[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make an FFVII remake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: vii.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vii.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
Forget how SquareEnix will do it. Forget how other people would do it, how would YOU do it if you were the director?

As for me, I'd keep the story largely unchanged. Might trim some fat here or there but largely leave the story line unchanged. Fan favorite scenes stay in including the honeybee in.

I'd add more content to a few places but more focused on capturing their atmosphere then adding new narrative. Examples: Junon, Wutai, Rocket Town and Costa del Sol would see more things to do.

More minigames. Golden Saucer should have plenty of diversions to let you play around with. Think of things you'd do for leisure you see in some thing like the Yakuza games.

Biggest change. I'd make the whole thing a stat/item driven spectacle fighter. It would feel like a good Platinum game, or maybe even like Nier: Automata. 3D movement, maybe some mild platforming but dashing, dodging, light and heavy attacks, combos, magic/Materia. Lower level Summons show up to fight with you for some fixed time period. Larger more powerful summons are cut scenes but effect the battlefield when over IE: lots of viable destruction and rearranged environment reacting to the damage done to the area.

Thoughts? how would you do it?
Think my idea is shit? Feel free to tell me why.
>>
>>386833673
Isn't this essentially how Square Enix is doing it?
>>
>>386833837
not a lot of info out but the videos pictures seem to indicate real-time fighting, so likely not turn based.
>>
>>386833673

I wouldn't. FF7 with the character reskins for the blocks is already perfection.
>>
>>386833673
Leave most of the main story mostly intact and have it so that you can esentially ignore everything else if you just want to replay FFVII with upped graphs (and the new gameplay), but also add a lot of stuff, ranging from silly scenes and easter eggs to long, meaty sidequests tackling plot threads and using characters from the spin-offs.

Make it an open world a la FFXV and add new locations (both dungeons and towns) to flesh out the world and increase content, have main story visit a few of these new locations but leave most optional for the sake of exploration.

Up the ammount of post-game content, new superbosses and at least one hyperboss a la Penance.

Bundle Advent Children alongside the game. Crisis Core too, if I can convince the joos at squenix about it. 50% discount for the game on PSN otherwise.

Though in the best case I'd also remake Crisis Core and have it integrated in the remake as a prequel you unlock when you uncover the truth about Zach and Cloud.
>>
Gameplay is now FFX style turn based instead of ATB shit
Redo most bosses to have unique fight mechanics like some of the more memorable bosses (EG Carry Armor) but keep the gameplay otherwise intact. All the minigames and quirks left intact (EG the sleeping man) but updated to have better controls and more variety. EG, make Chocobo racing work like FFXIV without the input lag.
No Genesis bullshit; extend the Zack cutscene to a short summar of Cisis Core sans everything related to Genesis. No Advent Children bullshit. No Dirge of Cerberus bullshit besides Omega as an optional bonus boss.
>>
File: cloud-and-tifa.jpg (1MB, 1273x1123px) Image search: [Google]
cloud-and-tifa.jpg
1MB, 1273x1123px
>>386833673
Leave the story and characters as they are (except for the ending which needs a more satisfactory payoff), absolutely no referencing or even mentioning of Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core, give it FF10's combat system and bam done.
>>
>>386836086
On top of all this, make the Zack cutscene mandatory, not optional and easily missable like in the original.
>>
File: 1ycK2BN_d.jpg (22KB, 349x416px) Image search: [Google]
1ycK2BN_d.jpg
22KB, 349x416px
I would do it in 4k VR 3D and use the Undertale battle system combined with materia. New cutscene in Hojo's lab at ShinRa HQ for Red and Aeris. Also shoehorn in all the new Compilation canon and make Genesis playable during Cloud's wheelchair adventure or something. Add NG+. You have to finish watching the credits and any post credit cutscenes to save your endgame file to unlock it. Only post credit cutscenes are the ENTIRETY of Advent Children Complete and an official lets play of Dirge of Cerberus (both unskippable).

Also add Billy Herrington to the honey bee inn, and add a sidequest that allows Cloud to fully transition while still collecting new girl clothes and hormones throughout the game.
>>
>>386833673
Change nothing.
Add only modern graphics. Don't change combat system at all.
Maybe add some more outifts and minigames.
That's it.
>>
>>386836732
No, that would go against the point of expanding it. It should be optional so that it can be long and detailed. The only thing that should be changed is making it unlock Omnislash or something, an actual worthwhile reward, and maybe a hint as to its existence in some mandatory cutscene.
>>
I wish someone at S-E would remember that Cloud was also semi-conscious in the tank and that he and Zack communicated with each other by scratching the glass or writing on the fume crusted (I have no idea how to say this in English) glass with their fingers. That's how they planned to ambush the guy bringing food. He must've been a vegetable only part of the time, just like in the game. Well probably more often though.
>>
>>386833673
>take base game
>spend years implementing it into current gen graphics
>rebalance the materia system because of broken combos or whatever

i.e. how anyone who clamored for this game to happen wanted it to be
>>
>>386833673
I just want FFVII with PS4 graphics and animations...
>>
>>386837508
>>386838447
>>386838491
So pretty much just the original game, the point of a remake is too change things otherwise the original is always there (mods exist as well).
>>
Turn BASED Combat
>>
>drop the photorealistic graphics and go for a more stylized approach, like how Cloud looks in Smash 4
>combo-based action gameplay like Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>386838691

The order goes remaster > remake > re-imagining > reboot

What you're after is a re-imagining. I personally want a remake with the same artstyle, but better graphics, rebalanced Materia, with tri-slots and cross-character-slots, more equipment to wear, more party members in battle, more optional story/characterization, which doesn't contradict what's already there and a non-canon gag script for new game+ with several NPCs playable.
>>
Just put it all on one disc this time. Ez
>>
>>386839257
FUCKING THIS
>>386838691
I don't want another FFXV with a FFVII re-skin
>>
>>386838691
fuck off nomuradrone. they took people's wishes for the better part of the last 10 or so years and shit all over them, game will play like trash and never be released anyway
>>
Same combat with balance and quality of life updates, then put it in the crisis core engine. Wow that was hard.
>>
>>386839587
It'd actually be good if it was but it won't be. 7R is already fucked because the story is split between three or so games so the 1st game isn't even going to have a proper ending.
>>
>>386839257
remake > re-imagining > reboot > remaster
fixed
>>
>>386841608

I meant the order of severity, not personal preference. Also they were arrows not bigger than signs. I got lazy.
>>
Don't understand why people are against a remake, if you want to play it then don't.

Personally I want an actions turn based style of combat, you can do a set of actions that drains an AP bar based on what action you take, moving, attacking, casting magic, charging magic attacks for higher damage.

Like you can cast a magic then move around, or spend the entire AP bar to cast 1 powerful spell.
>>
>>386843931
Purists wanted it to retain the turn-based combat from the original, despite that system being an outdated pile of garbage. Pulling out special attacks through button inputs is so much better than just selecting a menu option and watching a fancy animation while waiting for the damage numbers to come up.
>>
>>386843931

I have two reasons. First and the much bigger reason: I want them to make XVI, so I can have a new game. The Remake eats funds and workforce from that. Second: Solidarity towards those, who will eventually choose which one to play between the original and the Remake. It is a disservice to them and I know they'll choose the Remake, since we already have an example of this sort of injustice in the series, FFIII.

I have advocated against the remake since 2004. I love and play VII to this day, I don't need a remake. Especially the brainchild of another's, much less modern Square-Enix'. The original is practically flawless and even its actual six flaws are part of its identity now.
>>
I would have it literally the same battle system with random encounters, just updated environments and graphics,

Spend a lot of money on GOOD voice acting

Keep barretts dialogue with him swearing and shit too
>>
Make what people actually want. The original game but now with good graphics.
>>
>>386844642
Why not just play the original if you want more of the same?
>>
Modern graphics, same gameplay, additional features like you mentioned (golden saucer, etc.), higher sound quality for the soundtrack but still keep the same feel and instruments for each song. No open world, have the same overworld based gameplay as before. Turn based stays too.
>inb4 nostalgiafag
I played this game for the first time this year and thought it was perfect. If we get a reimagining of the game with new gameplay and everything then people will completely forget the original, call it trash/aged poorly, and mock people who prefer it.
>>
The first and most important thing? Make it Nintendo exclusive. This is really important.

The second is not make any changes to the gameplay or storyline of the original. The only thing that really NEEDS to be upgraded is the visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyJHW-QvsUo&t=773s
>>
>>386845881
key word: graphics
>>
>>386833673
Keep everything the same and just update the graphics and maybe the music.

I don't want the battle system changed. That alone has destroyed my excitement for the game.
>>
>>386844642
this

>>386845881
t. never played the game
>>
So it wasn't enough that Square Enix shit on FF7's legacy with sub-par contiuation material like Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. But now they are coming to shit on the game itself, the game that put them on the map as a company and made Squaresoft a name people recognized.

I fucking hate this timeline.
>>
>>386846587
You're right, I didn't. Turn-based is crap. I'm actually looking forward to the remake. Go play the original with modded graphics if you don't like change
>>
Literally do not care about anything other than nailing Midgar's atmosphere. In fact, change the game around so the whole thing takes place in Midgar, and let you go to more plates. All of the other areas suck ass, and the gameplay and story are boring so do whatever with those.
>>
>>386846728

You know it would be better, if the game world was built from the ground up to support action-roleplaying style in a totally new game? Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm guessing the story, level design, themes, move list and characterization will be to you inexplicably contradictory often enough that you won't enjoy it. But honest good luck to you, so that won't happen.
>>
>>386846135
Jesus christ this guy needs to be dipped in acid.
>>
I like the action route they're going, I just need it to have multiple playable characters, a la Tales. I want to play as Tifa and go God Hand on niggas.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.