[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saving arcades in America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: P8070322.jpg (195KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P8070322.jpg
195KB, 1600x1200px
Saving arcades in America
>>
>>386890797
Never heard of it.
Also, why is there a bowling alley in a mall?
>>
>>386890797
>live only 20 minutes away from a round one

Its a good feeling
>>
shitty food there tho
>>
One opened up by me recently, fun little place.
>>
>>386891449
hicksville?

i wish mine had more fighting games. 4 tag 2 and 2 SF:AE (not AE2012) cabs are a joke.
>>
>>386890916
Same reason there's anything in a mall?
>>
>Two in North Texas
>literally 15 miles apart
Lucky me I guess
>>
GrooveCoaster is so fucking dope.
>>
Was honestly pretty surprised to see Street Fighter IV and Persona 4 Arena when I went there.
>>
>>386893676
>having one in both grapevine and arlington

for what purpose
>>
>>386890797
I love this place, I am thinking about going there soon to play some Magicians Dead and again on Sunday for the national Gunslinger Stratos Meetup.
>>
File: 1385601812889.png (105KB, 334x342px) Image search: [Google]
1385601812889.png
105KB, 334x342px
>>386893927
you wont see SF5 ever tho
>>
I'm hype for the one opening in Michigan late october.

Know lads who are going to reserve hotel rooms for the opening week.
>>
>>386894035
>implying Capcom won't get desperate and port SF5 to arcades once season 2 is over and they realized how hard shit is flopping
>>
>>386894054
Where? Also, a MI fag.

How does this differ from D&B's?
>>
>>386894170
I dont even care about sfv at this point. Me and my buds play SF4 and have a shit load of fun.
>>
You know a place is alright when they've got japanese toys in the claw machines and imported arcade machines.

It's just a shame I'm such a wet blanket now as an adult. I'd rather go buy a game or figure or something instead of hanging around and trying my luck.
>>
>>386894305
Those claw machines are awful and require you to waste $10 tops to get the plush.
>>
>>386893932
Your guess is better than mine
>>
>>386890797

How are they saving arcades? Just by being arcades?

There are arcades on the boardwalk here in New Jersey. Pretty much everything is $1.00 to play for a few minutes. That seems to be the norm, now, whereas the expensive games were $0.50 when I was a kid, and the rest were $0.25.

It's not that $1.00 to try a game is so damn expensive, but if you're using quarters, it's really just a hassle to pay that much. You need five pounds of quarters to have an hour of actual fun at a modern arcade. The aforementioned boardwalk arcades now have cards that you can swipe on all the machines because they know how retarded it is to carry around enough coins to actually play anything without running back to the change machine every ten minutes.
>>
>>386893932

>Grapevine is an affluent and highly trafficked area
>Arlington is a highly trafficked area
>Why would we put arcades where we can make money?

Next one will probably be Frisco or some shit.
>>
>>386890797
>live in Los Angeles
>got two within half an hour drive distance
>PHM is supposed to be the most popular one but I hit up Lakewood every weekend
Haven't ever been to PHM but how common is it for girls to have the dumb teal hair dye over there? Lakewood is infested with them.
>>
>>386894625
They do that for MA though. Taunton is in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>only nearby """arcade""" is Dave and Busters
kill me
>>
>>386894174

Great Lakes Crossing.

Dave & Busters has been ass for rhythm gamers in Michigan & Ohio.

D&B utica has an old as fuck rear-projection pump machine which was old and crappy ten years ago.

D&B livonia has a machine which has an obscene amount of problems.

One D&B in northern columbus had an american DDR X cabinet (literally worse than a custom home-pad.)

Then D&B execs thought "Oh no one from these areas plays rhythm games.", and so they place 3 in Illinois but none in Either state.

For reference, every Michigander I know who goes to Illinois and hits up an arcade for rhythm games out there always goes to Round1.
>>
>>386894817

by 3 i mean 3 DDR A cabinets. There are none in the combined area of Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio.
>>
>>386894602
They have loads of import titles and great deals.
>>
Step aside boys...
http://eightytwo.la/
>>
>>386890797
>loads of weeb garbage
>not even quality weeb garbage
>fucked machines that don't work
>plays cost more than a nickel
It wishes it could save arcades anywhere.
>>
Haven't really looked into these places but there's one literally within walking distance of where I live. Maybe I'll check it out
>>
>>386894763
I was planning on going there one day. One is opening up closer to me, in Saugus.
>>
>>386890797
Posting the true savior of arcade games in America.
>>
>>386894817
So, the have more rhythm games is what you're telling me? Long as I can get as drunk at this Round1 as I do at Dave and Busters I'll go.
>>
>>386899240
Fuck them and their stupid card bullshit. Fuck you for posting them. God I fucking hate Sunshine Laundromats. Fuck you.
>>
>>386890797
will be closed down in a year
>>
File: 1391821019190.gif (528KB, 184x197px) Image search: [Google]
1391821019190.gif
528KB, 184x197px
>>386890797
>only 1 on the entire east coast
>5 in california

fuck that noise
>>
>>386900979
and most of the california ones are within about an hour of each other, which really pisses me off. only one that's actually catering to somewhere that isn't LA is in San Jose.
>>
>>386892672
Yep only there for the rhythm games
>>
>>386900607
Proofs?
>>
>>386899975
And fighters
>>
>>386900607
>closed down in a year

I've been going to that Round 1 for the past 6 years
It has bowling, karaoke, bar which are all cash cows, so it'll stay afloat regardless

As long as they have rhythm games and racing game contracts with japan their arcade side isn't going anywhere. esp. with the amount of money people throw at them.
They even keep normies happy by having crane games n Time Crisis.
>>
>all the ones around maryland but not in maryland
Sad bois
>>
>>386902623
Anyone here actually try the karaoke?
What's it like?
>>
>used to be a regular at my round 1
>become a part time mechanic there
>stop playing the games

Why am I even there anymore?
>>
>>386903752
My parents own a resturant with 2 small kareoke room and a dining hall with on stage kareoke. People fucking love that shit.

I don't like it very much, but I got drunk once and sang que sare sera like it was death metal on stage once. Everyone apparently liked it becuase it was hilarious. I don't remember much of that night.
>>
Where my arcade stage 8 and maximum tune bros at?

Name one song in the game better than this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V69ZQW15YZM you cant
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.