[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

What went wrong?
>>
>>386811201
The graphics
>>
Nothing. Gameplay was solid. It was a Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario crossover and that's all the story needed to be. Having Donut Steels would have been unnecessary.
>>
>>386811201
Ass gameplay, boring and uninteresting setting and characters.
>>
>>386811201
People wanted the OCs to appear, and they didn't. SImple as that.
>>
>>386811494
The gameplay was as solid as ever, and the tutorials were kept to a minimum. It was the generic ass setting that killed it. It was better than dream team though in my opinion
>>
File: 1492833477725.jpg (61KB, 658x955px) Image search: [Google]
1492833477725.jpg
61KB, 658x955px
I miss the days when Nintendo dared do something new and not rehashed the same stuff over and over. Odyssey please be good.
>>
>>386811632
>long ass drawn out special moves
>Y command for Paper Mario was awful
Nah, game was junk.
Forgettable junk at that.

Dream Team was much better.
>>
>>386811494
>Ass gameplay,
Nigga what? In terms of core gameplay it's the best it's ever been. Now it's one thing if you're talking the minigame and such. But what's wrong with the actual battle system? Did you not like the cards?
>>
File: 7OnF6PA58Q-6.png (16KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
7OnF6PA58Q-6.png
16KB, 300x250px
What's the worthwhile games to pick up in this series? I haven't played one since SSS and kind of want to get back in before the inevitable buyer's remorse hits me from the remake.
>>
>>386811793
They're all decent except partners in time
>>
>>386811860

Did it get too gimmicky or anything after SSS? I'll happily grab the rest of the series as long as they didn't go too far down the Paper Mario road. I want some new autism, but I just can't bring myself to buy a Switch.
>>
This is the first game I've outright dropped in years.

I couldn't take any more after King Boo.

>>386812286
None of the games are anywhere near as good as SSS. Dream Team is okay, Bowser's Inside Story is fine and has great music.
>>
>>386811201
Gameplay was the only interesting aspect of the game. Literally everything else felt soulless and uninspired.
>>
>>386811793
I think most people would peg either SSS or BIS as the best game in the series, and both are certainly worth playing.
>>386812408
I'm with you there, I couldn't believe I was so bored with the game that I actually dropped it.
>>
>>386812408
>None of the games are anywhere near as good as SSS.
have to say that i disagree with that. i'd say that those 3 are relatively close in quality. SSS has shit balancing that makes the game an utter cakewalk, and a lot of enemies have attack patterns that are too simplistic. that being said it does have my favourite special attacks in the series, and i really like the thunder/fire hand concepts though i wish they were implemented better in battle.
>>
>>386812408

Alright. I've heard enough good about Inside Story that I'll grab it for sure. Just need some games to feed my Mario autism. I can't bring myself to buy a Switch yet, but I can't seem to hop off Nintendo's decrepit dick either.
>>
>>386812408
I would argue that Bowsers Inside Story is on par with Super Star
>>
>>386811201
Good gameplay undermined by the massive amount of horrible minigames.
>>
>>386811201
it's a bad game, the reason why the bosses were "difficult" it's because you're supposed to use the cards
>>
>FIND THE PAPER TOADS
>FIND THE PAPER TOADS
>FIND THE PAPER TOADS
>FIND THE PAPER TOADS
>>
File: Paper jam's toad epidemic.jpg (654KB, 1537x2138px) Image search: [Google]
Paper jam's toad epidemic.jpg
654KB, 1537x2138px
>>386813705
>>
>>386813705
Jesus christ anon, I'd repressed that shit.
>>
>>386811793
Wait for Superstar's remake to come out in two months, but its basically SSS, and BiS.
The rest are mileage may vary. PiT is the worst in the series, but its still a good game. If you can, play the EU version since the bosses in the American version have a shitton of health. DT is solid, even if it does drag on at some points, and it never seems like the game ever stops with "tutorials" because they're always introducing new things 25 hours into the game.
>>
>>386811201
DUDE TOADS LMAO
>>
>That fucking toad finding mission at that Mount Brr. town
I fucking hate it, I can't even find the last one.
>>
>>386812408
>None of the games are anywhere near as good as SSS
SSS is overrated as fuck, and despite what nostalgiafags like to claim, it has its own fair share of flaws just like the rest of the series.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.