[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does it have franchise potential? They seem to have set up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 27

So does it have franchise potential?
They seem to have set up enough worldbuilding to make several games (each of the GAIA subsystems, Eleuthia facilities across the globe, Elysium and Thebes).

What improvements would they have to make to have a similar jump like between AC1 and AC2?
>>
>>386843796

They would really need to improve the writing. I played the game, but the writing was really fucking bad and oddly sexist.
>>
>>386843910
I thought most of the main quest stuff and the past world entries and recordings were rpetty good, with a very noticeable drop in writing quality on the side quests.
>>
It sold a bajillion copies so of course there will be a sequel.
More weapons that aren't a spear would be nice.
>>
>>386844248
This. Vast expansion of melee combat.

I just used handling and damage/tear+ modified hunting bow and spamming it on weak points, kills everything in seconds, barely ever used the spear.
>>
>>386843796
>So does it have franchise potential?
Maybe, it's going to need more playable characters and will need to become a real RPG.

If the big bad was a result of two large machines gaining enough sentience to control everything, you would need a lot more than just Aloy to take them down.
>>
>>386844046

The side quests in general need a major overhaul. I only like my boy Nil, Petra's sidequest and that one about the slaver captain. The one with the heir was hilarious with how ineffectual he was, making it passable along with the escapees from prison.

The rest ranged from meh to bad. The one about the girl who was in love with the shadow carja fella was probably the dumbest of all.
>>
The main draw of the plot was finding out what had happened in the past and what the ruins were, etc. That's all been pretty much wrapped up, so the new game would have to have its own mysteries or more expanded present-day plotlines. They definitely have a good setup with the "Forbidden West" idea. A shitload more robots we haven't seen yet, and a good locale for exploring.

>>386844248
>More weapons that aren't a spear would be nice.

Absolutely this. I know the focus was on the bow, but fighting the human enemies would be a lot more fun if the melee system was rehauled.
>>
File: 1484204988339.png (165KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1484204988339.png
165KB, 327x316px
>Resh: “The tribe I served is gone, and soon I will be too”.
>Aloy: “The nora have lost too many Resh, but in your case I guess they could lose one more”

Aloy is a fucking lowkey savage holy shit
>>
>>386844624
Did the game ever explain how the Carja and Meridian ended up as Neo-Inca's?

I found a recording in the first ruin about a woman who'd always wanted to go to Machu Picchu.
>>
>>386843796
Aquatic dinorobots!
>>
You guys realize that there's DLC and it will be released at the end of the year?

No, it's not the Forbidden West. It's some fucking frozen bumfuck shit at the north
>>
Nah. It was a mediocre open world game released at a time where the genre has been redefined by Breath of the Wild.

All Horizon ever REALLY had going for it was OMG HUNTING ROBOT DINOSAURS and now that that's over and done with... it really has nothing going for it, in the worst possible sense.
>>
They have the worldbuilding down. Now they have to do something with it.

Stories from different parts of the world with differing player characters and how each location adapted to the new world would be absolutely perfect to A) keep things fresh and offer new enemies/settings and B) satisfy any progressive quotas they may feel they need to meet.
>>
Can't wait to see /v/ face when Horizon beat Zelda for GOTY
>>
>>386844848
They gotta save that for the sequel
>>
>>386844756
is that the suicide guy?
everytime i see a webm of this games dialog it seems like everyone is just staring off into space directly infront of them, like they are in 'pilot mode' or 't-pose'

also that robotic as fuck turning
>>
>>386843796
No, it is made by $ony so it will end up like everything they touch.

This is the same company that made Pixels and the Ghostbuster reboot.

Don't believe their corporate lies.
>>
>>386844848
For those of us that explored everything, climbing those mountains, without bonfires, was just an everyday event.
>>
>>386844848

Yeah, they're expanding the Banuk. I think OP is talking more in terms of a full-fledged sequel.

>>386844898

I think the absolute best case scenario would be them showing various places in the world and having different protagonists every game.

However, that wouldn't be economically viable. Since audiences like to latch on to a mascot. So what remains is to do what you're saying and make these cultures interesting. In that case, they need to strongly up their side quest game. You need an honest to god story for each quest chain at least.
>>
>>386844797
>Did the game ever explain how the Carja and Meridian ended up as Neo-Inca's?
Different regions spontaneously developed different cultures, there's nothing necessarily required to explain. You're basically asking of we ever explained why the incas ended up the way they are.
>>
>>386844864
>Breath of the Wild
>redefined open world

Lol, no.
Granted, adding puzzles and a well-crafted physics system is respectable, but BotW isn't going to start any new trends, and in many areas it is wholly indebted to and aping open-world games that came before it. It was simply Nintendo's attempt to eat a slice of the popualr open-world cake.

Horizon didn't do anything new either beside having modular enemies with weak points you can shoot off, but they can expand enough on new robots and the setting to make it a franchise.
>>
>>386845094
That black dude? Everything about that quest was bugged to all hell. I killed everyone in the building, and he still failed to spawn, until I jumped off the side of the roof. Then he spawned. You don't die very often in that game, but sometimes, it's required to fix everything.
>>
>>386845210
>modular enemies
Are you talking about how the enemies changed and got stronger if you killed enough of them? This was vastly underutilized to the point most people didn't even know it was a thing. If they did a sequel it should definitely have more stages to the evolution and become a lot harder.
>>
Normies praise it because it has robot dinosaurs and a female protagonist so it has least gas for two more games I would wager.

The game itself is shit though senpai. I played through most of it and it never escalates in excitement.

You just fight the same set of robots and humans until the end when they try to do some huge epic battle but fail miserably because there's only like four other guys fighting with you and you just doing the same shitty rolls over and over again.
>>
>>386845172
Yeah but the other tribes are more...generic i guess, in comaprison.

We've got a tribe of woodland hunter-gatherers, a tribe of metalworkers, a tribe of mountain shaman, but the Carja are just full on Inca with no subtlety. Sun worship, architecture, living on a mesa, feather adornments.
>>
File: 1500692351738.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500692351738.png
4KB, 225x225px
What's the new machine(s) in The Frozen Wilds?
>>
>>386845554
No, he meant modular as in they had modules you could shoot off to get components and temporary weapons. What you describe isn't a think in the game outside of as a lore component. It happens over generations story-wise, it doesn't happen with gameplay.
>>
I still haven't finished it yet. I'm at the carja city but I can't be arsed to continue because I feel the game will be more of the same. I prefer avoiding combat in RPGs when I can but in H:ZD if you do that you just end running from quest marker to quest marker because there is nothing to do besides combat.
>>
>>386843796
the game answered literally everything in the first game in great detail, I don't see how much they can extract for a new story
>>
>>386845625
>Yeah but the other tribes are more...generic i guess, in comaprison.
Subjective.

>We've got a tribe of woodland hunter-gatherers, a tribe of metalworkers, a tribe of mountain shaman, but the Carja are just full on Inca with no subtlety. Sun worship, architecture, living on a mesa, feather adornments.

I mean, they're the token desert culture, in an environment where all you have is the sun, you'll worship the sun.

You're also being super reductionist on other tribes. The Nora are basically Celts. Banuk are the Norse, Carja are aztec, Oseram are Bretons, Tenakth are Mayans, Utaru are Native Americans.

Every tribe has its own set of definit features, Carja just stick out the most to you because they're focus of this particular chapter.
>>
>>386843796

Yeah, it has potential, but it needs to let go of the idea that there needs to be a trillion possible things a player might want to do. Instead, it should improve its story, dialogue and AI; and massively improve the underlying ecological simulation. Improve upon the crafting system a bit more, and remove the map saturation of icons, points of interest, etc.

Instead, give all that over to the player, where they can go in and place down markers for points of interest and make the UI and map system as absolutely minimal as possible.

Finally, add in a complex weather and geological system that can have consequence. Where windstorms might affect settlements that kill off some degree of the village/town population, which affects the underlying economy, which increases demand for XYZ goods, which generates orders for GHD supplies, which creates quests that go out to quest boards with rewards associated with it. If the player comes across them, they can pick them up, hunt, and bring back loot; introduce those resources in the market--and said resources can make or break an expansion in the village/town, etc.

Same with snow storms, volcanic eruptions, floods, droughts, etc. Equally having the fauna/flora react accordingly to these weather/geological changes.

Over the course of the next two games or more (depending on the life of this franchise; and frankly, I think they could keep it going, given that they have the entire planet instead of just a land mass the size of texas with varying biomes to play with), they need to focus on streamlining of story content and going all in on the underlying simulation that's dynamic and has persistence.

The game doesn't have multiplayer, so players SHOULD be able to enact changes to the world in significant ways.
>>
>>386846075
They can extract some DOLLA DOLLA BILL$ amirite lads?!?
>>
>>386844558
>my boy Nil
Excellent taste, anon.
>>
File: lenny.jpg (22KB, 395x346px) Image search: [Google]
lenny.jpg
22KB, 395x346px
>1/2
Here's what they need to address in the sequel:

>Better writing
Because let's be real the vast majority of writing, especially from the side characters and NPC's is fucking awful. I don't remember Killzone games having this much shit writing and dialogue in it.

>Climbing function
I hate spastic-ally pushing the X button as a means to makeshift climb certain geometry in the game. I mean early on we see Aloy and Rost in a training montage during a span of several years, displaying her ability to climb up terrain no problem. But in game, they give you this early Ubisoft climbing bullshit we're you're relegated only to obvious, yellow interactive sign posts. They dropped the ball HARD with the lack of a climb button.

>Fix the shooting
Kinda baffles me how a company whose primarily done nothing but shooters couldn't get the bow and arrow combat done right. Maybe it's the AI, but I feel like it's never satisfying to kill these huge machines with just a shard tip on a piece of wood. The control feels off, and I find myself always cheesing the fights exclusively with my concentration upgrades every single time. Arrows need more weight to them for me to believe I'm doing any damage, or at least the sound effects need to be changed. A nitpick I know, but that brings me to my next compliant.

>SFX
I think the sound effects and sound mixing are pretty bad. When I'm not scratching my head watching character talk with a two second delay in the facial animations, I'm thinking how bad the sound effects are when interacting with simple objects like picking up your traps and placing them on the ground. Every time I pick up a blast trap, I can't help but think light saber every other time. Certain sounds just needed a little more tweaking,like background noise and music during some conversations.

>Voice acting
It's bad. But not always. I remember listening to a podcast where the two men shrugged off the mediocre voice acting.
>>
We don't know what caused Hades to activate 19 years ago, although that'll be probably be answered in the DLC.

Then there's GAIA's other subsystems which have gone and fucked off all doing their own thing.

Also other tribes arising from other Cradle facilities on other continents.

Hell, they could even reveal that Odysseus actually did survive and make a spinoff set on a colony planet.
>>
>>386843796
despite having a pretty cool premise for a setting, it still managed to be just as boring as every other western developed game, not memorable in the slightest.
>>
>>386846212
>Yeah, it has potential, but it needs to let go of the idea that there needs to be a trillion possible things a player might want to do.

The fuck are you talking about? There were 4 points to unlock the map data. A dozen-ish side-missions. and 5 trials. And a fairly small number of collectibles compared to other games in the genre. Of all those just the main story was mandatory and everything else was optional.

If anything there wasn't enough to do considering how big the map was, and a lot of components and items didn't even have a purpose, like a lot of hearts/lenses from the toughest beasts, they were literally just drops to show that you killed it and nothing else.

There was an entire region of the map you didn't even have to go to for any reason outside of just exploring it if you felt like it.
>>
>>386844558

Characters make the sidequests. Nil was a fantastic character although his sidequests were boring as fuck human bandit camp raids, easily the worst gameplay portions of the game.
>>
File: 1498084626507.jpg (55KB, 613x335px) Image search: [Google]
1498084626507.jpg
55KB, 613x335px
>>386846212
>remove the map saturation of icons, points of interest, etc.
THIS. the map in H:ZD feels way to video gamey. Literally every single thing you come across is put on the map whether it makes sense or not. The world map in Skyrim was better because it only marked locations that a cartoghapher or explorer might have interest in like towns and ruins.

Bonfires, hunting grounds, quests, and everything else just make hard to tell where the fuck you are.
>>
Yeah, those of you who think the game was a financial success need to pull your heads out of your ass. The game needed to sell, at least, eight million copies to break even. More to be considered a true success.

Sony had one goal with this game. To create a Zelda killer, and they failed.
>>
>>386846617
>It is now a legitimate complaint that videogames feel like videogames.

Neo-/v/, everyone.
>>
>>386846657

Zelda needed to sell 20m to break even.
>>
>>386846325
>It's bad. But not always. I remember listening to a podcast where the two men shrugged off the mediocre voice acting.

It's not the greatest but there has certainly been worse voice acting in games. I'd rather fix some other issues first.
>>
>>386846682
Fuck off retard. My complaint is that it ruins immersion because you can't study the map
>>
>>386846617
>Bonfires, hunting grounds, quests, and everything else just make hard to tell where the fuck you are.

Thats why an option to switch on/off shit on your map exist, you dingus
>>
File: sawtooths oops.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sawtooths oops.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>386844406
It's indeed weak, but using the spear IS pretty fun, though. If you hit them in the ass in the middle of their whiffed attack you will knock them over half the time even on UH. Then you can heavy attack them 1 or 2 times while on the ground and hit them with a crit before they get up. Also you can get a little elevation above them and jump over top of them to do a strike-from-above attack. If you do it skillfully you look like some kind of super Amazon warrior like Xena or something.

You just have to dodge a lot. It looks like you are tumbling perfectly between their trampling legs and counterattacking. I love mixing slides, light attacks and trip wires in with the action too
>>
>>386846970
>It ruins immersion that my magical 3D top down GPS map has icons on it.

Neo-/v/, everyone.
>>
>>386843796
Sony doesn't actually care about making money on their games. Horizon barely broke even, so sure for Sony's standards that's good enough for a sequel.
>>
>>386846682

No, the complaint is that there's too much shit happening on screen and on your map. You have this massively open world, and you automatically know where every little fucking thing is; and everything is always vying for your attention.

It ruins the idea of exploration, where you can decide what is interesting; and instead the game tells you what is interesting.
>>
>>386847141
>Waaa why why do maps have information!?!?!?!?

Neo-/v/, everyone.
>>
>>386846657
>Sony had one goal with this game. To create a Zelda killer, and they failed.

You're an idiot, people who want to play Zelda will buy it. There is nothing stopping anybody from buying both because it isn't 1998 anymore and anybody who likes Zelda is probably old enough to own more than one console if they choose.
>>
>>386847141
turn off the compass on your HUD then and disable the icons on your map

problem solved
>>
>>386847042

I like UH and all but fuck the prices, 60 shards for a single blaze cannister? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. I'm forced to override most stuff just so they kill each other since I'd run out of materials to make ammo if I took them all on myself.
>>
>>386846760
How can you sell 20m copies when there's only 7m people on the planet?
>>
>>386847127
They better use that engine on more games than just this and Death Stranding though.

I have no fucking clue how they made a game look this good on consoles. Facial animations need more work and so do skin textures but it was pretty damn impressive overall.
>>
File: 20170810224517_1.jpg (862KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170810224517_1.jpg
862KB, 3840x2160px
>>386843796
Why can't Alboy be more like Nu-Lara?
>>
>>386847042

The fact that there's absolutely no difference between melee with fucking mountain of steel and machinery on legs and with melee with some half starved bandit with a wooden stick sucks donkey cock. THIS need to be fucking changed.
>>
>>386847298

That is quite the conundrum, but everyone will just have to buy 3 copies each
>>
>>386847141
>Cries that map shows him too much without letting him decide for himself what's important and what's not.

>Keeps looking at the map without deciding for himself what's important and what's not.

You're the kind of weak-minded piece of shit that would blame drugs on you continuing to use them. Just like those retards that cry about how quicktravel ruins exploration but continues to use quicktravel.

Protip: You don't have to use every option and do every activity that the game give you, you OCD driven autistic fuck. Don't look at the god damn map if it it ruins your exploration you dimwitted fuck.
>>
>>386847286
just shoot a fire arrow at the blaze canisters on the backs of 3 different grazers and they will each explode one after another, killing the whole herd. Each grazer has like 4 canisters on them - and much more if you knock them off with harvest arrows and pick them up off the ground
>>
>>386847362
You mean sexualized?
>>
I want a VASTLY more expanded melee system. The ranged combat was nice and felt satisfying with all the different options and ammo but the melee needs reworked. I want more options than just a fucking spear you can't even mod that only has 2 attacks, one of which is practically useless. I want a spear that does SPEAR things and not swinging it around like a glaive. I'd love some sort of blunt weapon and shield where you can do shit like parry or perfect block. Basically I want melee to feel more technical and vidygamey like the ranged does. In ranged combat you can do shit like slow down time and attack specific spots of the robots, blow shit off, inflict status effects and all but melee gets jack shit.
>>
File: 20170810224303_1.jpg (975KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170810224303_1.jpg
975KB, 3840x2160px
>>386847520
Alboy shows her stomach, Nu-Lara doesn't.

Alboy is a SLUT!
>>
>>386847403
there is a difference. The machines don't really react to you hitting them until you get manage some powerful strike at the right time that knocks them off balance. Humans are stunned by every little hit. The critical attacks on machines make sense that they do a lot of damage since you are thrusting your spear between their circuitry and severing wires and hydraulics and shit
>>
>>386847496

Grazers are some low tier shit I can just melee, I'm talking about the beefy stuff. I takes a ridiculous amount of ammo to take down things like Stormbirds. I think I went through 200 blaze ammo killing Stormbirds for the 2 hearts needed for an adept weapon because everything besides blast does jackshit damage to them. I might have to do harvest arrow farming on stuff before long.
>>
>>386847274
>>386847039
The game just shouldn't do it in first place. Turning off icons doesn't change the fact with one press of a button I have map omniscience and know where everything is.
A good exploration map doesn't overload the screen in the first place.
>>
>>386847286
Get scavenger and scavenger+, anon. I have so much bullshit on me right now that I actually have to actively sell them, netting me even more shards.
>>
>>386847746
freeze arrows on the lodge bow plus precision arrows, my friend. Each arrow *anywhere* on the frozen bird does like 300 damage. I'm talking about UH difficulty too.

You can take out a stormbird while only using about 9 chillwater, 15-20 wire and some ridgewood / shards to make the freeze and precision arrows.
>>
File: ab2.gif (392KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ab2.gif
392KB, 320x240px
>2/2

Stating that only side characters are subject to sound like shit. But it's pretty bad all around I think. Why Guerrilla put more priority over the important characters instead of having everyone sound like they're confidently voice acted is beyond me. They absolutely need to fix in the sequel. It's jarring how bad some characters sound.

>Facial animations
I applaud Guerrilla for going the extra mile, but they're not Naughty Dog. The facial animations is beyond uncanny valley, and I personally find myself staring away from the screen during most straight forward conversations. This game needed some more time in the oven to be refined. Because for every decent face I see like the bandit killer, there's a dozen more awful ones.

>Dialogue wheel
What is this is a Bioware game? Are we suddenly Mass Effect? I would like to address my issue with the protagonist Aloy, but I feel like it all steams from this unnecessary dialog tree. Especially the renegade/paragon choices. The game would be better off without the dialog wheel in my opinion for learning about the world, because throughout the game we're slowly finding out through dead drops, diary logs, artifacts, etc. All of which is pretty intensive stuff reminiscent of the Assassin's Creed database, or simply a novel.

>Save system
That feel when you ignore bonfires for the first two hours to farm only to die and lose all your shit after. Always remember to save at bonfires or you'll get fucked. I'm not necessarily bashing the game for this, but shit... Would it be too much to ask for a dedicated save function in the pause menu? I dunno how I feel about bonfire system anyhow. One on hand you have this big open world with inconspicuous loading screens akin to the Naughty Dog's Jak and Daxter, but the game doesn't auto save for you. I guess it shouldn't be a complaint seeing as you can fast travel to bonfires and save manual there, but still I liked it the game auto saved for me every time instead of doing this.
>>
>>386847494
>You don't have to use every option and do every activity that the game give you,

The options in the game would seem more fun if nobody told you about dipshit. Turning off map locations won't make me forget everything I already know.
TES, Fallout, and Persona have tons of unmarked quests and challenges without an overloaded map screen. You're just being a retard.
>>
>>386847813
I would never sell them or open them and I started getting some weird glitch where it took aloy like 30 seconds to bend down and just look at the shit that's on a corpse or in a container. It also fucked up my ability to run in specific directions. The only way to fix it was to open like 12-20 of my scavenger boxes and clear out all the shit, because I had like 1000+ of those things in my treasure boxes inventory.
>>
>>386847963

Guess I'll try out freeze again. It just felt like the status effects wear off a lot faster in UH. I stopped trying to freeze Thunderjaws after awhile because I felt like I was spending most the time roping him down and inflicting freeze so I ended up taking longer to kill them than if I just want balls to the wall.
>>
>>386844248
its got a big dlc expansion coming though.
>>
>>386847963

Are you running full damage mods on your Sharpshooter bow? I went full tear on it since it takes a lot to tear shit off in UH. I don't got the resources to buy a second adept bow just to mod it differently.
>>
>>386847813

This.
After activating this two perks I fucking accumulated around 20k shards in like 6 hrs of gameplay. And I was not even selling all the shit I was collecting (because I have a fucking fetish for hoarding stuff, so I keep all purple weapon and armour upgrades I've found, as well as 1pc of every machine hearts and lenses)
>>
I didn't like that the only way to improve weapon damage was farming coils. The better weapons didn't even do more damage, they just had more ammo types. I would put in some kind of permanent upgrade system on top of the coils, or just have way more weapons and they actually have better stats on the later ones.

The ammo types need some pruning, too. Half of the arrow types are fucking useless, like harvester arrows. Tearblast arrows are good in theory but because of the coil system their tear damage caps out at like 250 or so, which is shit. Once you get really good coils for element damage the shadow sling and shadow blast sling are by far the best weapons, you just blow everything up.

Would also like to see the melee system either expanded a lot or removed completely, as it is now it feels like an afterthought that was tacked on the last month of development. There aren't even any fucking upgrades for the spear other than a couple story locked ones that don't do much anyway.
>>
>>386848150
they are OP as fuck. Once you find out about them it makes all other weapons / combos seem useless in comparison. These are both on UH:

Thunderjaws:
https://streamable.com/0boce
Rockbreakers:
https://streamable.com/7pq9b

>>386848338
full damage, with as much extra handling stats as possible. Tear does basically nothing for the sharpshot bow because it doesn't change the effectiveness of tearblast arrows. I guess it's good for the harvest arrows..
>>
>>386846776
Just simple things like better voice acting adds to creating a decent presentation. Expect more not less from these studios.
>>
File: IMG_20170711_181056.jpg (145KB, 1152x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_181056.jpg
145KB, 1152x1440px
horizon is, unironically, my GOTY. Aloy's my rolemodel.
>>
>>386848542

What the fuck at that TJ damage. I must be doing something wrong. I gotta remod my weapons. Also, why do you go with hardpoint arrows for the rockbreaker and not precision?
>>
>>386848876
That better not be a vape you fucker
>>
>>386848876

Those better not be a bunch of hanging sea shells you fucker
>>
>>386848876
That better not be TWO straws in ONE drink you fucker
>>
>>386845653
There's a giant bear at least.
>>
>>386848876
That better not be a pair of pink bendy straws you fucker
>>
>>386849565

There better be a giant mammoth robot
>>
>>386846420
I'd prefer that the AI goes crazy there too and make Dead Space with robots.
>>
>>386848876

Those better not be deliciously suck-able toes you fucker
>>
>>386848876
that better not be a shitty speaker setup you fucker
>>
File: 1502274610409.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1502274610409.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>386848876
Them toes better not be suck-able mother fucker
>>
>>386843796
IP is too casual, I don't care.
>>
>>386848083
>Turning off map locations won't make me forget everything I already know.

>wants an exploration and immersion experience
>didnt disable as much of the UI as possible at the start of the game
>probably still climbed all the tallnecks
>>
>>386843796
Since pretty much nothing in this game is original, I think they should copy BotW's open world design, Witcher 3's sidequests and slap on some streamlined RPG mechanics from Dragon's Dogma.

Keep the combat and enemies as is and you might get one of the best games ever made.
>>
>>386848876
That better not be a painted wooden bottle crate turned on its site a drilled into your wall to use as a hipster shelf you fucker
>>
>>386848883
Hardpoint arrows are fine on the rockbreakers because they do sufficient damage and, more importantly, they don't cost any wire - just ridgewood and shards. Makes for really cheap and easy purple mod farming, considering that rockbreakers never drop wire for your precision arrow crafting

The Thunderjaw takes like 10x damage from arrows that hit its heart while frozen.
>>
>>386850897

I mean aren't those webms perfect situations where the robots turn to the exact spot where you can hit their shit? What happens when shit goes wrong and they aren't facing the right way? Like if the TJ just faced you with its front? I always have to tie the fucks down to get a good amount of time on their weak points.
>>
>>386847494

Only partially related, but I played 90% of the game without map markers and it I was surprised how this game with fast travel had such a navigable map for the most part.

I hope they actually have people give you directions to where you need to go so I can forgo the markers completely.
>>
>>386847362
Aloy wouldn't leave her bff in an insane asylum prison and never mention her again
>>
>>386851327

You can always abuse jumping and time slow.
>>
>>386851327
With the TJ you have to be very precise, yes, but with the rockbreakers it's easy as hell. They usually tend to pop out one at a time to spew boulders at your cliff from somewhat far away, but you can just quickly spam like 20-some hardpoint arrows at their bodies for ~153 damage each and they die before they can shoot anything at you. They pop out to shoot you initially and you freeze them, which causes them to cancel their attack and dive underground. Then they die when they pop out the second time.
>>
>>386851327
Before i had corruption arrows what I did was set a bunch of explosive trip wires in a row, then tear off the weapon pods and start running while firing back. That way its always facing you head on.
>>
>>386851327

You gotta keep moving, motherfucker. Movement and precision is the name of the game.
>>
>>386851504
D-does Aloy even have a bff?
>>
>>386847603
and her bush in those see thru panties
>>
I'm 10 hours in and so far it feels like The Witcher 3 with niggers, machines and epic press R1 to kill stealth
>>
>>386847772
they literally made it so retards can see as much info as possible and made it so people that don't want to see anything can play it that way as well.
even more they made it so people can customize every single aspect of what they want to see.

>you still complain cause you have the option / temptation to look

you're opinion means absolute nothing to anyone
>>
File: 1496255598901.webm (2MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496255598901.webm
2MB, 720x720px
Where are all the animals in the game? So far there's only been boars, foxes and coons, where are the doggos?
>>
>>386852736

Some animals simply didn't get their genomes stored in time. I don't remember if they mention doggos.
>>
>>386852736

Pay attention to the fucking story and you will know.
>>
>>386848876
this better not be a new meme you fucker
>>
>>386852736
That looks like one cuddly doggo
>>
>>386843796
>What improvements would they have to make to have a similar jump like between AC1 and AC2?

Fighting robos is great, now make fighting humans fun as well.
Tone down on the loot shit.
Tone down quest arrows.
Tone down quick travel.
Make Aloy party up with an equal (someone that is just as competent as she and doesn't behave like a caveman).
>>
>>386852736

Is that pupper sedated? Do you think she takes the knot?
>>
>>386846325
>Kinda baffles me how a company whose primarily done nothing but shooters couldn't get the bow and arrow combat done right. Maybe it's the AI, but I feel like it's never satisfying to kill these huge machines with just a shard tip on a piece of wood.

The fuck? Just shooting a spotter in the eye was way more saitsfying than fucking anything I've killed in an open world game in years.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66KB, 454x444px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66KB, 454x444px
>>386853209
>someone that is just as competent as she and doesn't behave like a caveman
>>
>>386843796
Maybe. Although if it does I don't think it would be for the story. The world being the way it is was a really good idea, but doesn't actually have much payoff after the initial reveal. Meanwhile, Aloy's personal story is basically nothing, and easily the least interesting part of the game. Continuing with her would be a mistake.

So it could probably continue on if they focused on being just another sandbox open world game. Problem is that the original game really isn't that at all. One of its greatest strengths was that it was short for the genre, without endless loot grinding or time wasters. Even the collectibles are intentionally worthless to give you no reason to look for them.
>>
>>386852736
Demeter only recreated what was necessary for a stable ecosystem, the new generation of humans was supposed to use the teachings of Apollo to take control of the terraforming and species gestation systems, but that all became impossible when Ted Faro purged Apollo.
>>
>>386846657
>Yeah, those of you who think the game was a financial success need to pull your heads out of your ass.

You're legit retarded. I should even need to dig up a bunch of links to prove your retarded ass wrong.
You're fucking literally pulling numbers like 8mil out of your ass and you don't even think that's fucking retarded when you know fuck all about the production costs, etc.

>zelda killer

Yes, let's kill Zelda on a completely different system with a game that was nothing like Zelda.
Zelda going open world is not something people expected.
>>
File: 1481910043239.jpg (138KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1481910043239.jpg
138KB, 500x669px
>>386847362
>Why can't Alboy be more like Nu-Lara?

You mean completely unlikeable, poorly written and retarded?
>>
>>386853496
There was no partying up, he simply gave her orders over the comm and saved her ass once.
>>
>>386854230
>>386853496
Waste of a good VA.
>>
>>386854352
>Waste of a good VA.

It's ok anon, it's so they can make room for this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcVgb4s7xFs
>>
>>386843796
the world has potential (robomonsterhunterish), just do the story from a different tribe or even some sort of fallout/ rage future scientist wakes up to this tribal world to try to build it back up.
>>
>>386847127
Bait? It was a really good success
>>
I hope to fuuuuuck they make a game about the Faro Plague.

I don't care if you know you can never win. I love myself some completely and utterly hopeless situations.
>>
File: UZD6DLk.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UZD6DLk.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>386855601
>Come across 2 (or was it three) deactivated Horus in the game
>never get to fight one
>final boss is just a more powerful Deathbringer with some add waves

I was waiting for one to show up the whole game.
>>
>>386855601
The idea of fighting a losing war for humanity country by country against a swarm of robots was way cooler than literally anything in Aloy's story. It's a reals hame.
>>
>>386855601
Remember Reach
>>
>>386855954
I think the Frozen Wilds expansion will have you fight one.
>>
>>386856182
Nah, clearly they'll reserve the chariot line for the most final DLC, whatever that is.
>>
>>386849669
This
If you're going to take us to an Ice Age DLC Area you better have Ice age machines for us to fight
And I'm not talking about taking another sawtooth and putting the glinthawk ice shooter on its back.
>>
>>386855954
Wouldn't a reactivated Horus essentially mean an instant second Faro Plague?
During the war it was a fucking monumental achievement to take one down, and that was literally with the ENTIRE WORLD POPULATION armed with mechs, tanks, and ion cannons.
>>
>>386855581
For any real publisher 3 million for a AAA game would be disastrous.
>>
>>386843796
>let's put together a crack team of the world's best and brightest scientific minds
>it's literally tumblr

defend this
>>
>>386855601
I was getting major Resistance vibes from that, where humanity is continuously losing ground as the series progresses, and no matter how hard they fight, or how many small victories they manage to scrape out, things just keep on going from bad to worse.
>>
File: palmyra-before.jpg (68KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
palmyra-before.jpg
68KB, 564x752px
>>386858656
How does the guy who's into snuff movies and torture horror fit into the tumblr team?

The only tumblrite thing about it is putting a muslima in charge of humanity's collective knowledge and cultural heritage.
>>
>>386852352
The stealth attacks are weak as fuck and useless against any machine larger than a scrapper.

Overrides are a different story though
>>
Why do people like this game? The only reason I can think is because it's on PS4. If this was multiplatform, this wouldn't be shit.
>>
>>386843910
The writing wasn't that bad overall. If you more specifically talk about the dialogue writing then i would tend to agree for at least some of the scenes.
>>
File: 1499331193510.jpg (155KB, 852x736px) Image search: [Google]
1499331193510.jpg
155KB, 852x736px
>>386844921
Underrated post.
>>
>>386843796
Overhaul the side quests (you can tell there was that John Gonzales influence in some) I could have cared less about most of them outside Niels.

I don't know who or what was in charge of the dialogue but please tell him to do another job. Some of the conversations feel so awkward as fuck when compare to what is going on.

Facial animations need to be worked on by a long shot and melee combat needs to be tight up. Same thing about the AI since it was freaking atrocious.

Other than that I have no complains of the game. One last thing I wish the interactions with the open world were better. I mean otherwise it all goes to waste. I don't man just have aloy or whoever sit on a bonfire. Anyway yes it has franchise potential but it is also rather thin since it would just be telling the same story from a different perspective.
>>
File: behemoths fight.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
behemoths fight.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>386859798
1. For the varied, open-world hunting combat w/ its focus on exploiting weak points and ambushing / manipulating enemies
2. For the presentation / graphics / gameplay animations
3. For the setting / world design / enemy design (machines) / atmosphere
4. For the RPG / leveling / grinding aspects that give you a reason to go out in the wilds and do more combat on a whim
5. For the story, quests and dialog
>>
>>386843796
Not with Guerrilla Games at the helm
>>
File: Alloy.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Alloy.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>386847603
don't you talk that way about my girlfriend
>>
File: 34563730205_d5c63a2bfc_o.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
34563730205_d5c63a2bfc_o.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>386847362
You mean have bad shaders?
>>
>>386848876
Where is the black hand?
>>
File: mechanical bull.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mechanical bull.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>386843796
-bigger enemies and the ability to climb them / grapple with them. At the very least you should be able to stand on top of big slow enemies you have overridden, like bellowbacks, without slipping off.
-the ability to climb almost anything, gripping with your hands and feet or a pick.
-quick-swinging from a grappling hook attached to random cliffs and giant robot parts would be pretty awesome.
-better and more responsive melee controls. Maybe a fully overhauled melee system like in >>386847595
-the ability to make actual decisions that matter in sidequests and dialog.
-better written dialog and more interesting sidequests.
-a better UI for changing out equipment like weapons and armor. Stuff like the ability to organize your items as you want.
-armor that is more than just whole outfits where only the purple / very-rare ones are worth using.
-a more well-thought-out skill tree

I played the game a *ton* and thought it was a 9/10, but changing these things would make it pretty much perfect
>>
File: 33754065720_c08dca5f8d_o.jpg (326KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
33754065720_c08dca5f8d_o.jpg
326KB, 1920x1080px
>>386864490
Is there a way to pitch exactly this to guerilla games?
I don't think they would be all that offended.
>>
>>386845094
Resh is the guy that insults Aloy before her trial
>>
>>386865502
To be fair she was rather autistic.
>>
>>386843796
the game only looks good if you have a Pro a 4K TV the rest in mediocre at best
>>
>>386866008
Shaddap you 4k shill. The game looks amazing on 1080p with the regular PS4. All that matters is the lighting / shading / animations and art design; resolution isn't important
>>
>>386867079
This.
>>
File: 20170810215938_1.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170810215938_1.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>386854062
>You mean completely unlikeable, poorly written and retarded

But that's what Alboy is. How can a character voiced by a Burch be likeable or smart?
>>
Obviously it has franchise potential, it's a fucking franchise
>>
>>386864490
Grappling hooks make every game better

If Horizon Zero Dawn had the same climbing equipment / system as Rise of the Tomb Raider the movement would be perfect. RotTR had the best grappling hook; it was just like a climbing pick you could whip out to grab things you were falling too low to reach, either to climb up them or swing off them.
>>
>>386843796
The story was great, if a little confusing. The combat was great, using tearblast arrows to rip armor and components off and using an enemy's weapon agaisnt him was extremely rewarding. Usually in open world games I eventually get tired of the combat and just run pass them but whenever I saw a Sawtooth or Snapmaw I always stopped and destroyed them, same with Thunderjaws. The combat was likely the best part of the game for me, they just need to fix melee.
>>
>>386869116
Yeah fuck Aloys voice. She's supposed to be a teenager and she sounds like some jaded 32 year old mother. Bleh
>>
>>386864490
>ability to organize items as you want

this bugged me so bad till i realized you can drop items and then pick them back up in the order you want them to be in. tedious i know but fuck thats frustrating to look at.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 455x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 455x1024px
>>386845210
>"BotW isn't going to start any new trends"
But it already is, look at AC: origins you can sick and arrow in a fire place and turn it into a fire arrow. It wouldn't surprise me if Horizon 2(if its even happening)takes a bunch from it aswell

Thankfully a game as mechanically impressive as BoTW is so highly revered, so other companies so big companies will take from it and make better games.
>>
>>386844797
>>386845172
The Carja appear to have access to a lot more food. I would think that that enables them to grow faster and evolve culturally.
I thought of them as being more like desert Romans instead of Inca but we'll go with your idea. They and the Nord-like Oseram developed faster because they had more resources and took advantage of them. Whereas the Nora and Banuk so far stayed on their mountains.

It could be that they all came from All Mother but I remember it being implied that there are bases scattered across America. So the writers left themselves room to introduce new tribes. Come to think of it I think Erend said something about people west of Carja. If there's a sequel we may see aquatic tribes/machines on the West Coast and/or cowboys with big herds on the Great Plains.
>>
File: 1494115621836.gif (3MB, 315x304px) Image search: [Google]
1494115621836.gif
3MB, 315x304px
>>386843796
>Sony IP
>franchise potential
>>
>>386869169
It's not a franchise. There is only one game.
>>
>>386871539
That's not a new concept though. One recent example that comes to mind is Far Cry Primal.
>>
>>386843796
I doubt a sequel. This game made not a ripple. Good riddance.
>>
>>386872384
you're delusional
http://wccftech.com/ps-boss-horizon-business-long-time/
>>
Real talk, how cucked is this game? Its the only Playstation exclusive I don't own but I've heard some pretty bad shit.
>>
File: 1474343090659.png (133KB, 873x623px) Image search: [Google]
1474343090659.png
133KB, 873x623px
>>386872565
>>386872384
>>
>but it already is
>AC Origins

Yes, games with 4 year development cycles released half a year apart defintiely influence eachother.
>>
I beated it yesterday, it was pretty good. Combat was a bit meh, and the side quest were not very interesting (didn't complete them all, though), but the main story was enjoyable.
>>
>>386872565
>how cucked is this game?
Could you rephrase the question? Everyone seems to define the word "cucked" differently
>I've heard some pretty bad shit.
like what?
>>
>>386871539
m8 of all the things you could've brought up BOTW pulled that concept from much older (and much better) zelda games
BOTW didn't invent shit, it took in as much as it could from as many different sources as possible to make the single most sandbox oriented sandbox game ever made, which is half the reason why it sucks right there
>>
>They seem to have set up enough worldbuilding to make several games
I want there to be a game about that spacefaring generations-ship, The Odyssey, that was supposed to save the last of humanity before the Faro plague killed everyone. It'd be cool if it somehow ended up back on earth and the survivors aboard woke up. The game data files said that it had a catastrophic antimatter failure or something during launch, but maybe that means it just got stuck in earth orbit or it crash landed back in the oceans or sands or something. Myabe it wasn't totally destroyed.

Or are all those rusted-out corridor shaped ruins laying around the Shadow-Carja desert where the final tallneck is located supposed to be debris from it? If that's the case, nevermind
>>
>>386872889
He's right though, the game went off the radar faster than a North Korean ICBM.
>>
>>386876253
Explain this thread then. Let me guess - marketers? Its still getting a lot of discussion for a single-player-only game
>>
>>386876826
>Its still getting a lot of discussion for a single-player-only game
Breath of the Wild and Persona 5 have garnered much more discussion and shitposting.
>>
No just because it went with the open world meme
This game would have been extremely better if it was more straight forward.

Sadly it'll keep being open world and it will be a franchise and people will eat it up because its exclusive
Sometimes competition can hurt I guess
>>
>>386872565
You have to have the biggest hardon for open world games in order to enjoy it, because it has one of the most bland that I can think of.
I'd say wait for a sale when its $10 or less if you want to give it a try
>>
>>386871796
>Cuck posting

If it isn't Horizon that take GOTY it's Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.
>>
>>386876253
no it didnt people still talk about it not on /v/ retards shitposted the game nonstop even when somebody did make a not shit posting thread retards come and shitposted the same webm and fake spoilers
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.