[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 21

File: 35.png (185KB, 1295x727px) Image search: [Google]
35.png
185KB, 1295x727px
I don't get it
>>
>>386883953
>2 'Z' buttons
>1 analog stick
>next gen design
>>
>>386883953
What is there to not get?
>>
>>386884390
why is it so popular. what's so special about it
>>
>>386883953

The original n64 controller was a 3-legged monstrosity, a design which meant you didn't have access to all the buttons at once. Using the analog meant not using the D-pad, using the Z-button meant not using the L-button. On top of that, the original N64 controllers had the problem of the analog sticks eventually grinding into dust, becoming literally unusable, therefore, many of the original controllers don't work as they should.

In comes this controller. You can now reach every button, you don't have to change legs, and the analog isn't worthless.

What do you not understand about this?
>>
>no octagonal gates in the analog stick
Useless for most games. You might as well use a WiiU Pro and emulate.
>>
>>386883953
The only thing I don't like is the double z buttons. I would rather it have been like the Steam controller or the Xbox Elite, where they have the button/paddles/whatever on the analog stick, just so it'd be more like the original N64
>>
>>386884191
>>2 'Z' buttons
>>1 analog stick
>>next gen design

What n64 game do you want to play with a c-stick? Ever played OOT on a GameCube?

Seems like a cashgrab though
>>
>>386884815
I don't get the "3 legs are bad" meme. The N64 controller is literally just a SNES controller with two extra buttons and an optional analog stick. Everyone assumes for some reason that using the dpad and analog stick at the same time was expected back then.
It was created before 3D games were really a thing on consoles, so the controller had the ability to fall back to being an ordinary 2D controller if the N64 received a 2D game.
I see the purpose of this new controller, but the people who shit on the N64 controller for the design are very obviously younger kids who didn't use it when it was new and compare it to completely modern controllers as if Nintendo had future sight and chose to make it bad anyway. But that's just me being autistic.
>>
seems kind of lame but if they get the analog stick as stiff as it was for the N64 I'll be impressed.
>>
Looks like they just did a 3d render and think they're capable of making a physical product. Watch the analog sensitivity on the stick be terrible compared to how the games read the real stick.
>>
>>386884815
There never was a game that was in need of L R Z at the same time or any game that required the C Buttons while also using the analogstick and d-pad at the same fucking moment.
I really liked the N64 controller. Only idiots tried to use the analogstick and grabing it on both sides. Same goes for these retards that used their finger+thumb to basically hold the analogstick.
>>
>>386883953
The only bad thing about the N64 controller is the uncomfortable as fuck plastic joystick.
>>
This is going to be another N64 analog stick "solution" that completely fucks the precision isn't it?

Third party sticks that make the analog stick shaped like a gamecube one are notorious for being inaccurate and causing a lot of read points on the stick to be lost which makes characters jump between walking and running too quickly instead of it being seamless.
>>
>>386884815
I don't understand why they moved the 2 most important buttons into a spot that makes them harder to use.

I don't understand the "I need to shift between the analog stick and dpad constantly" meme because games weren't built with that in mind.

I don't understand why you would remove the ability to use the Dpad and analog stick at the same time because some games actually let you do that
>>
>>386884815

the best two features about the N64 controller are absent here (proper Z-trigger + d-pad quality)
>>
>>386883953
Sneed designed the controller and Chuck manufactured it.
>>
>>386883953
>not just holding it like a normal controller

I'm guessing OP and the guy who started this have small Trump hands
>>
>>386884815
Quit shilling this kikestarter so fucking hard. The N64 controller was built around first party support, which are the only games you should bother playing for the N64 anyways. It's not even that hard of a controller to understand. Seriously anyone that complains about this is a fucking pleb I don't care what controller you use I'll stilll wipe the floor with you in original smash using the controller intended for the game.
>>
>>386885669
What games required use of the analog and dpad at the same time?
>>
File: N64 Controller.jpg (336KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
N64 Controller.jpg
336KB, 1500x1125px
It already exists.
>>
>>386885993
Pokemon Stadium ekans ring toss minigame
>>
>>386883953
Neither do I. The best option already exists.
>>
xbox 360 controller but without the right analog
lmao
>>
>>386885813
Underrated
>>
>>386883953
thats just a modded xbone controller
the fuck people
>>
>>386886157
>>386886040
>>386883953
None of these are as comfortable as the original
>>
>>386885758
Would be the weight distribution with a rumble pack here.
>>
>>386886679
I never had a rumble pack so I wouldn't know
>>
>>386886040
I had this, I vastly preferred it to the normal controller, it was very comfortable.
>>
>>386884815
100% of the people who say this kind of stupid shit are kiddos who are too young for the console and have barely played it.
The reason the d-pad is where it is is because when the N64 was developed nobody knew whether analog sticks were going to suck shit or not, or whether 3rd parties would want to use them, so they created a controller that could do both without them interfering with each other.
You were never intended to use the d-pad and stick together.
There's a reason there's literally no game on the N64 where this is even a minor issue.
>>
>>386887332
>You were never intended to use the d-pad and stick together.
You are wrong. You can hold the left and center wings to use both the d-pad and joystick. The Ekans game in Pokemon Stadium uses that position.
>>
>>386884815
The way games were developed, the 3 leg system worked. Games that used the L button and D-pad didn't use the Z button or analog stick. Games that used the stick and Z button didn't use the L button and D-pad. It was still an awkward controller but it worked for every game on the system.

The stick is a problem, to be sure, but it's extremely easy to buy and install a new stick. A lot of less tech-minded people likely just reacted too quickly and tossed them when the stick broke but all it takes is a tri-wing screwdriver to open the thing and then you just unplug the stick and swap it. No soldering or figuring out board layout. Not to mention, it's a good idea anyway as you can get GameCube style sticks which are much smoother and made with the rubber padding. I did that to both of my old controllers and they're so much nicer to play with than the old plastic sticks.

Anyway, you're still not wrong. It was still a very awkward controller. If you held it properly for the buttons you needed to access (which is something that an alarming amount of people still don't understand I guess), it was comfortable enough and functioned well, but it was still a weird beast that didn't need to be designed like that. If you didn't like the old controller, then yeah, this product could have value to you. If not, then you can just keep using the old controller.

I'm honestly kinda curious about the thing and it might be fun to own but I won't back the KS as products like these are especially vulnerable to scams. If you don't have a physical prototype or some show of progress prior to the campaign, I'm not going to touch it. They also don't have a proven history of success so they're basically an unknown. If it comes out and I see one for a reasonable price, then sure, I'll pick one up to give it a try. Kinda weird that they didn't use the octo gate on the stick though.
>>
>>386887779
With different hands. The point is that you weren't meant to use the control stick and d-pad with the same hand. For those odd games that use the left hand for the pad and the right hand for the stick, standardized re-designs like the one in the OP are actually a hindrance.
>>
>>386887927
To be fair to them, there is a "prototype" on the page. It's just kind of very clearly a piece of plastic that isn't actually an N64 controller and has no markings.
>>
>>386883953
this is literally just a recolored xbox hueg controller
>>
>>386887332
I mean, Ocarina of Time uses the L button for the map so you do have to move one of your hands to hit it.
>>
>>386884583
People really really hate the old n64 controller design and I don't blame them. It took a lot to get used to back in the day and it's a hard to go back to when you're used to modern controller design.
>>
>>386886040

I lol'd so hard at my bro when he went and bought this thing. I told him he could never use my 3 prong controller ever again. Then one night, I booted up NBA hangtime and tried his controller out....I paid him for the damn thing and I never used a 3 prong from that point on.
>>
I don't get why they made it have two Z buttons

Having two R buttons makes more sense
This way L+R and Z+R would always be parallel
>>
File: IMG_2356.jpg (31KB, 325x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2356.jpg
31KB, 325x480px
>>386883953
>$75k out of $13k to make a next-gen controller for a system whose controller wasn't even hard to work with in the first place
Is this an elaborate prank?
>>
>>386883953
Because the original controller was shit.
I don't get it either why anyone would want this product, other than for more durable analog stick. All games worked around the limitations of the controller, mostly ditching d-pad in favor of analog stick.
What games actually use D-pad anyway? Does it even have to exists?
>>
>>386890643
so you can shoot with your left hand as it was originally, or shoot with your right hand like everyone is used to now
>>
>>386885669
>Only idiots tried to use the analogstick and grabing it on both sides.

Only children who grew up on dual-stick controllers who went back to try to play on an N64 at their friends' parent's house ever had that problem. It was very obvious to every single person at the time how to hold the controller. Hold it on the side for 2D games, hold it in the middle for 3D games. It was even in all the commercials and magazine ads, it's not possible to think you'd need to stretch your thumb from the dpad to the analog stick unless you were 10+ years removed from the lifetime of the console like these retard teenagers on twitter.
>>
>>386889459
>Ocarina of Time uses the L button for the map

What the fuck, seriously? I never knew this. I always just hit start and navigated to the map pane.
>>
>>386892206
its a useles feature. It makes the mini map dis/appear
>>
>>386892206
All it does is hide and unhide the on screen map.
>>
>>386892341
>>386892358

Oh, okay. Pointless, then. Why would you turn off the minimap?
>>
The circle gate is a retarded design. Most N64 games worked better with the controller's octagonal gate.
>>
>>386883953
I would have preffered l and r back triggers on the back and a z button on the top right like the gamecube controller
>>
File: oFM5q1E.jpg (554KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
oFM5q1E.jpg
554KB, 600x800px
>>386883953
I want the melee and sm4sh fags to stay away from my game
>>
>>386892842
what does this even mean?
>>
What don't you get? Original N64 controllers get fucked with time because the plastic stick degrades with use.
Third party alternatives like >>386886157
have shitty dpad placement.
C buttons are nice and big.
>>
>>386883953
Will this work on PC?
>>
>>386891954
Come to think of it, how were you supposed to use goldeneye's double controller layouts since they also required you to press buttons? I remember seeing them as a key in control settings but I never actually tried them.
>>
Where can I get a first party N64 controller with an unfucked control stick?

All the 3rd party ones are shit that break in 2 days
>>
>>386893067
look for good vintage stores. got one near me selling used ones just need to sort through and find one not fucked
>>
>>386884815
Alright.
Now where's the other analog stick?
>>
>>386883953
Original N64 controller had 2 legs and a penis, and people didn't like it much.
>>
>>386893354
Have you ever emulated N64?
C buttons do not equate to camera stick. They work exactly like buttons and act like buttons. Some games don't even use it for camera and instead use it for more buttons. Having a C-stick for any N64 game is a detriment
>>
>>386892982
it means that a controller with a layout closer to that of the gamecube controller will attract more autistic melee and sm4sh players
>>
>>386893915
Where's the second analog stick to play Perfect Dark?
>>
I see a few problems with it...

The A and B buttons seem to be in an awkward spot
The stick doesn't have the diagonal ridges, so I can't imagine free movement being super comfortable
Turbo button, even if it is useful, makes any third party controller seem cheap and unofficial
>>
>>386883953
People really hate the original controller, even if no game benefits from a redesign.
I get the feeling people magically expect N64 games to work like more modern ones with this controller, no idea why.

I am actually pretty interested in it simply because the original controllers weren't well known for their long lifespans.
And there doesn't seem to be a good reproduction that is as cheap as that might be.
>>
>>386893059
ive used it in perfect dark before and honestly cant remember
>>
File: gerb.png (111KB, 217x204px) Image search: [Google]
gerb.png
111KB, 217x204px
>>386894402
>He needs a second analog stick to play PD

Look at this scrub.
>>
>>386894402
Having a C-stick won't make the game magically get dual stick support
>>
>>386894402
Second analog stick is pointless since the movement is digital.
>>
>>386894851
Having two sticks will.
>>
>>386894402
strafe run with the c buttons
git gud
>>
>>386894915
it is incorrect
>>
>>386894915
If you think that's true, then why don't you try emulating it with a controller with 2 sticks?
>>
>xbone controller
why though? if anything it would be a playstation layout considering their near partnership and the original ps controller being a snes controller with handles and extra shoulder buttons
>>
>>386895143
I have.
>>
>>386883953
>new n64 controller
>still playing on the actual 64
Cartridges are already one step in the grave before they stop working with the console not far behind. What games are people planning to play with this thing? If your emulating just use literally any halfway decent controller with remapped buttons.
>>
>>386893059

With the controller in your right hand your thumb can reach the A and B buttons and one of the Z buttons takes the function of the R button.
>>
>>386894126
Why wouldn't you want people playing Smash 64? Barely anybody plays that game anymore.
>>
Barely any n64 games used the dpad anyway. I don't see what the big deal is
>>
>>386895360
>Cartridges are already one step in the grave before they stop working with the console not far behind
t. guy who has no idea what he's talking about
>>
>>386895360
My Nes games still work and I'm sure my 64 games will last for a long time too.
>>
>>386885327
>What n64 game do you want to play with a c-stick?
Turok
>>
>>386891069
It's an idea any idiot could have thought up but nobody did before or at least nobody got any coverage for.
Like pitching a Lego set for a popular movie on ideas.lego.com and you get a 10% cut for the idea or making a Kickstarter to get mashed potatos and it becomes a viral meme so you get 70k in the end.
>>
>>386895360
n64 emulation is dildos

most controllers have a similar layout to the playstaion controller
>>
>>386895297
and?
>>
>>386895406
oh no, you're right, it is dying and I do want more people playing it
I just don't want melee and sm4sh "stinky time" players anywhere near it
>>
>>386883953
There are kids who never played the N64, and so think that they can "improve" the design by making a shitty 360 controller with a N64 adapter. I certainly would never put money down for such a thing without trying it out myself, but then again, I don't have much use for a controller which only works on the N64.

How the fuck are you going to control games which used the d-pad plus control stick, anyways?
>>
>>386893059
You have to reach for the A and B buttons with your thumb. It's pretty shitty. Plus analog movement doesn't feel good at all in those games.
>>
>>386895360
my fucking atari games still work faggot
clean the connectors with 99% rubbing alcohol and q tips and theyre good as new
>>
>>386895381
Hmm come to think of it probably would be easy to reach the A B buttons on the right hand. I really don't know why I never tried it as a kid since I did have multiple controllers for splitscreen. Rare did make an interesting workaround to use 2 analog sticks with this system and this is even in a time before 2 analog sticks became the norm on controllers.
>>
>>386883953
looks fucking fantastic but I wish they would switch the c-button position with the A B buttons.
>>
File: retro_fighters_controller.png (112KB, 800x672px) Image search: [Google]
retro_fighters_controller.png
112KB, 800x672px
>>386887927

The company is legit, they made a NES controller you can buy on amazon and at walmart. My guess is they are reusing the molds to make these, that way they cut down on costs and have a way to profit off the old molds.
>>
I can't be the only one who held it by the left prong even when using the analog stick right?

Never really had any issues with the N64 controller; it's even particularly bad considering the Dreamcast, Xbox and PS1 all had fucking atrocious controllers on launch
>>
>>386883953
This is profoundly stupid.
>>
>>386886040
garbage analog stick
original 3-prong still the best
>>
>>386895979
Yeah, I heard the quality of these is really good, so I assume the 64 one will be oretty good as well.
>>
>>386883953
Why is it so hard for people to grasp you don't need to using the analogue stick and the d-pad at the same time for most games? What games even needed access to the stick and d-pad at the same time?
>>
>>386895979
Without factoring in price, a controller with "Retro Fighters" on it and sold at Walmart would cause me to pass it up as poorly-constructed chink shit that would feel stiff and fall apart within a matter of months.
>>
>>386896421
>>386883953
no 8 way gate though for the stick
pass
>>
>>386896486
I'm not sure if any were ever released but that was a proposed layout in the n64 manual. Those games wouldn't use the face buttons at all though.
>>
>>386895498
>>386895862
Discs have disc rot. Cartridges have batteries that eventually die. Sure you can replace them but they eventually ware down with intensive use. Of course if your autistic about old game stuff it it will last a lot longer than the average that's slowly collecting mold in someone's basement before getting flipped or out in the open soaking up weed smoke in a retro game store. The arguably better way to play retro games is emulation, your only delaying the inevitable trying to hold on to your """authentic"" experience.
>>
>>386895360
stop dipping your old cartridges in cat piss and used skoal and try cleaning them you fucking faggot
>>
>>386883953
Maybe I'll buy it if they do a few changes.
One: Octogonal gate for the analog stick.
Two: It's more comfortable than the Mini Hori.
>>
>>386896781
Games that use batteries for SRAM can easily be replaced, the functionality to save is only temporarily lost in these cases.
>>
>>386896781
Most N64 games don't even use batteries.
>>
File: 1499108833362.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499108833362.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>386893915
dumbass missed the joke lmao
>>
>not just buying a steelstick
http://steelsticks64.com/
>>
>>386883953
Reeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Fucking NORMIE CONTROLLER. THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!
>>
>>386897654
>Out of stock
>>
>>386883953
>$74,916 pledged
>$13,000 goal
>2,530 backers

This shit has to be a scam. Why make a "modern take" of a controller for a console that hasn't been relevant since 2001?
>>
>>386898343
See >>386895979
>>
>>386898343
Because it's clear people will still pay money towards it.
>>
>>386896781
then change the battery you dingus
>>
>>386898343
Why not?
People still play N64, its controllers are notoriously weakly built so people will eventually need new ones, obviously none of the old two-handle controllers are still in production, and holding a controller asymmetrically doesn't feel great.
>>
>>386883953
and now playing Perfect Dark with proper aiming is impossible
>>
>>386895979
>uses two analog sticks to play NES
>>
>>386885327
>What n64 game do you want to play with a c-stick
goldeneye
perfect dark
killer instinct
turok 1 and 2
turok wars
bio freaks
>>
oh my god leave it to /v/ to be mad about this shit

i've recently gotten back into the n64 and outside of the HORI controller theres not really many options like this I can't stand the normal n64 controllers joystick

and horis controller is like 90 bucks on ebay?

this is a cheap alternative for people the controller is only 20 bucks like why are you guys so pissed off over this? it makes no sense
>>
>>386898721
How so...??
>>
>>386898981
The original N64 controller is fucking garbage now and all the sticks are dead. Replacement sticks are also garbage and have deadzones.

/v/ is literally fucking retarded to be mad about a 20 dollar alternative third party controller option.
>>
>>386895979

I could see the shoulders making sense as duplicates of A and B, so you could hold them simultaneously easier, but what would you need two sticks for on an NES?
>>
>>386899506
Who knows, doin ya mom, prolly.
>>
>>386886040
I had two of these and two normal controllers as a kid. I liked used these more, especially when playing by myself, but the cap on the analog stick would always come off
>>
File: 1502206893626.gif (2MB, 410x231px) Image search: [Google]
1502206893626.gif
2MB, 410x231px
>tfw this thing has over 5x the target funding and these fuckers STILL feel the need to shit up /v/ with their shilling
>>
File: 1393353513352.jpg (15KB, 300x317px) Image search: [Google]
1393353513352.jpg
15KB, 300x317px
>had the chance to back when it barely had any backers
>if I back now it will probably get it at a later date

fucking kikestarter
>>
>>386899009
PD had a control scheme that worked by making use the two leftmost prongs. D-pad to move, analog to shoot, Z to fire, B to reload and A to change weapons. Actually works really well. Impossible with a controller like this.
>>
>>386885415

>being factually accurate and a reasonable human being makes you autistic on 4chan

I hate this stupid website
>>
>>386883953
nintendo autismos wanting to buy a new controller for a dead +20 year old console because they can't leave the past behind
>>
Yeah it's called using an emulator with a fucking dualshock 4. You don't need some retarded gimmick controller literally only good for N64 games
>>
>>386900231
you say dead like its an online game or something
>>
>>386900024
Uhhhh....
https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Perfect_Dark/Controls

This says the analog stick was used to move...
>>
File: 20170705023635_1.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170705023635_1.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
>Not funding the literal "Future" of gamepads
>>
>>386900282
dead because it's fucking dead, it's like buying today a new contoller for the master system because the old d-pad was garbage
>>
File: gasp-N64-emulation-glitch (1).jpg (201KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
gasp-N64-emulation-glitch (1).jpg
201KB, 500x372px
>>386900281
>emulating N64

lmfao
>>
>>386900427
Yeah? Some people play Master System still. I still play mine, but I mostly use the Genesis backwards compatibility.
>>
>>386896486
Debug mode cheat in Shadows of the Empire. I used to use my chin to move the analog stick.
>>
>>386900418
what the tf? how would that work?
>>
>>386895143
He's not wrong you just need two controller ports.
>>
>>386900301
The game has multiple control schemes you shit bitch double nigger. The one I'm talking about is scheme C iirc
>>
>>386900934
i remember that shit

didnt goldeneye have one like that to?
>>
>>386883953
>wow an actual idea attempt of making an actual none shitty N64 controller?! Woe I hope this will wor-
>noticed Kickstarter

FUCKING. DROPPED. IMMEDIATELY.
>>
>>386896486
This controller doesn't even let you do this so I have no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>386886157
>>386886040
>>386883953
>handlets think these controllers are good

og n64 controller was top comfy
>>
>>386900427
oh no my n64 controller is getting worn beyond use. welp better throw out my collection then
>>
>>386901154
Yeah well don't act like it's fucking unplayable or some shit.
>>
>>386901131
which would not work in this scenario so he is wrong
>>
>>386883953
Why would they design an N64 controller with no octagonal joystick gate? Looks like garbage, and I bet it will function like garbage too. So far no 3rd party controller has been able to match the angle and range precision of the OEM stick.
>>
>>386901261
>Risks and challenges

We already have a pre-release version made that is 100% functional we just need the additional funding to complete the controller and go into production. We will make sure to keep our project on time according to the mentioned timeline schedule.

This company already has controllers in stores.
>>
>>386901534
I'm guessing you haven't played much N64 as an actual adult, the prongs are super close together. Sometimes it's more comfortable to only use the outer prongs and reach your thumb across to the analog.
>>
>>386901534
It's fucking awful and the sticks are wearing out very badly now.
>>
>>386901662
you had to look up an article to even know how it plays so how the fuck do you know retard
>>
>>386901774
not him but i play as an adult all the time
super comfy
>>
>>386901859
Because the fucking manual says the god damn base control scheme is not the bullshit you tried to pull out of your ass by going IT'S UNPLYABLE WITH THIS CONTROLER HURRRR

NO NOT THE BASE CONTROL SCHEME
THE OTHER ONE
>>
>>386901719
Why do you need the octagonal gate? On my N64 I rarely push it all the way so that it lines up with the gate on the plastic anyway.
>>
>>386901859
kek
>>
>>386901907
I'm not dissing the controller but dude acting like he's got manly man hands for comfortably using a controller that was definitely designed with 5 years old in mind is dumb as hell
>>
>>386901940
he didnt say unplayable he said proper aiming
stop making shit up faggot
>>
File: ba2a6ee0cab4f17c7a4b046daf63097b.jpg (85KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ba2a6ee0cab4f17c7a4b046daf63097b.jpg
85KB, 1024x1024px
>>386901940
take your (You) peasant
>>
>>386902029
its really helpful for platformers and lining up with the 90 degree camera turns with the c buttons
>>
>>386902131
>>386902181

Please see:
>>386898721
>and now playing Perfect Dark with proper aiming is impossible

OH REALLY
"PROPER AIMING" IS IMPOSSIBLE NOW

PHEW BOYYY

Guess that's not "unplayable!"

Guess he's not a retard who claimed the alternate aiming control scheme not being able to be used makes aiming in the game IMPOSSIBLE now.
>>
>>386901687
It could. Such controllers exist i believe
Wouldn't be hard.
>>
>>386902040
sucks for you i guess l love it. i dont exactly have small hands either
>>
>>386902401
I have given women multiple orgasms
>>
>>386902252
God dammit
I hope this stick works then.
>>
>>386902029
>Why do you need the octagonal gate?
Because nearly all of the games on N64 were developed with the octagonal gate in mind.
>>
>>386902501
i.is that you???
>>
>not using the GOAT N64 controller
>>
>>386902670
i want that so bad for perfect dark
>>
>>386885415
Yes only modern day young people have ever laid their hands on an n64 controller
>>
File: 20170811_222032.jpg (113KB, 461x820px) Image search: [Google]
20170811_222032.jpg
113KB, 461x820px
>>386901774
Fat fingered dummie.
>>
>>386902792
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>386901534
I've since stuck with a full roster of hori mini pads because of the required upkeep necessary to keep a 1st party N64 control stick in proper working order. Opening the controller up every few months to grease the stick housing so it doesn't grind itself to dust is IMO a little tedious.
>>
>>386884191

Why would N64 need two sticks? Literally no game would use it. I absolutely want this controller and am actually going to back this. The Hori Minipad, which I paid $80 for on Ebay, proved to be a big disappointment. Very uncomfortable to hold and the joystick made a lot of games unplayable. Not happy about buying into it. Might resell it.
>>
>>386903243
>young
The fuck are you on about he said only kids who grew up using modern controllers don't like it because they compare it to modern controllers, am I fucking missing something?
>>
>>386902670
It's funny that's an outside picture because it looks like a fucking rake.
>>
>>386885758
I love the grindy, weighty feel of the N64 stick. All mine have worn out though, and the third party controllers all have a a sticky stick and shitty unresponsive c buttons.

I bought one of those smooth style replacement analogs and it's OK but I'd really like to get the original feel back.
>>
>>386902792
fuck are you talking about
>>
File: shotgun.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>386895558
Why not play the PC remasters?
>>
>>386897654
This looks great, does it have the same "weigh" to it?
>>
Can someone explain to me how the fuck you can have a whole thread of people praising the n64 controller, is /v/ that really contrarian?
>>
The question is, what will the precision on the stick be?

The N64 stick actually had the most points of precision of any controller ever. Like ever. Even today. It's made really obvious when you play games like Banjo Kazooie on XBLA in particular where the 360 controller stick's precision sucks shit for the FPS portions. Most people just don't know this because usually they fucked their control sticks into hell with Mario party.

If the new stick is shit it'll ruin a lot of games like Smash
>>
So this is for the original console correct?

Otherwise you could just use some modern controller for emulators or something.
>>
>>386903826
The n64 stick is the only that actually feels analog. All the other controller's sticks may as well be digital since trying to keep it half way is a pain.
>>
>>386903826
>Most people just don't know this because usually they fucked their control sticks into hell with Mario party.
holy shit that's what happened to me.
>>
>>386903779
Its what happens when you encounter people who have actually used one, instead of following memes.
>>
>>386903539
In order to properly maintain your n64 control sticks you have to open the stick housing and spray some lubricant, preferably white lithium grease, in it every 6 months or so. If you've already worn down the housing to the point where the stick is loose there are ways to "rebuild" it but that's a whole other load of work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEJmSQjONRg
>>
>>386904208
I have fucking used one its shit, you really just have to look at the fucking thing. "oh its fine no game needs you to use all the buttons" ya because they were being made for a console that it was impossible to do it with because of the fucking controller!
>>
File: 1502328957605.png (324KB, 579x458px) Image search: [Google]
1502328957605.png
324KB, 579x458px
>>386895979
Can someone explain to me why it's an NES controller with 2 analog sticks?
>>
>>386904637
There's no good reason for a game to use more buttons than the middle and right prong require.
>>
>>386904797
how about the fact the stick disintegrates, if I go into by basement right now and turn on my gamecube guess what? I can still play it because the stick still functions
>>
>>386905008
I've had the same clear purple and gray controllers since 1999 and my sticks are fine.
>>
>>386905117
Then you're one of the lucky ones my friend has about 5 controllers about only 1 of them still has a decent stick, you and I both know that it was a massive problem with they system just scroll up
>>
>>386905008
too bad the gc controller sucks ass.
>>
>>386895360
You're underage or retarded. My snes games all still work.
>>
>>386905294
Way fucking better than the n64 at least the GC looks like it was made with human hands in mind
>>
>>386898343
Like the PS2 (b-buh works on my machine) N64 emulation is a clusterfuck.

The 1 obstacle to N64 enjoyment is the analog stick that wears down. It feels incredible new though, so accurate.
>>
>>386905523
baby-human hands
>>
>>386905672
as if theres some huge difference in the button distance on the GC compared to the n64, look I'm not saying the GC controller is the best controller ever made thats obviously the xbox one but its still better than n64 thats my point
>>
>>386903779
The N64 was the shit for me growing up. I never had a problem with the controller, and even the Playstation Bros picked it up easily when they would come over. This meme doesn't even make sense. It wasn't until a few years ago I started hearing about the 3 hands shit.
>>
File: nhO6hIb.jpg (44KB, 830x606px) Image search: [Google]
nhO6hIb.jpg
44KB, 830x606px
>>386906085
>thats obviously the xbox one
>>
>>386906085
the problem is that the handle is too small, the bit with the c-stick and d-pad actually stops the back fingers and makes holding it super uncomfortable. The z button is also trash, but that's a small problem.
>>
>>386884815
I never recall needing to "change legs" on the N64. I don't think any game even supported both the D-pad and control stick at the same time, and certainly none asked you to switch between them or somehow use both at once.
>>
>>386906486
It's the best controller prove me wrong
>>
>>386906882
The only ones I can remember that even used both the stick and dpad were the Turok games(1 used it to toggle walking/running, and 2 had stuff like scoping and switching ammo types mapped to it) and Rainbow Six for unlocking doors.
>>
>>386903779
Yeah its nostalgiafags who can't except that no one cares for there outdated controller.
>>
File: speak properly.jpg (47KB, 636x457px) Image search: [Google]
speak properly.jpg
47KB, 636x457px
>>386907425
>>
>>386907354
Huh. I stand corrected. Still, those were one-and-done presses, right? The game didn't expect you to hold up on the D-pad while walking around with the control stick and shooting with A or something, right?
>>
>>386907759
Yeah they were one-and-done, but IIRC in Rainbow Six you did have to hold it, but it's not like you're doing anything that needs the stick when unlocking doors.
Besides why would you play Rainbow Six on the N64?
>>
>>386903779
Thing is, as odd as it seems when you first look at it, it's actually really easy to use. There's extra buttons, yeah, but once you understand that they aren't used for much it's an intuitively designed piece.

It's an ugly piece of shit, but it's not an unwieldy piece of shit.
>>
>>386905008
The N64 controller has some of the best sticks. Unfortunately they do wear out.
The rest of the controller is fine though.
>>
>>386904716
If it had 2 plugs on it, it would be a cool smash TV controller
>>
File: 1502063512403.jpg (37KB, 259x288px) Image search: [Google]
1502063512403.jpg
37KB, 259x288px
The thing is, the n64 controller was more or less put out there without a sure confidence it would work. The whole thing was an experiment in 3d design+analog control, so it was split up with two different left handles. If the joystick failed, they had an out to use the D-pad. I doubt Nintendo saw any developers using both, or they would have found a way to add them both to the controller, like Sega and Sony did after they saw its usefulness and began to improve upon it.

In many ways, the controller was a prototype in design. So why copy it? I mean, controllers have in every way improved upon the things it innovated.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.