[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy Trinity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: sweetLittleLiars.png (1MB, 1203x647px) Image search: [Google]
sweetLittleLiars.png
1MB, 1203x647px
so who's the worst one, and why?

has murray redeemed himself?
>>
not todd
>>
>>386882384
Molynex by far, Godus, Fable 2&3
>>
>>386882384
Peter
>>
>>386882384
That bitch from Ouya
>>
>>386883230
but Molyneux did actually make Fable: Lost Chapters...
>>
>>386883527
not like anyone actually cared about that
>>
Where's Randy?
>>
>>386882384
todd shouldn't even be in the trinity desu
Him being a liar are mostly memes, sure he does exaggerate but who doesn't?
>>
>>386882384
Murray is a genius.
I played his game with my girlfriend (she played some kind of alien guy) long time ago it was the best experience I ever had.
>>
>>386883982
t. Todd Howard
>>
>>386884054
t. Saun Murray
>>
>>386882384
>has murray redeemed himself?

Fuck off Sean you numale faggot, put some socks on.
>>
>>386882384

David Cage > Molyneux > Murray > Todd

that's the bullshit artist power ranking
>>
Molynex and Howard have been involved in the production of good games
Murry has not
It's really that simple
>>
Howard's full of shit, but at least Bethesda games are passable. Even unmodded Skyrim isn't too bad, and Fallout 4 with mods is fun.
>>
>>386884412
This. I don't even know how David Cage still has a job in the games industry, it's so painfully obvious that he wants to make movies.
>>
>>386883982
Hey Toddo.
>>
>>386884582
well Molymeme gave us Fable, Populous, Dungeon Keeper, Theme Park and Theme Hospital...
I somehow think he really is an Innovator who gets carried away by his ideas which are not feasable whereas todd just craps out the same thing over and over again just because he can and people will buy his crap
>>
>>386882384
Don't know why but I feel Todd could be a bro IRL but we only know him as the Bethesda face.
>>
>>386882384
Todd is actively doing the most damage to the industry right now. Molyneux is irrelevant. Murray is at least trying to win people back, Todd/Molyneux would have just dropped support for the game entirely.
>>
>>386882384
Molyneux is basically the reason god games exist.

So i cut him slack.
>>
>>386882384
They're all bad. Molyneux single-handedly dismantled my trust in the video game industry.
>>
File: 1411569019696.jpg (260KB, 650x1685px) Image search: [Google]
1411569019696.jpg
260KB, 650x1685px
Todd honestly seems like a sweet guy who wants to make good games but the suits hold him back
>>
>>386884863
It's because he's too shit to make movies but his games are also garbage so it's an odd limbo where he sucks at making movies and making gmaes
>>
>>386885718
Shame he's not the reason good games exist.
>>
>>386885903
Populous/Black & White

were/are amazing. I do not know what you are talking about.
>>
>>386885885
Todd is the suit your dumbass.
>>
who fooled you the most?
>>
>>386882384
They're all victims of their own publicity-success.

They've also got some weakness when it comes to seeing things through.

In addition, they too often oversimplify things and/or focus too much on accessibility to the extent that some of their visions are made very bland.

Sean Murray was likely the victim of a multitude of factors, probably relating to last minute changes he hoped could be fixed before release. Though perhaps it was also the general lack of vision 1st-person survival/buidling-games have in general.
>>
>>386885885
They are making the games they want to make.
You just aren't the target audience.
>>
>>386884412
>>386884863
>>386885895
David Cage is just pretentious..

I don't think he really understands how to convey a message really well in videogames.

Instead he hypes up 3d animation and expensive actors, and doesn't get how all of that isn't necessary all the time.

Paper's Please for instance is a fairly mature game that makes one think, the way it's systems work allow one to understand, in some way, what/how totalitarian governments/regimes operate. It manages to convey emotions, not through facial expressions captured on $1000+ hardware, but through a retro-pixelart, and text.
>>
>>386886662
>Todd is not a corporate hack who's intentionally making no changes whatsoever for almost 8 years
>Molyneux is not a pathological liar, his patterns are always the same: hype, apologize, claim next game will fulfill everything and more the last one lacked, repeat
>>
>>386885665
It could be argued that Moly did a lot more damage than Toddy could.
>>
>>386882384
Molyneux is guy who's just driven by ambition. He spoke publicly about systems before they were fully implemented and didn't foresee project cuts, deadlines, etc.

Murray on the other hand lied publicly to multiple outlets even though he knew what he was promising just flat out wasn't true.
>>
>>386886662
yeah those poor victims, bet they wipe their tears with the cash of the people they scammed
>>
Murray - Fuck him
Molynex - At least his games were released and had most of the things he promised, even though they were underwhelming af they were there
Howard - I non ironically enjoy Skyrim and may be the game I've put more hours into in my life. And yes, you could go and climb that mountain. Fallout 4 is cancer though
>>
>>386882384
I kind of feel bad for Murray. He's just a fucking idiot kid that let the age of hype get to him. Moly has never been as bad as people say but same with Todd so i'd say it's a tie between Moly and Todd.
>>
I feel like molyneux actually believes his bullshit a lot of the time and just cannot understand the logistics of implimenting said features. Sean I get the feeling that just he's despreate for attention and praise that he just went along with the community's idea for what the perfect game would be, I think he knew he could never deliver and just road it out. Todd is the king, he's nhilistic and he loves the fact that he can get away with so much fucking shit. He's a great anti-hero.
>>
>>386882384
it will always be molyneaux
murray only promised one ambitious game and they are at least still updating it
todd's lies are more like half-truths, and bethesda is actually making some good shit. plus gamebryo games are a great basis for mods
molyneaux has made PROMISE after PROMISE and none of them came true, no one even remotely comes close
>>
>>386882384
No. Murray outright lied. Maliciously lied. He went on national television and lied. He lied in many interviews. He lied after the game was released. And now the game has orbs as representations of players. There is no redeeming that hack fraud. Nor should he be redeemed for what he promised in the first place.
>you're just salty you paid and fell for the scam
I pirated this shit and felt like I was owed money.
>>
File: toddo.jpg (185KB, 808x880px) Image search: [Google]
toddo.jpg
185KB, 808x880px
>>386889146
this.

He's the perfect anti-hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEWLrZgjaq0

Out of the three Todd does the most damage to the Industry due to getting away with his shit.
He's not as negatively perceived as many other and sets a bad example

But can you blame the handsome manlet?
>>
>>386882384
>so who's the worst one, and why?
The french fuck. All he had to do is shut the fuck up and let the PR person do the talking and people would think Fable is a 9/10 game, same with all his other franchises, but nope! He has to promise the Heaven itself to you every single time.

>has murray redeemed himself?
Nope, I know his jew sky bullshit it getting more features, but those should have been in the game in the first place, not 1 year after the fact.
>>
daily reminder that todd never lied about anything until fallout 4
>>
>>386887914
you don't understand what I meant by victim of their own success.

is english not your first language?

>>386887734
both of them are higher-up/leadership/spokesperson types.

so they don't necessarily have the best idea of what's going on in the lower-levels of development and thus have somewhat unrealstic expectations and goals they project outwards.

but yes, this effectively leads to the conclusion that they're both pretty blatant serial liars
>>
File: 5105926719_abeef6854b_o.png (774KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
5105926719_abeef6854b_o.png
774KB, 960x720px
>>386882384
Todd and Molynex are not liars, they're simply devs that shouldn't do any interviews or PR because they can't shut their mouths about what they want to put in the game and what will be in the game.
People like them are the reason why most devs are so tight lipped during interviews. When a game is in development a lot of ideas will be cut due to time, money or just not being technically possible. Too and Molynex simply talk about shit that's not in the game way too early.

Sean on the other hand is just incompetent.
>>
>>386890678
>both of them are higher-up/leadership/spokesperson types.
>so they don't necessarily have the best idea of what's going on in the lower-levels of development and thus have somewhat unrealstic expectations and goals they project outwards.

Todd was in the chess club for gods sake, or so he claims at least

I think your right about peter but I'm convinced that Todd knows what he's doing and does it on purpose, he streches the truth as much as possible
>>
>>386882384
I cant be mad at the guy who made Dungeon Keeper and Theme Hospital. He can lie to me as much as he wants.
>>
>>386891917
wait a minute, molyneaux made dungeon keeper?
now I'm really conflicted
>>
File: Bullfrog.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bullfrog.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>386891917
those were the day's ol' chap.
life was easier back then
>>
>>386891917
This. People who hate him so furiously out themselves as newfags. They probably weren't even around for fable 1/2 because despite undelivered promises those were pretty good. I mean what games did he even work on after that? Fable 3, project Milo or whatever, cube clicker, and godus? I honestly chalk it up to him not being able to transition well from the era of classic computer games to the new era of console games and mobile shit. Besides is he even working still? Wasn't godus half a decade ago? Let the old man enjoy his retirement without having to deal with redditor vitriol.
>>
>>386892040
He also made Magic Carpet. There is this old clip of him showing off all the different versions of Magic Carpet they made before they where satisfied.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.