[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth getting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 81SQRD5FYVL._SL1500_.jpg (380KB, 1197x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81SQRD5FYVL._SL1500_.jpg
380KB, 1197x1500px
Is this game worth getting?
>>
>>386826498
yeah the game is great, best game I have played on my PS4 so far.
seriously, it's an underrated gem
>>
>>386826567
>>386826569
Thanks anons, I'll probably pick it up tomorrow.
>>
>>386826836
PSN summer sale atm, it is on sale
>>
>>386826498
didn't play the following but played the vanilla game last week

the parkour system is great
the combat is pretty good against zombies, meh on human enemies plus it doesn't make sense that human enemies take 30 hammer hits to the head, when you get guns it gets more bearable
story is whatever, dialogue is bad. i ended up just skipping cutscenes

probably never going to touch it again but the parkouring was fun. oh yeah and the last boss is shit
>>
Yes, base game is good, The Following is really good.
>>
>>386826498
Yep. Very tense at night. But later game everything becomes trivially easy.
>>
The Following is arguably better. However, the biggest issue is that since the area is much more open and wider there isn't much parkour going on. There are still villages and cities here and there but if you prefer the tight corridor parkour in the base game then the Following definitely has much less of that.
>>
>>386827434
That is, until you play the following with harder enemies, also on nightmare mode where all your legendary weapons make you feel like you're using rusty pipes again, and your medpacks regen health instead of a flat heal
>>
>>386827475
The lack of parkour is met with the dune buggy driving which is pretty fun.
>>
They're releasing like 10 "free DLCs" in the coming year. I'm glad to see developers support a single player focused game this long.
>>
I think it feels weird. All of it. Coming from somebody that genuinely wants to like it.
>>
>>386827740
first dlc just dropped
>>
Yeah it's pretty fun
>>
>>386826498
nah
It kills off best slut and he never got to fuck her
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
>>386828456
Jade is the best, at all points in the game
>>
I found Tolga and Fatin hilarious even though they were such assholes.
>>
does anything happen in the following after tolga and fatin smash the train through the barrier and they tell you they're alive as you're climbing the dam?
>>
how is the PC port?
>>
No. It's not good. Buy it if you like EPIC zombie killing, EPIC parkour, EPIC dubstep and EPIC ubisoft towers. It's like someone took dead island and said "You know what? This really needs more inspiration from nu far cry".
>>
>>386828456
>best slut
>not Ezgi
>>
>>386831045
PC version is fine, there are some bugs but I'm assuming that's consistent across platforms.

That being said I'm not huge into the game's combat. It's better than most first person combat games, but it's still meh. The fast zombies often land hits that just feel super unfair (had one flail near me, I jumped back and she slid forward while still in the flailing animation with her legs stationary to land a hit on me) and a lot of the enemies can feel constantly super spongy until you start getting decent weapons. You'll often try to get enemies in a position were you can kill them with the 1 shot headstomp, because trying to kill them with your melee weapon just isn't as reliable.

They try to make the game were running is better than fighting, but they do it in an annoying way. I guess it's an admirable way to make a game, but the combat being pretty mediocre just drags everything down.
>>
File: 30238790132798231311.jpg (19KB, 201x324px) Image search: [Google]
30238790132798231311.jpg
19KB, 201x324px
>YFW The nuke in the ending of The Following
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.