[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of remakes and remasters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: remake.png (969KB, 961x549px) Image search: [Google]
remake.png
969KB, 961x549px
What does /v/ think of remakes and remasters?
>>
I'm fine with them as long as they don't completely fuck with anything too much
>>
remasters for 2d games makes them look like flash games.
remasters for 3d games brings out how bad the models/texture are

Remakes are alright, but only if it's the same game completely reworked to something new, like Castle of Illusion was.
>>
good stuff, great for games I haven't played but meant to get to eventually

but I am not buying the same game again
>>
I like them if the original source isn't unbelievably cringy.
>>
Fact: it's only OK on Swirtch because portability is king and no one owned a wii U.
>>
>>386794092
I don't know he's many.
>>
File: comparison.png (323KB, 908x287px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
323KB, 908x287px
What about remakes that change key moments?
>>
>>386794092
Good for relieving classic in better quality. Bad for original ideas.

However you have to have a good team behind it, otherwise you get something disastrous like the Silent Hill Collection.
>>
>Game(s) from 2+ generations ago.
>Preferably multiple titles packaged together.

Totally fine, see most of the HD collections like MGS, Ico/SoTC, Sly Cooper, there might be some shit missing but the value and performance boost overcome that.

>Rushed port done within a year of a new generation launch.
>Still full priced.
>One game.
>Doesn't include previous DLC for free.

Fuck right off.
>>
>>386794092
Stop shilling your garbage memed-up remake.
>>
Only Nintendo can do if
>>
>>386794092
Fucking cringe-o-matic.
>>
>>386794092
Love them when done right like sonic mania, age of empires 2 where they start adding new expansions, and games too old and hard to obtain again.

An unreal championship remastered collection for PC/xbone i guess(gotta throw them a bone once in a while) would be amazing.
>>
>>386794643
console mech was better
>>
File: 1488830877585.png (109KB, 540x361px) Image search: [Google]
1488830877585.png
109KB, 540x361px
>>386794092

I love remasters/HD remakes, because good classic games that have fallen behind in technology deserve second and third rounds.

I HATE "remakes" that are basically a different game entirely that just rides on the name of an older franchise (Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, etc). If you're going to remake a game, it should be over 95% identical to the original.
>>
first of all, fuck off with that rage cringe bs
second, if it is what people ask for and it's good then go ahead, but it's annoying if it replaces dev time in another edition of the series it is in
>>
>>386795148
Those are reboots
>>
File: 1500901339714-v.jpg (87KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
1500901339714-v.jpg
87KB, 1024x512px
>>386795079
It was, but for that to be relevant /v/ would have to talk about videogames once ever.
>>
Being the autismal little shit I am, I tend to get hung up over minor changes they made.
>>
>>386794915
Is there a more reddit word out there?
>>
>>386794092
Greast as long as they just update the source material without adding anything that wasn't in the original.
>>
Cringe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSnAdcyxCZ4
>>
>>386795734
please I don't want to watch that /trash/ again
>>
>>386795734
>we want to appeal to a wider audience
>>
>>386794312
Are you referring to ports? OP mentioned remakes/remasters.

>>386794092
I think remasters are good if the source material is salvageable to the point of looking good. I think remakes are good if they don't derive from the original in a major way, like FFVII Remake is.

Reboots are either really good or really bad. If the original was bad, then a remake could salvage a good idea executed poorly. If the original was good, then a remake is just a slap to the face that is unlikely to do the original justice. While not a game, I use the spiderman movies as a good example. The first set of movies was not really good, and I only kinda enjoyed watching them because I was into spiderman as a kid. Then the first reboot came along and was executed quite well. Then when they had something good this time, they went and reboot it again into a boring piece of trash that was worse than the first set of movies.
>>
>>386795734
>implying anyone but /pol/ can take down other boards
>>
>>386794092
I wish he would've changed it to hiroshimoot.
Remakes and Remasters are fine, as long as it isn't a standalone thing developers present at an e3 or major games con. example, age of empires 2
>>
Remastering something, while keeping faithfully to the original gameplay intact/almost exact, is a great way to revive classic games to a newer audience who didn't experience it before on their original systems, like the MGS HD collection. If anything, it's probably a good way for a company to test the waters to see if there's an still audience, or regain interest for their IP.
>>
Im fine with them, but i despise the amount of lazy ones and doing them over things such as backwards compatibility
Looking at you Sony and Capcom you kikes
>>
>>386794643
>>386795079
b-but the fight was in the original comic
>>
>>386794894
>charges for the DLC
Activison has to be broken up
>>
>>386794643
"consoles don't combine faggot" was the best part

shit remake
>>
File: 1482538996868.gif (481KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1482538996868.gif
481KB, 245x230px
>>386795734
It's alright
>>
>>386795734
>original was a decade ago
Jesus christ
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.