[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /v/ like demon's souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: UfJGt6l.jpg (118KB, 520x598px) Image search: [Google]
UfJGt6l.jpg
118KB, 520x598px
does /v/ like demon's souls
>>
Still my favorite Souls.
>>
>>386886723
it's the best souls game
>>
>>386886723
Yeah, will always remember the pure bladestone grind
>>
yeah, better than the Dark trilogy
>>
Want to try it, but I have no PS3.
>>
I miss the powerful sounding instruments that were present in the OST. Such as the Adjudicator or Tower Knight. My internet is too piss poor to be bothered getting link, but go listen to integrity of that shit

After Blood Borne they went full on "cool sounding voices" in the music for DaS3. In bloodborne it suited do to the lore of the church, the hunters, and everyone going mad
>>
File: 123.jpg (334KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
334KB, 1920x1080px
>>386887360
and?
>>
>>386886723
I thought it was alright, but some parts were just plain annoying. I never did finish it completely, but I did beat a few of those Archdemons/final world bosses.

I also hated how they did some of the bosses, really ruined the moment for me a few times. The battle tracks were great though, I found myself humming the tunes quite frequently while getting my ass handed to me.
>>
File: Maiden.in.Black.full.1421026.jpg (201KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Maiden.in.Black.full.1421026.jpg
201KB, 1000x750px
>>386886723
I fucking love this game. My first Souls game, I like it more than DS1. Well the only Souls games I played are Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1. Am I missing out on something? Thinking of picking up Bloodborne
>>
>>386887360
After 8 years the strongest PCs can now run it in ~25 FPS. Yeah, we did it, PCbros! We finally win!

This game alone makes PS3 worth it to be honest, it's a masterpiece
>>
>>386886723
It's on PC now so no we don't like it and no one else is allowed to like it either
>>
Still my favorite Souls game so far.
>>
I played when it first released as my first souls game. It may be because I was noob but it seems like its really hard. Pretty fun bosses though. Graphics always made me think of Shrek 1
>>
File: 91234912394.jpg (7KB, 200x169px) Image search: [Google]
91234912394.jpg
7KB, 200x169px
>>386889423
>After 8 years the strongest PCs can now run it in ~25 FPS. Yeah, we did it, PCbros! We finally win!
>>
File: 1483955927153.jpg (35KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
1483955927153.jpg
35KB, 570x570px
It's my favorite game of all time.
>>
>>386887712
>I miss the powerful sounding instruments that were present in the OST. Such as the Adjudicator or Tower Knight
honestly, demon's souls music is kinda derpy in some instances
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0rQU7SNV0
>>
>>386886723
Favourite Battle Track? I personally love Penetrator's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zihSkliPxxA
Track is labelled incorrectly, for some reason.
>>
one of the few good ps3 exclusives
>>
File: barney.png (126KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
barney.png
126KB, 300x300px
>>386890856
my friend uploaded that video when we were in the 9th grade
>>
>>386890856
Holy shit that's intense, I have a bad feeling listening to OSTs like this because I always get my ass kicked in Souls games and can only proceed after 10000 tries
>>
>>386888938
Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne are the essentials. You can play 2 and 3 if you want more of the same
>>
>>386888938
DS2 was so fucking bad, DS3 was okay, I didn't like BB at all.
>>
>>386888938
>>386891349
this, although dark souls falters in the second half, DeS and BB are consistently good throughout
>>
>>386891212
>I always get my ass kicked in Souls games and can only proceed after 10000 tries
Yeah, I know the feeling. Makes it feel much better when you finally win though.
>>
>>386890356
I think he was kinda sarcastic
>>
>>386886723
Got it back in 09, right around Christmas with Gamestops discount. It's one of my favourite games, and definitely my favourite of the Souls entries, the others pale in comparison. I'm glad it's getting emulated, even though it's not getting online. In fact, that's probably a good thing, it didn't take long before it turned into absolute garbage.
>>
I will never forget this moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mwkyH1aUU8
>>
>>386892256
>In fact, that's probably a good thing, it didn't take long before it turned into absolute garbage.

des has the best online in the series because it does what it was intended for: fucking over other people, not this gay duel shit they've been pushing since artorias of the abyss
>>
>>386891075
Maybe your faggot friend should label it correctly, then.
>>
>>386892432
The novelty helped to make it the best as well.

>most 'souls fans' will never know that feel of playing blind and getting invaded by a scraping spear
>>
>>386892817
I'll let him know thanks
>>
>>386892432
Oh, I agree, the Invasion system we have now might as well not even exist. But I really don't know if I want to come across another scraping spear, or infinite Dark Moon Grass. I still remember people using Anti-Magic Shield to crash the game. I wonder, how long would it take for the community nowadays to complain about these things if they had to experience these things?
>>
>>386886723
Demon's Souls is the best Souls game for non-autistic people. Stop whining about bladestone or tendency and just play the fucking game. Why do you care about carrying capacity -- you and I both know the loot in this series is fucking garbage.
>>
>>386889423
Why the fuck can't these fucking devs port this shit, I've played all 3 souls games and I want to play this one so bad.
>>
>>386893470
But I want all the outfits and weapons man, why wouldn't I complain about an annoying mechanic like World Tendency? And what's wrong with being annoyed at equipment disappearing forever if you don't have enough space to carry them?
>>
>>386894185
>But I want all the outfits and weapons man
>And what's wrong with being annoyed at [trash loot that I only grabbed to satisfy my OCD] disappearing forever if you don't have enough space to carry them?

See
>Demon's Souls is the best Souls game for non-autistic people.
>>
>>386894618
>Find white item flame.
>Pick it up just because it's there.
>Turns out to be a full set of armour.
>Can't pick it up and store it without erasing your current gear.
>Somehow this is good.

>Can't even get to a boatload of items and sidequests without doing things you wouldn't normally do in one run.
>Have to do all those same things without returning to the Hub at all, with no indication that this is the case.
>Somehow this is good.
>>
>>386895205
>Can't pick it up and store it without erasing your current gear.
What the fuck are you wearing?

>Developers implement a unique system where players may discover new content they've never seen before.
>Somehow this is good.

Yes, you're correct it is good. You can even play offline to get it easily if you're that fucking desperate.

It's not wrong to want to 100% a game, but it's wrong to complain about interesting features that weren't designed with autistic people in mind.
>>
>>386895875
>What the fuck are you wearing?
If you're playing normally for the first time without following a guide it's very easy to be over-encumbered by items you've picked up during your travels. Even more so if you're new to the Souls series or aren't good enough to wear next to nothing.
The best solution I've found is that Item Burden ring, but that's not a be all and end all solution.

>weren't designed with autistic people in mind.
If you're playing the game normally, you'd likely almost never go into the world tendency features though. You have to go out of your way to experience the world shifts, and even turn off online to even reliably use the feature at all.
I love the idea, but I don't think it's implemented that well.
>>
>>386889423
>PCs can now run it in ~25 FPS
just like the original
>>
i'm borrowing my pals ps3 atm, yet to buy this game, might get the special edition for the artbook and sound track desu, i fuckin love the souls series.
>>
File: __maiden_in_black___by_Kanoe_v2.jpg (189KB, 324x649px) Image search: [Google]
__maiden_in_black___by_Kanoe_v2.jpg
189KB, 324x649px
>>386896662
>You have to go out of your way to experience the world shifts, and even turn off online to even reliably use the feature at all.

wrong as hell, I always play online and its easy to get to Pure white events

the average level of the servers makes it so you only need 2 boss kills in a world line to reach pure white, the only thing you need to do is not die in human form, which is easy as hell, or just suicide in nexus to stay in soul form if you are not sure, and your progress only resets if you exit the game, you can easily finish a world line in one session, then do the next world line the next session.

now going through every event in order:

>World 1, kill 1-1 boss, and 1-2 boss, its now pure white
>go back to first archstone and collect the loot by the dragons, and go fight miralda

>world 2, just progress normally without dieing in body and when you reach dragongod the DBS will be there
>talk to the guy in the drop down shafts after you get the DBS and your done

>world 3, beat maneaters, then go back to 3-2, get the key, then 3-1 and unlock the cells, you are done

>world 4, beat hero, go back to 4-1 talk to sasuke, grab sword, run back.

>world 5, beat dirty colossus, go back to 5-1, grab spear, then go to 5-2 and talk to squidknights sister, then come back after you beat maiden, done

thats every PW done, easy as shit.
PB only requires you to suicide in human form in the worlds a couple times, then kill the black phantoms and primordial demons in each world.
>>
>>386886723
Check out the archives, newfag.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.