[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Age: Origins. This game isn't fun. Does it get better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (30KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
30KB, 460x215px
After four hours, I'm bored as shit with this game. Am I missing something? Where is the strategy? I don't feel like I even have much impact on the gameplay. I'm playing on normal.
>>
>>386877849
i hated it but i can tell you it gets much worse (deep rodes,fade,mage tower)
>>
And I'm not new to RPGs or anything (though I haven't played one in awhile). I loved KOTOR back in the day. This just isn't doing it for me.
>>
Bait
>>
>>386878086
Honestly not. I'm trying to decide between dropping it and moving on to something else or put more time into it. I'm at the part where you go into the tower with Allistar after the Darkspawn take control of it.
>>
Play as a mage and enjoy the power trip.
>>
>>386878329
>I'm at the part where you go into the tower with Allistar after the Darkspawn take control of it.
Took you 4 hours to get this far? Isn't all that within the first 1-2 hours maybe?

Get outside of the Battle at Ostagar and then give it chance, if you still don't like it then the game isn't for you.
>>
>>386878037
>deep roads
>bad
whitu piggu go home

>>386878329
did you fought the ogre boss already? because I remeber that was the first moment I had to pause and micromanage/move party members
>>
>>386878329
Isn't that before you meet pretty much the entire cast? Like the intro to the actual plot.
>>
>>386878556
4 hours based on Steam. I probably left the game paused for awhile outside of that.
>>
>>386878556
Depends on the origin, some go quicker than others, but 4 hours is still a bit much.
>>
>>386878640
Deep Road section goes on too long and is really drawn out, that's probably what anon meant.
>>
>>386878329
You are still in the "tutorial", game hasn't even begun yet, how the fuck did it take you 4 hours to get there?
>>
>>386877849
The closest comparison is probably a very casualized NWN2 or if WoW was RTwP. I prefer it over Baldurs Gates 2nd edition ad&d simply because i hate memorizing spells and i like the fact that warriors and rogues now get something beyond 'basic melee attack' and 'basic ranged attack'.
>>
>>386878676
>>386878698
Apologies, I forgot about the origins story. So maybe yeah, 2-3 hours?
>>
>>386877849
What the fuck is wrong with you? If you don't like it, don't play it. Do you expect someone to pop up with some miracle that makes you suddenly enjoy the game?
>>
>>386877849
Are you playing it on console?It took me til after i got halfway through my second playthrough to find out how to direct my team so they'd all do specific things i wanted them to.
>>
>>386878640
>weeb
no wonder you enjoy long empty corridors filled with hordes of mobs and nothing else.
>>
>>386878823
I probably alt-tabbed a bit and left the game running.

This has been over the course of about a week and a half and the last time I played it before Today was Monday so it's not very clear.
>>
What Dragon Age game has the best dragon fights?
>>
>>386879292
Only the first game has decent combat, so it wins by default.
>>
>>386878890
>simply because i hate memorizing spells
play as a sorcerer then
>>
>>386877849
play on max difficulty.

You'll be pulling groups of monsters into a tight corridor and aoeing them down.
>>
>>386878994
Sometimes RPGs start out slow.

And I want to like this game. It's engaging so far. But if it were to take too long for it to get good I would not keep playing it.
>>
>>386879448
I also hate micro managing my party in every fight which is why i'm a huge fan of the battle tactics system in origins.
>>
>>386879576
you can use ai scripts for that, anon
>>
>>386879292
Cisquitision has the best presentation but nothing comes close to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4uJxXQW-eo .
>>
>>386879794
It's called "Messy Kills" in DA:O, but yeah, that small mechanic adds a lot of character for a Warrior in a fight.
>>
>>386879576
>micromanaging in BG
Do you use a 6 Wizard team?
>>
>>386879091
is a classical dungeon crawling quest you pleb, the point was you are deep underground without easy way out other than going forward
>how come this notorious network of caves and tunnels full of creatures feels like A NETWORK OF CAVES AND TUNNELS FULL OF CREATURES 0/10
>>
>>386879794
I used a mod to disable those, they can outright kill you in nightmare difficulty since you are looking all flashy and shit but are stuck in this animation unable to use abilities and losing HP.
>>
>>386880343
>it's shit on purpose
>>
>>386880123
2 healers, 2 spell casters and 1 melee and 1 ranged

D&D just has way too many highly situational abilities for casters and healers that i don't want to deal with. I like games that have only 8-10 abilities or spells per class at max. Bonus points if select all ->attack automatically picks the right abilities of a given class.
>>
>>386880734
>2 healers, 2 spell casters and 1 melee and 1 ranged
What a fucking retard one healer and one arcane caster are more than enough to handle everything the game throw at you
>>
>>386881034
>Not using 1 healer, 1 melee, 4 spellcasters
>>
>>386881034
Yeah if you plan ahead with buffs and protection spells. Again, i hate micro management. I hate preparing for fights with potions and scrolls and shit, summing familiars with special wands.
>>
File: 1304352038702.jpg (35KB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
1304352038702.jpg
35KB, 217x217px
>>386877849
>Where is the strategy?
>I'm playing on normal.
>>
i liked fade
deep roads can go suck a dick though
>>
>>386881356
Use what you want, the games are piss easy but don't complain about having to micro if most of your team are casters
>>
I really like CRPGs, but really just couldn't even force myself to play this. It has such an incredibly generic plot, the combat controls are incredibly clunky evem for a CRPG, and it's a HUGE eyesore. I'd rather look at something like Planescape or Baldur's Gate, both of which came out 10+ years prior, than the art from this game.
>>
>>386877849
The beginning is boring and tedious if you're playing as a mage. But by mid and late game it improves significantly (until you have to go to the Fade again, fuck the Fade). I've never done a playthrough as any other class or race so I don't know
>>
>>386881509
Every game so far has an obnoxious Deep Roads section and I'm so tired. At least Inquisition's was DLC and optional.
>>
>>386882014
The Fade's alright the first time when the puzzles and everything are fresh, it's just repeat visits sucking. If you're on PC, you can just install that mod that skips most of the Fade section.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.