[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Great Debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (422KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
422KB, 2560x1920px
The Great Debate
>>
No man's sky is bad.
>>
Spore got me. I was a kid back then.
I never fell for No Man's Sky because I'm not retarded. Saw it coming from a million miles away. If anything, the only thing that surprised me were the amount of people that actually fell for it.
>>
never played Spore but No Man's Sky was hysterically bad and boring as fuck. I heard that Spore atleast had some nice parts to it "It was fun before you got to X" or whatever.
>>
File: 1486156700725.jpg (12KB, 244x255px) Image search: [Google]
1486156700725.jpg
12KB, 244x255px
>>386874434
Get a load of this guy
>>
>>386874191
Probably Spore because it still hurts 9 years later. I didn't play No Mans Sky, but I can't imagine being pissed for THAT long.

Spore hurts because it could've been good, but a lot of stuff was changed and/or cut. There was never anything to NMS, it was always lies.
>>
>>386874191
I didn't buy into the NMS hype because of Spore.
>>
>>386874616
Spore is fun till you get to the tribe age.
At that point you might as well start over.
>>
>>386874191
I was a kid when I got Spore so I never even heard of all the stuff that got cut before release, but even with all it's cut content I still think it's a fun game, and Spore is no where near the disaster that NMS is.
>>
>>386874191
Just look at the boxarts, look at all that shit going on in Spore; it was going to be rad as shit.

NMS however gives you some space hipster's back turned to you and heading toward a sort-of ominous rhombohedron. It tasks you to assign it meaning, and probably because whoever put it together just couldn't.
>>
>>386875221
>Spore is no where near the disaster that NMS
It may be a better game than NMS, but the fallout was no where near as bad as the Spore fallout was.
>>
Is the patched and updated version of NMS worth 20 bucks?

I am bored and ahve nothing better to do, and want to fly around in a space ship.
>>
>>386874191
Looking back, Spore had delivered everything the developers had said about it. It was barebone, but it was all there. Most of the outlandish stuff that we assumed was in was hype from the fans themselves. NMS was a lie.
>>
>>386874191
spore had years of hype

no man's sky had months

you figure it out
>>
>>386874191
Id buy no man's sky if it was 10 dollars or less as a cool chill out game for late nights when im in a good mood, but it is not worth 60 dollars or whatever they were charging.
>>
File: 1502477579454.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502477579454.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
>>386876219
I agree,played spore and had fun.
Sure space stage was lacking but they never said it will be multiplayer INFINITE PROCEDURALLY GENERATED SPACE
>>
>>386876201
If you have the means, check out gamestop/target/goodwill/any other second hand store. Could probably get it for $2 or $3.
>>
File: 60508287_p0_master1200.jpg (329KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
60508287_p0_master1200.jpg
329KB, 600x839px
>>386874191
At least with spore you can have fun creating dicks or whatever you want
>>
I never knew what spore was supposed to be because I was still a kid at the time, it's one of my favorite games because it really brought out my creativity.

Spore: Galactic Adventures was the shit.
>>
>>386876219
>Most of the outlandish stuff that we assumed was in was hype from the fans themselves.
No, this is wrong. The 'outlandish stuff we assumed' was things shown at E3 that was later cut because of time/budget restraints and EA wanting to appeal to a larger crowd.
>>
I remember enjoying the space phase in Spore
>>
>>386875049
I agree, tribe and civilization are just really slow "build in the right order or die" minigames and galactic is confusing and not really connected the the core of the game. I think spore is a game that people like because it's a cool concept but actually pretty uncreative and bad in execution. It could have been great if they made it all one flowing 3d thing and id like it if someone tried to redo it.
>>
>>386876623
>Tfw no aquatic animal stage
>Tfw no aquatic civilization
Why did you remind me...
>>
>>386876668
Most people do,things got out of hand with shitposting.
Apparently Dark Spore fixes a lot of things these people wanted and yet nobody from them has played the game.
>>
>>386876623
>was things shown at E3
Can you name a few.
>>
>>386876623
NMS delivered the core concept too: it's endless exploration with a predictably shitty algorithm for content creation. I do not understand why anyone got excited for this tech demo with a bad premise. Yes, pure exploration is a bad premise, and the obsession with open-worlding every damn game is a bane to the industry just as excessive linearity was. Gamers can blame themselves for this one.

The algorithm creation is a tech demo of a tech DaggerFall used and it sucked back then. Again, there was no reason to be excited.

Forbes now wants me to believe it's worth picking up. Nope
>>
>>386874191
Spore if you're not underage
No Man's Sky if you are underage
>>
>>386876493
Any EBgames I've been to has still had it for over 25$ at least. Which sucks since I want to play it but I'm poor
>>
>>386874191
They were both supremely underwhelming and not at all like people were led to believe they would be.

But at least the game(s) Spore actually turned out to be was still relatively fun to play anyway.
>>
>>386876784
>"build in the right order or die"
there was a wrong order where you could die?
>>
>>386877084
>cell stage much more in depth and your cell/creature much more complex
>aquatic stage which was completely cut (00:14:00)
>the way you fight is based on where you put the weapon (00:17:50)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ScRG_reIw
Here's the video if you want to go through it. I only gave you a few points from the first 20 minutes, but the presentation is an hour long and what is shown is a completely different game from what was released.
>>
>>386877359
If you arent on the easy level, its pretty easy to go too slow in the tribe section and get fucked.
>>
>>386877632
>the way you fight is based on where you put the weapon
But this was the case?
I think if you had a tail you attacked with the tail.
>>
>>386877870
No, it doesn't really matter where you put your weapons. The animations are completely the same if you put a spike on your tail, your head, or your back. Will Wright said that the attack animation would be based off where the weapon is on the creature's body.
>>
>>386878098
It can be,its been a long time since i played the game.
Still not surprised by the cut content since this is EA we are talking about and I can see how may of this extra features require time.
I had fun it was ok for what it was and I got it for $2.
>>
you can be a penis in spore
>>
>>386874191
NMS was made by a bunch of amatures who had never made a $60 game before, they bit off more than they could chew and weren't entirely honest about what the game would even be.
Will "we'd rather have the sales of Sims 2 than the metascore of Half Life 2" Wright has no fucking excuse, he just sold out.
I genuinely think deep down Sean Murray really did consider this his dream project, he just ended up making promises he couldn't keep and didn't understand expectations management. He should have said explicitly there was no multiplayer at all instead of making confusing cryptic statements implying there would be.
>>
>>386878247
>Still not surprised by the cut content since this is EA we are talking about
Spore was taking to long to be released so EA basically fired Will Wright and cut the stages/features not fully completed. Then they were worried Spore was only targeted to a niche audience so they simplified the creature creator and added cartoony features to appeal to kids. If you look at any of the videos before the game was released, most creatures looked realistic and you weren't as limited as you are in the released version.
>>
>>386877359
>i decide to make a race of angelic muses to regale the unevolved world with music
>they get fucking raped by warlords
0/10
>>
>>386878746
>lying about a game is okay if I self rationalize what I THINK the developer might have thought so I feel better about the whole scenario
Holy fuck is this how people get scammed by those stupid phone callers and shit like that? You just believe they have good intentions and tell them your CC number?
>>
>>386874191
Should have thrown Star Citizen in there
>>
>>386879503
I didn't buy NMS.
I think people who were disappointed because it was boring are fucking morons because it was boring in all of the ways you'd expect it to be. The endless void of space just isn't interesting. NMS should have been a simple indie game for a modest price, not a big budget AAA title. And no I don't think it's okay that Sean Murray lied, I just think he got roped into some of those lies because he didn't have the backbone/realism to simply say "no". Not that he isn't a lair, just that he lied out of cowardice not deceit.
>>
Spore was a better ruse and therefore the worst.
Like you'd have to be a retard to fall for NMS but Will Wright had some goodwill behind his name.

Never Ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA
>>
File: 1497874042944.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1497874042944.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
>>386877632
Every newfriend/youngster needs to watch this video in it's entirety, and then see the shallow pile of shit EA gutted the Spore they released in to. I will never forgive them for this shit. This shit drove Will Wright out of the industry. FUCK EA.
>>
>>386880002
I stopped reading on about the 3rd "I think + opinion"
>>
>>386880659
that image..
>>
>>386876201

They just released an update today that added loads more content. For $20 it's definitely worth it.
>>
>>386880002
THIS. The entire idea sucked.

I think Spore at least had a good idea.
>>
>>386880659
>the horse's dick is erect
there's no doubt she milks him.
>>
>>386880758
Its interesting how out of all the boards where people get into mud slinging arguments, the one where the posters are most insistent on facts rather than opinions is for discussion of art and entertainment.
>>
Spore no contest. The original build was shown in great detail and was extremely impressive both technically and in scope. After that though, there was almost no new details about the game. The few videos and screenshots that were released over those couple of years showed a notable change in art style that alarmed the community, but the developers pretty much refused to comment on any changes to the game. The previews just prior to release were almost exclusively of the editor, which was easily the most impressive part of the game. However, that prevented fans from understanding how watered down the gameplay and features had become.
>>
File: neverchanges.png (596KB, 669x473px) Image search: [Google]
neverchanges.png
596KB, 669x473px
>>386874658
What are you talking about?
Only thing I see is a glowing orb and it didn't move since I arrived on this planet.
>>
>>386876297
no man's sky had several years of hype aswell
>>
>>386877178
You've been posting the same thing in multiple NMS threads. Give it a rest.

We both know it's you, so don't bother denying it.
>>
>>386882975
except when you're trying to tell me the psyche of a person or why they acted a certain way without facts you sound pretty fucking stupid.
I can easily just say I THINK that Sean Murray lied on purpose to get more revenue or I THINK that certain features were never even planned but mentioned to ride the hype train longer, I THINK that he even maybe would sit at home late at night and write up scripts for the interviews he went into so he could sell his false points better.

But thats just a load of bullshit without facts isn't it?
>>
>>386883749
I only did that in two threads. It was relevant.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.