[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blizzard vs Valve, which video game company do YOU support more /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 18j0rxgjoncwejpg.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
18j0rxgjoncwejpg.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
Blizzard vs Valve, which video game company do YOU support more /v/?
>>
>>386849012
both are shit
valve became shit relatively recently
blizzard was shit for over a decade
pick your poison
>>
Valve is better for consumers than Activision Blizzard.
>>
>blizzard
>get games that ruin genres for all those to come
>valve
>get no games
>>
File: badcivilization.png (163KB, 486x557px) Image search: [Google]
badcivilization.png
163KB, 486x557px
Valve. Steam is convenient, and while the gacha they learned from TF2 is there as cards and shit, it's entirely optional.
>>
A year ago I would've said Blizzard.

But seeing how they have handled Overwatch, I honestly can't decide who is the worse company.

Both are equally as shitty I guess.

If it's down to who makes better games though, Valve is better. They just don't fucking make anything anymore though. And no that shitstain Artifact doesn't count.
>>
BLIZZARD IS KEKING ITSELF
SUPPORT VALVE AND ARTIFACT TO KILL BLIZZARD AND HEARTHSTONE
THIS HAS TO BE A /V/-WIDE EFFORT SO SPREAD THE WORD
>>
Valve any day, Blizzard has gone to shit since Starcraft 2
>>
Valve over any company desu.
>>
>>386850025
Honestly this.

I think we can Kill blizzard.

They already lost Dota to Valve, they can't even re-gain it with heroes of the microtrans.

WoW is dying.

If Hearthstone dies to Artifact I think kotick might finally off himself and we get a warcraft 4 with no micro transactions.
>>
>>386850682
Also PoE seems to have nutted in diablo 3.
>>
>>386849012
as much as I hate both, I'd pick Valve over Blizzard.
>>
>>386850682
>WoW is dying.
Pls stop this meme, there are enough retards for a decade who wants to pay for this shit instead of trying another MMO.
>>
>which video game company do YOU support more /v/
Valve by a mile, and I hate everything about them. Blizzard tried becoming Steam 2.0 with their always online loader, but every other company wanted nothing to do with Activision. Smart choice.
>>
Valve used to be good and is now laughably mediocre
Blizzard has always made cancerous games

>>386850682
>If Hearthstone dies to Artifact
will never ever happen
Valve might just cancel the fucking game
>>
>>386851456
>WoW not dying
They swore up and down there was nothing wrong with MoP. Halfway through the expansion they changed as much as they could. During Warlords of Draenor, they denied anything was wrong, they had to add a daily hub just to get back some of the users. With Legion they said nothing is wrong, made no changes, and even I eventually quit.
>>
>>386849012
Valve of course.
>>
>>386849012
Blizzard, since valve doesn't make video games anymore and are fucking cunts for trying to sell mods and taking a cut for doing nothing.
>>
File: 1496941001049.jpg (42KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1496941001049.jpg
42KB, 500x376px
>>386851890
maybe is dead for you, but not for the people who are ready to keep throwing money to that dead horse because muh worcroft lore.

Don't underestimate them anon, I always read the same reasons for the dead of WoW and there it is.
>>
>>386849012
Used to support both. Only support Valve now.
>>
>tf2
>spend months to unlock all 126 weapons
>even longer if you don't want to use valves 2 factor to allow you to realisticly trade
>can't even play competitive because it takes longer to find a match than to unlock all the weapons
>used to be pay to play, but went free to play on a whim to get the shekels and let shitters in.
>hasn't had major update in 1 year
>hasn't recieved new items in 2.5 years
>not even getting new holiday events anymore

>Overwatch
>spend no time unlocking anything because every gameplay effecting item is available at the start
>competitive takes seconds to find a match and people actually take it seriously
>has always cost $20, not too expensive, but just enough to keep out the kids and BRs that plague tf2
>gets patches weekly
>recieved a new character just 2 weeks ago
>unique holiday events galore

hmmm, that's a tough one
>>
>>386849120
Ugh, no, if you're a third worlder and care about 3 cent crates maybe.
>>
>>386849012
Valve and always Valve.
>>
>>386852983
>tf2
>actually has good gameplay, classes have lots of depth and variety with different weapons you can use. Maps are well designed with many ways you can traverse them to your objective
>overwatch
>gameplay is generic and stagnant, heroes are both bland and not well balanced, maps are just linear and filled with chokepoints with no thought put into them.
What a tough one.
>>
>>386849012

blizzard still makes games.
>>
>>386852983
>just enough to keep out the kids and BRs that plague tf2
Plenty of Latin Americans and Brazilians play OW, what Blizzard does right is region locking them. LoL does it as well. I'm not sure why Valve lets them pick where they want to play
>>
>>386849075
>>
>>386852983
>>gets patches weekly

Thats a flat out lie, they need like half a year to balance blatantly retarded things.
And then they completely overdo it and break the character.

Blizzard cant balance for shit in any of their games though.
>>
>>386853639
>maps are just linear and filled with chokepoints
dustbowl
>heroes are both bland and not well balanced
overwatch has 12 meta heroes, tf2 has 4 meta classes including medic
>>
>>386849012
I hate to say it but valve is better because no games is better than shit games. Valves games are for the most part all good so I cant hate em even though they suck monkey dicks now. all that money and some of it cant be used to make sweet video games
>>
I don't support Blizzard anymore. I think their marketing strategy of making casual games and trying to make them look competitive for esport bucks is disgusting.

I know I'm supposed to hate Valve because they haven't made games since Portal 2 and L4D2 and how all we've seen in the past few years is cosmetic items in CSGO and TF2, but I think they're making games, doing some "nine years in development" type stuff like they did with TF2. I don't know, Valve gets a pass because I like their games.
>>
>>386849012
I'm alright with both of them. They've provided me with tons of fun. One has made PC gaming a whole easier for me though.
>>
>>386850025
or we could do that to valve and force them to go nuclear the blue box
>>
>>386853936
>dustbowl
And every single overwatch map is like dustbowl but even worse.
>12 meta heroes
Overwatch has 8 meta heroes, 5% pick rate is not meta. That would still make TF2 superior since a larger percentage of it's characters are balanced compared to overwatch.
>>
>>386853841
That's only in community servers. Casual has matchmaking and so did QP.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.