[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sega "actively pursuing" a Shenmue Remaster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: shenmue.jpg (302KB, 550x508px) Image search: [Google]
shenmue.jpg
302KB, 550x508px
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sega-remastered-how-retro-and-pc-titles-are-revitalising-the-publisher/0185552

>“It’s something we would love to make happen, something we are trying to make happen," Clark says. "I think we want it to happen as much as anybody out there. Yes, it’s a serious task and it’s not a task that we’re not working on, if that makes sense. It’s something we’re actively pursuing.”
>>
File: Shenmue.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shenmue.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>386829221
HD 1 and 2 before 3 releases.
>>
Speaking of Shenmue how well does it run on emulators? I've been wanting to replay the game for years but I've sold my Dreamcast a long time ago.
>>
I really, really, hope they manage to remaster them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiqJzCp1vSQ
>>
>>386829221
>SEGA finally realizes people like IPs other than Sonic
What took them so long?
>>
>>386829950
SEGA Europe has always been this based anon.
>>
Would definitely buy if they ever release them.
>>
>>386829221
honestly of everything they've done, shenmue really is the one that deserves a remake the most.

that said, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY NiGHTS INTO DREAMS 3 WHAT THE FUCK IS SEGA THINKING
>>
File: sega.png (196KB, 530x373px) Image search: [Google]
sega.png
196KB, 530x373px
SEGA is CRUSHING it this year.

>Yakuza 0
>Persona 5
>Puyo Puyo Tetris
>Sonic Mania
>Vanquish and Bayonetta PC ports
>>
>>386830193
>Persona 5
>SEGA

what
>>
>>386830368
Sega published Persona 5, I believe they'll be publishing all of future Atlus releases, as well.
>>
>>386830368

SEGA owns Atlus
>>
>>386830368
Atlus got bought by Sega-Sammy a few years ago, though Sega Japan basically treats them as autonomous entity, which pisses off the European division, since their attempts at getting them to port their games to more Western-centric platforms so far have come up short. Sega's almost as rife with infighting between different divisions as it was back in the '90s.
>>
File: Quill_me.jpg (10KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
Quill_me.jpg
10KB, 217x250px
>>386830193
>this year
Sonic Mania and the PC ports are the only things in your list that didn't come out way earlier in Japan, and the PC ports don't really count for much.
Don't praise SoA for finally getting off their asses and doing what they should've done a long time ago.
>>
File: CHINKED.webm (673KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
CHINKED.webm
673KB, 854x480px
>>386829221

YES PLEASE DO IT

MY DREAMCAST DIED IN 2012
>>
File: Like an Orange.jpg (40KB, 485x373px) Image search: [Google]
Like an Orange.jpg
40KB, 485x373px
>>386829950

Based Nagoshi being made the big man.
>>
>>386830193

Yakuza Kiwami this month too, and 6 next year.
>>
"actively pursuing" doesn't mean shit, it's the PR version of "we're thinking about it"
Wake me up when we have a fucking announcement
>>
>>386829831
It still has transparency issues and crashing when playing arcades
>>
>>386830193
>1st console is snes
>2nd is ps1
>just lately realized how based SEGA is
Their PC line-up is also pretty solid. Not to mention they might be last bastion of arcade. Might be the last publisher I genuinely support.
>>
>>386829221
Meh, I already own both games on DC and HUEG respectively. If they could spend time and resources on new games instead of rehashing Shenmue, that'd be great.
Definitely looking forward to Shenmue 3, though.
>>
>>386834237
Stop playing on NullDC you fucking retard.
Demul emulates it perfectly.

>>386829831
Works perfectly on Demul.
>>
>>386834237
I just emulated it on Demul a few days ago since this is my first time using emulator just to test it and it works fine and zero issues. I was also worried about transparency and crashing as I watched a streamer and he ran into transparency before and after and sometimes during cutscenes. But for me it's all fine. I may stop emulating if this remaster comes out by the end of the year though.
>>
>>386834843
What's your problem friendo
>>
>>386835693
My problem is that you're claiming it has transparency issues when it in fact doesn't as long as you use Demul, it only has problems on NullDC.
>>
Too bad the game is shit.
>>
File: 1293716638062.jpg (17KB, 295x440px) Image search: [Google]
1293716638062.jpg
17KB, 295x440px
They'd probably butcher the art in some annoying way. I'd rather wait for that Dreamcast libretro core to be up to snuff and play it with some light scanlines to match the CRTs of that era anyway.
>>
>>386837489
>light scanlines to match the CRTs of that era anyway
Bait.
Literally not a single 90s an 00s TV had visible scanlines due to shadowmasks.
Scanlines are 70s tier TV garbage, good job being underage.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.