[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you let him live, /v/? Also Witcher 2 general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

File: letho.jpg (24KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
letho.jpg
24KB, 400x224px
Did you let him live, /v/?

Also Witcher 2 general.
>>
>>386824497
Yes, Letho did nothing wrong and you as Geralt should understand this

Share the whiskey and let him be
>>
>>386824497
Of course. He did literally nothing wrong, other than trust Emhyr.
>>
>>386824497
>Also Witcher 2 general.
>>>/vg/
>>
>>386824557
>Letho did nothing wrong
Well, he strayed from the Path and basically became a hired assassin, like the Cat faggots.
He just didn't set you up intentionally, but you can't say he did nothing wrong.
>>
People who let Letho cuck them are sad, and they only do it because they are scared of Witchers going extinct.

Real men slayed his ass for inconveniencing them. Who gives a fuck if he wasn't meaning to mess with you, he did.
>>
>>386824635
The word general has little to do with the actual definition of a general thread, kid.
>>
File: pepe frog.jpg (7KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
pepe frog.jpg
7KB, 241x209px
>>386824497

>epic setup for third game

>none of your choices from 2 matter
>half of the character plot threads get dropped (Saskia, Iorveth, John Natalis, Anais)
>Art design is worse
>Story is worse
>World design is worse
>Some gameplay elements are arguably worse

I really think 2 was the high point for the series. Probably the best interactive fantasy story in a video game ever. You even had that groovy double second act for added replay value.
>>
>>386824729

>the virgin wolf vs. the chad viper
>>
>>386824773
>Saskia, Iorveth
I'm still mad. I vastly prefered Iorveth's route in TW2.
>World design is worse
Eh, I wouldn't necessarily say that. TW2 suffered heavily from consolization, which resulted in smaller and more linear levels.
>>
>>386824897

The open zones had a Gothic feel to them, though. Very concise and full of quests.

Every single set of armor in 2 was beautiful, as well. I think maybe the bear armor and the milf guardian armor looks good in 3.
>>
>>386824838

Are you retarded?

>Geralt
>Fucks his way across the world whooping monsters ass for money and getting involved in political intrigue

>Letho
>Gets told who to kill. Kills people instead of monsters because hes a pussy. Cant scratch his own back. Roids.
>>
>>386824960
>Every single set of armor in 2 was beautiful, as well

Thats because most of the armors were cloth-based, which makes a ton of sense for a Witcher.

The third one they added a shit load of plate and it looks fucking terrible. What happened to the more witchy/whimsical styles of the second game? Where did the COLORS go?

Thank god for the Kaer Morhen armor (starting armor) and the Wolf School stuff, which is straight out of 2.
>>
>>386824960
You mean Gothic as in the game, right? Because it didn't look gothic at all.
Anyway, I personally didn't find any armor to be very well looking in any of The Witcher games, honestly.
I just feel like the consolized level structure in TW2 don't really fit the game. TW1 felt more like a classic CRPG, like NWN, which engine it was build on. I personally never even used the behind the shoulder camera in the first game, so just that transition to your typical third person action RPG view was kinda off-putting at first. And TW3's open world fits the game better than TW2's claustrophobic levels.
>>
File: tsop.gif (730KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
tsop.gif
730KB, 500x347px
>>386824729
He took care of Yennefer, even though she inconvenienced him constantly and he had no real obligation to. That alone would be enough for Geralt not to kill him.

>>386824773
>tfw they killed Saskia off in a fucking comic book

I didn't give a fuck about le Vernon Broche. Iorveth and Saskia were the two best characters in TW2. It's amazing that they fucked up so badly with them.
>>
File: whatever....jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
whatever....jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>386825256
>the Wolf School stuff, which is straight out of 2

ehhh

the little squall jacket looks dumb, I liked the nice coats in 2
>>
>>386825298

Gothic as in the games, yes.

I liked TW2 a lot better than 1 because it felt like an interactive fantasy story. Unlike most story-heavy games, though, your choices actually mattered a lot (at least in the confines of TW2). So it just felt like a very mature choose your own adventure with great characters.

1 might have been the better CRPG, but I think 2 did something much more memorable. I played both of them to completion when I was 15 (and I played TW1 before 2 was out), so take that as you will.
>>
>>386824497
He died so I could have a final boss fight
>>
File: drogon.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
drogon.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>386825469

>1 hit kills you
>>
>>386825506
>mfw alchemy build
>just facetank and mash my way through the game
>including the dragon
>>
File: blue-doublet.jpg (794KB, 2000x864px) Image search: [Google]
blue-doublet.jpg
794KB, 2000x864px
>>386825336

Its just a variation of the leather armor from 2, which was the default armor. And you could get it further reinforced which would make it look even more like 3.
>>
File: letho first fight.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
letho first fight.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
>>386825568

>one hit kills YOU

this fight was a casual filter at the time
>>
>>386825684

*also they spring it on you randomly after a 20 minute cutscene so alchemy builds are fucked if you don't remember, there was a lot of bitching about that too lel
>>
>>386825684
Well, he didn't exactly one hit me, but still, that fight was annoying as fuck.
>Quen
>bombs
>spin2win
>Quen
>bombs
>spin2win
You only had tiny windows of opportunity when you could hit him safely.
>>
>>386825746
Yeah, that was quite infuriating. Especially that part in the third act when the Nilfgaardians ambush you.
I'm glad they changed it back in 3 so you could chug potions in combat. The duration suffered as a result, but it's bearable with a full alchemy build, since it extends the duration passively.
>>
>>386825746
You also get absolutely fucked by the checkpoint system if you choose to go with Iorveth immediately and die to Letho. At least you can save right before it if you walk there on your own.
>>
File: thinking emoji.jpg (3KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
thinking emoji.jpg
3KB, 90x90px
>>386825953

I liked TW2's potion system better. If anything they should have made potions last longer to account for situations like this (or just not include cutscenes in the timer ffs you polish retards)
>>
>>386826024
It's not the timer, the potion effects lasted long enough. The cutscenes outright wiped off all your status buffs.
>>
>>386826084

Ha, I always thought it was the timer. That's just dumb.
>>
>>386824497
He was a hired gun for the Emperor, of course I killed him. He was too dangerous to be left alive.
>>
>>386824497
ofc not
foltest was your kingbro
>>
>>386827286
My ass he was.
>Geralt of Rivia
>king of Redania
Also, he basically threatens you into serving as his bodyguard after the ending of the first game.
>>
>>386825746
playing an alchemy build blind is lame because you never know when you should be drinking potions and applying oils
>>
>>386827394
nigga you probably didn't play the first game but
geralty saved him even if he didn't have to
>>
>>386824497
WHY DO YOU HOUND ME
>>
>>386827575
You probably didn't realize that, but it happened as Geralt was leaving the city. He did not intend to serve as some king's bodyguard. That's not exactly a witcher's job.
>>
File: Magic Is Gone.png (104KB, 236x378px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Is Gone.png
104KB, 236x378px
>There were people who actually killed Based Letho

Boy, I bet your playthrough of Witcher 3 was terrible.
>>
File: guy.png (258KB, 479x349px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
258KB, 479x349px
>>386824557
>I'm going to destabilize half the fucking north so the Nilfgaard can conquer it in another shitty war
>this is for the purpose of reopening the long dead Viper school so that the witchers can come home
>whoops got two of those witchers killed and there were only like four or five of them in the first place and I have no idea where they are or what they're doing now
>>
>>386824497
>Did you let him live
Of course not. There's no way I could possibly let Foltest's killer walk.
>>
*banishes your row*

heh, nothin' personnel, witcher
>>
>>386827937
You don't have a dimeritium bomb and Villentretenmerth in your deck?
>>
How could you kill Letho after talking to him at the end? The only people to fight him must be nothing but brain dead retards who literally dont pay attention/have adhd or some shit.

Killing Letho changes nothing. Not going to bring Foltest back, who you do not care about by the way, nor does killing Letho clear your name as pretty much everyone knows you didnt do it.

Plus he is a fellow witcher. You guys are a dying breed as it is. He took care of Yen, which is the biggest reason to let him go, and he was hard as fuck to fight in act1 so i definitely wasnt going to go through that bs again. I played it on the hardest difficulty everytime and he is seriously near impossible to beat.
>>
Yeah I did let him live
>>
>>386828249
I've actually been out of the loop for a while in gwent D-bomb and borkh are in meta right now?
>>
>>386828308
borkh has been downgraded, he just burns one (1) highest unit right now
and D-bomb can reset only 3 units on a row now, but still helps immensely.
But honestly dunno what's meta, i just play a Radovid spell deck and piss people off.
>>
>>386824497
Should i let an assassin that killed the only good reasonable king and framed geralt for it, go free?

I dunno really
But i do know is that i wanted an ending to the game with a boss fight, so i killed him because i was bored.
>>
>>386828503
>kings
>good
>reasonable
The northern royal pieces of shit would rather bite at each others throats even when the black ones are at their door.
The only way the north could've been united to fight back is under the wise rule of the magi.
>>
If you let Letho live, you are literally a cuck.
>>
>>386828645
What are your arguments?
>>
>>386828684
Cuck.
>>
File: punished swim.png (140KB, 291x216px) Image search: [Google]
punished swim.png
140KB, 291x216px
>>386828420
as long as you have fun anon
>>
>>386828587
Hahahaha you can fuck right off. Fuckin' magi my ass the north doesn't need that shit you useless fucks.
>>
>>386825684
If you tried fighting him like he was a normal human enemy he'd fuck you up, if just backed off and waited for a chance to hit him it became fairly doable.

The Witcher 2's combat system is pretty shit though, so this might be why.
>>
>>386828751
Not even vidya can make my shitty existence more 'fun' anon. But thanks for the warm wishes.
>>
I heard Letho out, shared a drink with him, and then I killed him. I made a promise to kill the Kingslayer and clear my name, and I keep my promises. Sure, I understood Letho's motivations, probably would have done the same in his position, but that doesn't mean that your actions don't have consequences. Even with all that in mind, I still might have let him live if he didn't imply he would beat me. So I killed him in 3 hits.
>>
>>386828751
>nu-gwent
>fun
jej. Just look at every streamer; miserable, salty, bitter, angry or just immensely autistic. Gwent LITERALLY rots your brain.
>>
>>386828503
>killed the only good reasonable king and framed geralt for it

It's not like framing Geralt was his plan. He expected Foltest to come alone for the children and be an easy kill. Geralt being there and taking the heat (and being too bored to pay attention and protect Foltest) was just a happy little coincidence.
>>
>>386829036
*tips medallion*
>>
>>386824497

I killed him because he was a retard. I also killed him because I didn't want him to fuck any more shit up than he already had
>>
File: 1501936580188.jpg (277KB, 870x790px) Image search: [Google]
1501936580188.jpg
277KB, 870x790px
>>386827753
>checking out a random ass barn
>find Letho inside

in top 3 favorite moment of series
>>
What are the best hidden stuff in the game?

> The village Witch's quest about the medallion found in the prologue
> The two shrines which change Aard and Quen
> The relic peddler tells you the sad backstory of the dude who speared the burning witch in the heart in 2
> Margot's letter to Iorveth where she talks about both the village Witch and the Elf girl who blue balls you in another sidequest.
> Letho's mom was the Nilfgaardians prisoner and likely her finding the treasure they were looking for let Loredo be in commmand of the village.

Fuck I love this game.
>>
>>386824557
>whiskey
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.