[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we agree Super SFV won't change anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (49KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
49KB, 460x215px
People fail to remember how much SFIV was hated when it was released and rightfully so. It was easily the worst SF game outside of 1 in the franchise. It felt nothing like an SF game and at that time the audience was all og players. By the time Super and Ultra dropped everyone in the audience praised it as the best fighting game ever made. The thing is neither super nor ultra fixed or changed any core shit IV mechanics, namely the fucking slow ass speed, implementation of ex moves compared to past games, shitty use of invincible frames, garbage ultras, etc. The games weren't fixed, instead, the audience changed. It was now full of 09 scrubs who never have played another fighting game except maybe games that came out after 09 when IV brought the scene back and all those games were cheap ass IV clones using the same casual BS mechanics (example EVERY NRS GAME since IV).

So even when, IF, super drops, don't expect the audience to start praising it like the 180 they pulled with IV because we won't see a similar shift in audience. I've seen some OG 3S, etc, players come back and they enjoy V way more than IV because it actually feels like an SF game but their not as committed because just too much time has based. Most of them hung up the towel long ago. I have zero hope for the new audience who just screams about single player content rather than core mechanics and balance because "other games have it". Well those other fighters are complete shit with the shelf life of a year or two and have HORRENDOUS net code because "muh single player development allocation" (again, example every NRS game).

In the end it doesn't fucking matter. It's just annoying. SF and MVC WILL dominate and continue to dominate as the #1 and #2 spot regardless of all the shit talk. Accept it.
>>
>this game is shit and the other game is shit but these two shitty games will continue to be popular because the FGC are a bunch of retarded cucks who cannot stop sucking Capcom's corporate dick and have no self respect, accept it.

Okay.
>>
>>386883041
SFV may feel like an SF game but it is not.
Street fighter was about spacing and zoning. Not anymore.
>>
I hate all fighting games anymore. I dont know what happened. Probably have less time to learn.
>>
>>386883787
I started playing GG rev2.
It's hard as fuck but every time i log in i end up learning something new. It's kind of amazing in that regard.
>>
>>386884058
I hardly play xrd cause I always played bridget. I liked pokes and set ups.
I like keeping things real simple. My execution is awful. I cant find any active games that meets my needs to just sit around and press a button or 2 and you have a chance at winning.
>>
File: 1461778682492.jpg (20KB, 408x446px) Image search: [Google]
1461778682492.jpg
20KB, 408x446px
>>386883372
For the pros yes (although they also have sponsor cock to suck), for the rest I wouldn't agree. A lot of capcom players are both afraid and unmotivated to branch out into new territory. It's easier to complain about little changes you don't like about the newest capcom fighter while still playing it than it is to drop it and pick up a new game that other people have been playing for 5 years or more.

>>386883692
I also agree with this. Spacing, zoning, tech, all of these things are really lacking in SFV. They're there, but they're almost nonfactors. These things are arbitrary compared to what actually gives you wins and the strategies that win are antonymous with how I like to play SF games so I dropped SFV. I imagine a lot of people feel the same way.

It's a shame too, because I was fine with capcom's approach to make the game more accessible than SFIV at the beginning, but the cost was far too great. I thought they would stop at execution but they limited defensive neutral, defensive options, space control, and zoning too. I heard Combofiend jokingly tell someone in an interview that if he made a fighting game it would just always be two players colliding into eachother, but that's exactly the impression I got when I played SFV a lot of the time.
>>
>>386884408
Maybe you should pick up fantasy strike, unironically. Baby tier execution but the game only has walking like SF2 and all of the characters have at least one decent normal it seems.
>>
>>386884514
I can imagine peter nerfing zoning and defensive options so much just because he likes to see heavies in neutral.
The entire crush counter system was born from that i think.
So yeah.
>>
>>386884514
Not to mention that a lot of capcom players are the demographic that make up most of what people refer to as "the FGC," and a good handful of them are just in it to meet up and play with their local group. They aren't avid or passionate about the genre itself.

Hell, everyone I'm friends with that hasn't dropped SFV yet only plays SFV out of all the fighting games. They spend the rest of their time watching streams or playing games like PUBG, dota, league, overwatch. Normie shit.

I found it funny when Chen said that people that hate on SFV have no stakes in the fighting game genre but I find from personal experience and relationships that SFV players are the least invested in those games. Everyone I know that plays GG intermediately also plays Tekken 7, BB, KOF, or even SFV on the side.
>>
>>386884514
I ended up discovering that in sfv i win a lot more ofter with my brain turned off.
The moment i try being smart - i get grabbed or worse.
sfv is literally braindead so i dropped it.
>>
>people are just now realizing that the revisionist history behind the IV praise was all a lie
What took you so long?
>>
>>386885542
Yeah I definitely overthought everything when I first played SFV on launch day. I never jumped and I constantly looked for things to whiff punish with Vega. Can't even punish forward dashes with crouch jab or standing short either. Took me a while to realize that you have to preemptively press buttons to stuff forward dashes and risk getting crush countered rather than just react to approaches that I once considered "fake" and "scrubby." SFV has its own footsie game somewhat and it seems finely tuned to almost always result in an offensive steamrolling. No more games where you win just by playing a really clean neutral game.

Anyway that game just isn't for me and that's fine. I hate to see SF be reduced to what it is now, but I'll just play something else. I really don't want this to become the type of fighting game that's associated with e-sports though. There are dedicated players for games that actually have depth that deserve that money and appreciation far more than SFV's.
>>
>>386886798

Too late.
>>
Here's the real problem with SFV

>FGC is on XBox
>Release new SF in PS4
>FGC stick to Ultra
>
>>
>Capcom expected to sell 2 mil in a month
>Didn't get close to that after a year

Anyone worried about MHW
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.