/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

This better be good.
>>
>>386860617
>he fell for the meemee
the gameplay is garbage
the visuals are garbage
the sidequests are garbage
the main quest is garbage
the pacing is garbage
the level design is garbage

a good soundtrack and a few novelty moments is all you're getting
>>
>>386860617
THE MADMAN ACTUALLY BOUGHT IT AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Fuck fishing so much I still don't understand how to do it
>>
>>386860617
If you played Automata, you will like it. It's very similar with worse combat but better everything else.
>>
>>386860617
It's completely mediocre, made up of some really good parts and some fucking awful shit which come together to make a game which can't be objectively called anything more than mediocre. If you can look past the awful shit you can greatly enjoy the good parts though. Listening to music from Nier still brings me right back to it and I actually look back on it fondly, despite knowing full well that some parts of the game are complete fucking shit.
>>
>>386860617
KEKEKKEKEKE

mem'd xDD u got MEME'D
>>
>>386861361
I liked Automata, guess thatsall that matters
>>
>>386860617
>not getting replicant

ya goofed
>>
>>386861452
It depends. Why did you like it?

Was it the platinum (although worse than MGR) combat? Then it's gonna be hit or miss.

Did you like it because of the story, characters and music? Then you will love it.
>>
>>386861367
>mediocre mediocre mediocre

read the gamespot review I see.
>>
I loved it, apart from the sidequests
>>386861006
this.
>>386860617
also, you didn't buy it brand new did you, you fucking retard?
>>
>>386861695
I haven't actually, what's it about? You seem to be knowledgeable about gamespot's opinion, give me a summary.
>>
>>386860617

It's OK to skip the first game in a series anon. Otherwise you will spend your life playing a larger proportion of bad games and wonder why you are depressed.
>>
File: 017 - FnHgXYF.jpg (20KB, 281x350px) Image search: [Google]
017 - FnHgXYF.jpg
20KB, 281x350px
>>386860617

What the fuck?? Its not good
>>
ITT: Shitter-shattered Automatafags can't handle the first game is better in most every regard and the only reason they like it is because of 2B's ass.
>>
>>386862385
Fuck off with your obsession for MUH ASSES AND MUH TITS creep
>>
>Game has "good" story
>Game also has garbage gameplay
>>
>>386861484
Papa Nier kicks the shit out of twink Nier
>>
>>386860784
In my opinion, it was worth it. Still replay it from time to time.
>>
>>386862590
The gameplay is okay, it just gets repetitive. Luckily with the phoenix spear you can just rip so fast through the second playthrough that you actually have to wait on bosses just to hear them. Also, unless you are some completion freak you never have to garden and only fish once. I do think some of the sidequests are worth doing as their stories are quite good, but gardening can go fuck itself.
>>
Nier as a game is pure fucking garbage but it has such an interesting premise/story that makes it worth it
>>
>>386862621
fuck off manlet
>>
>>386862621
not a twink. also daddy nier is such an overdone archetype. especially in western games.
>>
>>386862832
so watch a longplay and save money.
>>
>>386862385
The only parts where the first one can compete are story, characters and music. Even then the only part which it really does better considering only in-game material for both titles is characterization. Music is amazing in both and the story in Nier only really gets good in the final 3rd, before that it has some pretty retarded moments and is quite unoriginal. Everything which makes it an actual game is way worse, from the actual game mechanics and the clunky gameplay to the 30FPS (and below) stutterfest on the technical side.
>>
>he bought the game instead of watching nier: the movie on YouTube
>>
Protips:
Find and use the side quest guide (the fact this is necessary to note should tell you what you're in for)
Get any and every weapon when you come across it
The initial fishing quest is fucked if memory serves, where the map tells you to fish is not where you'll find the necessary catch
Get prepared for lousy graphics, a whole lot of gameplay conventions with none of them done well, a story which can either be seen as enjoyable or more Yoko Taro doom and gloom bullshit, and one great soundtrack.
Also, fuck subdued necklaces and eagle eggs.
>>
>>386861734
I dod. As britfag, cex sells used for 22£. Amazon sells new for 22.99£
>>386861484
cant read moonrunes sadly
>>386863140
Gotta finish persona 5 for now, but saved tips. i am usedto ps3 shit graphics, I recently got it so i ak playing through all kinds of old games
>>
>>386862923
The game makes much more sense with him as a father figure. Also what other games that predate Nier follow the father trying to save his daughter? All I can think of is TLOU and DR2 which both came out after.

>>386862894
>calling someone a manlet because he doesn't want to be the little boy that gets fucked in the butt
>>
>>386863374
INSECURE
>>
>>386863465
But seriously, the real reason I stand firmly on the Papa Nier side of things is because a good father would do everything in his power to save his daughter. A brother's bond with his sister is not quite as passionate.
>>
>>386863374
>He doesn't realize that 6”2' and beyond Chads all buttfuck one another because they've all plowed every woman on the planet.
You'd know this if you were tall enough to catch what's going on. Unfunny faggotry aside, I still find it really neat that Squeenix was compelled to cater the main character to each specific audience. May not have worked for them what with the game's sales, but it's still interesting to have seen them do it in the first place.
>>
>>386863374
>The game makes much more sense with him as a father figure
>middle aged dude with a daughter appears to fall for Kaine
>those scenes with a burly middle-aged man with a young, dying daughter to care for screaming at an unconscious young woman about how they became friends and she can't die because of it
>those scenes near the end before the Shadowlord with 0 chemistry
>the actual ending choice to about a father with a sick daughter ending his life to save some young chick he met along the way
>old guy becoming friends with a kid
Nah, not really. Papa Nier works well enough but it's pretty clear the story wasn't written for him in the first place, the relationships he has with the cast don't match as well as they do with bro Nier.
>>
>>386860784
At least 80% of the side quests are good.
>>
>>386860617
I played it fairly recently. I thought the gameplay wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be, but the story and characters weren't nearly as amazing as they're made out to be either. It's still pretty good though, all things considered. I preferred Automata.
>>
>>386864094
>beginning and ending scenes of the game
>making sense for brother and sister
Nier doesn't give a shit about Kaine or Emil for a good chunk of the game regardless of version. He slowly gets distracted as he becomes attached, just like Kaine and Weiss. The ending choice makes sense because he actually gets to save someone after losing his daughter + dooming the entire fucking planet
>>
>>386860617
I'm going to be frank with you, OP.

"Nier is good" is an inside joke, a little piece of board culture that you missed somewhere. Think of it like Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy Online patchnotes, or fingerboxes, or posting "go back to /r/eddit" whenever someone mentions Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. It's for laughs, no one actually seriously enjoys this. You literally fell for the bait on this one. Please return it soon.
>>
>>386864094
Here's a breakdown of motivations and why both characters actually do work. I agree some scenes weren't quite changed enough to 100% work better with the dad, but the core motivation within the story works best with the paternal instinct driving it.

https://pastebin.com/MJT2NH5f
>>
>>386864313
None of the sidequests are good in terms of doing something interesting gameplay-wise or even just getting to explore an interesting region or something. There are a few of them which are good in terms of story, but definitely not anywhere close to 80%. There's what, the lighthouse lady chain, that one about the old dude and his dog, the one where Popola and Devola sing and I actually can't remember any other good ones. The majority are farming shit, fishing shit or grinding shit for drops.

>>386864551
>Nier doesn't give a shit about Kaine or Emil for a good chunk of the game regardless of version
This is completely beside the point, what matters is how he relates to them once he does start caring, which is completely unlike how a middle-aged father would relate to a kid and a young woman, but it IS exactly like how a young man would relate to a kid and to a young woman. The relationship with Weiss works just as well for both though.
>makes sense because he actually gets to save someone after losing his daughter + dooming the entire fucking planet
Pretty sure Taro himself said he preferred bro Nier because it was unreasonable for a father to sacrifice himself, as he has a duty to his daughter, but I'm not going to try to dig up some old-ass interview now.
>>
>>386864551
He doesn't save her because he wanted some kind of redemption, he simply fell for her and it looks way more organic for brother Nier.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.