[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sawneek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: s1-mz-summaryimg.png (8KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
s1-mz-summaryimg.png
8KB, 320x224px
How does a game go from so good to so bad so fast
>>
>>386877043
it isn't bad. people will still be playing it. just more people will be pirating it first now
>>
>>386877201
Trust me, I love the game, but fuck me I hate marble zone.
>>
>>386877324
It gets even worse with Labrynth Zone.
>>
>>386877043
Because fuck Sega for delaying the PC version.
>>
File: 1434087846879.jpg (49KB, 404x330px) Image search: [Google]
1434087846879.jpg
49KB, 404x330px
>>386877043

Get good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kOAdhUlkt0
>>
>>386877880
Never said it was hard, jackass. Its boring, and tedious, and the existence of a glitch that let's you skip the level doesn't make up for the fact that the entire zone was poorly designed.
>>
Marble Zone is easy to go through the motions in and beat. The problem is it becomes boring. I like the game for the most part, I just hate Marble and Labyrinth.
>>
Is Marble Zone part of Marble Garden?
>>
>>386877880
>You can only go fast for long periods of time if you memorize the level

No wonder autistics like sonic. It encourages repeating the levels over and over just to get that rush.

Plus the one-dimensional characters with color association.
>>
>>386880057
>It encourages repeating the levels over and over just to get that rush.
well if you get a game over you have to restart from the beginning
>>
>>386880057
>I HATE REPLAYING VIDEO GAMES
you're on the wrong board anon
>>
It's only bad if you play it like a push-right-to-win stage. Marble Zone requires deliberate, slower platforming.
>>
>>386877880
>get gud
>posts video of someone exploiting glitches to skip the level entirely.
>>
>>386880736
Which is boring shit
>>
>>386877043
I really like this level but don't care about going fast.
i beat sonic 2 without knowing about spin dash
>>
>>386879328
Marble is well designed platforming stage and one of the best in the game. Sonic Dash sounds more up your alley.
>>
>>386877043
>waah waah I hate platforing
buy Mario Maker and play those autorun levels, you'll love them
>>
Seems great to me.
>>
>>386881379
Its not about about hating platforming you neanderthal. Its the fucking waiting. Waiting for the block to move across the lava, waiting for the spiked chandelier to fall, so you can jump on it and wait for the next spiked chandelier. Not to mention the extremely linear level design, instead of the branching pathways typical of so many stages.
>>
>>386881379
Stop and start platforming is good when you have platforming mechanics that have immediate acceleration and deceleration.
>>
File: altered_beast.jpg (90KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
altered_beast.jpg
90KB, 800x450px
i just realized this is the same level as altered beast. deepest sega lore
>>
>>386881928
go treat up that ADHD bro, waiting a second before moving foward or observing the environment to know when to jump off the platform or dodge shit is just sad

>>386881956
Sonic's acceleration is rather sluggish, but it works fine for the hazards they put in the game in my opinion
>>
>>386881928
You don't need to wait for the block. That Spike chandeliers take at most 20 seconds to drop. They're fine.

>>386881956
The slower acceleration and deceleration don't hurt the platforming at all. Everything is designed around Sonic's abilities so the momentum isn't an issue.
>>
>>386882117
It depends on the zone. In Labyrinth Zone I feel like Sonic's momentum-based movement mechanics really play against the level design.
>>
>>386880057
>he wants to "go fast" blindly without earning the right and no consequences
Casual detected
>>
>>386882206
I think it's a good challenge for such a late game area, the problem lies in the sluggish movement underwater being unavoidable and feeling punishing

Aquatic Ruins and the entirety of Sonic 3K did it much better with water areas being a punishment more than anything else and being mostly avoidable if you played well
>>
>>386882117
>>386882190
My point is, the game sells itself on being fast, with a character with a high top speed and momentum to keep that speed. Why have any moments where you need to wait? Why not have a way to get through the obstacle while keeping your speed (and not executing glitches). This is alleviated by having multiple paths in most stages, but this stage has only one pathway.
>>
>>386882746
you should try playing Sonic Dash then, like the other anon said, it's non-speed running, you'll love it
>>
File: u5ikgLL.png (243KB, 692x568px) Image search: [Google]
u5ikgLL.png
243KB, 692x568px
>>386882746
>He thinks Genesis Sonic games are about going fast and not being bombarded with obstacles and traps every 5 seconds

Before nu-/v/ everyone. A generation that wants hand holding mechanic galore so they can bitch about games only having 3 hours of gameplay.
>>
>>386877043
I really like Marble Zone. The music and aesthetics were great and I didn't mind the slower platforming. The real shitshow of Sonic 1 is Labyrinth. There's nothing good about it other than being able to skip half of acts 1 and 3 using shortcuts.
>>
>>386883253
Genesis Sonic games are about going fast once you git gud
unfortunately you get bombarded with obstacles and traps every 5 seconds until you git gud. Which means gitting gud is an achievement reserved for autismos and 90s kids who only own a Genesis and two games.
>>
>>386883253
You are honestly fucking retarded. I'm not saying remove obstacles. I'm saying that if you are good enough you should be able to keep your speed through most if not the entire stage. I know I wasn't as clear as I could have been, but at least try to comprehend what someone is saying before replying.
>>
spoiler alert sonic isn't very good
>>
>>386883460
Pretty much this. Marble Zone I just loved because it had that 90s genesis feel to it. Even though it's level and mechanic aged poorly, it's music and design certainly hasn't.

Labyrinth Zone on the other head is just nonredeemable. The fact the level has some of the most asshole level mechanics in the entire franchise along with glitches(like the fishes are still swimming if you drain all the water) and lag spikes everywhere makes it not worth replaying the entire game for.
>>
>>386883493
no wonder you scrubs think dark souls is tough. Nu-/v/ is full of fucking pansies who need games to hold their hands. You wouldn't last a second playing anything before 1996 except maybe Kirby
>>
>>386880057
>"J-j-just memorize the entire level bro. The camera is fine."

Sonic fanboy autism never fails to get a laugh out of me.
>>
>>386881216
>slow down to wait for blocks to fall
>stand and wait for platform to lower, then stand on top of it and wait for it to rise
>slowly push block
>stand on block
>wait for block to slowly move
>stage is so boring that fucking SONIC HIMSELF starts to get bored and tap his foot impatiently as he waits for the platform to slowly drift right
>well designed
>>
>>386881216
I think a level where damn near everything is a sharp right angle by principle can't be considered "well-designed" for a classic Sonic game. Sonic needs slopes and ramps
>>
Megamix is the best Sonic hack
Homing attack is the most fun shit
>>
I want a Sonic game which is physics puzzles to get through the environment.
>>
File: smug simpsons.jpg (99KB, 926x542px) Image search: [Google]
smug simpsons.jpg
99KB, 926x542px
>>386877043
When did it start being good?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.