[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Valve Card Game Better, worse, or equally disappointing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

File: -EC4LJTe_400x400.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
-EC4LJTe_400x400.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>The Valve Card Game
Better, worse, or equally disappointing?
>>
>>386795956
I was initially sour on it, but Day 9 actually turned me around on it, at least initially. I'm interested enough to at least wait to see more before making a final decision. The core concept seems kinda cool
>>
>>386795956
to make it clear.
i'm very disappointed in valve.
not the card game itself.
since i don't know the details about it yet.
>>
Card game might be fine on its own but the fact that this is what fucking VALVE has to show for 5 years of waiting is ridiculous.
>>
>>386796410
this pretty much
nobody would give a shit if they announced a wanted sequel alongside it
>>
>>386796410
that's a good way to say it. I wish Valve released more, obviously. However, this is probably gonna make a dickload of cash, which is all they care about apparently.
>>
File: 1334186-dmc_vert_large[1].png (152KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1334186-dmc_vert_large[1].png
152KB, 300x351px
>not having a Deathmatch Classic stacked deck
>not having a foil Rocket Launcher card
>not having a holographic Quad Damage card
>>
My question is "Who cares?"
Like literally, who the fuck is the target audience? Who the fuck gives a shit?
>>
>>386795956
everybode is gonna hate it and complain that its not hl3/ep3
people will complain that its another p2w/rng based card game
yet everyone will play it and ti will make valve millions.
>>
>>386795956
I just wish it wasn't exclusive to Dota characters. The ONLY people who enjoy Dota are Dota players. Literally nobody else gives a shit about Dota. Example: I don't play CS:GO, but I find it enjoyable to watch. I suck ass at Quake dueling, but I find it enjoyable to watch. I give ZERO fucks about Dota. Valve wants to avoid mentioning Half-Life SO MUCH, that they made it Dota only.
>>
Nobody who works at Valve even knows what a Half-Life is.
>>
>>386795956
>card game
Who even likes these?
>>
>>386795956
It will be the worst card game thanks to steam market
>>
>>386796804
this.
I would be more inclined to play it if the game included characters from All of Valve's IPs.
>>
>>386795956
i don't really see the point, there's already half a dozen online card games of varying popularity that people are already invested in and that doesn't even include the ones like pokemon, magic and yugioh that have established physical games and online games
plus dota 2's lore is shit so there isn't really any story attachment there, either.
it's just a really blatant cash grab, the kind of thing valve is more known for these days than the games that made them well known over a decade ago
>>
>>386795956
i know episode 3 will never happen because at this point the imaginary hype is something the game itself could never ever live up to and valve knows it.
but come the fuck on. valve used to be creative risk taking people.
they even took a risk in making dota 2.
i expected atleast something new and innovative.
>>
>>386796804
>The ONLY people who enjoy Dota are Dota players.
Good enough as there's millions of players players on dota2.
i definitely gonna try the card game too.
i suppose a card game with potential 300k~700k people that gonna try it on launch (daily dota player counts) is damn good as a card game.
better than any other card games besides hearthstone out there that /v/ claim to "like" so much
>>
Why don't they just put us out of our misery? Like just tell us HL3 is cancelled and I can move on

They're holding my attention to them as a company hostage
>>
Only one thing to say about this:

Trading cards on the market.

That is all.
>>
File: 1456565230265.jpg (277KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1456565230265.jpg
277KB, 960x1280px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4jPtrDCLo
>>
>>386797245
>>386797245
>>386797245
this is exactly what is gonna happen.
cards are in the inventory.
and traded via the market.
>>
File: 1463985062716.jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1463985062716.jpg
62KB, 428x410px
>mfw no one plays Faeria even though it's amazing
>>
>>386795956
literally no one wanted this.
>>
>>386797586
I actually did. I want a Trading Card Game that's better than Yugioh Duel Links.
>>
>>386795956
How many years after heartstone is this? How long till they release overwatch?
>>
>>386797519
the new player experience didn't sell me even though I can tell it's a pretty good card game
plus I don't like the cutesy art style
>>
>>386795956
It just reminds me of Metroid Prime Fed Force. No one would care or be disappointed if it weren't the first new game Valve has announced in half a decade. People want a real substantial game from Valve again, not a DoTA tcg where they can try to sell you more shit on the Steam marketplace.
>>
did anyone else really like gwent?
>>
>>386795956
I'm very worried it will follow other card games business model and you'll have to buy good cards off the marketplace and it will be grossly pay2win.
I'm hoping since it's based on dota that you'll get access to all the cards from rhe beginning and can build your deck however you want.
This is literally my main problem with magic and hearthstone.
>>
>>386797893
>People want a real substantial game from Valve again
would you really want a Valve game made with almost no original employees left? we're talking about a company that went from being a developer to a fucking publisher.
>>
>>386795956
These kinds of shallow shit games are now normal. I wouldn't be surprised if valve makes a free to play cartoon shooter next.

Why?

These games are cheep and they can market them to a wider audience from gamers to pasty ass white liberal women with pink hair and everyone in between.
>>
File: my fucking face when.jpg (56KB, 550x316px) Image search: [Google]
my fucking face when.jpg
56KB, 550x316px
I'd say I was disappointed in Valve, but that implies I wasn't for the longest time.
>>
So I guess Half life 3 isn't ever coming? nor is Left for dead 3.
>>
who duelyst here
>>
>>386797651
yeah exactly, no one wanted this.
>>
reminder that /v/ made this happen with all their gabe newell cocksucking and buying all the games from steam sales threads.
>>
File: 1428934273434.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1428934273434.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>/v/ ACTUALLY believed nu-Valve would make anything but zero effort cashgrabs
>>
valve apparently has the rights to depict anything on the steam store, or something, if the sticker albums from this summer sale are anything to go off of. so why make a TCG that's limited to dota only?
other than that there's no info go off of. if it's at least as fun as HS but somewhat less jewish i'll be fine with it, but those are some high hopes
>>
>>386798257
no one wanted you born
>>
File: Invoker.png (294KB, 396x554px) Image search: [Google]
Invoker.png
294KB, 396x554px
>>386795956
100x better than Hearthstone already since Valve confirmed that you can trade cards with other players through Steam. You can also utilize the Steam Market to buy specific cards you directly want for your deck from other players instead of trusting RNG overpriced card packs like Magic and Hearthstone does.
>>
Meh.

It's not that I don't think the game will be good or successful. It's just not my kind of game. I don't know how Valve could (and, moreover, I don't think Valve would) design a collectible card game in such a way that it's not effectively pay-to-win, and pay-to-win doesn't appeal to me.
>>
I can't think of anything that would have disappointed me more. Maybe if they announced a mobile only game.
>>
>>386797519
I love the game but at this point I'm so burnt out of card games that I can't push myself to grind for a full collection which is my favorite part of card games.
>>
>Reeeeeeeeee! What the!? A card game!? I haTE valve! RAAAAGH!
you guys are pathetic
>>
>>386799197

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>386798819
I mean Valve already made Dota 2 and that's not pay 2 win. Dota 2 is already a strategy game, so it can be easily adopted into turn based format.
>>
>>386799197
check yourself
>>
i wonder how they play to turn this one into a cash grab? somehow i doubt cosmetics will work for a game like this. probably going to be massively p2w.
>>
>>386799407
have you never played a card game before? they can crank out cosmetics on cards with holographic cards, rare alternate art cards, etc.
>>
>>386799407
it's a card game, it should be pretty clear how they'll make money
>>
>>386799407
You buy packs.

It's P2W. Enjoy.
>>
people are just hating on Valve because they're not making Half Life 3. but it's incredibly selfish of people to think that way. there are developers in Valve that want to make this card game happen, who the fuck is /v/ to tell people what they can and can't make?
>>
>>386795956
It's just a cash grab series for them to be able to print off even more money for absolutely minimum effort. Something like 80% of card game updates are likely just paying your artists to draw new cards. This is a way for them to keep their artists on other projects employed while also earning some more cash via scum who actually play these RNG festival games.
>>
>the people who copy-pasted a WC3 custom map are now making a shitty cash-grab TCG

WOW WHO COULD HAVE POSSIBLY SEEN THIS COMING
>>
File: yugi.jpg (72KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
yugi.jpg
72KB, 539x960px
ITT: I hate card games because I'm a brainlet
>>
File: 1501856868552.png (132KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
1501856868552.png
132KB, 540x301px
>A card game
>Based on fucking dota
No thank you.
>>
File: 1480587300179.png (178KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1480587300179.png
178KB, 807x935px
>people who play dota would rather play dota
>everyone else doesn't give a single shit about dota and wont care
so who's the market for this again?
>>
>>386799880
this, /v/ is too underaged and dumb for card games. they want more shooters.
>>
>>386800372
hearthstone+magic crowd.
>>
>>386799769
No, I gate on them because they know very well that they can do better but they play it extremely safe and want to compete with Blizzard and have a monopoly on the shitty card game market. This is not a passion project, this is a simple cashgrab and a move to keep more people coming to steam from Battle.net and other places.

Stop defending a fat greedy little faggot that did a one time wonder and then have been neglecting his fans for years just to punch them in the balls several times over and then release this piece of garbage. Valve is a fucking joke at this point.
>>
>>386800372
maybe they'll just use dota as a starting point for making an actual fantasy world worth giving a shit about
>>
>>386800514
>neglecting his fans for years
who now?
sounds like you're taking video games way too seriously you fucking nerd
>>
>>386800567
lmao at you implying Valve are going to put in any effort on that level? They don't even have writers anymore.
>>
>>386800567
they cant write worth shit though
dota "lore" is inconsistent garbage and characters made into walking jokes, like CM for example
>>
>>386800930
you're right, but dota as a source doesn't do any favours to the one trying to piece the clusterfuck together, but a card game might be different

though it'll probably be the exact same as dota, they might even be cheap enough to reuse the hero models
>>
>>386795956
shitty cash grab move from a jewish company that killed dota
>>
>>386795956
really disappointed but at the very fucking least you can trade cards with other players unlike hearthstone. Who makes a trading card game where you can't trade cards.
>>
God I fucking hate Valve and the fact people still defend them.

You know why we are getting a fucking card game? Because that is what Gabe and his jew marketers focus grouped. Card games were their best, least effort option. Simple to make, wide casual market, and plenty of microtransations. At least other companies who throw out f2p games made their own shit. At least they have that. Valve? They are a cancer, who put in as little effort as possible while racking in dosh from other people making and selling crap on their marketplace, tf2 hats, csgo guns, knives, and of course dota 2 shit.

We will never see another good, single player story focused game from then again. Its not profitable enough for Gabe. That'd be fine, not like Valve are the only jewish company, but the fact people still treat them like gods (that fucking BASED GABEN meme) is pathetic.

10 out of fucking 10 Valve you got me to throw an autistic shit fit.
>>
>>386797307
>all those shills trying to drown out the legitimate reactions with fake enthusiasm
like some sort of greek play, this is both hilarious and tragic
>>
File: 1492194551420.png (356KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
1492194551420.png
356KB, 599x510px
>Valve finally announces a new game
>A dota card game
Is this some sick joke?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.