[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (31KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
What went wrong?
>>
>>386841249
They somehow managed to make combat worse and pushed stupid action camera on a game that wasn't made for it. Gutted skill tree and build variety is icing on the cake.
>>
Never played the original one, tried this out
I don't really care about the gameplay as that's not what drew me in but the performance was so shit and it kept crashing so I had to stop playing at the first dungeon
>>
>>386841421
Never mind how horrible they are at marketing or giving the playerbase information.
>>
>>386841249
It's an MMO.
>>
>Funcom has a team of excellent writers create a wildly interesting story and world, making a hidden gem of a game that while flawed gave huge returns on investment for people willing to give it a shot
>Reboot ruins everything good about the game and makes all the flaws even worse somehow, including combat despite that being the major focus of the relaunch
>Neither the original game nor the relaunch received any advertising so by the time anyone hears about it it'll be dead every time

I could write a novel really but honestly you can sum it all up with "Funcom".
>>
What the hell made funcom think they should be doing combat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhMOiEpkKl4
>>
>>386841249
So, how long do you think this game will survive now? Because they managed to alienate their actual fanbase and I really fucking doubt that they will manage to attract new players with the shtishow of a gameplay, even fucking swtor has better gameplay than this
>>
>only e-mail people about an event 5 days into it

>make an absolute mess of the key distribution for the ARG, a ton of people still don't have theirs
>reply to everyone that you don't handle the key distribution and can't do anything about it
>meanwhile still sell that same content on steam

>ban players without warning for exploiting bugs that weren't even in the original game

>"hotfixes" multiple times a week that results in 2-4 hours of server downtime each time
>all server downtime is during Eurotime

Any more bullshit I've missed? If we go back to the announcement of SWL, the list will be endless.
>>
>>386841828

/thread
>>
>>386842541
To be honest, I doubt it will stay afloat for long. Maybe a year or two.
>>
>>386842727

It would be really lucky if it got even that.
>>
They made it worse.
>>
>>386842813
Well, for some reason there's a small fanbase that's crazily dedicated to the game. Spending all the money they have on Aurum.

I just don't understand how you can still give money to a company that fucks you over every time they can.
>>
>>386842541
>alienate their actual fanbase
That's funcom business motto.

On that note, swtor always had decently solid gameplay for hotkey mmo. Its only big problem was abortion of an engine that somebody in management was stupid enough to push. Everything else is result of it.
>>
Wanted to love Secret World, but the glacial combat ended up being a dealbreaker.
>>
>>386842947

I know a lot of those people. The old TSW had a really tight knit community of core players that were always on (myself included) because we loved the game. It was a really comfy feel, playing this neat game with other people as the ship was sinking.

A lot of them didn't let go though. Most of us tried to get into SWL but it was just too trash. Most of it is sunken cost fallacy, I had 6k hours in TSW and my friends had even more. Every day though we hop in our mutual discord and note all the people in SWL, and the next day we'll note even fewer people. They won't stick to it that long, even the most stubborn autists I knew are already off it.
>>
>ok guys combats shit what should we do to fix it
>lets redesign it from the ground up
>its no improvement
Also the character progression is not better then the old wheel either.
>>
>>386843123
I'm in the same position you are I guess, haven't seen a decrease in players in my discord yet. There has been an increase of people leaving though.
>>
>>386843253
Worst thing is, they really didn't change combat all that much aside from changing the keys and throwing some gimmicks on top of it.
>>
>>386841421
This is accurate. Combat was always TSW's weakest link and they made it weaker.

I wish their time and effort went into adding more puzzles or issues to the original game.
>>
I guess we had a good run
>>
>>386843253
>from the ground up
It's exactly the same, mechanics-wise, they just force you into that reticle aim mode -- the mode that virtually fucking nobody used, so why in gods' green earth would they think forcing it on every player would be an improvement?

It honestly just show how detached from their players they are. I feel like the whole thing is just a cash grab to fund Conan Exiles.
>>
You fuckers will all be back for season 2 and you fucking know it
>>
>fire Scrivnomancer
>Joel is lead writer now

To what end?
>>
>>386842727
>>386842813
>>386842947
I doubt it's going anywhere, Anarchy Online is still up too
>>
>>386845356
There won't be a season two and you know it
>>
>>386845957
Anarchy Online is still running on 10 year old hardware, you could probably run its servers in a background process on a current PC and still play video games.
>>
>>386846178
>there won't be new content and you fucking know it
>There won't be an Orochi Tower and you fucking know it
>There won't be a Tokyo and you fucking know it
>There won't be a Venice and you fucking know it
>There won't be weapon skins and you fucking know it
>There won't be an Issue that continues the story and you fucking know it
>Tyler Freeborn will suck and you fucking know it
>There won't be a raid and you fucking know it
>There won't be Aux weapons and you fucking know it
>There won't be a plastic surgeon or barbershop and you fucking know it
>There won't be new content and you fucking know it
>There won't be a launch and you fucking know it
>There won't be an expansion for Age of Conan and you fucking know it

I could go on. Funcom is good at nothing else if not surviving its own incompetence.
>>
>>386846931
>tfw they finally released a sequel to Dreamfall after almost TEN FUCKING YEARS of ending it on a cliffhanger so Tornqist could fuck off to develop shitty mmos like AO and TSW
I'm too scared to play it for fear it will let me down.
>>
>>386846931

Ignoring the fact that your post is a terrible and desperate argument, you are right, we will get season 2.

Only, now that there's no profit from releasing a new issue, we'll get even less content/quality than before. I'm expecting a cobbled together mess of reused assets. I mean shit, Tokyo mobs were almost all reused monsters from previous areas already and they charged money for that shit.
>>
>>386846706
>bought AO and all of its expansions when they were current
>hyped up for steam release to nostalgiafag it and experience everything anew
>can't play my old account unless i pay sub fee because i bought expansions
I am still platinum mad.
>>
>>386847356
Tokyo was already heavy on the reused assets. Remember how it had "two" dungeons that are virtually the same?
>>
>>386842973

TOR feels like naught but a reskinned WoW. Even still, it was pretty decent when it actually let you make some choices that mattered, like corrupting that padawan slut in the sith warrior's storyline, or partying up with bros and seeing what shenanigans occur from your friends picking other choices than you
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.