[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Game Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 74

File: unnamed.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
This thread is for peeps to post their unpopular game opinions. Everything from slighlty unpopular to ultra contrarian is allowed. As long as it's not the majority consensus, I'd love to hear your thoughts simply because you might sway my thoughts and make me value a game even more. First up....

1. GTA3 is currently my favorite open world Grand Theft Auto game.
>Is has no map or icons (forcing you to learn the city, or else)
>It has some of the most streamlined gampelay in the series (no extraneous crap to pull you from the main goal which is kinda refreshing).
>One of the most original soundtracks ever that really adds to the tone.
>Liberty City is easily one of my favorite open world maps of all. I think I have Portland memorized like the back of my hand.

All that out of the way, I'd love to hear what you enjoy that happens to go against the grain..
>>
File: Worm.jpg (601KB, 1600x949px) Image search: [Google]
Worm.jpg
601KB, 1600x949px
I know basically everyone considers Jedi Outcast to be superior to Jedi Academy and while I consider the main storyline to be stronger, JA had unparalleld mission variety and kept me enthralled the entire game because I didn't know what I would be doing from mission to mission. Also I consider the gameplay superior and infinitely more moddable. Both games are god tier but if I was limited to one I'd go with Academy.
>>
File: promo322352969.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
promo322352969.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Borderlands - The Pre Sequel is superior to Borderlands 2. WHile 2 easily has more content and a longer campaign I feel the Pre Sequel had more interesting mechanics and more balanced gameplay at higher levels which I consider to be several points in its direction. It had a superior story by a large margin.
>>
Souls (series, possibly including BB) is not hard, it just punishes you for memorization failure. If not for cheap insta-kills and pain-walls, or other similar shenanigans, it's been pretty bland and unremarkable.

It's hard in the way that old console games were "hard". Where reaction is not as important as KNOWING that when you jump over x, you need to jump again to avoid the bird that will knock you back into x/kill you.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the NES Ninja Gaidens as a kid, but shit popping up to knock you into a bottomless pit, or streams of flying-shooting-auto-aiming enemies during the spot where you have to do loads of precise jumps wasn't actually HARD, per say, just punishing and far too reliant on muscle memory (which is weird that it never went away for me, in that I can still beat NG 1-3 without "continuing" to this day.)
>>
this is not Unpopular Game Opinions
it is Wrong Game Opinions
>>
File: FC4_KEYART_PACK-610x722.jpg (498KB, 610x722px) Image search: [Google]
FC4_KEYART_PACK-610x722.jpg
498KB, 610x722px
I'm not sure how unpopular this is but I consider Far Cry 4 to be the best Far Cry to come out. 3 set the standard for future games and Blood Dragon was a well oiled machine of open world gunplay, but I felt 4 had the best overworld and easily one of the best campaigns that kept me enthralled. The endings sucked but getting there was an amazing experience.

>>386797478
I've never played the Souls games but I am so glad to hear that it's not the next coming of christ. Everyone I've ever talked to said the game is epic because it's hard but failed to every provide anything more than that. They never praised the gameplay. They never praised the world design. They just said it was hard., therefore good.

>>386797498
Cool beans. Wanna present some?
>>
File: gta4.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gta4.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
GTA IV is by far my favorite in the franchise. Niko was a great character and the story was well written and played out like an old school mob movie. Loved every second of it. Not to mention how stunning it was visually and mechanically when it launched. The lighting and physics had me completely blown away.

I know I'm definitely in the minority here, but I enjoyed IV's online WAY more than V's. So many all nighters in high school with my buds just fucking around in party mode or playing Cops N Crooks.
>>
File: IMG_4764.jpg (49KB, 397x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4764.jpg
49KB, 397x441px
I like SWTOR.
>>
>>386796085

I prefer playing as Jack Marston in RDR
>>
File: 1318822817826.jpg (28KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1318822817826.jpg
28KB, 768x768px
>>386797970
Why?
>>
Midnight Club is my favorite racing series of all time. I can't quite empulate PS2 games but the PSP version of Dub Edition 3 is everything I wanted in the original game (haven't seen too many differneces with regard to to the map and cars, starting to think the only difference is lack of online). In spite of all the Need For SPeed games that came afterward, none of them have held a candle to Midnight Club.
>Playing Midnight Club 2 atm with a mod allowing for controller use and it is spectacular.

>>386797787
I'm playing through 4 at the moment because I got on a massive Rockstar kick and this game is straight up god tier. It may not have near as many features as San Andreas but everything that is presented has been polished to a mirror sheen. Being able to parkour buildings. Pedestrians/cops not immediently attack you, the gunplay and vehicicle physics, everything is absolutely amazing.
>I love the weighty cars. It makes the game that much more intense.
>>
File: 1356658875180.png (65KB, 214x139px) Image search: [Google]
1356658875180.png
65KB, 214x139px
Hitman: Contracts is the best Hitman game.
>>
>>386798047

It feels weird doing criminal stuff, or getting into shootouts as John because he's trying to redeem himself and put that life behind him. Jack doesn't really have that kind of problem. Plus I often think Jack is wittier and has some funnier sayings
>>
>>386797297
this
despite anthony burch being a meme, Handsome Jack is one of my favorite characters ever
>>
>>386798249
Fair enough. I'm autistic in the way I play Rockstar games though. I try my best to not kill innocents and generally be an upstanding citizen...so I never really had to deal with that dichotomy as John.

When I do feel like just going off and fucking around I'll save before doing it and turn off autosaving.
>>
>>386796085
>One of the most original soundtracks ever that really adds to the tone.
You mean the Scarface soundtrack?
>>
I'm a huge fan of Spider-Man games and while I love many of the free-roaming ones, I still consider Spider-Man for the PSX/PC to be the best game in the bunch. Sure, the gameplay needed expanding but everything you did was (swing, punch, kick) was exactly what it needed to be. The story was faaaaaaaaaaaarrrr better than expected and the game kept giving and giving and giving with regard to unlockables. Truly a game for the ages. GOlden

>>386798189
I've actually never touched the Hitman games despite that I picked them all up years ago (don't blame me, I know my back catalog is insane). WOuld you recommend contracts as a good entry game or would you say start with Blood MOney and go to Contracts soon after?
>>
File: 37588-Spider-Man_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg (55KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
37588-Spider-Man_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg
55KB, 500x496px
>>386798623
FORGOT PIC!!!!

>>386798592
I've actually never seen the movie Scarface. Is that where the soundtrack came from? Far out.
>>
>>386798623
Start with Hitman 2 then go chronologically.
>>
Watch_Dogs is better than Watch_Dogs 2 solely it kept a dark, serious tone consistently throughout the story and only kept wacky stuff to the AR Mini-games in comparison to Watch_Dogs 2's wacky, bat-shit tone every where in the game.
>>
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Some may consider this game broken, but it doesn't discount the fact that me and one of my friends played this game religiously all throughout undergrad, going back to this game even after S4 had been fixed and SF2 had that HD remix. We even enjoyed Capcom Vs. SNK, the King of FIghters series, Tekken, MvC2&3, and even Street Fighter ALpha Trilogy it was still the best. I'd pick Alex and he'd Hugo and we would have matches that would cause both of us to scream in gutteral enjoyment enough to get the RA's attention.
>>
>>386798791

This. The first game can be ignored. Don't give up on Hitman 2. It's hard as fuck, but it's great.
>>
File: 12217.jpg (171KB, 640x574px) Image search: [Google]
12217.jpg
171KB, 640x574px
I consider Castlevania POrtrait of Ruin to be the best 2D Castlevania game ever. The game may not have the length of prior games but every major area felt unique, secrtes were kept just out of reach but still atainable, and the gameplay was tight as a drum. In short, I fucking loved this game.

>>386798791
Would you saw Hitman 2 holds up today?
>I think GTA San Andreas is still a top ten game despite the new GTA's if that means anything.
>>
GTA 5 is incredibly overrated:

>Only 69 missions, including heists setups like Boiler Suits, real member should be around 50;
>No storyline expansions;
>Not a single likeable character;
>Lack of detail in many, many cars(lack of reverse lights, Blinkers, dashboards don't fit the cars, steering wheels blocking the dials);
>Downgraded euphoria physics;
>Downgraded damage physics;
>Only one radio station is worth listening to(Los Santos Rock Radio);
>Apart from sub machine guns, weapons barely have any recoil at all;
>Cops and enemies shooting accuracy is insane, and even worse in online;
>No safehouses that you can buy, can't get inside the business interiors that you can buy;
>No friendship perks;
>Can't discard your weapons;
>rushed endings;
>All cars handles like go-karts
>>
S.T.A.L.K.E.R is bland and boring
>>
File: mako.jpg (43KB, 680x384px) Image search: [Google]
mako.jpg
43KB, 680x384px
I actually liked driving the Mako
>>
>>386799447

This isn't an unpopular opinion on /v/ though. I see GTA V get shit on way more than I see it receiving praise.
>>
>>386799658

My nigga. Shame the planets were so fucking ass though.
>>
>>386798592
that's vice city, 3 had original music
>>
File: header.jpg (43KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43KB, 460x215px
Super Meat Boy can suck my dick. It is a terrible platformer wherein many of the later levels and band aid challenges require more luck than skill. I may be terrible at platformers but I got through Crash 2 and 3 so I'm not the worst in the world.

>>386799447
How would you rate it in comparison to all the prior 3D GTA games (Stories games included)?

>>386799658
Me 2 man. Wan'st perfect, but I cracked a stupid grin every time I got to control it.
>>
>>386799369
The only game that really feels dated is the first game in the series. Mechanically, Hitman 2 is the same as any of the other games barring Hitman 2016 and Absolution. Just be sure to get all the latest patches for the PC version to fix various bugs with newer Windows copies and widescreen monitors.
>>
>>386799748

That one really mountainous planet was a pain in the dick, not gonna lie.

But the first time a thresher maw popped out at me I was fucking stoked.
>>
>>386799670
Oh, honestly what I see around in the Internet is that a lot of people dislike V if you compare it to the rest of the series and I can see why.
Even though the "gaming critics" said it was the Holy grail of gaming Back when it was released on last gen, fucking degenerates.
Last gen version of the game was, at best, a beta version. And the current gen isn't that much better, apart from the updated graphics.
>>
>>386796085
Except that GTA 3 does have a map and icons. I remember the L for luigi.
>>
Politics do not belong in video games.
>>
>>386799954

I honestly enjoy GTA:O from time to time but the single player is forgettable trash.
>>
>>386800059
It has icons for the missions and safehouses but nothing for ammunation and pay and sprays. Also, the only map you have is that minimap as pausing the game doesn't give you a giant overworld map.
>>
>>386800059
Didn't have an in-game map, just the little HUD in the corner. I remember the game had a printed map packaged with it, which was actually a worthwhile addition unlike in the other games.
>>
>>386797478
This can't be more wrong. Literally everything in the game is designed so that it gives you time to form a plan. There is no "enemies popping up randomly and blindsiding you".
>>
>>386799898
It would rank at a solid 5th place in my list:

1: IV
2: San Andreas
3: Vice City Stories
4: IV: EFLC
5: V
6: Vice City
7: III
8: Liberty City Stories;
9: Chinatown Wars
10: II

I didn't play I and it's expansions to have a proper opinion on it.
>>
File: bloodrayne.jpg (1MB, 1712x1937px) Image search: [Google]
bloodrayne.jpg
1MB, 1712x1937px
>>386798171
Man, I remember being so disappointed in Midnight Club 4. 2 and 3 are god tier arcade racers with an excellent sense of speed, cuhrazy jumps, and intensely designed missions. Not to mention the great soundtracks.

>>386796085
I really like Bloodrayne. I think it does a great job of giving you a big box of toys to play with and just lets you wreck shit. Being able to pick up any gun, toy with your enemies, cut off any limb, the nonlinear objectives. It seemed like all the game design choices made the player feel like a badass vampire chick. It also had great atmosphere and a great soundtrack.

It also blew my mind that they had destructible cloth dynamics on such an old game.

The SHOWMEMYWEAPONS cheat was cool too, showing all of the weapons you are carrying strapped all over your body, which was way ahead of it`s time.
>>
>>386800113
I play Online everyday solely because of the content and because of my friends, also because currently no other game offers what Online has.

Single player part of the game, is at best a tutorial for Online, an afterthought.
>>
>>386799807
Vice Citys story was Scarface, but 3 used the Scarface soundtrack
>>
>>386800113
GTAV would have been better if the single-player was completely replaced with more co-op missions and heists for GTA:O. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like that for RDR2.
>>
>>386800280
Enemies even have tiny aggro boxes.
>>
>>386797498
So I guess yours is on point
>>
I've actually come to like GTA III a bit more than Vice City. I still love VC but III has a slightly more "polished" feel to me where VC felt more rushed.
>>
>>386800520
And kill what made the franchise of what it is today? That is dumb.

What R* should have done is sell Online as a separate game.
>>
>>386800086
Not that unpopular
>>
>>386796085
>Is has no map or icons (forcing you to learn the city, or else)
Yes it does, what the fuck are you talking about? Do you mean it doesn't have GPS that shows the road to take to your destination?
>>
File: fif8pc0f.jpg (61KB, 640x813px) Image search: [Google]
fif8pc0f.jpg
61KB, 640x813px
Final Fantasy 8.

I'm not sure how much of an unpopular opinion this is but the first disc of FF8 is by far one of my favorite RPG experiences. THe ending had my jaw on the floor the entire time and advanced the story as well as all the character arcs in meaningful ways
>I know this is a long video but it encompasses everything I love about the ending in this game.
>Absolute god tier that I don't think will be topped in a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y0twB4KmTk
>>
>>386797970
Faggot.
>>
>>386800778
Not trying to be a dick, but reinstall/play that game again, press the start button which should bring you to a giant overworld map, and then get back to us.
>>
>>386800717
I didn't say that's what they should have done, I said it would have been better. GTAV SP was so shit that literally just multiplayer content would have been more enjoyable.
>>
>>386800850
Oh right, that makes sense. I was thinking of the minimap.
>>
>>386796085
>>386796085
Videogames are not art, but this isn't a negative at all. People need to get over this idea of validating the medium by an arbitrary and quite frankly dated assessment of merit. Art is post-modern and meaningless, videogames have meaning despite this, in their ability to convey fun.

Crafting fun in a game is just that, a craft. We should treat videogame design the way we would a piece of architecture, not like we would a painting. Yes a bridge can look pretty, but if the fucker falls down and can't support cars driving over it, it is not a good bridge.
>>
>>386801049
The minimap was the only reason I got through that game. You're good.

>>386800291
Speaking as someone that loved Liberty City Stories, how was China Town Wars? Also I had never played Vice City Stories. Was it really that kickass? Also, unrelated to the GTA franchise, how do you feel about Bully and REd Dead Redemption? Worthy additions to the Rockstar lineup?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
>>386801280
SO what are some contrarian opinions you have towards the medium. What do you appreciate that you feel the mainstream fails to?

Portable OPS is a fantastic game that I feel is better than Peace Walker. I know the gameplay has many many things wrong with it, but I missing dragging boddies, stuffing them into lockers, and crawling on all fours. I know the recruitmen mechanic slowed the game to an absolute crawl but 17 year old me and my ADD raddled mind managed to pull it off. I expect others to as well.
>>
>>386801280
Furthermore:

We need to get over trying to revive old franchises through crowd-funding. The people who made those old games have changed, gotten older and don't have the same environment around them, the zeitgeist is gone.

The Tales series is stagnant as all fuck. Every game looks and plays the same, the difference between titles is minimal to none.
>>
>>386800915
Oh, now I get it, my bad.

Also other things I hated in V:

>The game tried to be this insanely action packed game with some humor on it, yet there is no jetpack;
>Actual UFOs and a fake big foot are present in the game, the whole fun of UFOs in San Andreas was the mystery, that made us ponder of it were real or not, in V they ruined it;
>The map, while it is detailed and beautiful, the layout is awful, Mount Chilliad takes almost half of the map, there are mountains everywhere, the "desert" is just a patch of sand and dirt at most, Los Santos airport is too big compared to the city, no other big cities;
>Peds gets passed and call the cops on you for literally anything you do;
>Limited wardrobe options, CJ had much more options back in SA;
>The multiple protagonist shtick was just a gimmicky that harmed the progression and character development of the story, soon as Trevor steps in Los Santos, Franklin becomes the third wheel in the story and doesn't do anything important at all.
>Shark Cards in Online are ruining the game and alienating the player base that thinks it's OK to spend $100 on virtual cash of a $60 game that won't even be enough to buy half the content of the last DLC.
>Player base in general is cancer.
>>
File: Splinter_Cell_Blacklist_PC.jpg (1MB, 1500x2115px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter_Cell_Blacklist_PC.jpg
1MB, 1500x2115px
This is my favourite Splinter Cell and probably one of my favourite games of the past 5 years.
>>
>>386801445
Believe me or not, Chinatown wars had a better story than V with a more interesting main character IMO, but you might find the gameplay awkward, God how I wish this game was remade in 3D using rage engine, would be a GOTY to forget that V exists.

Bully = Not so great story, but fucking fun game play with lots of contents to do, back when R* made games for us, players, and not for Take Two and money.

RDR = Fucking masterpiece, game play, story, characters, setting, just fucking perfect, I have no big complaints of this game at all, easily one of the best games of PS3 and X360 Era, dare I say it is the best.
Both were great additions to R* line up.
>>
File: FvBmp6l.jpg (558KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FvBmp6l.jpg
558KB, 1366x2048px
>>386801986
I absolutely adore that game. You're not alone. I know everyone and their mother sucks Chaos Theory's dick Blacklist was a perfection of many of their mechanics they had introduced in prior games. It is a game made for speedrunning.
>Although this game remains in my top 3 splinter cell games (conviction is included....don't judge), my absolute favorite game in the franchise is Splinter Cell 1. The level design is absolute god tier and still holds up to this day.
>>
>>386800280
I've literally been dropped by a suprise-fuck-you dragon, archers have tagged me coming around corners (only to switch to melee when I get near, drawn and ready to get into regular combat), boulders(barrels?) dropped down stairs, nudged off of cliffs by skulking fools in doorways, explosives set off by flaming archers through some bottleneck. It's less about observation, and more about remembering that the next corner is just up there, waiting to drop you off of a cliff, or a surprise ambush waiting around some other corner. It's not a challenge though, if you have the guide (not that I bother), since the gameplay is less about any sort of actual SKILL, and more about following 2 patterns and killing EVERYTHING.

But yeah, I'm super wrong. That game is more a matter of pure skill keeping people from having perfect first play-throughs. It's cool that you push that the opposite is true though.
>>
File: Splinter Cell after Chaos Theory.png (524KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter Cell after Chaos Theory.png
524KB, 1360x768px
>>386801986
>>
Fable 2 is better than Fable 1
>>
>>386802298

>no one mentions Red Dead Revolver to the point that RDR is Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Revolver might as well not even exist

Shame. I think Revolver is one of the best games ever made.
>>
>>386802337
does it? don't think I ever finished the first.
should get on that. these games hold up surprisingly well.
>>
>>386801445
Vice City Stories kicked butt around, it took Vice City's soundtrack and perfected it, V-Rock was better than ever and so were the rest of the radio stations.
The main character, for once, is not a pseudo action movie star and actually has humam qualities, only problem is that he is also a massive hypocrite.
Graphics were good for the time, very colorful.
Overall it's quite an underrated game in the franchise.
>>
>>386802408
I agree with you, but it's close. Fable 3 though is way, way behind.
>>
>>386802827

>buy every piece of property in Fable 3
>have to repair them individually in what may be the most offensively awful UI ever developed in vidya history

Oh yeah

>pause game
>literally have to load an entire level
>have to walk to separate rooms to accomplish what should have just been a couple seconds in a text menu

It must have added hours to my playtime doing what should have taken minutes
>>
FF7 might be a landmark game in terms of history, but as an actual game taken on its merit and not as a novelty it's not very good and is worse than both earlier 2D JRPGs and later 3D JRPGs. I would never replay it for fun and I think there's probably a lot of people who tried it as their first JRPG due to its popularity and were put off the genre because of it.
>>
>>386803056

FFVIII is my favorite FF.
>>
>>386802298
V really wasn't that bad. in fact it was great. there's an unpopular opinion.
>>
This is the first time I've seen an unpopular opinion thread where it doesn't consist of people saying "(well liked game) is SHIT and people who like it need to die of colon cancer"
>>
File: dreamcast-powerstone.jpg (91KB, 603x402px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast-powerstone.jpg
91KB, 603x402px
Powerstone 1 was better than 2 at being a fighting game and I alltogether had more fun in the first than second. Having that extra kick button was bitchin

>>386802408
Is it worth playing right meow? I played 6+ years ago and loved it, played 3 2+ years ago and while I enjoyed the game, I hate that it advanced the story significiantly once I had enough gold. Also it made me evil in spite of doing all the good options and paying for everything. My towns were expensive but everything was in pristine order. Also my bars were free to help with the impending doom.

>>386802472
I actually played Red Dead Revolver and it was a completely different beast from Redemption. As I remember, the game was a level based 3rd person shooter with absolute insane world design. If they could have taken the world design from 1 and the gameplay from 2 we'd have a batshit insane game. Also, while I enjoyed 2 (from what I played) the gunplay in 1 had way more weight to it (from what I remember).

>>386802298
You'd really rate Chinatown Wars that high? Well you made a believer out of me. Would it be okay to play on the DS compared to the PSP or does it matter?

Also thank you for providing your input on Bully/Red Dead. I saw that they were both avaialble on the 360's digital store and I now snatched them up. My PC is hot garbage and can't even run Half Life 2 so I'm glad to have somethign to sink my time into over the next couple months.

>>386802594
I know I might seem contrarian, but I highly recommend the first game. There isn't nearly as much freedom in tackling the levels but the level design itself was pulse pounding and had me invested the entire game. The level where you infiltrate the NSA (I think it's them) had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

>>386802681
I love everything you posted. Thank you for providing some genuine insight to a game I would have never played. Working on snagging a copy for myself. You're a true bro.
>>
File: ff9 prerendered.jpg (431KB, 1025x1300px) Image search: [Google]
ff9 prerendered.jpg
431KB, 1025x1300px
aesthetics, style and visual direction will always be more important than how powerful or detailed the graphics are.

also I'm not sure how unpopular this opinion is but I think pre-rendered backgrounds look great and I wish more modern games used them.
>>
File: maxresdefault1.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
Ratched Deadlocked was my favorite Ratchet game simply for the enjoyment it offered. It game me twin gun toting electricity launchers and an acid shotgun that could melt anyone that came up close. I know it didn't have the platforming expertise of prior games but it was a 3rd person platformer that kept me engaged from teh games start to its end.

>>386803258
I'm really stoked to hear that. I want this to be an unpopular opinion thread where people post their thoughts and are mature enough to understand that others have a drasticaly different opinion and that's cool too.
>Seenes like that's whats going on. The peeps in this thread are ballin.
>>
File: Manhunt Official Desktop.jpg (901KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Manhunt Official Desktop.jpg
901KB, 1600x1200px
Manhunt was one of my favorite horror games of the PS2 generation.

You can play with a mic, and turning it up all the way forces you to hold your breath to avoid being heard by enemies.
>>
File: header (1).jpg (53KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
53KB, 460x215px
I had more fun playing Chroma Squad than the last few tactics based RPG's I've played. No lie.

>>386803790
>also I'm not sure how unpopular this opinion is but I think pre-rendered backgrounds look great and I wish more modern games used them.
Not completely unpopular but definitely not the consensus.
>>
>>386803817
I know where your head is at in regards to Ratchet.

This is the predominant reason I'm against the circlejerking of Up Your Arsenal. The shooting is fine, but the level design is hamfisted to accommodate the gunplay. Levels will literally be interrupted abruptly and force you into arena where you fight waves of enemies. As opposed to the first two games where it was clearly more action adventure with shooting elements, 3 was an action adventure game with strict shooting sections.

Deadlocked at least went all the way with that gameplay style introduced in 3, but before that it was tepid.
>>
>>386796085
Oh hey, another one who loves GTA 3. The same reasons as me as well.

I would add that the missions are simple but it gives you so much freedom how to do it.
>>
>>386796085
You get bonus points in Liberty City for running over hipster macfags exiting a $tarbuck$.
Also COD has too many games, enough already!
>>
It hurts me to say this because I grew up with it, but Super Mario Sunshine is not a good game at all. The design is such a step down from 64, the game falls off a cliff in the second half, with some of the shines being an absolute chore to get. It's shame because the movement is solid and Mario has a lot of utility but the design just does not back it up.
>>
Red Dead Redemption is insanely overrated and Gun already did everything RDR wanted to do except better since it cut all the fat and boring padding and doesn't have the awful GTA4 era controls.
>>
>>386801445
CW is really good. I might be liked it more than IV and V.
>>
>>386803190
Well, a lot of people say the game is great but when I look for players opinions on most websites I look, V wasn't as good as the media makes it out to be.

If we had a Rotten Tomatoes for games, I believe critics score of V would sit at 9.5 while user's score wouldnt go past 7.5.

So I don't know, I guess my opinion is unpopular then?
>>
>>386803817
I agree with your opinion on deadlocked. Maybe one of my favourite games ever. Not to mention it actually had 2 player co-op.
>>
File: Hotline Miami Cover.png (575KB, 497x698px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline Miami Cover.png
575KB, 497x698px
I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not but Hotline Maimi 2 was terrible. IT took everything enjoyable about the first game and threw it out with the bathwater. I consider myself very good at the first and I found the second completely unplayable. It was a glithcy mess that had significinatly more problems than the first and the gameplay 100% encouraged start and stop gameplay that dragged the entire pacing down. Getting shot from outside my visual field is not hard. it is bullshit. Did they ever fix this via patches or is it still the same broken game as when I first played?

>>386804180
I appreciate that you have a different opinion than me and went out of your way to explain it in a very well done fashion. Which of the prior Ratchet games (PS3 games included) would you say are the best representation of platforming/shooting gameplay rather than just solely platforming or shooting?
>>
>>386804535
Gun is overrated in here and has a shitty map
>>
>>386804535
I loved Gun but after playing RDR I could never go back. Gun aged like fucking shit and there is almost nothing to do compared to RDR
>>
>>386803374
Get Chinatown wars on PSP, graphics are better, controls are better and has more content than the DS, also make sure to watch some gameplays beforehand so it won't shock you a little(the change of perspective can be annoying at first).

Also, The PS2 version of Vice City Stories has more content than the PSP, but it's not much, I think you might miss only some Minigames and clothes.
>>
>>386798189
Of course it is

It has the best remastered levels of the first game, it has the improved mechanics of Hitman 2, and it has its own really well designed level's, plus a narrative that let's you hooked up to the end even if it isn't that impressive.

For me: Contracts>2>1>>>Blood Money>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5

Didn't touch the new one.
>>
>>386804949
>>386804535
>>386804714
Red Dead Revolver is better than both Redemption & Gun.

Fuck the open world meme.
>>
File: Tifa_Advent_Children.jpg (25KB, 411x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tifa_Advent_Children.jpg
25KB, 411x360px
>>386796085
I prefer tifa's advent children outfit to her standard one
>>
>>386804535
I finally gave RDR a shot after getting a PS3 and I felt like I was playing MGSV again but with shittier gameplay. Just a big open desert with not much to do in it. Story didn't hook me either, just the standard GTA "meet a bunch of people that are to going to help you find your McGuffin or whatever". Got up to Mexico and dropped it, haven't looked back.
>>
>>386804695
I agree on Hotline 2. The levels had way too many windows out of your view that enemies would instantly kill you from in addition to having way more fucking enemies off screen shooting at you. I don't want to stop and take cover, strafing in and out of this corner, I wanna rampage through a level tossing baseball bats and shotgunning dudes at sonic speeds like the first game.
>>
File: SalvatoreLeone-GTAIII.jpg (34KB, 387x521px) Image search: [Google]
SalvatoreLeone-GTAIII.jpg
34KB, 387x521px
>>386804361
I pick a new way to kill Salvatore every new game. This time I decided to park a bunch of cars in front of his driveway and blow them up the second he tried to ram through them.

>>386804614
I may not agree with SA but I appreciate your passion.

>>386804845
I wuv you.

>>386805078
Which would you say is the best to start with?
>>
>>386805078

Not him, but no way. The first game shouldn't get a pass for being the first. It sucks donkey balls. I would rate it 3>BM>2>powergap>5>1 and I haven't played the new one.

Also, it should be mentioned, the Sniper Challenge minigame thing that you got when you bought the HD collection was dope as fuck, and so is the Hitman: Sniper mobile game.
>>
Batman: Arkham Knight is the best Arkham game. I know it's flawed, like the lack of any good boss fights, but at least the combat mechanics were the best out of the whole series. The Batmobile was also mostly fine aside from the game throwing a bit too many samey tank battles at you and I hope Rocksteady or WB Montreal hasn't let the criticism discourage the use of the Batmobile in a future Arkham game. I also thought the story was the best in the series, even if it also had some flaws, like Tim Drake being absolutely nothing like Tim Drake, the Arkham Knight being so obviously Jason Todd, and Jason himself being just a little whiny.

Honestly, I think the biggest missed opportunities of the whole game were the lack of any good boss fights (they didn't even really try ffs) and not having a taggable partner with you the whole time or at least giving you the option to take your choice of a partner with you, which would've done a lot to mix up the game outside of the Batmobile sections. Otherwise, it was pretty much the best Arkham game overall even if some of the other games did certain things better.
>>
>>386804695
Different strokes for different folks, I'm a Going Commando guy personally. I felt it was a good balance that nailed down the shooting mechanics that integrated it into an adventure platformer. The diversity of styles occurred organically to me in that game, and it felt like a progression from 1. The original is definitely stronger in regards to world design though, in aesthetic and in regards to pacing. The levels have a much better flow and I would argue the story is more grounded.
>>
>>386799898
> I got through Crash 2 and 3 so I'm not the worst in the world

anon...crash 2 and 3 are some of the easiest 3D patform out there
also, you shoundlt compare 3D platformer to 2D, they are totally different type of games
>>
File: Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg (45KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg
45KB, 288x345px
This and all of the souls games are not difficult. The perceived difficulty is an illusion based on the developers artistically crafting a sense of dread by making you run into various traps and placing overpowered enemies in certain places and making levels a maze, Etc.

Once you know the levels and you play without fear they are easy. I just ran a new play through a blood-borne for the first time in months and I'm already in NG + 8 and on the load game screen it says my play time is 33 hours and 41 minutes.
>>
File: Metroid Prime.jpg (229KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Prime.jpg
229KB, 800x1132px
It was awful and started the decline of the franchise. First person with platforming and excessive backtracking is not enjoyable gameplay. And scanning absolutely shredded the fucking pacing of the game. Enemy designs are fairly underwhelming as well. Makes me disgusted it was as praised as it was.
>>
"Games journalism" is thinly veiled marketing at best and leftist propaganda at worst. It's outdated in al most all respects, streamers have taken over the marketing aspect of the business and video essayists have taken over the more serious critique for those who are actually interested. These journalists are benign middlemen who offer no information in an information society, half of their articles are reacting to other articles, or twitter drama or "big events" that everybody watches on stream anyways. They are completely redundant and they know it. Just listening to the Gen-X Californian hipsters at places like Giant Bomb complain about not getting free games anymore, and certain sites being cult like in their opinions and propaganda is just sickening to me. If you ask me, our accelerationist society is not going fast enough, deport these fuckos.
>>
>>386805473

You've also probably played a lot of old vidya.

Imagine a teenager who grew up playing shit like Infamous, nu-Tomb Raider, Skyrim etc. getting their hands on Souls for the first time. It is noticeably more difficult than your average, modern AAA single player game.
>>
File: Untitled.png (735KB, 1236x616px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
735KB, 1236x616px
I don't buy games that that black guy shills for.
>>
>>386805582
Anon, please. There are some grievances I have with the Prime series, like the game's not being as fast-paced as the 2D games but the first two are still among the greatest games of all time. Also, Prime had fuck all to do with Other M anyway, which is the real blight of the series.
>>
>>386797478
>>386802356
I beat the entire game and I never got fucked up by any of the 'unfair' moments you mention because I'm not retarded. Dark Souls is actually generally super chill about letting you learn how to play the game and it expects common sense and situational awareness out of you
>>
>>386796085
life is strange can suck my cock, its hipster trash, the only good thing is the music wich it just bought
>>
>>386805926
He said game anon
>>
>>386805926
What even is that game? A point and click about some college girl with psychic powers or something?
>>
>>386805592
thats not a particularly unpopular opinion here.
>>
File: bl16.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bl16.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I like the Borderlands games despite their flaws and controversies.
>>
>>386806058
it tries to copy the walking dead but the story is straight up trash
>>
File: 2300281-freedom_force.jpg (135KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
2300281-freedom_force.jpg
135KB, 640x908px
Freedom Force is one of the best superhero games of all time and it's never talked about. The game's gameplay is still tight as all hell and while it's punishing, it never feels absolutely unfair. The story is astounding in an old Silver Age sort of way and the graphics have a certain charm to them.
>FOR FREEDOM!!!!

>>386805380
I like you. I consider Arkham Origins to have the best story but nothing can compare to Arkham Knight in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>386798171
I gotta say I love GTA4 for the attention to detail but it's got a real rough schism with the tone and mood of the story it wants to create.

Niko is a serious motherfucker that has seen some shit doing serious missions for serious people....in a world full of dick jokes and sex puns and civilians yelling profanities in cartoonish over-the-top voices.

I really fucking love the fact that you can shoot someone in the arm and they drop their gun. I love that going through a closing store has you physically browse for the item. I love that driving is actually challenging.

But man does the main story not mesh with the world. The radio stations are also not nearly as good as San Andreas or VC.

rec me some porn/nudity mods pls
>>
>>386806205

Freedom Force is a great game, and is criminally under the radar. The Third Reich expansion/standalone/whatever was also good. Damn, I might reinstall this now.
>>
I enjoyed the new Ratchet & Clank, despite having the knowledge that it's inferior to the most of the older games in almost every way aside from visuals. And even that's debatable.
>>
>>386806061
It needed to be said.
>>
>>386806194
Narrative driven point and clicks existed long before walking dead
>>
>>386806205
>I like you. I consider Arkham Origins to have the best story but nothing can compare to Arkham Knight in terms of gameplay.
Speaking of Arkham Origins, that game was the second best game in the series. It had better gameplay than City since it was literally just City with some new shit. It also had the second best story in the franchise. A lot of people cry "but muh Arkham City," but I always felt like that game was unfocused as fuck since it had like three main plot threads going on at once. One of the only games I can say that by the end of the game, I had completely lost track of what was going on or what I was doing plot-wise just because there was too much unrelated shit going on at once. AO had the best boss fights in the series too, even if it still needed some work in that area.
>>
>>386806487

>fuck da libz needed to be said

Did it really? I think we've all heard this.
>>
>>386806695
The liberal shit is fine, it's more the redundancy that hasn't been pointed out as much and I find much more egregious.
>>
>>386796085
hi r/4chan/ XD

i'm so unpopular omgosh pls dont upvot- i mean downvote lol hehe

-.- baka h8rs just stfu -.-' sigh....
>>
Incoming scrub, I'm the reason games are marketed towards casuals these days.

Punishing gameovers and meaningful penalties for dying are unnecessary. It's one thing to make something challenging and it's another to waste my time and inconvenience me if I'm not good enough. Having to repeat whole sections and not providing some sort of strategy to get through it faster, especially when the death is caused by a difficult enemy at the very end of the section, does nothing to make a game more enjoyable. Also, while some secrets and additional content being locked behind challenges is fine, the majority of a game should be accessible to anyone at any skill level.
>>
File: Metroid_fusion.jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_fusion.jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
I haven't played through all of Super Metroid to get a firm opinion, but I significantly enjoyed Metroid Fusion more than Zero Mission.

>>386806396
Purchase it on GOG. THe Steam version is bugged to all hell and virtually unplayable without modding in some way.

>>386806565
If I were to ever meet you in person, I'd buy you a beer. I enjoy everything you posted.
>>
>>386796085
I enjoy DayZ and want it to succeed and hit Beta then 1.0
>>
File: 847.gif (63KB, 398x336px) Image search: [Google]
847.gif
63KB, 398x336px
>>386796531
The reason people say JO > JA is because of the dueling FFA multiplayer servers. In JO you had three clearly defined stances and the skill ceiling was sky high. In JA they added fucktarded staff and double sabers with zero skill ceiling and janky as fuck hitboxes that could one shot someone with those retarded butterfly moves. And the single saber's animations/timings got all messed up, too.

No one really cares about JO/JA SP, they're both serviceable but massively inferior to JK/MotS.
>>
>>386806508
yes but its really simelar to the walking dead
>>
>>386800635
I just don't like that water is everywhere in VC yet you still drown when its up to your knees.
>>
>>386806876
>DayZ
Does anyone even play that anymore?
>>
>>386796085
Resident evil is motherfucking joke and silent hill is a superior brand in every way
>>
I really liked Skyward Sword. It's one of my favorite Zelda's.

I don't really get the hate, I thought it was really well made and pretty solid.
The movement felt pretty nice and fluid, I didn't feel restricted like the game was made of tiles.
The waggle controls weren't actually that bad, it was actually a pretty novel experience since it actually worked. The menus were super fucking snappy and made great use of the motion+.

I even enjoyed the aesthetic. Some of the dungeons and environments were pretty neat.
I really loved the motif for the Fire Sanctuary. The whole Southeast Asia feel was pretty fresh.

I understand it's not as serious feeling as TP or any of the other games, but as an individual game I think it's pretty decent.
>>
>>386806973
Yup! 3k stable players and Beta will bring back the masses with mod support.
www.dayzgame.com/blog/
>>
File: my nigga.png (45KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
my nigga.png
45KB, 500x350px
>>386806862
>If I were to ever meet you in person, I'd buy you a beer. I enjoy everything you posted.
My nigga

Also, ZM > Fusion but not really significantly so. They're both amazing games and AM2R is right up there with them.
>>
Darkest of Days was the most interesting game that came out 2009.
>>
Swadia is the worst faction. Khergit is god tier
>>
>>386807341
>Swadia is the worst faction
Preach it sister
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (81KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
81KB, 960x720px
MEgaman Zero 1 is a fantastic game even if everyone considers it one of the weaker of the series. It definitely needed some additonal work but the game is one of the few that gradually taught the player how to be better (with a lot of restarts in the process).

>>386806903
While I enjoy JA singleplayer more than JO, I can conced that JO had the more polishedsaber combat.
>devmapall pit
>Spawn any enemy and go to town.
>Is JK & MotS worth it today?

>>386807131
>>386807131
>and AM2R is right up there with them.
Again, love everything you posted. Havne't gotten all the way through that game but the gameplay is unbelievalbly polished. I don't know what I was expecting, but not what we got. Not what we got by a longshot.
>>
The only game I'm looking forward to is Dead Island 2
>>
>>386807558
After the first one I have no hope for 2
>>
>>386802408
I wish 2 was on PC.
I used to have a ton of fun playing co op with my friends and fucking around on the game.
>>
>>386807529
>Havne't gotten all the way through that game but the gameplay is unbelievalbly polished. I don't know what I was expecting, but not what we got. Not what we got by a longshot.
I still need to go back to it and beat it in under 2 hours, do that while getting 100% and do Hard mode as well but it's a legitimately incredible game. Even as a fan game, it absolutely stands up right next to ZM and Fusion as being some of the best games in the series. Maybe even better than them, I don't know. I think it's a game that every Metroid fan should play.

Anyway, it's been nice talking to you, anon. Godspeed.
>>
>>386807341

VAEGIRS MY NAYGERS
>>
>>386807529
JK & MotS is probably my favorite game/expac of all time, more or less defining my childhood, so I will always say absolutely, but I am extremely biased. It's a bit of a pain to get running, but it ran flawlessly for me on Win7 about three years ago, once I got it all set up. Don't remember what all I did but there are guides out there.
>>
Fallout > New Vegas > Fallout 2
>>
>>386807978
No. NV > 2 > 1
>>
>>386808136
LOL even 3 was better than NV
>>
>>386807978
FO2 > NV >>> FO > rancid milk > BoS > dog shit >>>>>> FO3 > literal AIDS >>>>>>>>>>>>> FO4
>>
>>386807670
I can put some headphones on, listen to music, and play dead island mindlessly for hours. Comfy af for a melee/zombie game
>>
Here's where I probably invalidate myself. I will argue that Bioshock 1 and 2 are the better games but I had way more fun plowing through Infinite as the swashbuckling adventure it was. I know that may make me a pleb but I'm okay with that. >>386807757
You toon kickass anon. You too.

>>386807930
FUCK YOU !!!!! Now I have to download JK and play it to completion. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!!!!!
>>
>>386800165
But that's wrong
>>
>>386797297

I agree

Claptastic Voyage was also a better DLC than literally every other DLC in the first 2 games
>>
>>386808209
??? How? It's typical Bethshit while NV had people from FO 2
>>
>>386808359
I really don't think so. Play the game again anon. They may give you an icon initially but they disappear and force you to learn all the islands like that back of your hand.
>>
I actually like Drakengard 1 final boss despite getting fucked in the ass for more than one hour
I suk at rhythm

>>386807529
>MEgaman Zero 1 is a fantastic game even if everyone considers it one of the weaker of the series
I thought that was 4,I won't deny that 1 is underrated though
>>
File: 1630385-yun_defeated.png (217KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
1630385-yun_defeated.png
217KB, 640x300px
>>386808349
Don't forget MotS too. Oh, and make sure it plays the FMV cutscenes, that took the longest to fix, but they're so worth it for the cheesiness.
>>
Bethesda has never released an engaging game except for arguably Dishonored.
>>
File: IMG_1216.gif (3MB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1216.gif
3MB, 400x325px
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is better than the original, take your shitty Tech Demo out of my face, the portrait ghosts were cool but that's it

While both games are mediocre at best, i actually perfer Sticker Star over Color Splash. The Sticker Book was much better than Cards and it had better exploration than CS.

Apollo Justice is better than the first Ace Attorney
>>
>>386801718
this.
I played PO recently and man, it makes some things way better than PW. also, I find crazy how this title, not even a full Kojima game, changed the fate of the saga. PW,GZ and V are just the evolution of this game. it's ridiculous
>>
Animal crossing is the best nintendo franchise.
>>
>>386808391
But the Mojave was so fucking dull
>>
File: boxshot_uk_large.jpg (159KB, 480x678px) Image search: [Google]
boxshot_uk_large.jpg
159KB, 480x678px
even though I loved Dead Rising series, I desire they would never existed in the first place, so it could gave a chance to this game to get a sequel and begin a saga. It's 2017 and I'm still sad about this not happening
>>
File: PK2gjMC.jpg (273KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
PK2gjMC.jpg
273KB, 1162x850px
>>386807341
>>
>>386802337
I loved Conviction. Working for JBA and getting 100% with no kills was satisfying as hell. Also, the cruise ship and prison levels were a Fucking clinic on stealth level design.
>>
>>386798697
that spiderman game was fucking good, wish i still had it and a ps1
>>
File: epilepsyattack.gif (545KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
epilepsyattack.gif
545KB, 320x213px
I think the original .hack// games (infection/mutation/outbreak/quarantine) are better than the GU games in both story and gameplay, even though I believe GU has more content
>extremely few anime cliches, acts more like a classical work of fiction with some neat gibsonesque ideas thrown in
>surreal artstyle really makes you think about how The World is an illusion and isn't trying to simulate reality, unlike GU which goes for the typical steampunk style instead of the celtic+cyberpunk+surreal geography of the first games
>grind, loot, trade, sell gameplay formula is more focused, faster, and more rewarding than the various distractions in GU, which has actually downgraded the fields into dungeons OR fields instead of having every field contain a dungeon as well
>data drain is taken out of the normal gameplay formula that forces you to use what amounts to an internal game genie to defeat glitched enemies with infinite HP as bosses, using it strategically could give you an edge out of grinding, such as super rare equipment or massive amounts of money, whereas GU just uses them for boring discount-zone of the enders boss battles and forces you to farm for rare drops instead of allowing Haseo to be a filthy cheater like Kite
>story is fucking stupid in GU with tons of unnecessary melodrama in which the writers didn't seem to understand the subject matter or even human interaction at all
>IMOQ doesn't have the stupid mandatory pvp tournament mode that's shoved down your throat because of story, instead it has a winding plot concerning actually interesting ideas, such as going to strange places to see strange things and solve a cyberspace mystery for its entire plot
>kite is way more likable throughout his entire series than haseo who starts off likable but is kind of bland by the end
>no muh chosen one story
>IMOQ's music is a thousand times more catchy and memorable than GU's, which just overwhelms itself with pretentious opera-esque music

I could go on
>>
>>386802356
This. I've attempted to play and didn't enjoy the games. But even watching friends n family who love it play through, they still get killed 80x and it's always on the first encounter with something. "Oh ok, I didn't see that guy" "damn, ight, the bridge must spawn so and so, gotta book it to here first". It's like the game play itself isn't really hard, it's just getting to know these encounters and inching forward
>>
>>386809815
Sorry, GU is better for one reason: https://youtu.be/KR_2KWlLNdY
>>
Halo: Reach was not only the best Halo game, but also the pinnacle of console FPS. No console FPS will ever match its multiplayer.
>>
>>386807341
How is this unpopular? Swadia -is- shit. Horsefuckers being god-tier is debatable but eh.
>>
>>386798047
GIDDIYAP YA DANG NAG
>>
>>386800291
>I didn't play I and it's expansions to have a proper opinion on it.
London '69 is nearly unplayable for everyone driving on the wrong side of the road. You'd think it'd be a minute thing and you'd adapt after a few buttttttttttttt you don't. Every time you turn you drive headfirst into another car. Completely ruined.
>>
Indigo Prophecy is a game that everyone needs to play at least once in their life, ending be damned. The story isn't the greatest in the world but in terms of providing an experience, unparalleled to say the least. To anyone who's played it, how's the remake Farenheit?

>>386809762
You can still snag it on PC (not emulation). I say give it a go.

>>386809815
>I think the original .hack// games (infection/mutation/outbreak/quarantine) are better than the GU games in both story and gameplay, even though I believe GU has more content
My man!!!! I plowed through Infection as was eager for more. I played through the first GU title and while I was interested, it just didn't feel the same.

>>386810027
I may not say the pinnacle of multiplayer FPS as my vote goes to Timesplitters, but it is by far my favorite Halo game and the seamless transition from SP to MP in Reach was astounding (better than Timesplitters). The art design was unparalleled and the excellent gameplay keeps me coming back. Part of the reason why Reach is always installed on my XBOX.
>>
File: Its_Elk.jpg (40KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
Its_Elk.jpg
40KB, 350x400px
>>386809983
>not wanting to bully shota-endrance into doing dungeons with you without Mia
What are you, gay? He was way more adorable when he was a wee-elk
>>
>>386810437
>Indigo Prophecy is a game that everyone needs to play at least once in their life, ending be damned. The story isn't the greatest in the world but in terms of providing an experience, unparalleled to say the least. To anyone who's played it, how's the remake Farenheit?

It's the exact same game. Called Farenheit in the rest of the world, Indigo Prophecy in the USA.
>>
>>386810460
Yeah, but getting to marry him after all that time spent with him was even better, honestly. Shame they played it as a joke. Maybe in the remaster it'll be serious.
>>
I like DmC more than others Devil May Cry.
>>
Mario is a series I can respect but Galaxy is the only game I really like. DKC and Genesis era Sonic are better than the 2D Marios by a long shot.
>>
>I'm only interested in a video game if it is online multiplayer competitive
>SFV sucks, MVCI looks garbage, and I am done playing Capcom fightan games
>The next upcoming game worth being hype for is MTG: Arena
>>
>>386805026
get out
>>
>>386810437
>>386810674
Also
>the story isn't great
The story is pants-on-head retarded. It set David Cage's name in stone as a synonym for a plot going completely bananas out of leftfield.
It ruined one of the greatest narrative setpieces of all time in gaming (the murder intro).
>>
>>386810752
I may not agree completely with this opinon but DmC is nowhere near the atrocity that people make it out to be. I had a ton of enjoyment from that game, no lie.
>>
>>386798189

Contracts had a great balance of difficult versus gameplay improvement.

IMO BM was too easy even on Professional. You could run around like a retard and nobody would notice. In Contracts if you rana round and bumped into everyone your disguise was blown asap.
>>
File: lol.gif (18KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
18KB, 150x150px
>>386810709
>shame they played it as a joke
Yeah, that's what it was. A joke. But the friendship Kite had with him was NO JOKE, how can you possibly compare a joke romance with the sheer emotional power of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZlqaVw3xEo

Skip to 4:20
>>
>>386810752
I'm with ya. The game play was just too god damned fun. Many a drunk nights spent with loud music and S rankings.
>>
>>386808386

Tiny Tina's DLC for 2 is superior
>>
>>386799369
This is non ironically the only Castlevania game I enjoy. Something about the characters, style, area, and presentation felt perfect.

I love this game, and it's the only one I've ever beaten no matter how much I try to love some of the other "better" ones.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (235KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
235KB, 1280x720px
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 is one of the greatest dungeon crawlers I've ever played by a longshot, it has a meaty campaign and a wealthy of extra quests to sink your time into. I know the Steam release initially needed a lot of work done but it's tall fixed now and it's a dream to play. Second game didn't have anywhere near as many problems starting out and it's still a ton of fun to play

>>386811056
Would you say Contracts is a good place to start or go with either 2 or BM?
>>
>>386810437
The first half of this game was really fun and interesting and I was super excited to see where it would go. Then the second half you're banging some girl in a post apocalyptic trainstation and having matrix battles with a guy, the fuck was that? What in god's name happened during development to make it like this?
>>
I can't stand it whenever someone says Morrowind was the best elder scrolls game and before anyone starts bitching that it's because i'm too dumb to understand such a "high quality atmosphere" I've played through it multiple times. The problem I have is 1% fun 4% missed swings/spells 5% where the fuck do i go 90% paying a trainer to train you. If youre trying to level a skill that's miscellaneous without trainers or exploiting then fucking forget it.
>>
>>386810947
no
>>
File: Charyb talking.png (325KB, 320x658px) Image search: [Google]
Charyb talking.png
325KB, 320x658px
Sonic Chronicles has a bad presentation, but is a very fun game with a good story and characters. Also, the boss/battle music is great.
>>
>>386797478
THIS. Somebody gets it!
>>
I enjoyed all the assassin's creed games
>>
>>386811156
I know, I know, but you gotta understand, being given the option to romance a dude, especially one with such a long history in the franchise, it felt so good. Even if it was a joke, at the time I'd never been given a love interest I was personally interested in.
>>
>>386797478
Literally all the souls games are is rolling at the right time
>>
>>386805857
Yet you totally ARE retarded, you don't have to defend your love of FromSoftware in an unpopular opinions thread, yet you're still compelled to do JUST that(and find time to throw shade on anyone who got tired of bullshit moments because they weren't playing with a guide on their side.) I repeat though that it takes no skill to play/beat the games, it's the surprises that take you out, not the "difficulty".

But also, in case you forgot already,
>unpopular opinions
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (200KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
200KB, 1024x768px
I'm not sure how often this is stated so I'll go with not popular, but Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is probably the best game in Radical Entertainment's catalog. Prototype 1 & 2 were fucking phenomenal in the gameplay department but Hulk was the perfect blend of story or and gameplay. It was a punishing game though. Need to go back and give it a look.

>>386811491
WOuld you say that Oblivion is a good Elder Scrolls to start with?

>>386811291
You're good people anon. I've posted a lot of opinions here and gotten much more favorable reactions than I've ever expected. I'm glad to read that many others see what I see in these games.
>>
Alpha Dream should've never put the effort to make the Superstar Saga remake, nostalgia fags will never be satisfied, they should've just made a new game in general

Dark Souls 3 is the better single player game while Dark Souls 2 is the better multiplayer game

Crash Mind Over Mutants was a pretty entertaining game, the effort they put in the characters and especially the cutscenes were made with love
>>
File: hack5005.jpg (304KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hack5005.jpg
304KB, 640x480px
>>386811867
>praising a dating simulator
Just stop. This is the stupid otaku crap I was talking about that butchered this series. The set romantic relationship between Kite and BlackRose was a million times better written than the shoddy tacked on optional romances of GU. Quality > Quantity. Maybe it worked better FOR YOU, but objectively it was just another piece of shit writing on a mountainous shit-heap of terrible writing that was GU.
>>
Batman Arkham Knight was a pretty good fucking game, never understood the hate for the Batmobile, I thought it's usage was fun

The only criticism I will agree with was Deathstroke being a copy and paste Arkham Knight Car fight but that's it
>>
>>386811427

Contracts would be a good game to start, yeah.

It will be hard going back to 2 from Contracts however. 2 is a very very rough game. It's a less perfected version of 3. The AI is incredibly buggy and jumpy as hell. Simply walking in front of some NPCs can trigger them blowing your disguise and gunning you down, and not in a "This is cool because it's somewhat realistic" way either.

Contracts also has some great fucking maps, and some great revisions of maps from CN47 that do a better job than the originals did. Don't let /v/aggots on here tell you otherwise. Maps in CN47 were fucking labrynthian in design and were a nightmare to navigate. Contracts revisions are superior. Even TotT.
>>
>>386797787
I think the main plot is a little weak, it has interesting moments but never felt that compelling, it kinda felt like there were chunks of the story missing. Still my favorite GTA though
>>
>>386799447
There has never been a likable GTA main character
>>
File: 1493142063348.gif (1MB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493142063348.gif
1MB, 257x200px
>>386812075
Bruh, my initial post wasn't really serious. I mean, I really did like being able to romance a dude for once, but that making it actually better than the previous games was tongue-in-cheek. No need to be so angery.
>>
>>386806857
I value your opinion Anon. I think there should be a scrub-mode in EVERY game. This, to me, would allow those who have a lower skill-level to enjoy games in many of the same ways that people who live and breathe games do (or don't, I guess, w/e). I kind of miss the availability of cheat-codes in games. Nowadays it seems like they leave such things out in lieu of paid-content and pre-order stupidity. Sometimes I want to demo that shit before earning it in a more legit fashion.
>>
>>386796085

GTA3 turns into shit when everybody in the city hates you and starts shooting you at sight, making later missions, or even staying in one place for too long, infuriating.
>>
File: promo322520083.jpg (680KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
promo322520083.jpg
680KB, 1920x1080px
I know not everyone will agree, but Resident Evil 6 is an astonishing game that easily has the best gameplay in the series. It improves on so many things from RE5 and the manuvarability of the characters allows the player to tackle the monsters in new and interesting ways that make you feel like a badass (even when having limited ammo). IT is SOOOOO much better than peeps give it credit for and is still more than worth a play.

>>386812154
Would you still say Hitman 2 is worth a play or should I just disregard entirerly? I have a higher tolerance for older game than most people on this board (because I feel like it's still populated with summerfags, no offensive).
>>
File: 1499865369598.jpg (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499865369598.jpg
98KB, 500x500px
Resident Evil 4 is the best Resi.
>>
Sunshine is the best 3D Mario game
>>
>>386799447
>No storyline expansions

You can blame GTA Online for this. There was going to be storyline DLC, but the massive success of Online caused Rockstar to mainly focus on that and cancel whatever storyline DLC they had planned.

>Cops and enemies shooting accuracy is insane, and even worse in online

The cops' accuracy in particular is what makes going on rampages in GTA V so much less fun compared to the other games. You can't have much fun for long while slaughtering everyone in your sight when you get killed so easily. It fucking sucks because going on rampages is one of my most favorite things about the GTA series.

>rushed endings

Ending C, the ending where Michael, Trevor, and Franklin all live, should've been the only ending. It's basically the golden ending, AKA the canon ending. The other two endings are terrible and unnecessary.
>>
>>386811940
Amazing game. I agree, much better than both proto games. I still like em tho
>>
>>386812525
>Resident Evil 6 is an astonishing game
Lean, I know it is you.
>>
>>386812671
agreed, but I liked 64's music better.
>>
File: 1475222924638.jpg (95KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1475222924638.jpg
95KB, 600x338px
>>386812363
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
Game and Wario was a pretty good game
>>
>>386812525

If that's the case I would say start at 2. It's definitely worth playing despite its rough AI. It will also give you a greater appreciation for the changes and tweaks made in later games.

Personally, Contracts is my favorite Hitman game though. Amazing atmosphere, great and interesting story, amazing soundtrack, and it has a good balance of difficulty and challenge.

Blood Money is an excellent game, I just personally found it too easy and forgiving despite it being a great assassination playground game.

2016 is really fucking good. Expected nothing after Absolushit, but was very pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: Zk-DI.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zk-DI.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
I'm not sure how unpiopular of an opinion this is, but I have overwhelmingly seen /co/ shit on Telltale as a developer for absolutely refusing to evolve it's series (or not as fast as people would like). Because of this, many of /vg/'s base attack these games simply because they don't break the prior trend rather then being awful games.

In result, I enjoy most of the Telltale Games (Wolf Among Us being my favorite) and I'd like to recomment Batman: Telltale Seaosn 1 to any Batman fan in the audience. It pays homage to Batman lore while doing it's own thing. I've never seen a Batman game prior to this one that pays equal attention to Bruce Wayne as well as Batman. The game offered me things I didn't even know I wanted until this game. Still a Telltale game that could use an extra month of two of polish, but still a great way to spend your weekend.

>>386812389
You're a very considerate type of gamer anon that is sorely missed around here.

>>386812460
As much as I love GTA3, I don't disagree. What you listed is easily the absolute worst part of the game. I can't even go on POrtland Island anymore without being shredded by goons with fucking shotguns. WITH FUCKING SHOTGUNS!!!!!
>>
File: Phyllo.jpg (29KB, 172x262px) Image search: [Google]
Phyllo.jpg
29KB, 172x262px
>>386812851
At least we can agree that Roots had the best music, with Boukoku Kakusei Catharsis
>>
>>386805427
>that ice planet

ey yo call my name and save me from the dark nigga
>>
>>386813086
If only GTA3 had adopted the respect system of GTA2 (with some tweaks here and there), it would have been much better.
>>
>>386812569

By that logic Prey is the best prey.
>>
File: bully.png (113KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
bully.png
113KB, 300x300px
Bully is the best Rockstar game ever made, bar none
>>
File: 26774054495_db8d2fded5_b.jpg (270KB, 829x1024px) Image search: [Google]
26774054495_db8d2fded5_b.jpg
270KB, 829x1024px
I unironically love Space of Duty.
The series going back to WWII is a waste.
>>
File: majorasMask.jpg (373KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
majorasMask.jpg
373KB, 1280x1707px
Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time.

I feel people bias toward favoring Ocarina is due to two factors: that they played it before MM and/or they just found it too difficult in comparison. MM adds so much more content to the franchise and gives the player a very flexible way to play the game. The endless repeating three day cycle adds an ever present feel of danger that makes the end game that much better. Collecting all the masks, even the last day before you take on the final boss, makes it that much sweeter.
>>
>>386813530
That's not an unpopular opinion, it's the opinion of a silent minority.
>>
>>386813508
Exactly
>>
File: Aura.jpg (595KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Aura.jpg
595KB, 1200x1200px
>>386813156
you have to be fucking kidding roots was awful in every fucking way, absolute most abysmal anime in the series, let alone in the .hack series, you fucking HAVE to be joking

How can you possibly think that garbage was better than anything else in this series? MAYBE legend of the twilight, but everyone agrees that was shit
(sign)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIZxQFO6Oe0

(liminality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9j8Y8jFQTM

(IMOQ)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUrU0gu2mN0

Even GU had better music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFuGWvEISk0

On a side note, I also loved how IMOQ was pretty meta with its music. Since a ton of the game is based on Ring of the Nibelungs (Wagner) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTaH8USQH4

The actual rings of the guardians are modeled after Alberich's cursed ring of the Rhinegold, and the music in Delta Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground is done in the polyphonic style of Wagnerian Opera, and it carries over into the GU version of that song, and that aspect was super unique to that area, loved that shit
>>
>>386813530
It's lacking in content outside the school grounds, that's it biggest problem. If there was more to explore and do around the town, then it would be a much better game.
>>
>>386813965
I meant majority*
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>386813802
I feel like Black Ops 1 was my favorite Call of Duty bar non.The story was enthralling, the multiplayer was god tier (I ineveted close to a hundred hours on console, don't know how it is now on PC), and the Zombie mode and maps were the best in the franchise. For someone that enjoys the SP of Call Of Duty, this game does not dissapoint.

>>386813530
Really? Not trying to be sarcastic. Would you say that game holds up today?
>>
>>386812308
Niko is quite likeable, especially considering he's mentally deranged
>>
>>386809823
Hmm almost as if you cant predict everything that happens and the game rewards you for understanding a situation and adapting. The difficulty is not the main draw of the souls series and if someone is telling you it is, theyre a retard who missed the point. The enjoyment is that its an extremely satisfying combat system that rewards patience and conscious thinking while having a really solid sense of atmosphere and style. Why do you want a game where you can easily breeze throughout without ever dying? Thats what it sounds like youre describing. Why is failing or dying something that irks you so much?
>>
>>386814041
You are really bad at detecting sarcasm, my friend. Yes, it was also a joke. Phyllo was literally the only bearable thing in the entire anime.
>>
>>386813970

I like system shock, but I'm also not a fucking douchebag.

RE4 is trash, we all know why, it was your first just admit that and this'll end there.
>>
>>386813802

Sledgehammer doing WW2 is the waste

I would've preferred if Treyarch did it since they know their shit

Sledgehammer is fucking up on so many ways that it's pissing me off
The recent weapons gameplay video is making me snap
>>
>>386814160
not as well as other games like Max Payne or GTA IV, but it holds up very well
>>
File: 1481794614872.jpg (66KB, 880x496px) Image search: [Google]
1481794614872.jpg
66KB, 880x496px
>>386814474
Ah, I see

You must understand my inability to understand sarcasm after so many years of listening to people say in all seriousness that "SAO is a better version of .hack!" I have dark rings around my eyes so bad I look like a lord of the sith
>>
>>386814580
Not him, RE2 was my first, and RE4 is my favorite. RE4 > RE3 > RE = RE2
>>
Skyrim is arguably the best Elder Scrolls game. The overworld map is miles better than the others (inb4 some fag thinking Winterhold is everywhere) the factions are appropriate for the setting, and the combat is passable. Really, though, it's more that the older games have mechanics that really drag them down, and while you could handwave it all away with muh mods, it doesn't change the fact that they've aged poorly. That said, Skyrim is also incredibly shallow, and if it had actual depth to it, it would certainly be the best ES game.
>>
>>386814736
But SAO is genuinely one of the worst anime created in the recent past? I don't understand how anyone can stand that garbage. Pretty much any MMO anime is better. I particularly liked Log Horizon.
>>
>>386814383
This probably goes off on a crazy tangent that's not worth exploring, but why the fuck IS failure acceptable? I get its a game, but if it doesn't get to you some kind of way, then I don't understand how you get satisfaction for overcoming things.

More to your point though, I don't dislike difficulty. And I don't think that dying and overcoming the same encounter the next time just because you know it's there is any more artificial than bumped health pots or higher numbers of enemies. But when thats praised as a main gameplay element, i cant get behind that. I'm the guy who plays through a story mode once on the hardest setting, just to grind out gear and trophies and what not, then goes to NG+ to just demolish shit. Much enjoying the second playthrough. Honestly when I play single player, I just want to be enthralled. Story and atmosphere is infinitely more important to my personal enjoyment than game play.
>>
>>386815125
I don't particularly like the idea of "MMO anime", I liked .hack because it was really good. I do agree though, SAO is pretty mediocre run-of-the-mill shonen shit. I don't understand how people can possibly compare them. Never seen LH but I heard it was good.
>>
File: screenshot3.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot3.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I never thought these words would come out of my mouth but Broforce is one of the greatest games I've ever played. The gamelay is responsive and the level destruction ensure no two runs are ever exactly the same. I wish I could say more but it is an incredibly well put together game with a definite purpose which is to recreate every insane action movie setpiece and to make it your own.

>>386814649
Treyarch is easily my favorite COD developers. They actually try to make each game their own rather than Mindless hitscan shooter 48.

>>386814726
Are you referring to the most recent Max Payne game (that was developed by Rockstar) or are you including the first 2 as epic games? Not judging, just want to know what I should add to my future catalog.
>>
>>386814383
>>386815374
Let me say now, too though; As you said, all the Souls games have AMAZING Atmosphere and style. I honestly want to like them. But the frustration outweighs that. If I wanna be angry, I'll go back to reality.
>>
>>386815472
My mistake, I thought Rockstar played a part in the first 2 for a sec. But yea, I was referring to the first 2
>>
>>386814832
>morrowind
>aged poorly
That's why it still has an active modding scene to this day right
>>
File: 642c911ab096dfe2cd104a6c8c69cd96.jpg (421KB, 640x1121px) Image search: [Google]
642c911ab096dfe2cd104a6c8c69cd96.jpg
421KB, 640x1121px
I absolutely love the Burnout Games with Legends being my absolute favorite, but should never never ever have been an open world game. Critics can rave about it all they want, but the game was better as a level based progression.

Also NFS2 should have been level based. having to visit multiple shots to find what you're looking for is goddamn infuriating and frankly bad design.
>>
>>386815409
LH is generally much more slice of life MMO stuff, genuinely comfy. Also the characters are older than usual for these types of anime. But yeah, I really couldn't understand how hyped people were for SAO.
>>
>>386814383,

>>386797478, >>386802356 & >>386811912
here.
You keep throwing around the word retard around and I'm beginning to doubt your understanding of the word. Why are you so threatened by an unpopular opinion? It's been stated (repeatedly, by me at least) that the gameplay is NOT difficult, and that controls aren't the issue. We're complaining that shit goes all IWTBTG out of nowhere and the RIGHT way to avoid the situation is to know about it in advance. Mind you, seeing ANYTHING that would give a sign that you're approaching some cheap death would give the game a LOT of mileage, however it ends up being a game that you have to keep repeating through the cheap deaths until you're trained to avoid different crap. "getting gud" is more about memorizing how you need to charge down a hallway, then duck 3/4 of the way through(or get nailed from behind) chase down that sniper, making sure you don't step off a ledge in a darkly lit area, etc,etc,etc. It's not SKILL that allows you to progress at any reliable rate, but memory/guides that get you access to the best gear, the safest path, avoidance of cheap shots.

>unpopular opinions
>>
File: 1476951010378.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476951010378.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
>>386796085
>Is has no map or icons
Wrong
>forcing you to learn the city, or else
The map was fucking tiny. memorizing it isn't an accomplishment.
>>
>>386815873
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Diceroll action combat was stupid for its time and has only gotten worse as Oblivion and Skyrim proved the dicerolls were stupid and unnecessary. The rest of the game is decent enough, but the bare-bones, unmodded combat is so atrocious that it's impossible to sit through; you enjoy morrowind despite the combat, not because of it.
>>
>>386799050
This is pretty much what I was gonna say. Fuck SF2, fuck SFIV, fuck Alpha, yknow everything in between (not counting crossovers) but third strike was amazing
>>
>>386816035
Okay, where's the ammunation or the pay and spray? And I never denied the minimap, but what about the big one? The one that should pop up with the pause screen like other games? I'll wait.
>>
>>386797478
As someone who has played and enjoyed the games I have to agree with you. The community for the games are full of circlejerkers who think nothing can be wrong with the design. In dark souls 1 alone there are so many enemies designed to catch you off guard, like the dragon on the bridge, the forest tree enemies, the dragon in the valley of drakes, etc. The design in the games are also extremely obtuse in a bad way sometimes, don't get me wrong I'm not talking about making it a straight progression, I love being able to choose where to go, but my first time playing blighttown, I assumed the swamp would kill me cause of the poison and thought I had to travel up the other side to the top once again, wasting hours.
>>
>>386815925
I agree that it's not very good as an open world game. I played Burnout 3 all the time, it was probably my most played game on the Xbox, but when I got Paradise later on I lost interest in it incredibly quickly.
I would gladly pay for a remake/release of Takedown that had working online again.
>>
>>386799658
That's one of the things I loved the most about ME1, and also the reason I didn't hate ME:A as much as some people did.
>>
The Infinite Warfare Zombie maps are my all time favourites.
I went as far as unlocking all easter egg characters for all of them.
>>
File: CJ-GTASA.png (180KB, 402x516px) Image search: [Google]
CJ-GTASA.png
180KB, 402x516px
>>386812308
>hating on based CJ
>>
>>386799447
you forget about cops teleporting all the time to catch you, both on land, air and on sea
also animals can call cops
>>
>>386805665
Yes, indeed. And the soulsborne games follow the same philosophy as Super Mario Brothers. Think about it.
>>
>>386817910
I would never forget about my main man CJ. Easily in my top 3 GTA characters. I know he did a bunch of reprehensible garbage but he still still one of the few characters to legitimately feel like they have a conscience and deserve a break
>>
New Super Mario Bros 2 is Unironically the best game in the NSMB series

You don't play the levels normally, you have an ulterior goal of coin collecting and makes progression a lot more interesting, also coin rush is an actual challenge
>>
>>386801445
Bully and RDR are goat non-GTA Rockstar's games, third place is Warriors (also a goat licensed game based on movie of the same name)

4th place is Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis
>>
>>386809815
G.U. has always been aimed to be more like a shounen anime. This is why it is more popular. They are both good in their own respects. IMOQ and the first .hack series as whole nails the mystery and intrigue down so well with the hazy back story and the Necronomicron that is the Epitaph of Twilight. G.U., however, is still great. They are just two different beasts part of one large whole.
>>
>>386812075
I never really detected too much romance between Kite and BlackRose. They felt more like the main duo of Patlabor. Haseo's relationship with Atoli and his development from being obsessed with Shino and his inability to see Atoli as separate from her to getting over those feelings and accepting Atoli as an actual human being is a beauty to watch. He goes from treating everyone around him like game characters in a bad RPG to realizing they are actually people beyond the screen. I dunno, gotta give the guy some credit for really growing up a little throughout the series.
>>
>>386796085
FFX was the start of the downfall of the FF series.
>>
>>386809272
My nigga

Fuck Octavian missions though
>>
>>386814580
I think the whole series is pretty bad, I don't see how its entertaining. It has zero atmosphere, it's not scary and the combat is pretty bad, for some reason I find R4 enjoyable, but every other game is just meh.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Don't know about the movie, but the N64 version of The World is Not Enough kicks the shit out of Goldeneye in all the ways that matter. Don't know about the multiplayer but the game was a true knockout. The first mission alone was stellar and laid the foundation for what was ahead.

>>386809272
Is this game truly worth a playthrough? I had no idea it was made by Capcom.
>>
>>386807341
>he doesn't like charging in a straight line and winning
>>
I find the Paper Mario series' turn based combat to be kind of dull. I thought SPM was more fun than TTYD.
>>
>>386824964
I agree.
>>
I play Skyrim for nothing but the sex mods. Same with the Sims 4.
>>
>>386796085
>most original soundtrack
>best and only station i listened to was the scarface soundtrack
>original
kek son, very kek.

It's unpopular opinions for a reason, son.
>>
>>386797787
>Niko was a great character
Started off alright. It got weird when he (an alpha male from a war in the old country) went out of his way to defend homosexuality. I know that the game is a product of its time and they were really trying to let everyone know gay people were alright back in 2008, but it doesn't hold up well.
>>
I agree that GTA3 is the best, but it had a minimap and markers, and came with a physical map of Liberty City so I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>386825339
Never listened to the Scarface soundtrack so I didn't pick up on any of this. Also I never watched Scarface. I was more of a Goodfellas kinda guy
>>
>>386825473
Playing it on PC doesn't have the luxury of a physical map.
>>
>>386796085
Halo and COD as a whole (Yes including your favorite) are overrated games and dont hold a candle to Classic Doom and Duke Nukem 3D
>>
>>386796085
>The Half Life games are the most overrated games
>The souls series is clunky and it's so called lore is trash
>I adore Black Ops 2
>I like Apollo Justice
>>
>>386796085
I wish the shooting was better because it kind of sucks hard in this game. But I still consider GTA3 a classic regardless.
>>
>>386796085
I love Fallout 4 and the voiced player character.
>>
>>386813827
I agree with this.
>>
I like Fallout 4 and think people are harder on it then it deserves.
>>
>>386802681
This, Vic is the only gta protag who's a normal person.
>>
>>386797970
Behold, the one truly objectively wrong opinion
>>
>>386796085
Bishock Infinite is one of the worst shooter of all time and the Story is pretentious pseudo intellectual masturbation who just exist so they can go full SJW.
Even the fucking creator said he put the gameplay in it because the Studio wanted it and that he took away the boss fight because it's so "video game".
Dafuck? Not even Naughty Dog is so fucked, you can say about Uncharted whatever you want, but at least the gunfight mechanics are easily above the most 3rd person shooters, so they took effort in the gameplay, but Infinite is just a piss easy shooting gallery without any form of difficulty because they wanted to make a movie, but the storytelling is just to bad and bland for an actual movie script so they put it in a game.
>>
>>386830873
not sure that's an unpopular opinion here anon
>>
>>386796085
>for peeps to post their unpopular game opinions
The Souls series sucks dick
>hurr durr muh difficulty makes the game good
Fuck off and die Souls cucks
>>
>>386803258
The thing is, the underage summer army doesn't go to that thread because they can't shock anyone with their contrarian opinion because everyone on this thread is (because of "unpopular opinion", no disregarding itself in the word tho) a contrarian, but a contrarian who can actually argue what exactly is wrong or good with that game outside of "Shit taste, kys fgt".
>>
>>386804361
I found GTA III unplayable tho. I fucking hate the gun mechanics, everytime there is gun use in missions I give up, if the enemy has a machine gun or a pumpgun it's over because either Claude dies in nano seconds or he felt everytime on the ground, stand up, get shot again with the pumpgun and felt on the ground until he dies.
>>
>>386805061
I never heard that comparison, but now that you said it, MGS V has really many similarities to RDR.
But yeah, I'm also one of these guys who call RDR the best open world game ever created, but that's mostly because for the time it was released and that it had the barely used Western background. And it's easily the best looking open world past gen game.
>>
>>386796085

The heist set up missions were the best and coolest part of GTA V, and GTA VI should have way more of these "open" kind of missions. No one seems to agree with me though
>>
>>386832871

I feel the same way. Thee early GTAs often feel unplayable to me. The enemies often have perfect accuracy, while you control so stiff and the aiming is terrible. In most shooting missions it's like you have to know exactly where everyone is beforehand or else you'll die within seconds.
>>
>>386832871
>>386833234
Even with how much I love 3, I couldn't defended the combat. It's really shit and even worse with auto aim control since it got garbage camera.
>>
File: Soul_Calibur_in_SCIII[1].jpg (105KB, 864x1317px) Image search: [Google]
Soul_Calibur_in_SCIII[1].jpg
105KB, 864x1317px
Soul Calibur 3. Before anyone starts, yes I know of its faults, the memory card bug and the balance issues.
Yet, it's still my favorite. The production values aregreat, most characters are in top form (SC2 Nightmare remains his best look tho') and there's such a plethora of content for what people consider a genre that's only for couch or online play. Chronicles of the Sword, with its light RTS elements, is sometihng that hasn't quite been repeated since then especially.

Call me a faggot, but it was the first fighting game that I thought stood its ground as its own singleplayer experience and actually got me invested on the background of its setting and characters.
I also preferred the sword's design in 3 rather than the full crystalline growth thing we've got in the sequels
>>
>>386833234
>>386833532
I don't get why they just don't included the Max Payne 1 gun mechanics, Rockstar even published it for consoles so they had access to it and it came out the same year, as far as I remember even earlier than III and was longer in development than III.
>>
>>386834243
Not the same studio
>>
I think raids are the worst parts of any MMO and that they're not even real content. Anklebashing a giant monster is one of the least satisfying things you can do in a fantasy world and I'm sad that most MMOs focus on that garbage.

Also WoW Legion is a good game, but asking for a monthly sub when all of your rewards are locked behind a weekly schedule is just pure fucking jewery and I hope Blizzard dies soon.
>>
>>386796085
I really like auto-saving. Auto-saving in means of not actively saving a file and still not loosing any significant progress. I tend to forget this in manual-save-only games and lost many hours of playtime before. Most notable example was a whole in-game month of persona 3
>>
>>386814580
>RE4 is trash
Not realy. It isn't even a bad horor game

Vilage is spooky
Castle is slapstick conedy
Island is a cheezy action + spooky monsters
>>
>>386797787
Same here, I think I prefer the ballad of gay tony more than vanilla GTA IV though, the gun expansion is great
>>
MGS5 is the best game in the series.
>>
>>386807978
>>386808136
>>386808209
>>386808245
FO4>FNV>FO3

>>386808882
This. The Capital Wasteland and Mojave feel so empty. The Commonwealth actually has shit to do and see
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.