[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which map is worse, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Dustbowl sec1 600.jpg (158KB, 1228x342px) Image search: [Google]
Dustbowl sec1 600.jpg
158KB, 1228x342px
Which map is worse, /v/?
>>
I've managed to at least have SOME fun on Dustbowl.
>>
Hanamura, not even a contest.
>>
>can remember every nook and crany in dustbowl since they are actually used
>hanamura is just a straight rush to the point and everyone killing themselves
>>
Dustbowl is the worse map but it gets carried by being in the better game.
>>
>>386847537
Remove 2cp.
>>
>>386847537
dustbowl is a classic map. Its one of my favorite TF2 maps but i dont really remember much of hanamura too well
>>
Hanamura double bottleneck bullshit level
>>
i don't think anyone has ever enjoyed hanamura
>>
Can't think of any overwatch maps I actually enjoy, definitely had some favourites in tf2
>>
Hanamura is such a good map, why do you hate it ?
Worst is definitely Dorado
>>
>>386847827
2cp is the only ok mode outside of koth.
>>
neither is at all fun, but at least hanamura has more than one color in its palette
>>
>>386847537
Volskaya
>>
Why is gravelpit so unpopular?
>>
>>386848726
Because it's not linear enough.
>>
Despite /v/'s shitposting about 24/7 Dustbowl, it is actually well-designed if you're not playing on some 16 vs 16 instarespawn purgatory.

Hanamura is legitimately terrible, and only stands out because so many Overwatch maps are bad.
>>
>>386847537
Wouldn't know, both feel designed by monkeys with down syndrome.
>>
File: 1502298245614s.jpg (7KB, 217x222px) Image search: [Google]
1502298245614s.jpg
7KB, 217x222px
>wheres 2fort or turbine?
>>
File: 1502336788416.gif (186KB, 678x422px) Image search: [Google]
1502336788416.gif
186KB, 678x422px
Volskaya Industries
>>
>>386847537
Hanamura

I've seen servers that make dustbowl fun by having a competent blu team with a lot of medics
>>
>dustbowl
>bad
>>
>>386851683
in the trash where they belong. can't wait for valve to stop """supporting""" tf2 so shitters will be forced to play on community servers again.
>>
Overwatch maps are worse, every single one.
>>
File: 1493257898250.png (180KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
1493257898250.png
180KB, 500x405px
>>386851683
>turns out, Turbine was created by a pair of br monkeys

Now you know why is the worse map in the game
>>
>>386847537
Hanamura is inherently the worst map because of how its 3 lane structure is represented.

In team based games like TF2, you need to have more than 1 entrance into the next zone to prevent chokepoints from being formed. Now there's nothing wrong with a chokepoint if you can get around it, but Hanamura is built around two choke points, and only one of them is accessible by other means, although the second point requires you to do some ass backwards stuff to get around it, and even then your team will never use it due to how much time is required to go around, so two teams that enter both sides of the temple itself will rarely meet.

To add to this, cutting off any team that goes for the right upper side to overlook the second point can easily be cut off due to the easily accessable stairs that lead straight from the spawn room, and the second set of stairs is a massive chokepoint hallway in itself.

Dustbowl presents more than 5 ways to exit the wall between zone 1 (Big-ass building) to zone 2 (Bunch of smaller buildings and enemy spawn), and the second cap features a similar route to Hanamura, only it's made better for the attacking team as you cannot cut people off inside the tunnels without going around the 1 way door.

Dustbowl also has 2 other parts of the map, leaving a 3 part upwards battle that starts here. Hanamura only has 2 caps, and only 1 zone.
>>
>>386847537
Hanamura.
Dustbowl also has the advantage of being a 3 stage a/d map.
>>
>hanamura
>bad
>dustbowl
>bad
Lmao maybe if you're bad
Superior players like me enjoy those maps
>>
Hanamura and it'll never change because it's Kaplan's favorite map that he also roleplays on.
>>
>>386847537
absolutely nothing wrong with dustbowl, okay?
>>
>>386851683
2Fort is a staple of the Franchise, It pretty much had to exist.
Turbine has no reason to exist, much less be an official map.
>>
Both maps are bad but at least I got some enjoyment out of Hanamura because of Lucio's wallride.
>Attack Widowmaker trying to pick off people through the windows.
>Ride around the outside of the gap to triple headshot her and punch for the kill before the other team even notices I'm there.
>>
File: 1496271802822.jpg (240KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496271802822.jpg
240KB, 800x600px
>>386847537
Hanamurah is infinitely more awful for two reasons.

>You need a good Widow, tank or dps if you're on attack to have a chance of capturing the first point
>Point B always becomes a giant clusterfuck unless you're one of those cheeky fucks that goes for the cap right after point A gets taken
>>
>>386853438
>>>You need a good Widow, tank or dps
you always need a good tank and dps though, can't attack with only supports
>>
What's wrong with suijin you fucking faggot?
>>
>>386847537
All of Overwatch's "maps" are a fucking nightmare. They're more linear than a Skyrim dungeon, every one of them is nothing but chokepoint to chokepoint.
>>
Hanamura is easy to defend with turrets or on attack with a team competent enough to get past the first choke
>>
File: 1425058259180.jpg (36KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
1425058259180.jpg
36KB, 600x452px
valve needs to redesign tc_hydro to work with a single KOTH control point in each round rather than control points. territory control would work as a mode if they used king of the hill with it because it forces both teams to play aggressively whereas tc_hydro makes both teams want to play defensively, thus stalemates[
>>
>>386853558
You're right.
But tell me, Anon.
How many times have you been matched up with a retarded Widow, a Hanzo that can't get any kills, or a Genji that likes to try to 1v6 the entire enemy team?
>>
>>386854528
That is a problem with Overwatch's matchmaking/community, not the map Hanamura.
>>
>>386847537

literally any map in TF2 is infinitedly more fun than any single map from Overwatch.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.