[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro Store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: 1898533516.jpg (357KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1898533516.jpg
357KB, 900x675px
>Go to nearby retro game store
>Appears to be mostly a den for manchildren to play Yu-Gi-Oh
>"We're always hosting Yu-Gi-Oh events. Fighting games? nah"
>Stock consists mostly sports games,movie licenses, and bullshit little kid games
>All decent games are overpriced as hell
>No consoles for sale
>"Sorry bro, you gotta check our facebook page and come on the day when our good shit comes in because it sells out right away"
>Dudebro behind the counter is hardly interested in games and wants to talk about normalfag shit like movies and MMA
I like the idea of a retro game store where I can become a regular, even if I have to pay slightly above ebay prices, but goddamn every single store I've ever been to is complete piece of shit. Why is being a NEET and just getting shit on ebay infinitely better than venturing out into the world and being disappointed?
>>
What city do you live in? Ive seen gamestores like that in milwaukee, but st paul and madison have pretty good game stores
>>
There's this retro vidya store by me that hosts smash tourneys and does the same facebook shit
>>
>>386868619
I wish i had a retro store that played yugioh

All the ones near me play magic, which is alright but I'm burnt out on it
>>
>>386868827
The city I live has a population of about 700,000. Not really a major city, but it's also not like I live in the sticks. The best source of retro stuff I've found nearby are vendors at flea markets, as they have much more interesting things but it's the same bullshit where you gotta be there bright and early to get the good stuff, and honestly I don't care enough to become some kind of store camping autist.
>>
File: just_right.gif (2MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
just_right.gif
2MB, 420x420px
My LGS is in a somewhat small suburban area, so it gets some good shit without being plagued by ebay resellers.
>>
File: 1459285227770.jpg (147KB, 720x518px) Image search: [Google]
1459285227770.jpg
147KB, 720x518px
>Go to retro store.
>Aggressive and hostile pinoy is always working there.

Get out of my country.
>>
>>386870337
>LGS

no nigger

you're using that wrong and it's not funny
>>
File: 1464122215838.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1464122215838.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>>386868619
The majority of these fags are copies of gamestop without the endless credit card shilling.
Prices are double the ebay average, owners tend to be curry slingers, chinese repros of carts and accessories trying to pushed off as official, and refuse to haggle. I've seen soulless corporations that are more willing to haggle than these goons.
>>
File: Big Boss.jpg (45KB, 521x586px) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss.jpg
45KB, 521x586px
>>386868619
>all decent games are behind the glass
>store doesn't allow for sifting through carts
>>
File: 1496965346493.gif (846KB, 245x194px) Image search: [Google]
1496965346493.gif
846KB, 245x194px
>>386870580
It's a local store that sells games. It's an LGS.
Deal with it.
>>
i live in a small town of 1,300 people but if i travel about 15 miles i can make it to a larger town of 50,000 that has two game stores with little to no real selection outside of a few outlier rare items they want a million dollars for.

so i'm forced to look through thrift stores for months on end to find anything at all or resort to ebay and try and net a good deal.
>>
>>386868619
The retro game store scene has been dead for quite a while now and pretty much all of them will rip you off big time. For their prices what is common is they'll check Ebay listings, put it in order of "highest first" and go with the first result. Depending on your location you might get lucky but it's a rare thing indeed.
>>
Should I build Trickstars, World Chalice or Vendread?
I already have a monarch deck, but I feel like playing one of the new archetypes, and I pulled a trickstar link, but the fucking trap costs like 15 bucks, and World Chalice seems fun af
>>
>>386870709
i wouldn't mind that too much if i could at least see the prices of the games, local store doesn't have the prices viewable in the case until a clerk goes and grabs the game for you to look at.
>>
>>386870709
Nigger
>>
>>386868619

Nice blog post you degenerate mouthbreather
>>
>>386869584
There's a card store nearby that used to host Naruto tcg tournaments. Half of the people there were my friends. We just talked and occasionally played. It was pretty comfy.
>>
All storeowners who allow the price stickers to be placed over the cartridge's label should be rounded up and shot.
>>
Being in the UK and looking for older games is suffering, after about 10 years of looking weekly in second hand shops I have found a hand full of decent GameCube games, sports games and sega genesis games priced 4x the price of eBay listings.
>>
>Go to a flea market
>This one guy has this huge pile of stuff
>Piles and piles of old consoles in the most abhorrent conditions
>Covered in dirt, busted up like you wouldnt believe, wires and controllers in rats nest so disgusting I dont think an actual rat could get out
>Any decent stuff is behind glass and demanding enormously high prices

I actually had to leave because of how frustrated and sad I got seeing all that shit, it looked like a fucking dump. To know that there are people who would pay good money to get something like a N64 or Dreamcast and then to see this hillbilly hoard them in rotting rusting piles made me sick to my stomach.
>>
>>386870602
Sounds like the retro shop that opened at my local mall for a while. Fucking place was exactly as you described, with guides for retro games which I thought was cool, but down to the poos running it. Place lasted an inexplicable 3 years before they eventually ran out of money and left.
>>
File: 7288296081.png (1MB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
7288296081.png
1MB, 800x597px
I'd like to see a Japanese game store. From what I've seen online, it looks like they have old stuff in very nice condition for reasonable prices, whereas everywhere I've been in the US has shitty games in mediocre-to-bad condition, at high prices.
>>
How would I create my own video gaming store? There's one locally owned gaming store that's been doing fine in our town for like four years, but a cybercafe we had in ~2011 barely lasted a year
>>
>>386872135
One day I'd really like to go to Akihabara.
A whole subsection of a city dedicated to stores I actually want to go to.
>>
>>386868619
>Local game store opens
>Games selling across the street at Walmart for $20 cost $49.99
>There are two people working that look like they are tripping on something
Never again.
>>
>>386872350
>Akihabara
We need our own version, in some hellhole that nobody would miss. Like Alabama Akihabara.
>>
File: 1.jpg (55KB, 793x396px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
55KB, 793x396px
retro gaming is a mistake
>>
>>386872623
Letting the free market exist with retards in charge was the mistake.
>>
>>386872623
>$126 for 24 months
Yeah, no biggie I'm just paying my loan to buy a $3000 game. It's totally an investment bro, it's gonna be worth more in the future.
>>
>>386872623
More like hipsters were a mistake. Only a Starbucks addicted numale would pay more than like $30 for a retro game.
>>
>>386872554
Too hot for cosplayers there, and it wouldn't be akihabara without cosplay cafes.
Although in my last trip to Mexico there was a maid cafe in monterrey, which is also hot as balls, so it could work
>>
>>386868619
I worked at a hobby store. No video, but lots of Yugi, MtG, Heroclix, figs, board games, etc.
A close knit group of MtG players that play casuals literally daily are usually fucked up. Really weird stories from there.
>>
looks like retro gaming for elitish people only
>>
File: IMG_0376.jpg (96KB, 795x593px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0376.jpg
96KB, 795x593px
>>386868619
The fightan community is full of nigger mode autists that take the heat of actually fighting and combine it with pure autisic rage when they lose cause they didn't actually get hurt
Not to mention if there's a cash prize involved absolute scum of the earth come out to try and scrape some money and chimp even harder when they don't get it

It's terrible for business to have that crowd around, I've seen smash tournaments where 18-19 year olds dunked on some literal child and went HAHA FUCK YOU LITTLE NIGGA GET THE FUCK OUT AAAAAA

What would a parent, with actual money tell everyone about gaming and that store as a whole?
Fighting games are bad for business.
Thanks niggers and twitch
>>
>>386871293
no
but I am in the Chicago area so that's probably why they're behind glass at some places
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.