[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debate me fags.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1502428113837.png (69KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1502428113837.png
69KB, 720x1280px
Debate me fags.
>>
>>386853408
Nothing wrong with kickstarter. Your just a poorfag that can't afford anything kek.
>>
>>386853408
Lol poorfag that is unable to donate money for good games that will bloe the fuck out of other triple a shit games
>>
>>386853408
kill yourself.
>>
File: asiangoddesses.jpg (189KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
asiangoddesses.jpg
189KB, 1080x1350px
The only thing that should happen to Kickstarter is that when you click donate a popup comes up that says "Buyer Beware" and then a button "ok"

If you don't have money to be an investor don't invest.
>>
File: IMG_11092013_144803.png (100KB, 288x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_11092013_144803.png
100KB, 288x250px
>REEE STOP LETTING PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT EVERYTHING MUST BE CONTROLLED

You work for the government dont you?
>>
>>386854541
looks good from the neck down
the opposite of kickstarter
>>
>>386853408
I think that Kickstarter is a dead platform for video games. It's moved from a thing where you could fund something that would never happen into a way for developers to raise funds and check interest before even starting serious work at the game. I believe Kickstarter doesn't work for video games because video games are very complex and they ultimately will always be different than what is promised, either because the developers or the audience didn't really understand what was being made. Kickstarter works for things like silly gadgets or campaigns for shirts that wouldn't normally happen without widespread support.

There's also widespread consumer distrust in the system after many many failures that have come out of it and so even less new games are being funded while more fundraising campaigns by established developers are being funded.
>>
No. Let people gamble in peace.

>>386854975
Counter-point: Pillars of Eternity was made thanks to kickstarter and it's great.
>>
>>386853408
I agree with you. It's only a way to scam people. Same with steam greenlight and EA
>>
>>386854541
>kickstarter
>invest

it has all the nuances of investing with NONE of the benefits
>>
>>386853408
Kickstarter works fine as-is, you just have to be capable of filtering out the bullshit and aware that your contribution doesn't mean you're owed anything, it's just to make someone's idea possible. It's a donation.
>>
>>386855460
what about the part where yiu get the game and/or extras at lower price?
>>
>>386853408
There isn't a reason to

>but muh game quality
Who the fuck is going to enforce this anyway? The government? There's more important shit to worry about.
>>
I would donate $1,000 to a kickstarter for killing phoneposters.
>>
>>386855460
It's still investing. Just because it's a bad investment doesn't change that
>>
>>386853408
Failed kickstarters need to be held accountable and money needs to be returned. If you get $100,000 to make your dream game and blow it all on liquor and hookers then you should be on the hook to pay back your investors and if you don't it should be treated as fraud. Enjoy your felony charges and ruined credit.
>>
File: dfs.png (8KB, 726x144px) Image search: [Google]
dfs.png
8KB, 726x144px
>>386853408
>>
>>386853408
what about patreon?
>>
>>386855992
This is as stupid as suing the stock exchange because your retirement savings went down during the recession. Investment can be inherently risky. If you got fooled by some retard spending your money the wrong way, that is your fault for putting the money up to begin with.
>>
>>386855768
This.
>>
>>386856431
That analogy is wrong. It's more like trusting your money to an investor that claims he will invest it and get you a positive net return. Each statement you see that your money is increasing however when you eventually go to pull out some money the investor suddenly stops answering your calls and you can't seem to get a hold of him or your money. Then you find out he was arrested for defrauding dozens of other investors out of millions of dollars that he lavishly spent on himself. There is no money left.

That is kickstarter. They claim they will give you a product then take your money and waste it. You get no product.

Now if a kickstarter is funded and the game/product is made but it doesn't live up to your expectations and all the claims the dev made, that's more equitable to your analogy. In that case you actually got a product. It's a risky investment because you can never be sure you're getting exactly what you want but at least you got something. Not getting anything and just taking the money and running is blatantly fraud.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.