[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these a good way to get into Mega Man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: Mega Man Legacy Combo.jpg (407KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Man Legacy Combo.jpg
407KB, 850x850px
Are these a good way to get into Mega Man?
>>
>>386811290
What a stupid question. It's every numbered megaman game. Of course it is; I would reccomend skipping the second one if you want to save money
>>
Yes, start with MM2 since it's the easiest.

3 is the best, objectively objective fact.
>>
>>386811290
i cant speak for getting into the games, since im the biggest megaman fan around, but they are a great representation of the games as a whole. Play them. and if you are the type to enjoy megaman, then you will enjoy these. Because they are megaman...
>>
>>386811290
oh and dont play megaman one. DONT.
>>
>>386811509
>>386811634
Okay, just heard the emulation wasn't too good, that was all
>>
>>386811713
I started with MM1 and still think it's the best one.
>>
If you can, get the PSone ports of the NES games, those are the definitive ways to play those titles.

Otherwise, the Legacy Collections aren't bad, just lacking. Also, there's zero fucking excuse for 8 on LC2 to be the fucking PSone and not Saturn version.
>>
>>386811584
>>386811713
Fags.

Play Mega Man 1 or don't play anything.
>>
Legends Collection when
>>
>>386811839
>>386811804
Megaman 1 is too frustrating for a first timer.

I started on 3 as a kid and even that kicked my ass.
>>
No. Because you still need to play Megaman and Bass which neither doesn't have.
>>
>>386811796
yeah the controls arent the best, they move over kind of weird but it isnt really bad
>>
>>386811927
>need to play Megaman and Bass
Wrong.
>>
>>386811927
Mega Man & Bass is crap anyway so who gives a shit
>>
>>386811907
No it isn't. You're blowing shit up, jumping over pits, climbing ladders and stealing powers. It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>386811961
Right.
>>
>>386811981
That game sucks bro
>>
File: 0mtr-1431836320-228377-256.png (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
0mtr-1431836320-228377-256.png
12KB, 256x256px
>>386811968
Overall it's terrible, but the parts that are good are really good. Pic related.
>>
>>386811839
MM1 had that dumbass point system. It was arbitrary. not a good game. Megaman 2 took the redeemable qualitys of MM1 and expanded. And the later ones expanded on the difficult.
>>
>>386811796
>just heard the emulation wasn't too good

You heard right, look it up before falling for the shills.
>>
>>386811584
>>386811713
>>386811907
MM1 is one of the weaker games, but you people need to stop blowing it out of proportion. It's a fine game.

>>386812141
You talk like this "system" impacted the game. The points were worthless, they didn't matter. They could be totally ignored. How does the game giving you points DETRACT from the game?
>>
>>386812051
Wrong.

It's okay. It's the one of the weaker classic games and hard for all the wrong reasons. But I think everyone who even wants to play classic at least think about playing it. For the same I think people should probably play X7. that is because you should experience it for yourself even if you don't finish it.
>>
>>386812141
Meanwhile MM1 had the most memorable stages and bosses. A bit more important than whether it has a point system or not IMHO
>>
File: megamanroll.jpg (86KB, 274x326px) Image search: [Google]
megamanroll.jpg
86KB, 274x326px
>>386812483
just play Megaman powered up if you crave the bad ass designs
>>
>>386811584
>3 is the best
3 is one of the worst, it's slightly better than 1.

>Shitty doc robot stages that not only reuse the same levels you just completed, but reuse bosses from the previous games to pad its length
>Reuses the Yellow Devil
>Worst slowdown and sprite flickering out of all the NES Megaman titles
>Wily Stages are littered to the brim with free E-tanks and 1-ups as the game apologizing to the player for its awful level design
>Gay robot master designs
>Some of the shittiest weapons in the series
>Some of the weapons make you a sitting duck who can't shoot after using the weapon (geminiman and snakeman's weapons)
>>
The problem with Mega Man 1 is the awful jumping physics. You can most notice it in Gutsman's stage, with the dropping platforms. You drop a lot faster when you're falling than when you're landing from a jump, and that screws you up. It's very challenging because of that. Also a lot of the boss powers are literally useless, and if you don't get the magnet beam power-up in elec man's stage the game is literally uncompleteable.

The problem with Legacy Collection 2 is 7 and 8 are the weakest games in the series, not from a fault like Mega Man 1, but just being underwhelming in general.
>>
>>386811943
>yeah the controls arent the best, they move over kind of weird but it isnt really bad
That's an understatement.

>Game made for tight controls
>Delay on almost every input
>>
>>386812642
That remake was worse than the PC version. Get that chibi crap out of my face.
>>
>>386812774
What version? PS4 inputs are fine.
>>
anyone who doesn't say mm2 is the best for the intro alone is an idiot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9DST_M_g8
>>
>>386812681
3 is good but fuck snake man, I CANNOT kill that asshole and it ruins it. I feel like no amount of skill helps me.
>>
>>386812698
Megaman 8 has my favorite classic megaman soundtrack. I think a lot of people give it flack for the voice acting, but that doesn't really affect the gameplay which is mostly solid.
>>
>>386812698
They're all like that, if you run out of crash in 2 or jet in 3 you can't progress.

MM1's jump physics are fine, the fastfall only happens when you're dead regardless.
>>
>>386812826
PS4 inputs are the worst out of all the ports!!
>>
>>386811290
Try emulating the megaman and x collections on gamecube.
>>
>>386812824
dont tell me you dont wanna fuck that chibi loli roll
>>
>>386812941
Did you have the patch? I played it yesterday and it was fine.
>>386812892
Mega Man 8 is unappreciated for its relaxing aesthetic and pace.
>>
>>386813084
no i recently moved to PC so i havent played it lately on there, when was patch?
>>
>>386813031
Shut up, you disgusting pedophile. Roll is barely even in the franchise. Sniper Joe and the Mets have a bigger role.
>>
>>386813165
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2016/03/mega-man-legacy-collection-ps4-patched.html
>>
>>386813186
>loli
>pedophile
Found the pedogaf
>>
>>386812681
Not to mention all the doc robots boss fights were inferior to the MM2 ones. The Quick Man doc robot is complete bullshit because he's so huge he's almost impossible to dodge and jump over and does like 30% of your health with contact damage. Or the Wood Man doc robot that has no animation when he fires the leaves.
>>
>>
File: wood.png (2KB, 88x88px) Image search: [Google]
wood.png
2KB, 88x88px
>>386813706
What's wrong with hard bosses? MM3 is better than 2 because it provides a challenge.
>>
>>386813957
>Reuse the same level design but place spikes everywhere
>Reuse a boss from a previous game at the midway point of the level but then take all fun away from the boss encounters
>Force the player to learn an entirely new weakness order on the spot
>If they die they don't go back to the corridor but the beginning of the level
>Some weapons make it impossible to pause or defend yourself while they're active
>Literally impossible to land the top spin without hurting yourself
>Running out of rush jet energy will make you have to game over in multiple areas of the game
This is poor design. Guzzling E-tanks every time you're about to die because the game throws them at you every chance it gets isn't a challenge anyways.
>>
>>386813276
This is good to know since I was wondering how they ran and if the games got any patch support to iron out the controls. Figured I would stick to the Anniversary Collection plus 9 and 10 on PS3, but having them all in one place might be nice.
>>
>>386812826
In the first collection, the inputs and timing are off by a mile.

The idea is to shoot a bullet, then move forward, and have the enemy get hit. Instead, it's shoot a bullet, then try to hop forward, while immediately hopping out of the way of the enemies bullets.
>>
>>386814561
E-tanks are extremely rare, there aren't enough to deal with a 20th of the bosses in the game and that's not even counting the difficult stages.

Your other arguments are stupid. "Force the player to learn an entirely new weakness order on the spot", what, like every other game ever?
>>
>>386814887
>E-tanks are extremely rare
Go replay Mega Man 3. The Wily stages in particular are the worst about E-tanks. Hell, Mega Man 3 increased the max amount of E-tanks to 9.

It's not like you need an E-tank for every boss, most of them are easy and if you're not spamming E-tanks you'll be fighting the bosses in bullet time because the game has terrible slow down. Its just the poorly made doc robot bosses that are the issue.
>>
>>386812483
MM1 has incredibly generic stages, tbqh. It's mostly ladders and long platforming segments that drag on for longer than is reasonable.
>>
>>386816779
They're super memorable. Like you said, Elecman's entirely vertical stage, Iceman's disappearing blocks and flying goblins, Gutsman's elevators etc.
>>
>>386816921
Visually, they are all very generic looking, without strong themes at all.

>Cutman's stage
It's a city, but there are scissors here and there I guess.
>Elecman's stage
It's a city, but there's electric traps you have to sit and wait around for
>Bombman's stage
It's... some kind of city?

Yeah, real memorable.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.