[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who was in the wrong here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 5thgencontrollers.jpg (491KB, 1900x650px) Image search: [Google]
5thgencontrollers.jpg
491KB, 1900x650px
who was in the wrong here
>>
>>386884402
There was nothing particularly wrong with the N64 controller aside from the stick being a complete piece of shit. Granted, it was literally the first one, but still. It broke incredibly easily and after just a bit of use you'd have it dancing around in there all loose.
>>
>>386884402
Sega controllers were the worst fucking designed things ever. To this day it's hard to play games that used all of the buttons when you're using a normal controller.
>>
PS controller is literally the worst one on the market
>>
>>386884402
N64 > Dualshock >>>>>>>>>> Saturn 3D
What an awful controller.
>>
I never understand why people are just starting to 'now' hate the N64 controller. Sure it had awkward placements, but at least it was durable to last for a good 15 years.
>>
Learning to clench my asshole to press the Z button on the N64 controller was difficult, but once I got it down it was great. I wish more games used the D-pad though, my left hand barely did anything.
>>
>>386884402
Sega,

though SEGA's problems have more to do with not seeing the success of dual-stick controllers.

(probably due to the way Japanese gamers are with cameras)

in addition N64, Gamecube, and dreamcast had a price/functionality disadvantage compared to sony.

>N64 used cartridges: this made the games fucking expensive.

>Dreamcast and Gamecube got fucked when sony made the PS2 effectively the cheapest DVD player on the market in addition to a console. Thus making a case for kids to get their parents to buy a PS2.
>>
>>386884402
n64 is the worst of the lot shape is weird (ensuring that some buttons are unreachable for no reason, and middle+right position is the most used anyway, I don't think any game uses left+middle because of the awful lack of accessible buttons)
maybe it's just my old-ass pad, but the d-pad on the N64 feels awful and barely registers
my stick isn't too fucked up from years of abuse, but that's more because 60% of what I played was Star Wars Racer and Crusin' USA (the clear purple controller I have did get a bit worn from my brother using it to play Smash with his friends)
ended up bringing my own N64 controller around because fucking everyone else fucked up their stick till it was loose and saggy and unplayable

the saturn pad is big and shaped weird but has decent analog triggers and the same good Saturn d-pad and buttons -- stick is pretty iffy though, it's kind of loose, or the ones I've used are
it's basically the DC pad, but better in every way except looks (and god damn it's ugly)

the original dualshock is great, but the d-pad is meh
that's it -- tons of accessible buttons (you get six buttons with stick+stick position and nine with stick+face buttons position, and technically you could claw the others if need be/for shit like menus/quick select)
dualshock 2 fucks up with the pressure sensitive buttons being not sensitive enough, particularly the d-pad, good fucking luck getting diagonals, and holding the button down in non pressure-sensitive games sucks since sometimes it'll drop out from being pushed at max pressure
dualshock 3 fixes that for the most part, although I hate the spongy triggers on it
>>
Dualshock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> N64 Controller >>> Playstation Controller > Saturn Controller
>>
>>386885386
>n64 is the worst of the lot shape is weird
fucking hell, there was supposed to be a newline after "lot"
>>
>only gen to have microsoft, sony, nintendo, and sega making consoles
>not a single one of them managed to make a good d pad
what went wrong?
>>
>>386885063
No it wasn't. If you actually use the thing, the stick goes out in a year tops.
>>
>>386885603
gamecube d-pad is surprisingly decent mechanically
good with diagonals and the lot
but it's so fucking small that it might as well not be there
>>
>don't want to pay $100 on a horipad for N64
>see this abomination
>only $20 on kickscammer
>not sure if I actually want it or not
I mean if it turns out to be shit, at least it was only $20.
>>
>>386885063
>but at least it was durable to last for a good 15 years.
playing mario party 2 for 10 seconds turns the analog stick into a floppy dick
>>
Original Saturn Controller>Dual Shock>>>>>N64 controller
>>
>>386885952
I don't get the love for the Saturn controller.
The Xbox S did 6-button pads better, with the buttons laid out vertically instead of horizontally, which is much more comfortable.
>>
>>386886550
>Xbox controller

Just like the consoles they are trash and the d-pad on modern consoles might as well don't exist.
>>
>>386884402
playstation. because japs can't into innovation and just threw a couple of analog sticks on there and consumers had to deal with it through several generations rather than building the controller around them.
>>
>>386887002
You realize that all those three controllers are made in Japan right?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.