[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Western of Loathing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1382.png (85KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1382.png
85KB, 512x512px
Game's out, is it good?
Also what do people thing of Kingdom of loathing?
>>
>>386806087

The game is great. If you explore you can find tons of stuff to do sorta like KOL.
>>
>>386806087
Kingdom of Loathing is a huge nostalgia thing for me, but I'm not sure I would pay for a game based on it.
>>
I didn't like it (pirate), the slightly amusing writing didn't make up for simplistic repetitious combat.

Here's some tips anyway:

Bump into EVERYTHING, there are a huge amounts of secrets

Bump in cacti multiple times to get a perk giving extra HP

You can learn to speak goblin in the tutorial area

There are 3 companion available in the tutorial area, the mad prospector, the cowgirl at the bar, and the doctor. Which one you pick determines the storyline and end-boss ( I think), the horse determines encounters (I think) I picked the doctor, resulting in a quest to destroy a lich, I also picked the spooky horse resulting in more undead spawns (I think) which was convenient as the doctor gains abilities effective against them when she levels up enough.
>>
>>386806951
>Bump into EVERYTHING, there are a huge amounts of secrets

And talk to everyone repeatedly.
>>
File: 1502060536541.jpg (208KB, 770x998px) Image search: [Google]
1502060536541.jpg
208KB, 770x998px
>log into KoL every once in a while and bet all my meat on the money making game
>won like 5 times in a row and I'm sitting on 140 million meat for a game I don't play
>>
I forgot about this. I spent a good 10 years on KoL, excellent game. Probably the best RPG I've ever played. I just got burned out on it.
>>
I enjoyed KoL 10~ years ago, but I'm not really sure I'd be into that sort of thing anymore.

Best to keep good memories as such.
>>
>>386807247

It's a singleplayer RPG, not a browser game with moves-per-day.
>>
>>386806087
i would only play it if that stick figure had tits and anime eyes and it was called east of loathing
>>
>>386807435

>implying that wont be the next game
>>
>>386806951

Don't forget

Flush every toilet.
>>
I remember seeing this a long time ago and getting really hyped. Looking at it now though, this is just bad
>>
File: 20170810210053_1.jpg (71KB, 1083x305px) Image search: [Google]
20170810210053_1.jpg
71KB, 1083x305px
Where do you get the third dynamite in the starting town?
>>
>>386809092
Knowing them... Is there a Jimmy Walker around?
>>
anyone know how to get through the Millerny>
>>
File: file.png (622KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
622KB, 1920x1080px
My stats are all fucked up.
>>
File: ideas.gif (148KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
ideas.gif
148KB, 533x400px
I did a 4 and then 3 day HC ascension. After that I hit a brick wall and quit.

I do sincerely love the game and am sad it's not more popular. Which is weird I can only guess it's about graphics since the game is both casual enough to entertain normies and hard enough that you can get really deep into it.

>mfw flow charts and turn times to optimize runs
>>
>>386806087
I loved the original KoL, played it for years. I especially loved the ascension system; you could choose between doing endgame content or running the game again under restrictions to get cool stuff for endgame. The community was great, too; one guild had a giveaway where they hid items in a little fan-game that played like the real game.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.