[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have absolutely nothing to do the next three days and need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: The_Rhodok_Empire.png (927KB, 1220x536px) Image search: [Google]
The_Rhodok_Empire.png
927KB, 1220x536px
I have absolutely nothing to do the next three days and need something to completely lose myself in. What are your most played single player games /v/?

Games which have hooked me in the past:
M&B: Warband
Elite Dangerous
Dragon's Dogma
Souls series
STALKER
I guess the common thread is something with a sense of progression. Going from shit tier to god tier through min-maxing and pissing away my time.
>>
You could always try one of the civ games? Civ V with the expansions and a mod or two is a great time sink.

Also, for RPG games, check out dragon age. Pretty difficult and worth the time.
>>
>>386820754
I played a good few hours of Civ IV. Also played through DA:O and (sadly) 2. Is Inquisition worth the look? All the bad press over the SJW agenda and awful dialogue animations deterred me until this point.
>>
faster than light
>>
>>386821052

inquisition sucks

Play Jade Empire if you want a Bioware game, else I'd recommend Hitman (2016) or maybe State of Decay
>>
>>386820472
Dwarf Fortress
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-15-13-43-27.png (743KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-15-13-43-27.png
743KB, 1080x1920px
Starsector, aka Mountain blade in space (only different).
Space Rangers 1 or 2, aka jankier and more russian
Escape Velocity, fukn classic, probably mac only
Diablo/torchlight/grim dawn/arpg insert
Rogue like of your choice
Quake/Doom
Erador masters of the broken world, turn based conquering
Mechcommander, control a merc company including salvage rights
Open Transport Tycoon
Drox Operative
Distant Worlds
SkyRoads
>>
>>386821312
How's the learning curve? Will I finally get it down and start enjoying it on Sunday? I'm not retarded, but these games seem to require a couple hours of research before starting to get it right.
>>
If you can handle the simplistic graphics, Tales of Maj'Eyal is great. Tons of shit to find and unlock in that game. I put about 70 hours into it, and I haven't even unlocked half the classes.
>>
>>386821052
Inquisition is honestly a hit or miss with most people and considering you got turned off by the minor things in the plot, you probably won't enjoy it. But it's combat is probably the best and most strategic in the series and crafting armor/weapons is fun.
>>
>>386821506
Play adventure mode and reference the wiki page for it. I mastered that mode in a few hours and fortress mode in 2 days, so I'd recommend just playing adventure mode for now. The first few times are always the most fun, anyway.
>>
>>386821506
Dedicate 3 hours to the intro guide on the wiki.
After an hour you'll already feel like you're getting the hang of it.
>>
>>386821312
>>386821726
>>386821869
I'm definitely leaning Dwarf Fortress now. How does it compare to Rimworld? Never tried either one, but a friend of mine highly recommends Rimworld.
>>
>>386822041
Rimworld is a more cohesive game experience but lacks narrative depth.
Dwarf Fortress is not balanced or designed from a gameplay perspective but has amazing procedural generated history and relationships and autistic attention to detail.

Basically, Rimworld is a game, Dwarf Fortress is a fantasy world simulator that happens to have gameplay elements.
>>
>>386820472
You play Fallout New Vegas yet? It's not exactly anything like the games you listed, but it's a fucking fantastic single player game with great mods to boot. I'm 160 hours in on my second play through and I still haven't touched most of the DLC and I somehow missed huge swathes of locations and interesting quests. I'm still enjoying the storyline in new and different ways and there are few things that I do that make me feel bored or as if what I'm doing is a chore due to my previous play through. Definitely would give it a try.
>>
>>386822259
Yeah I've tried New Vegas like three different times now. Each time I ended up losing like two or three hours of progress due to my lack of quicksaving and just never cared to finish. Thanks for the suggestion though.
>>
>>386822404
>he doesn't hit F5 every 5 seconds
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.