[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are the PS3 Disgaea games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 41

File: D4_Special_Edition_high2.jpg (356KB, 1522x1753px) Image search: [Google]
D4_Special_Edition_high2.jpg
356KB, 1522x1753px
How are the PS3 Disgaea games?
>>
File: d3.jpg (103KB, 480x678px) Image search: [Google]
d3.jpg
103KB, 480x678px
>>386802637
not terrible, but they severely lack in content compared to vita versions
completely playable tho, so if you can get them for cheap - do that. If not, probably getting Vita TV (or how that abomination is called) and Vita Disgaea 3 and 4 will be cheaper than getting all DLCs for PS3 versions
>>
>>386803012
>>386802637
There is also DD2 for PS3 only, it's terrible writing wise, west release still has some bugs (load your save file twice to avoid most of them), and as far I know physical has less issues.
Mechanically wise not much problem with gameplay there.
>>
>>386803012
thats what i did , got one only to play disgaea games. ended up getting final fantasy 1-9 on sale as well
>>
>>386804168
from what I've seen they are also dirt cheap and hackable (no?). Seems like must have if you don't have budget for Vita.
>>
The only disgaea game worth playing is the first, play other NIS srpgs instead
>>
>>386806016
I recently started replaying Disgaea 1 to get other endings after finishing most of 5.
Disgaea 1 certainly is a great game, no question about it. But the overall idea it has carries over all other Disgaea games pretty flawlessly gameplay wise. Makes no sense to skip other Disgaea games honestly cause let's be honest - people love "more of the same" types of series. Even if other NIS sRPG are great as well but for other reasons.
>>
File: 92.gif (10KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
92.gif
10KB, 300x100px
>>
File: Axel.(Disgaea).full.1053077.jpg (253KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
Axel.(Disgaea).full.1053077.jpg
253KB, 600x745px
I guess we can't get today comfy disgaea thread going
>>
>>386803235
Monster riding wasn't very popular but it was cute to see your humanoids riding on the backs of monster.
>>
File: EvilRangerPink.png (2KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
EvilRangerPink.png
2KB, 64x64px
>>386810221
Monsters are not popular in general, I hardly ever used them aside of very specific ones.
>>
>>386811587
Which ones do you like to use?
>>
>>386802637
4 is good, 3 will make your eyes bleed unless there's been an HD remaster.
>>
File: DD2_Armor_Knight.png (177KB, 368x561px) Image search: [Google]
DD2_Armor_Knight.png
177KB, 368x561px
The one good thing about DD2 other than the cheat shop
>>
>>386803012
D3 has some issues when played on VitaTV though, namely error messages popping up due to the VitaTV not having GPS function.
>>
>>386803012
Disgaea 4 is shit on the Vita. Runs like shit and they had to remove a lot of things.
>>
>>386802637
4 was shit, the humor just wasent there, found the cast unlikable
never got to play 3
>>
>>386812197
Story ones, basically one per game - Thursday, EvilRangerPink, Rasberyl, Desco, Usalia.

Generics more rarely, Galactic Demons, Rifle Demons, Rabbit and Ninetails.
>>
File: D1_Nosferatu_Concept.jpg (246KB, 1092x722px) Image search: [Google]
D1_Nosferatu_Concept.jpg
246KB, 1092x722px
>>386812439
Lowres sprites have their own charm
>>386812493
First time me hearing of this, I thought it was alright fir VitaTV.
Sorry then
>>386812503
It runs like shit mostly in item world, but yeah it's a pain
First time hearing about removed stuff - can you elaborate on that?
>>
>>386812653
You might want to give the Floral Beast a try sometime. Floral Beasts are better healers then the healer class due to being able to heal and attack, both physically and magically.
>>386812773
I really want the Vampire to return.
>>
>>386812845
>Floral Beast
Hm, worth a shot.
I'll call it Vulcanus
>>
File: Disgaea-5-Characters.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Disgaea-5-Characters.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
>>386802637
Confession Time:
The only Disgaea where I beat Baal is Disgaea1 PS2 version

Disgaea 2 story was so boring I didn't bother with Land of Carnage and such

Disgaea 3 was boring and infuriating but I trudged through it, however I quit when I spent 90 hours just looking for pirates and ticket sellers but never encountered a single one

Disgaea D2: I was around item world running for equipment for Baal but PS3 died.

Disgaea 5: I was starting to item world running and getting to fight the neccessary boss for level 500+ items but I sold my things including PS4 for my mom's surgery and I can't be assed to buy a new PS4 or Switch.

Disgaea 4: currently trying it for the 4th time. the 1st time my PS3 died. the 2nd time was with Vita fat, but I sold it because the constant wire breaking down infuriated me. The 3rd time is with a vita slim, I already made a few characters around 50M stats, but I mistakenly erased it because of the micro sd card adaptor thing
>>
>>386813353
Sounds like rough luck, anon. I'm surprised that you couldn't find pirates with tickets in D3 tho. I'd say there were too many of them in my playthru.
Is your mom ok now?
>>
>>386812773
>Lowres sprites have their own charm
Lowres sprites are fine if you are playing on a PS2 on a CRT. They will make your eyes bleed on an HDTV.
>>
>>386813353
>I spent 90 hours just looking for pirates and ticket sellers but never encountered a single one
The tickets are the absolute worst. when you don't have the money, they appear all the time, and when you do, you never see them again.
>>
>>386812462
I agree, that bulge is delish
>>
File: Female_Fighter_Sketch_d3.jpg (188KB, 1000x629px) Image search: [Google]
Female_Fighter_Sketch_d3.jpg
188KB, 1000x629px
>>386813662
fair point, I played D3 on Vita, so didn't bother me as much, however looking at screenshots of Disgaea 1 and 2 on Steam I see what you mean now.
I'll miss lowres screens.
>>
>>386812845
Also % healing passive + raw healing. Scales beautifully regardless of HP levels.
>>
File: 4-Priere.jpg (11KB, 113x126px) Image search: [Google]
4-Priere.jpg
11KB, 113x126px
>>386812845
>healing
>in Disgaea
>>
>>386814096
Disgaea 5 healers are quite viable now since they up the exp from healing and able to gain mana from healing.

still, its beater to make a mage then reincarnate to a healer.
>>
>>386814096
Its pretty useful in the earlier portions of the game, especially if you want to tackle the item world. Besides the main draw is they can heal and attack/be good maigichange buddies.
>>
>>386813638
She's fine now, but I don't know if I still have the stomach to play D4 again.
>>
I now want to make a sentai run. Who/what classes make up the team.
>>
>>386814615
A prinny
>>
>>386814490
Well one of these days you'll understand the power of sardines
and maybe you'll finally like dreamy girl
>>386814615
Prism Rangers
>>
>>386814615
Fuka and Desco
>>
How is the steam release of D1?
>>
>>386815136
definitive version as far I know, but I still prefer playin it on PSP
>>
>>386814737
actually, I like the D4 cast the most. they are not extremely funny, but they are consistently humorous and keep the humor going unlike other Disgaea where some chapters have no humor at all

the reason I am dreading playing it again is the thought of grinding chara world for the aptitudes
>>
What did you guys think of The Guided Fate Paradox?
>>
>>386815581
yeah, I like D4 too, thought you were just annoyed by characters at first.
Actually I had similar experience with other game, I kept constantly losing saves for SRW OG 1 for GBA, some of them were at the end of the game already. Took me years to finally get to it and beat it.
So I get ya. Just take a break, play something else. D4 won't go anywere anyway. There are other nice sRPGs around.
For example you didn't play Etna mode in Disgaea 1, it's pretty great. D2 - did you check Axel mode?
>>386815729
it was a mistake
>>
>>386815729
one of the better rouge-like dungeon mechanics.
but as a whole package game, its middle of the road for me. there's nothing to do than dungeon running.

The best roguelike game for me is still Azure Dreams.
>>
>>386816284
one part of the problem with guided fate, is that people wanted toku but got haruhi
>>
So, 6 when?
>>
File: DEwO2xeU0AAaC-N.jpg (192KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
DEwO2xeU0AAaC-N.jpg
192KB, 960x720px
>>386817035
Hopefully will be announced next year with 25th NIS anniversary hitting
meanwhile enjoy living with realization that Makai Wars is real and it's a mobile gacha game.
>>
>>386802637
DD2 is the only true exclusive, and while it is good, the story is rubbish, and it really exists only as fanservice to oldfags of the series. The gameplay is alright, and it does have the hardest Baal fight in the series by a wide, wide margin. This is seriously a Demi-Fiend tier boss-fight, no joke.
Otherwise, D3 and D4 are good, but there is no reason to play them when the Vita versions exist.

>>386810221
It was an okay strategy, the main flaw was that some monsters had literally no reason to ever be a mount. Things like the Rifle Demon, Ifrit, and Succubus were loads better than the thing you mounted on them, usually, while shit like the Slime worked only as a cheap way to keep your mages alive.
>>
>>386817470
>it really exists only as fanservice to oldfags of the series
I'm pretty sure Disgaea 1 fans don't want to accept it exists.
>>
>>386812197
In general, the Flora Beast is a no-brainer, it's infinitely better than any standard healer and its focus on spells irons out the main flaw with monsterdom. The Rifle Demon, Dragon Zombie, and Mothman are generally very valuable monsters, even if the Mothman is ultimately replaced by the Masked Hero.
The Rifle Demon in particular has a very interesting niche as the hardest hitting physical ranged unit until postgame kicks in, but also in its unusually decent Res stat, making it a perfect mage hunter alongside its typical bruiser/artillery piece role.
Disgaea 2, 3, and 4 actually had the Prinny as a surprisingly good unit. They were bouncy as fuck, and had very good skills at reasonable levels. D4 in particular had the Prinny as the very first S rank skill attainable, with good range.
Disgaea 5 specifically, the Nether Noble is fan-fucking-tastic from the moment you get it up until the final boss, and even makes a half-decent postgame unit.
The story monsters are all generally good. Thursday is debatable, and only Taro is good in D2, but Beryl, Desco, and Usalia are all top-shelf units. Desco and Usalia in particular are absolute, well, monsters in their games. If counting DLC, Overlord Priere is a reliable face-smasher, Metallia is just broken, Gig is generally fantastic, and Marjoly is always at least good.
Personally, I'm partial to the Great Wyrm/Ifrit/Dragon King, I always try to get one when I can. They aren't always great, sometimes my boy gets stuck as a support unit come post-game, but I always have one.
>>
File: 1472846640171.jpg (114KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472846640171.jpg
114KB, 1600x900px
>>386802637
Like Disgaea on PS3.
It's the same game on a different hardware, it's always been.
Prinny is the best Disgaea.
>>
3 is a little stale but 4 is excellent and should be played by pretty much and JRPG fan

D2's writing just takes a horrid dive about 1/4th of the way through but the gameplay is fine

All three have DLC (especially 3) so keep that in mind
>>
File: 1495340279127.png (225KB, 1090x1459px) Image search: [Google]
1495340279127.png
225KB, 1090x1459px
>>386814096
>Not bring along cute healers
>>
>>386814615
>Play Disgaea 4 Vita
>Use the code to get the DLC early
Second-rate Sentai team is Prism Red, Prism Blue, Prism Yellow and maybe Green as you unlock them, Pirohiko, and NISA. Maybe a Kunoichi.
But maybe you want to go further. Maybe you are a true madman?
>Do a barebones run of the game, solo it with like, some generics, or DLC characters you don't care about. Don't use story characters.
>Make sure to get Prism Red, Pirohiko, and NISA early, but don't use the,
>Get to postgame
>Unlock Masked Hero class, and all of the ranks of Prism Ranger
>Give all your money to senators, empty out your warehouse, delete/store all your good characters
>NG+
>Play with Prism Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet, Pirohiko, a Masked Hero, and either NISA or another Masked Hero, or a Scientist, or a Cu Sith
You can live the dream if you really want it hard enough. I actually did a similar run, but couldn't use Pirohiko since I used him for the main playthrough, since I didn't plan ahead.
>>
File: aFuN7EO.png (281KB, 915x689px) Image search: [Google]
aFuN7EO.png
281KB, 915x689px
>>386818307
Heyyy it's the unit analysis guy! I love your posts.
What's your opinion on the Death Saber? I used one (Pink) in Disgaea 2 DHD and she was outstanding.
>ability boosted her attack by panels moved
>basically the monster version of the ninja and had movement out the ass
>had a move that healed as well as did damage
>could hit those hard to reach places with a 4 rang panel move
She was so good that her Disgaea 4 incarnation depresses me, she loses the self healing move and the movement based buff ability and instead becomes a Counter Killer, which, while novel, isn't gonna be landing those hard hits like her DHD self, she's still the perfect backup to Axel, though they sort of step on each other's toes in terms of strengths.
Another question, out of the whole series, what do you think the best power, best tank, and best utility monster units are?
I'm not sure about Power and Tank (Taro?) but D2 Tink HAS to be the best utility unit in the series as an Item World Clearer who can turn into an intense damage dealer who dodges the majority of attacks aimed at him with only 1 turn of setup.
>>
>>386813353
Ive never beaten him at all and I consider myself a Disgaea fan (Ive beaten every single on incl. spin-offs) every time I set out to do it I just get bored of endlessly grinding I have no idea why, so don't worry.
>>
>>386815729
Not as good as Z.H.P, not by a long shot, but an okay substitute to scratch that rougelike itch.
The story/writing was trash though, and it really, REALLY hurt the game when they decided every single floor transition needed yet another worthless infodump conversation between angels that informs you of nothing, nor does it offer insight into their characters.
I think the dub voice of Liliel gets too much flak though. I would be willing to bet she was actually instructed to make that stilted ass performance for some strange reason rather than her just being shit.

I did like that it separated your hunger meter and SP, and made specials much more casual.
The survival dungeon was utter BS, even if Minamo was probably totally worth it. I did not like how your outfits in general were less "tranformative" than Z.H.P
>>
>>386817149
Seraphina is pushed off to the side and partially cut off
Good
>>
>>386819773
not harada's artwork, quality suffered.
>>
>>386802637
disgaea 3 should have been a ps2 title but put it on the ps3 instead. thats why it looks so awful.
>>
File: TGFP_Kuroiel_Bust.png (885KB, 618x1564px) Image search: [Google]
TGFP_Kuroiel_Bust.png
885KB, 618x1564px
>>386819445
As someone who adored ZHP, GFP made me mad with how shit it was. It looked gorgeous but the story and characters were so bad I didn't even wanna touch postgame, despite sinking a million hours into ZHP. I get that ZHP sold like ass, and they were hoping to get sales with the harem angle, but fuck.
What sucks is that they have a top tier NIS girl trapped in the worst NIS game.
>>
>>386819773
Seraphina is a gud girl who dindu nuffin
>>
still no news about new ports for pc
if we get ever get another port I really hope it won't be D3
>>
>>386819185
The Disgaea 2 Death Saber was pretty great, and Disgaea 2 was a great time to be a good monster.
The D4 one had (I could be remembering) a niche in being the most damaging flying monster, but that was hindered by that only being relevant in the Vita version. It did have a neat evility in Playing Dead, though.

D1, the best, and really only monsters worth using were Flonne's Dragon (Pain in the ass to capture, but worth it. Waiting to create one just wasn't worth it), Galactic Demons, and Thursday. Great Wyrms to a much lower, and gimmicky extent, as they were the best capture units in the game, and thus the fastest road to beating Baal. Galactic Demons with as few as 2 good reincarnations under their belt absolutely shitstomp the entire game, up to and including Baal, albiet very, very slowly. Thursday was a gimmick, make no mistake, but was capable of attaining the highest Attack in the game, before even factoring in his ability to steal stats.
Disgaea 2, Prinnys were good for the main story, the Dragon was good for most of it, and the Wood Golem and Dragon Zombie were top-shelf. The Wood Golem can actually hit invincible levels come post game, as nothing can possibly take down that much bulk, and it heals itself passively, which gets better with Lovers, if I remember correctly. If playing DHD, the Ifrits were great, especially because of their ability, and so were Deathsabers.
Disgaea 3, monsters took a beating. Early monsters are complete trash, only the Mothman has any place on your team as a runner, and of mid-tier monsters, only the Flora Beast and Succubus were worth using. The Dragon Zombie had a serious niche in being one of the few units in the game that can actually survive more than one hit, so long as you look out for wind. It also marked the beginning of the Rifle Demon's journey of being good, also helped by the fact that it was a unit that could probably survive one hit.
Probably more incoming.
>>
>>386820603
If you used DLC, the Nekomata was good, but the Dragon was garbage. It had an awkward stat and aptitude progression, meaning the tier 1 Dragon was on par with stuff like the tier-1 Orc, but the tier 6 dragon was actually a tad better than the tier 6 of other endgame monsters. It had endgame monster skill progression though, so that just meant you had a basic attack chump for like, 30 levels, except with shit stats.
Vita introduces the Mass-Produced Desco which, while not nearly as broken as the original, are still ridiculously strong.

Disgaea 4, monsters see a minor renaissance, thanks to fusion, better magichange effects, shenanigans through their dual evility slots, and general improvement of their skills. The Prinny in particular stands out, as it has solid stats, and just keeps getting better skills. My first run of D4, one of the prinnies you get for free, autonamed Uppercuticus, was my endgame MVP by a wide margin. The Mothman fell from favor though, as for everything the monsters got, the Masked Hero just got better. Again, the Dragon Zombie is as close to unbreakable as you can get in this game, the Rifle Demon stayed good, but what really, really changed was in uniques.
Desco was an absolute murder machine that made the Zombie class viable, entirely so it can fuse with her to give her effectively infinite turns as a giant, so long as she can keep killing, and didn't kill too many things by carpet bombing them with her silly AOE skills.
Second, Gig. Gig wasn't THAT op as a monster, but he was absolutely, ridiculously, impossibly busted as a Magichange weapon. A Giant Demon Blast was absolutely devastating, and you could get 2 per turn. 4 if playing Vita.
You could also play smaller shenanigans with evilities, my personal favorite was combining Fortitude with (Uncertain name) the Android's Recovery (100% HP restoration if you start a turn with low health) to make any monster unkillable by Baal.
>>
File: Illustration_pb01.jpg (630KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Illustration_pb01.jpg
630KB, 675x1000px
what do you guys think about phantom brave?
>>
I hope they will remake D2 some day
I dont wanna play it on my PS3
>>
>>386821569
why
just make new game
with better writing with no relation to previous
>>
File: b8f33e918686829d35db734a6799ad5b.png (715KB, 1502x889px) Image search: [Google]
b8f33e918686829d35db734a6799ad5b.png
715KB, 1502x889px
Prier is best girl.
>>
>>386821669
A remake or extended port would take NIS way less time and effort to make compared to a new installment
I dunno if they have several teams, but if they do they could let one team work on a new game while another one does a remake of D2

also fuck me for forgetting to clear my name field
>>
>>386820603
>>386821430
What a good writeup! Speaking of Disgaea 4 Evilites, what I liked to do was M-Change Gig onto Ash, Ash, when confined, would get a 50% attack boost, and then with his other Evility that doubles his attack on the last turn of Magichange, coupled with Gig being busted as fuck as a sword, you had an unstoppable Demon Blast.
I'm interested in what you think of classes like the Ghost and Zombie, and what do you think the best monster in D5 is?
>>
>tfw platinum Disgaea 3 & D2
>tfw move in with gf
>tfw get a ps4 but cant play Disgaea 5 because of how autistic & a timesink it is
>>
>>386821510
It was alright from what I played (only played the first 2 or 3 chapters) my only problem was that you could only summon your characters for a limited amount of time before they were removed from the field forcing you to make as many characters as possible and grind their levels in order to win.
>>
>>386821980
I don't really think there is much market for remakes. Ports seems more plausible
>>
>>386822182
Then why did the remake Disgaea 1 through 4 for PSP/Vita? I dont think its that unrealistic to think they might remake or port D2 to Steam and/or Switch is it?
>>
>>386821430
DD2, Monsters returned to grace, mostly, though they did suffer a tremendous blow in being utterly useless against Baal. Tons of monsters got nifty evilities to work with, even if some were just variant numbers on the same thing. The scarecrows in particular stood out, but this is also the best game to be a Rifle Demon in. Their basic attack effectively becomes a free, spammable skill with variable properties you can tweak to the challenge at hand. Serpents were also great, since they could screw with any sort of defensive line by virtue of being a flying unit, but they could also carry people with them.

Disgaea 5 fucked monster lovers over by changing the way you recruit monsters. Gone are the days when you could coordinate an effort in the senate to get your first Rifle Demon in chapter 2, or get an unexpected boon in that Gladiator you subdued actually being a Nekomata, or Dragon Zombie in chapter 3. Now you have to play the entire fucking game to get your monsters, meanwhile you can still have the sage before you start map 1-2.
With that in mind, the Nether Noble comes early, hits hard, can take a beating, and scales well, making it a sure thing.
The Eryngi is rather unexpectedly useful as another bland, multipurpose front linish unit.
Most everything else comes in two or three chapters too late to be good. The Chimera via Geese is fantastic though, the Rabbit gets an evility that makes him great. (though it is otherwise not very good).
Usalia is fucking nuts though, if you put in the bit of elbow grease she needs to work properly. She's a great switch hitter. What sells her though is her surprising durability. She's reasonably tough, and fast. Give her an emblem or two and she'll dodge all kinds of stuff, which is unexpected for a monster.
Then you get her overload.
Through DLC, Desco's good, better than she was in DD2, with her jacked EXP formula, but still meh. Metallia is fucking busted, honestly she's too good to use in a serious playthrough.
>>
>>386822275
Those are ports, not remakes
>>
>>386821510
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

that was my feeling with Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom
>>
>>386822275
Those are ports, anon. Enhanced, but ports.
If I recall correctly there is like 2 years or so between console release and handheld one, you don't remake 2 year old games
>>
File: ZhpUnlosingRanger.jpg (62KB, 290x500px) Image search: [Google]
ZhpUnlosingRanger.jpg
62KB, 290x500px
underrated
>>
>>386822319
well at least I would call them extended ports cuz they add quite a few of things
>>
In Disgaea 1, how do you avoid the problem of Laharl being overpowered, while the rest of your party struggles to defeat enemies? For me, Laharl is 10 levels higher than everyone else.
>>
>>386822309
In general, the best monster I'd say is the Flora Beast. It offsets the flaws of being a monster nicely, while being a good healer, a good mage, and a decently tanky unit in one package. The Nekomata and Succubus are also good monsters, in that they tend to get a very good grasp on their job, get skills and evilities to help that job, and do it while being more bulky than their humanoid counterparts.
The Prinny is hit and miss by title. Sometimes its good, sometimes its meh, sometimes its unrepentant shit.
Zombies are great in the opening of the game, but aside from D4, where they find work as great fusion material for other, better monsters, they fall of hard by midgame.
D4 and DD2's Gargoyles were also very good, versatile monsters.
Rifle Demons are generally very dependable units, and are quite unique in their machinations. They are one of the few units able to get by with basic attacks as an important part of their strategy, but they also usually have a flexible array of skills. Even in 2, they are good, even if not nearly as good as they are with an attack range.
Dragon Zombies (And riders, I suppose, but they get upstaged by the acrobatic adventures of Heavy Knight) are really good, especially in D3 and D4 for their relatively unique ability to not die instantly, and to do so reliably. D2 and DD2 they are still good, and even harder to bring down. The riders of 5 are presumably even better, since they are fliers, not that you ever get the chance to use them.
Tink was amazing in D2, but utterly outperformed in D3 by the Masked Hero or Hero Prinny, and he hasn't shown up since.
Desco has been a heroine of Monsterkind since her introduction, and Overlord Priere has been there since the beginning.
Book Zetta is usually a blast when he's around.
>>
>>386823040
it's normal for first story playthru, pay this no mind.
>>
>>386823131
It's annoying though, because at the moment, Laharl isn't really powerful enough to solo the story missions (He's just over level 30, and I'm at the chapter about the pet zombie rescue), and most of my party are still under level 20, so they can't really kill stuff effectively.
>>
The DS port of the first one was cool.
>>
>>386821510
Honestly, I think its underrated. The plot is actually pretty good, it's a bit simplistically written, but not necessarily bad. The gameplay keeps you thinking and on your toes (Seriously though, fuck that one level in the last chapter with a fuckton of Manticores and like, 3 confinable items). It's hard in an honest way if you don't abuse Failure titles/the dumb-ass rabbit trick, and the final boss is legitimately one of the best and most stressful such fights in my memory, moreso if you are playing one of the remakes in Another Marona.
>Tfw the final boss has easily 20 times the HP of any of your guys, and can kill several of them at a time in one attack
>tfw you realize the boss has an attack that uses his ridiculous HP as his attacking stat
The postgame grind is dumb, though it is fun to actually recruit Baal for once. Using Baal in an Another Marona playthrough is something that should be on your vidya bucket list.
>>
>>386823321
Oh! Anon, you're at a perfect spot storywise then, I'm not sure what stage exactly, but if you revisit one of the levels in that zombie chapter, all the zombies will be standing on EXP+50% panels, making it great for leveling. I don't remember which one exactly though, but you can use that map to get your weaker units up to speed. If Laharl doesn't 1 shot the zombies, you can have him weaken them and then have your weaker units clean up. It might take a bit, but it'll save you a lot of time in the long run.
>>
File: hello.jpg (52KB, 156x500px) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
52KB, 156x500px
>>386812197
Dark Knights aren't great but they're a big cool looking unit you can get really early in Disgaea so I keep making 'em and dragging 'em along.
>>
>>386823321
yeah, first game doesn't really have much of a way to level your other characters up without hassle
I suggest you take Laharl's pupils generics near him when he attacks enemy, and use regular attack to trigger combo (with pupils you have very high chance of triggering). That way everyone will get EXP.
Not the best way, but I dunno how else to do that with less hassle and no grind.
Next games have tower attacks and other ways to help low lvl characters.

Or just get real good equipment for low lvl your characters, it boosts them quite nicely.
>>
>>386823040
1, if you are still early, give his Imperial Seal to someone else
2, Unlock the better humanoids, like the Ninja or Ronin
3, Get Flonne some offensive magic, who will then proceed to show you the true meaning of Christmas, as well as what being overpowered truly means.
>>
>>386822468
Unknown, not underrated.
>>
>>386822468
ZHP was so good.
Play it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMEqIzM843U
>>
>>386821923
>There are people on this earth right now who don't know there is actually one true answer to bestgirl arguments
She even comes in two flavors, both of which are better than the other one.
>>
>>386823768
This and Soul Nomad are literally the best games NIS ever made.
>>
File: 1486656737817.jpg (2MB, 2059x3018px) Image search: [Google]
1486656737817.jpg
2MB, 2059x3018px
>>386823819
>best girl
that's not a Pleinair
>>
How's 5 on switch? Endless grindan while laying in bed sounds pretty comfy.
>>
>>386823768
>Hear "Demon General" in Disgaea 5
>TFW some guy and some loli are what they were talking about
>Tfw I actually find Proto Darkdeath in the item world
They knew they were fucking with me when they did that.
>>
>>386823940
It runs fine, but I sometimes get random crashes. It crashed like 6 times for me after playing 30 hours
>>
>>386823910
What's her last name, if you love her so much then?
>>
>>386823532
>If Laharl doesn't 1 shot the zombies, you can have him weaken them and then have your weaker units clean up. It might take a bit, but it'll save you a lot of time in the long run.

This seems like a good tactic. I guess I'll be grinding for a while.

>>386823561
>Or just get real good equipment for low lvl your characters, it boosts them quite nicely.

All the good stuff is quite expensive for me right now, but I guess I could grind for money.

>>386823579
>1, if you are still early, give his Imperial Seal to someone else

I got a Devil Ring from the hospital prize thing, so I've got that on him now.

>2, Unlock the better humanoids, like the Ninja or Ronin

Right now I just have quite a few mages and skulls, and a female brawler and female warrior for melee. I guess I could do with more melee on my team.

>3, Get Flonne some offensive magic, who will then proceed to show you the true meaning of Christmas, as well as what being overpowered truly means.

I already have Star magic on her.
>>
>>386824149
Really? I never got one.

>>386823940
It's pretty cash. Nothing new over the PS4 release, save a few more helper prinnies, all the DLC is included free, and a new Trophy Shop, since Switch doesn't do Trophies, but it ticks all the right boxes for a handheld Disgaea.
>>
>>386824160
In Disgaea 1, Fire+Wind+Ice>Star
Everything (Barring like, a 1% true neutral unit) is 50% weak to one of 'em, and some chapters are even coded to be universally weak or resistant to something.
>>
>>386824156
Harada
cause she's his daughter
>>
>>386824269
>Really? I never got one
do you have a physical or digital version? I have a physical one
>>
>>386824350
Incorrect.
Pleinair Allaprima. Yes, her name is in fact an art joke.
>>
>>386824383
Physical. I've spent something like 22 hours on it so far, haven't dumped as much time into it, since I already played the fuck out of it on PS4.
>>
File: help dood.jpg (3MB, 3853x4195px) Image search: [Google]
help dood.jpg
3MB, 3853x4195px
>>
>>386824402
Huuuuuh
well at least I didn't cheat and googled that, gimme some credit
>>
>>386824349
Disgaea 1's Star magic looks cool, though. I also already have elemental mages and skulls.

https://youtu.be/V4MQ0s8S3jQ?t=2m11s
>>
File: laharletna.png (250KB, 301x363px) Image search: [Google]
laharletna.png
250KB, 301x363px
>>386823940
Pretty nice, I'm actually playing through it again right now since I saved over my 100 hour save file ;_;7.
I'm one of those weirdos who enjoyed D5's story so this isn't so bad, the fact that all the DLC is in the base game and available from the get go means I can play through with Disgaea's ultimate power couple, Laharl and Etna.
Handheld Disgaea 5 is a blessing, that alone makes it worth it imo.
>>
>>386824697
>I'm one of those weirdos who enjoyed D5's story so this isn't so bad, t
it wasn't terrible. especially going from DD2.
It's shounen like D2 but way more straight. Dunno why, but I found it better than D2 because of that. At least side characters are more likeable.
>>
>>386824861
I'm a chump who really enjoys positive character interaction. Even if the """twist"" at the end seriously pissed me off, the fact that D5's party got along so well and are all really good friends made me forgive the game's shortcomings. The little mini-cutscenes in the base were such a good idea for fleshing the characters out, I genuinely wish they were in every game, but I'm looking forward to them in Disgaea 6.
>>
>>386825006
yeah, they were pretty nice. I hope they keep them. I'm glad they ditched those "get unit close to talk during battle" stuff from DD2, it was nice idea, but become a hassle before long.
I actually expected each villian character to survive in one way or another, tho I yet to play post game
I'd also say Seraphima ark was pretty weak compared to others. She is okay character aside of that.
>>
What do you guys think the next Disgaea PC port is going to be? I've heard rumors that 5 is coming next
>>
>>386825353
I really dont care unless its DD2
>>
>>386824527
I learned it a few years back on some image site.
>>
>>386825353
I'm expecting 3.
My hope is that we get updated La Pucelle and Makai Kingdom ports. I'm not holding my breath, but I can hope. It's always been a sore spot for me that I can't play my girl's game in its most current state.
>>
>>386825287
>I'm glad they ditched those "get unit close to talk during battle" stuff from DD2, it was nice idea, but become a hassle before long.
Oh definitely, I remember after a while I would just stand all the party members next to each other at the start of every fight to see if they said something, it was pretty tedious.
D5 handles it much better since it gets all the characters to talk even if they aren't on the field.
And Sera is good but not great, she's like a weird mix of Etna and Rozalin but doesn't really break out of her shell like Etna does, or grow into a loving person like Rozy. Seraphina kind of just falls for Killia and that's it. Everyone else has clear cut growth except her, which is really sad considering how she has such a strong character at the start of the game. I'll take it though, 5/6 ain't bad, and there's always at least 1 kinda "eh" party member in every Disgaea. Except 1.
>>
File: 1459353940370.jpg (745KB, 2443x3048px) Image search: [Google]
1459353940370.jpg
745KB, 2443x3048px
>>386825510
I see.
I wish Harada just published new artbook about her already, like compilation of his dodjinshi.
>>
>>386825630
What was that Nippon Ichi game /v/ likes where you could go evil and kill everything? I hope they put that on PC.
>>
>>386825403
Won't happen. Don't even expect ps2 or ps3 first time ports. it will be the vita version of 3.
>>
>>386825760
>And Sera is good but not great,
yeah, she is decent punchline creator, but that's about it.
I would say that Red Magus is my favorite, didn't really expected that when I was starting the game. It's something about JP VA I'd say.
>>
>>386825807
Disgaea 1?

Witch and the 100 Knight?
>>
File: TopShot2.jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TopShot2.jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
>>386825760
The blessing/curse of Sera being a weak character I fiound is they also don't spend to long on her, even during her own arc.
I could have seen that whole bit drag on horribly if it wasn't just "Yo we poor", "Oh shit", "We don't care", "Kyyuuun".
>>
>>386825982
It's not either of those. It's on the PS2, and it has a male protagonist. I remember reading on /v/ something about how you can go evil and your party turns against you.
>>
File: imagesCANQ2SSI.jpg (16KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
imagesCANQ2SSI.jpg
16KB, 300x168px
>>386825807
Soul Nomad, hometown of /ourguy/ Gig.
There actually is a part of Witch and the Hundred Knight like that, but Witch is a much more difficult game to fully explain.
>>
>>386826115
It's Soul Nomad, the protag has a selectable gender (Canonically female, according to Disgaea 3), but Gig steals the show.

The Demon Path, available on a New Game +, has you taking the all-powerful evil sword you were just handed for a joyride and destroying the world in one of the best "evil" stories to date. It even does the last fight right, which is set up like a reverse final boss fight, with the assorted desperate heroes from around the world, including some villains who decided you were too much of a dick, teaming up to put you down. It is actually a very, very difficult and grueling fight assuming you aren't overlevelled or spamming Gideons, even though nothing you are facing is even half as strong as you are.
>>
>>386826168
>Soul Nomad, hometown of /ourguy/ Gig.

That's it, thanks. I hope they put it on PC, I find the "evil route" idea to be interesting. I would emulate it, but I'm stuck with a shitty laptop that isn't great with PS2 emulation. I can do it, but it'll be a bit laggy.
>>
Which games in the series have the best story/characters/humor?
Add La Pucelle, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom etc. to that list.
>>
>>386826460
Keep in mind, the Evil Route relies pretty heavily on the main story for full delivery. Technically, it is possible to get it early (Impale yourself on Feinne, NG+ in under 10 minutes), but the delivery will be quite gutless. It's also worth noting that the "bad" evil ending (loosing the last fight" is actually a really good one too. Arguably it's a better "good" ending than the standard ending to the normal story.
>>
>>386826835
Phantom Brave is my favorite story wise. But i'd say it's the most difficult nippon ichi game especially if you play blind and don't look up ways to break the balance.
ZHP is the funniest and my favorite nippon ichi game.
>>
File: GD7Qj2T.png (981KB, 861x632px) Image search: [Google]
GD7Qj2T.png
981KB, 861x632px
>>386826835
For storytelling:
>S Tier
Witch and the Hundred Knight
Soul Nomad
>A Tier
ZHP
Phantom Brave
Disgaea 1
La Pucelle
>B Tier
Disgaea 2/4/5
Makai Kingdom
Rhapsody
>C Tier
Other Disgaea games
>Shit tier
Guided Fate Paradox
Disgaea D2

For humor:
>SSS Tier
ZHP
Makai Kingdom

That's all you really need, these two games are fucking hilarious.
>>
>>386826835
>Story,
Probably Witch and the Hundred Knight, Phantom Brave (Kinda), or Soul Nomad. With and the Hundred Knight has a fucking amazing "big" story. The smaller stories are honestly a bit boring and dull, but the big picture is incredible.
Phantom Brave is fairly barebones and tropey, but it is still quite good and even a bit touching. Barely a drop of humor there.
Soul Nomad is just GOAT.

>Characters
La Pucelle, Disgaea/Disgaea Infinite, Soul Nomad, and Disgaea 4 are all contenders.
La Pucelle is full of interesting (though occasionally criminally underutilized) characters. There's a reason Prier is always called bestgirl, and its not just her tits.
Everyone loves Laharl, Etna, and Flonne, most people love Gordon, there really isn't much more to say here.
Soul Nomad has a large cast of likable retards and douchebags, as well as Gig. Let it be known that there is an established pattern of people's response to Danette, the beloved retarded cow girl. It always ends in love.
Disgaea 4 is a love it or hate it ordeal. You either love Valvatorez or hate him, and again, but to a lesser extent with Desco and that about sums it up.
>Humor
Disgaea 3, Z.H.P, Disgaea 4
Disgaea 3 is a refined taste as far as humor goes. You have to be an experienced weeb to truly appreciate just how massive of a dump Disgaea 3 takes on anime. Beyond this, it's not so good.
I haven't talked about Z.H.P much, which is a shame. It has a certain magical atmosphere to it that I just can't effectively put to words. That aside, the whole thing has this fabulous deadpan delivery that makes it work.
Disgaea 4, again, comes down to Valvatorez. and somewhat Desco.

Now, I haven't talked about Makai Kingdom, which is again a shame. It has a mediocre story, the characters are only good, not great, and it isn't exactly all that funny (corn chapter aside), but like Z.H.P, it has this certain atmospheric quality I'm shit at describing.
It is the story Disgaea 5 wishes it was, if that makes sense.
>>
>>386826835
>>386827530
Phantom Brave hits me in the feels every time.
It gets better every time I play it, and gets even better (Though a tad more hollow) if you've played Soul Nomad.
>>
File: Yattanya.jpg (74KB, 700x750px) Image search: [Google]
Yattanya.jpg
74KB, 700x750px
>>386826835
>Which games in the series have the best characters
Let it be known that this is actually a character that appears in La Pucelle. He is not a joke, and indeed, apart from a few crappy forced cat puns, is almost utterly humorless.
>>
>>386827769
Will they ever find Walnut? Where the fuck is he right now?
>>
Has anyone even played the sequels to Guided Fate Paradox? I think there were actually 2.
>>
>>386806209
I don't. I bought Disgaea 5 and I hate it. It's literally the same shit I played over 10 years ago, except the main character now has no personality. What a joke.

I've been meaning to ask, please tell me it gets better. I can't return it.
>>
>>386827954
Either spattered across a crater, or (more likely) holed up in a secluded cabin in the middle of nowhere with a qt cow girl waifu who is (probably) better.
>>
>>386828065
>he didn't check the demo before purchase.
>perfectly knew that it is more of the same, gameplay wise, just more polished
nah, story will not get any better, that's a problem for all Disgaea games past 1. Gameplay is great tho.
>>
File: really lewd.png (152KB, 932x310px) Image search: [Google]
really lewd.png
152KB, 932x310px
>>386825780
By god those doujins.

Not entirely sure why he wanted to make a game when NIS appears to fall over themselves to get him to do art for their games.
>>
>>386828065
Red Magnus and Usalia make the story at least passable. Usalia's plot is actually legitimately very good.
Also, if you aren't already, I suggest switching over to the dub every time you anticipate Bloodis getting significant screentime. His dub voice is pure sex, even if Killia is even deader than he is in JP.
Also, if it helps, there's like, a 95% certainty that Christo is a young Seraph Lamington.
Disgaea 5 is mostly a gameplay affair, sadly. They dropped the ball hard on characters, and have a story that is just a worse, unfunny version of D2, in a setting that doesn't jive.
>>
File: pleinair-disgaea-wallpaper-1.jpg (1MB, 2560x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pleinair-disgaea-wallpaper-1.jpg
1MB, 2560x1024px
>>386828193
>Not entirely sure why he wanted to make a game when NIS appears to fall over themselves to get him to do art for their games.
Artists, even if they have quite a lot of freedom, love some personal projects where there are no restrictions.
>>
>>386828184
Thing is, what I really wanted was Disgaea 4, and I've been wanting to buy it since forever, so it took me something like 8 years to finally cave in.

Still, easily the worst video game-related purchase I've made since 1998. I don't even want to look at my Switch anymore.

>>386828272
Are we talking gameplay-gameplay or just "you can grind shit harder" gameplay? I'm always up for a hard game.
>>
>>386828193
I'm actually interested. From a legitimate position of curiosity and interest in the art, could ya sauce me bro?
>>
>>386828375
Yuusha Mushoku, I think?
>>
>>386828348
Dude, chill. Disgaea 5 maybe not great, but it certainly not terrible.
Think positively, at least you have it for handheld and with all DLC content, while rest of us bought PS4 version and season pass.
Why the fuck you didn't buy D4 before it and gone with D5 tho?
D4 certainly probably second best after D1 story/character wise
>>
>>386828490
The music is fucking amazing and the idea of playing as Dracula seemed novel. But I didn't buy a PS3 or Vita.

D3's music is really good too, people were way too hard on it at release.
>>
>>386828563
>D3's music is really good too, people were way too hard on it at release.
people being too tsundere about school setting I'd say. D3 was great, I love it on par with D4 tho Mao certanly letdown as itself. Best villian tho.
and best hub theme of entire series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ZpK8KPi6E
Vita is pretty meh purchase, tho if you hack it - it's alright. I think ports of 3-4 are imminent, wait a bit
>>
>>386828563
Yeah, Tenpei Saito all day every day.
>>
>>386828348
Both.
Disgaea 5 is actually pretty hard if you don't overgrind, though you have more toys at your disposal, meaning you are less likely to be forced to play the game by its rules with no recourse, like happens occasionally in the first two games.
There are fewer "bad" options, it's easier to feel the weight of a good or bad character, and it doesn't come down to luck as much. Just don't grind too much, don't use Curry, don't use the IW more than once or twice, and don't use the DLC unless you really like someone (And even then, just don't use Zetta, Pram, or Metallia for a normal playthrough, just don't do it, man, they are so broken it isn't funny.) It can be good and hard if you let it.
The only disappointing thing is the gutted IW. Enemies there now have lower stats than normal, making that legendary first IW trip less amazing.

Then postgame you can certainly grind things harder, if you wish.
>>
I've hit a problem with my Disgaea 5 Postgame and maybe someone can help me out.

My Killia is currently around level 2,800 and by dar my strongest unit. I can abuse Magichange to level up my monster units and make them effective, bit unfortunately I have hit a point where Red Magnus, Seraphina, Zeroken, etc. are all useless. They can't kill anything to level up, and I've already recruited Void. Am I supposed to just grind with Killian and a Hog All Exp Senate Bill until they can actually fight, and then try my hand at the new Flowerful map or something?
>>
>>386828729
>The only disappointing thing is the gutted IW.
yeah, that sucks. I don't mind needing to kill every enemy, I do that usually anyway. but that they don't get harder unless you level up item drastically makes item world boring AoE fest.
>>
>>386828440
Thanks bro, this shit is golden.
>>
Playing through D5 on Switch recently and personally I can see not liking the story but to me it was the best one yet. It's the first one since the original to elicit any emotion besides boredom and anger by the end. Really like how each character gets there own arc and changes and aren't just shitty, unfunny meme lords. Like it feels like the only time the series has tried to be genuine since 1. Plus if you dont prefer a more genuine story (which is fine of course. It's trashy anime) the gameplay is the best objectively by a huge margin.
>>
>>386802637
Any Disgaea 5 tips? I'm at post game and want to plat it as fast as possible.
>>
>>386828729
Alright, seems more interesting than I initially thought. Any beginner's traps I should be aware of? I remember playing through all of D1 and 2 not knowing how to unlock more classes.
>>
>>386828718
D5 is probably my least favorite of his soundtracks sadly. Even La Pucelle had two great songs, Eringa Valley and God Bless Prier.

But he made the ost for both 100 Knight games simultaneous so I can't hate him.
>>
File: 1425269127038.png (58KB, 325x300px) Image search: [Google]
1425269127038.png
58KB, 325x300px
>want to get D3 on Vita again after selling it to see all the post-game content I missed
>remember the story and the bullshit maps in Mao's Heart
Other than those, were the maps as bad as D4's? Those are atrocious.
>>
>>386828809
My best memories of the series are those early runs, when you go to an item over your head, but the power gap is such that your shit units can (and indeed must) play a role.
It's a roller coaster, man. Grieving as your MC (and his full SP tank) goes down due to an unexpected counter on a deathblow panel you missed. When some literally who level 3 zombie steps the fuck up as de-fecto MC. When your level 1 healer and his 6 castings of heal become a precious resource. When you learn that Lady Fighters are amazing, with their ability to suddenly jab something 40-50% harder than they should have. When you see the stats on that General, know that it's gonna take a miracle to actually beat him, and then actually fucking pull it off with a que'd action to spare.
Those are the best moments of Disgaea. That's when you are actually fighting for your life, and not just stomping or getting stomped
>>
>>386828942
Not that guy but unlocking classes in 5 is straightforward, you get a quest to unlock them as they become available. I would just recommend that any time you acquire a story character, immediately go to the Dark Assembly and assign them a class. They don't have one by default, and quests require a certain rank in a class before unlocking.
>>
>>386829097
Yeah, D3 is pretty bad all around. Like it's still dumb fun, but barring DD2 (which only saving grace is decent gameplay mechanics) it's the low point of the series. Vita version is still worth it for cheap though cause the content
>>
>>386829028
Moving on grew on me in the end
I'M MOVING ON. MOVING SO FAR AWAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XqwrKV9sLg
>>
>>386829201
Also finally reaching stage with invincibility panels was the pure joy.
Just occupy panels with lowlvl units and grind exp without care in the world
Like an oasis.
>>
>>386829290
I wasn't sure about Kill Real or Moving On at first but they both grew on me. Kill Real is especially hype during the final encounters.
>>
>>386829290
I WILL SPEND MY WHOLE LIFE _______ ___.........................
>>
File: 770.png (450KB, 639x947px) Image search: [Google]
770.png
450KB, 639x947px
>>386829397
>In IW
>Map is almost entirely Immortal panels
>Mr. Egg drops a fucking Proto Darkdeath 9999
>Only character above 2000 is fucking Killia
>Toss him on to one panel out in the void and pelt him with Avidya Holy Waters until he dies 80 turns later
>All I get is an Evility slot
>That I would have gotten eventually anywah
>>
>>386829441
Lieze Rock is great too cause Tenpei Sato singing. Dug the ending theme too, but not my favorite. Disgaea 3 somehow has the best ending theme
>>
I've got D4 on my vita, got to chapter 3 or 4 and dropped the game because I wasn't one-shotting enemies anymore and my dudes actually started dying.
I feel like it's too early for me to start hitting the item world up real good, so I'm probably doing something wrong.
Should I only be using a small amount of characters? Which ones?
What monster units are worth using, and what magichange are worth bothering with?
I haven't bothered to look up a single guide yet as I feel that discovering stuff on your own makes for a more fun game experience, though that point is moot if a lack of progress is killing your desire to play.
>>
>>386827584
>Witch and the Hundred Knight
Still mad
>>
>>386828937
Honestly, go to the Gamefaqs board. There's a solid step-by-step guide stickied to the top that can do you better than I ever could.

>>386828942
Seraphina isn't very good, even basic Thieves make better gun wielders, and her Overload usually hurts you in the long run, since enemies that kill eachother give you no exp.
Soloing the game with Killia seems like a good idea up until you hit opponents with high Fist resistance. Or Bloodis. Bloodis does not fuck around.
Use the sub weapon slot, and pay attention to weapon resistance. Even if Red Magnus is shit with a spear, odds are solid his basic attack with one against an enemy with 50% Axe resist, but -20% Spear will be better than his best axe move.
Giant is a trap for everyone but Red Magnus, or characters literally designed to do nothing but take damage, like an Armor Knight. Even then, Red Magnus only benefits from Giant from his Overload, not from squads or other sources.
Drumdawn. you will know him when you get him, maybe. He's a pseudounique, like Geese. He's an okay unit, and you get him earlier than the generic twin dragon class, but his Overload is something else. It applies a debilitating debuff to all units on the map, but some idiot screwed up the coding and made it target only your own units. If it correctly targeted enemies, it would easily be the best Overload in the game, as the entire enemy team lost their specials and smashed eachother to oblivion.
Pay attention to the quest shop. You don't have to keep the class unlock quests active and clogging your log, but be aware of them, and when you have finished them.
Use subclassing for your uniques. Have your uniques build class EXP in classes you aren't using for class unlocks down the line. Generally, you can use either the male or female variant of a class for unlock prerequisites, you don't need both, or a particular one. Don't use it for your generics until postgame, or you know how bonus class stats work.
>>
>>386827584
Been meaning to play Soul Nomad for a few years, but always drop it once I realize I have to play the regular mode to fully appreciate the Wild Ride.
>>
File: Screenshot_128.jpg (36KB, 424x317px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_128.jpg
36KB, 424x317px
>>386829603
welp, I thought killing it gives something better
I'd say killing overly powerful enemies is not really rewarded in Disgaea much, makes sense considering you can't balance that all that well.
If you want great rewards, SRW deals with that pretty nicely.
I wasted 5 hours on this stage, constant savescum on actual hardware
>>
>>386829603
You also get a very nice stat boost to the item you are in (Equivalent to an Item God Kill, I believe), and Proto Darkdeath (Especially the stronger, giant one) is a good source of Eclipse Power stats.
>>
>>386829828
Play it. The regular mode is a wild ride in its own right.
Gig's Wild Ride never stops, it starts from the moment you start up the normal path, until the moment you get both demon path endings, start the Asagipocalypse, fight your dad, and deal with Fucking Lujei.
>>
>>386829973
Where would my fag-o-tron meter rank if I just watched someone else play it for the story? Every time I do this I end up playing the game regardless
>>
>>386830226
Well, Nigger did a playthrough on /v/ a few months back, and a bunch of people got forced onto Gig's Wild Ride that way, so I suppose it wouldn't be the worst thing.
The gameplay is fairly unique, but not particularly good (Not bad, just not stellar).
I'd say the Demon Path kind of does rely on YOU being the asshole doing this to the world, but then, I played it long before I ever watched it.

Ultimately, there are worse games to watch, but if you are seriously in this for the Demon Path, and you want that experience to be as full as possible, just play it.

The other thing to consider, between the story's importance to the game, the mediocre gameplay, and the storys reliance on, should I say, surprises, playing through it after watching it might be harder than you think.

But hey, I'm imaginary. Do what you gotta do.
>>
File: notunknownenough.jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
notunknownenough.jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
>>386822468
Post NIS games nobody played.
>>
>>386830615
>mugen souls
>nis
anon, you went full retard
it was PUBLISHED by NISA
that's it.
It's compile heart's pile of crap
>>
>>386830615
I even played the sequel
>>
>>386830615
Every Puppet game.
>>
>>386830732
>That 80's anime aesthetics

I miss it.
>>
>>386830615
I'm glad Compile Heart stopped trying to trick people with "totallyHarada" art
>>
>>386830615
ZHP sequel fucking when.

>Came out before Roguelites became normiebait
>Won't get a sequel or rerelease until after the fad has passed

Literally just a Steam port and they could be making bank.
>>
>>386831035
only NIS games which have chance to sell on steam is Disgaea.
Check phantom brave numbers. shit doesn't sell
>>
File: CC_Graceful.png (191KB, 473x720px) Image search: [Google]
CC_Graceful.png
191KB, 473x720px
>>386830615
>You will never fuck Graceful Chou-Chou
>>
>>386830732
That game was okay
>>
I liked Disgaea 3 the most
>>
>>
>>386823459
>the dumb-ass rabbit trick

This trick was never good and I'll never understand why people waste their time on it or encourage others to.
>>
File: discomilf.jpg (202KB, 867x655px) Image search: [Google]
discomilf.jpg
202KB, 867x655px
>>386831107
>>386830615
>Compile Shit tries to pass off their kusoge as Harada drawn Disgaea spinoffs
>people buy it
How little faith could you possibly have in your own IP? I'm glad this and Trillion fucking tanked.
>>
>>386830732
Flan spell was the best thing
>>
>>386831658
I have no idea. 1 dominating unit is a shit tactic in PB anyways, unless its Marona.

Give me 10 minutes, a dungeonmonk, and 1000 start up buckeroos, and I'll show you fucking broken.
>>
>>386830732
Also, this game was the definition of comfy in the psx era (with legend of mana, of course)
>>
File: machch.jpg (77KB, 750x424px) Image search: [Google]
machch.jpg
77KB, 750x424px
>>386831107
>not masochistic Chou-Chou
PLEEEEEEASSSEEEE FALL
>>
why is nisa so shit
>>
>>386832407
they are modern western company which found their rabid fanboys which will defend and buy anything
>>
>>386832407
I think it's because they get too free of reign.
They are basically the only port available if Atlus won't take you in, so they get away with a lot of bullshit.
The people they work with see the profit bump from localization, and don't care about what filthy gaijin got to play.

The only games they give half of a shit about anymore are their in-house titles (And even that's been slipping), and fucking Danganronpa for some godforsaken reason.
>>
>>386832647
>The only games they give half of a shit about anymore are their in-house titles
doesn't seem like that when they ignore a lot of NIS games, well now we know that Coven and Princess is Money Hungry gets a western release, but what about Witch 2?
What about them fucking up Witch 1 and DD2?
They are incompetent regardless of is it NIS game or not
>>
>>386832784
As I said, their first party localization has been slipping. They used to localize that stuff very well, as hard as it may be to imagine now.
Also, I recall in that interview with Niikawa a few weeks back that he mentioned Witch 2 would be getting a localization.
I don't know how much weight to put behind that, mind.
>>
>>386832942
Well PS4, PC and Switch releases were mostly fine, so I can't say they are slipped too much. but for some reason they gained audience of people who'll forgive them even if they do another Witch 1/DD2 slip
>>
>>386832942
Why bother with localizations when you can just use the original script?
I look forward to their next dual language PC port. They're saving PC gaming.
>>
>>386832784
Wait Coven is getting one?
Shit yeah
>>
>>386832784
I always wondered about this but how the hell is it possible for a localization company to create bugs not present in the original version?
iirc some of the fire spells in DD2 literally targeted your CPU doing irreversible damage and the only way to prevent it from melting was pulling out the plug.
Also "load two times". Why the fuck is this a solution to the game crashing?
>>
File: 1499231757287.jpg (644KB, 1364x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1499231757287.jpg
644KB, 1364x2000px
>>386833254
They fucked up with PR. During recent NISA event, don't remember exact details, Dualshockers posted announcement and quickly deleted it afterwards.
Seems like it's getting release next year, but for this year they didn't want for it to diverse attention from other current year releases.
at least that's the general idea about it so far.
>>386833329
I wish I knew anon, that's some AAA class of "growing hands from your ass" case
>>
>>386833254
Is it only the PS4 ver or also Vita?
>>
>>386833503
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>386833871
I'm pretty happy about that too, just hope this isn't some sort of extra level ruse
>>
I just bought Disgaea 4, any tips before I start playing?
The only Disgaea game I've played before was 2 on PSP.
>>
>>386834990
Just have fun, what the point trying to be overly optimized with first run anyway?
>>
3 is pretty much indisputably the weakest game in the series, but still pretty okay by basic srpg standards. 4 is pretty good, and D2 is the best in the series imo. the mentoring system worka great, evilities make more sense, mounts are 100 times better than weapon transformattions, and just having the og protogs back feels good. best chemistry in the franchise.
>>
>>386835250
I sure do hope you do not praise writing as well
>>
>>386835250
>D2 is the best in the series
If you skip all the dialogue, it's fairly decent.
>>
hundred knight 2 when?
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.