[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>m-muh strategic slow combat Nigga every monster is literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

>m-muh strategic slow combat
Nigga every monster is literally a flowchart
>>
>Got BTFO in another thread
>Make a new one
lmao
>>
Every game is a flow chart if you want to shitpost hard enough, eat shit.
>>
>>386853245
>Gen
>Slow
Huh
>>
>>386853328
This at least have the decency to address my post >>386852660 instead of running off like a faggot OP. But I guess if you have no actual argument and are just a mad soulsfag venting there's not much you can say that won't sound retarded.
>>
File: 1480399980977.png (185KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1480399980977.png
185KB, 600x602px
>OP ran away from this thread too
kek
>>
I want to like this series but I can't, as long as this exist my favorite Capcom franchise will never have a spot in the line-up

Even Monhun's creator has my opinion which is ironic
>>
File: 1488256807767.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488256807767.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
>>386856503
Don't say it's Lost Planet, because I'm pretty sure they killed it already. And fuck them for that, Lost Planet 2 was such a fun game.
>>
>>386856782

I say Dino Crisis, I know it was dead even before MonHun was created but still, why would Capcom revive it if they already have a dinosaur franchise?

I could even tolerate a survival horror MonHun game that has Dino Crisis as subtitle
>>
>>386856913
Jesus how did I not think about Dino Crisis. Man so many good Japanese IPs from before have died and the publishers don't even seem to care anymore. Hell in Capcom's case I think they might even be actively working towards it. What's even worse is that they're not even replacing them with new IPs, the number of active series that publishers like Capcom, Konami and the like seem to be decreasing. MH only still survives by virtue of being Japan's COD, and who knows what will happen now with World coming out on consoles instead of handheld. What a sad state of affairs.
>>
A friend and I got this as our first MH since it’s the only one we could find in stock retail. (We wanted it for the weekend)
Is this a good one for newcomers?
>>
Reminder that this series has been downhill for the past 5 games and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.
>>
>everyone praises MH4U
>it's fucking dogshit
I didn't grow into the series with FU, but I will admit that it and Generations are the most arcade-feeling entries in the series. They're definitely distinct and special. 4U's insistence on having a narrative, while novel for the series, is really cumbersome. Starting a new file is a pain in the ass, and the game definitely has a different tone to it--one I find unwelcome.
>>
>>386853245
>call it a flowchart
>majority of people still have trouble beating it
the issue with the flowchart argument is that monster abilities/moves are not always exactly what you expect it to be.

>monster howls
>you know a double tail swipe is coming
>dodge both
>think you have a free shot and step in
>monster decides to throw another two tail swipes because fuck it
>trips you
>monster tramples and carts
moves can be random, or they can be thrown at you in an exact order.
>>
>>386858189
It's a bad game and the gimmick of multiple hubs is really tedious and boring after the first go at them.
>>
>>386858321
And the hubs are terribly designed. Everything's far too spread out in some.
>>
>>386858416
Pretty much. People just like it cause it's their first MH game.

Of the more modern MH games I like 3U the most, you fight monsters more than you spend time with gimmicks in the newer ones, even if underwater can be painful.
>>
>>386857816
It's an anniversary spinoff game with lots of weird mechanics, 4U or 3U is a much better entry into the series
>>
>>386858752
3U is a step up. Especially since it got rid of the Gen-1 cancer that plagues 4U.
>>
>>386853245
The appeal of this series is lost on me. It looks like the most tedious, unresponsive shit.
>>
They should just make a MonHun game with DMClike combat so that annoying fucks can flock to those instead.
>>
>>386859829
It's called God Eater, and it's predicably terrible
>>
>>386859829
It's called God Eater, and it's unpredictably good.
>>
>>386859829
It's called God Eater, and it's surprisingly average
>>
What is the best MH for 3DS? Particularly for a first time.
>>
>>386860674
3U. If anybody says 4U, they're wrong.
>>
>>386860674
XX. If anybody says 3U, they're wrong.
>>
Why kind of faggot plays the game as a flowchart?

Just fight it how you want. You don't have to be doing the perfect move at the perfect time every time. MAYBE at the highest level hardest monsters. Otherwise just do whatever you want.
>>
>>386860754
4U is still pretty fuckin' good, though.
I force myself to enjoy Generations, I'm looking forward to MHW.
>>
>>386860674
3U you've got dogshit underwater battles. 4U you've got dogshit maps full of ledges. Generations you've got dogshit deviant grinding. Pick your poison. Emulate p3rd on pc
>>
>>386860946
I really miss expeditions. I hope something similar in the new MH. I liked preparing for monster gauntlets and not knowing what you were going to encounter.
>>
>>386860936
>4U
>the game with both Gravios and Basarios in it
>and frenzy
>and Apex
>introduced the terrible ledges
>forced mounting if you want to attack from the air
>monsters are comparably faster than in prior entries but some weapons didn't getting the necessary adjustments to compensate or you have to rely on very, very tight openings to get some hits in
At least Hunter Arts were mediocre supplements for some of the balancing issues.
>>
>>386861372
The only legit flaw here is Gravios and Basarios
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.