember is the terrible main character. I took advantage of grinding dustia monsters for easy leveling when I got the main party and then never finishing it because I got bored.
>>
Well FF12 marks the beginning of the end of good FF games. Its deeply flawed and really just a jumbling of ideas. Its not a good game. The "comfy" factor is a meme too. Final Fantasy was always about story, character development and a greater and expanding threat. FF12 is about playing as a side character to a story that is NOT about sky pirates and is about a furry bunny girl in skimpy clothes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.