[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw you realize Shepard didnt come back to life, it was a clone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: Mass Effect Shepard_0.jpg (26KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect Shepard_0.jpg
26KB, 590x332px
>yfw you realize Shepard didnt come back to life, it was a clone
>>
Wow, I don't really care.
>>
Did your choices in the first act do literally anything?

I mean really. Plus it was so fucking stupid, walk around your own ship until it explodes and you die. fucking wow
>>
If the Clone is so similar to the original that they're indistinguishable does it really matter?
>>
>>386789567
no
>>
>>386788780
are you sure you are the same person you were yesterday and not a clone?
>>
>>386788780
Yeah that was an interesting plot point in Citadel
>>
>backstabbing gypsies looting human world
>try to be nice to backstabbing gypsies
>the gypsies backstab you
>get gypsy who knows something
>backstabbign gypsies say they'll totally give you information
>humans all say we should take this backstabbing gypsy questioning
>take him for questioning
>lol he didn't know anything
>everybody says you did the wrong choice
dumb game, kill all xenos.

Why the fuck should I trust the word of someone who just betrayed me?
>>
>>386789785
No one is the exact same person as yesterday because our cells are constantly dying and being replaced everyday.
>>
>>386790749
i mean, what makes sure that you didnt die during your sleep and then its a "new" you when you wake up'
>>
>>386789923
>make any choice that looks out for humanity's best interest
>YOU ARE A VILLAIN!

I much prefer morally grey choices over a karma system, they can't co-exist.
>>
>kill Shepard in the first ten minutes of the game
>bring him back to life two minutes later
This will never not be the stupidest part of the entire trilogy.
>>
>>386792626
Even if you support Cerberus in ME2 Shepard still doesn't trust them and goes on how they are evil. Fuck whoever wrote this. Also,
>spare collector base
>EVERYONE disagrees with you
what the fuck
>>
>>386791204
Stop with this pseudo philosophical bullshit, like this >>386790749 Anon already said correctly: Our cells dying constantly and no one is the exact same person on the next day.
>>
If you think a clone is as good as the real thing, are you okay with me cloning you, then killing you? Is that equivalent to simply letting you live?

On-topic: the way to rescue Mass Effect is for the real Shepard to have been recovered by a different group; ME2+3 are then a "clone sidestory" with a big reveal of what the real Shepard had to go off and do.
>>
>>386795997
They should have just kept the original concept were Shepard had to use Reaper tech and eventually went NUCLEAR
>>
>>386788780
If he was a clone, how would he have any memories of what happened when the ship exploded? You can't clone memories, even with space magic.
>>
>>386789310
Your choices in the entirety of ME2 do next to nothing.
The only actual consequence is if you somehow fuck up enough to get people killed on the suicide mission.
>>
>>386794004
The most egregious was the Geth conversion mission.

Early in the mission
>Reprogramming is evil
Later in the mission
>It would be evil to destroy them!

They don't even acknowledge how the morality shifted 180 degrees. Fuckin loved ME2 but damn.
>>
>>386788780
yfw all bioware games have the same formula and plot where, surprise ending, you are the villian
>>
>>386788780
What kind of shitty clone has injuries from the previous iteration?
>>
YOU MUST DIE
>>
I WILL DESTROY YOU
>>
>>386800236
The EA kind.
>>
>>386800236
A clone they are trying to convince didn't die
>>
>>386800236
It's actually funny that you mention that, if your Shepard has a scar from ME1 it won't carry over to ME2. It's not a import glitch either considering the scar option was completely removed in ME2's character creator.
>>
File: 1307683893806.jpg (395KB, 1020x610px) Image search: [Google]
1307683893806.jpg
395KB, 1020x610px
>>386788780
No originally it was supposed to be Shepard's re-animated corpse but 'Shepard' was actually a reaper AI program. Thus the Overlord DLC where he suddenly could 'enter' the AI grid, Shepard was an AI too. The hints all along as for the Control ending, which only makes sense at all if Shepard himself was an AI capable of controlling the Reapers. It was supposed to be why Cereberus and the Illusive man were so sure they could control the Reapers and why they invested so heavily in Shepard. EDI was the test of the concept. And of course Shepard was dead as a door nail, you can't bring people back from the dead. Mass Effect(at least originally) was grounded in 'plausible' techno-babel. You are a reaper program with the biological imprint and personality of the actual Shepard. Which again, is why they had that scene where Miranda and Jacob are carefully screening Shepard's memories. Also why Miranda blew up the station you were created in, they had to eliminate all evidence that 'Shepard' wasnt legit.

But all of that and the Dark Energy/Mass Effect plotline got throw out. I mean the literal title, MASS EFFECT, hints towards the Dark Energy plotline. Didnt any of you ever wonder why that was the title of the game? Instead we got the awful 'AI kills organics so stop organics from being killed by AI' stupidity. Instead of Reapers serve a necessarily, if not noble, role of saving the galaxy from entropy and preserving ancient civilizations.

Still man.
>>
>>386797217
Yeah, seemed like Clone Shep from the Citadel DLC was a dick because they were just a completely different person.
>>
>>386789923
What gypsy? Elaborate.
>>
He might as well have been a clone. Shep's consciousness ended well before they found his bacon, so the revived Shepard is a new guy with the same memories in the same body.
>>
>>386798652
I was more annoying with Legion's philosophy in ME2 about the Geth achieving their future on their own terms

And then in ME3 deciding to use a Reaper code as a shortcut to true sentience
>>
>>386804242
>use a Reaper code as a shortcut to true sentience
I thought that was a copout, but I guess you could argue that they felt forced down that route with the impending Quarian invasion, and that Legion was in the minority on getting involved with Reaper tech again.
>>
>>386804756
They justified it as the Geth being desperate due to their diminished intelligence as a result of the surprise Quarian attack on their Dyson sphere, but I still don't like it

What I liked about the Geth was their truly alien viewpoint on things, and that they rejected any shortcuts to their long-term goals
>>
>>386802421
That's actually really interesting and way more original than the shit we got in ME2 and 3.

The Reapers wanting to stop the hastening of the destruction of the galaxy actually makes sense since they are immortal. AI Shepard would have made a nice twist and brought more depth to the lackluster main story of ME2
>>
>>386803207
all quarians
>>
File: horrible night.jpg (15KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
horrible night.jpg
15KB, 250x235px
>>386802421
>>386805367
Sometimes I cry into my N7 hoodie.
>>
>>386788780
I couldn't give any less of a shit about mass effect beyond this comment tbqhfam. shit series with a somehow even shittier fandom. pathetic virgin losers and their dating simulator
>>
>>386807340
>>
>>386807340
I hope you aren't a Persona fan.
>>
File: 1305097211569.jpg (437KB, 1020x610px) Image search: [Google]
1305097211569.jpg
437KB, 1020x610px
>>386805367
The Dark Energy plotline ties the whole series together. Galactic civilization can only exist using mass effect-based technology. But Mass Effect causes dark energy which hastens the heat death of the universe. So civilizations get 30,000 to exist, then the most worthy species are 'preserved' in the form of a collective consciousness in Reaper form. Humanity was chosen this time around for Reaperhood.
>>
>>386807159
bitch are you for real?
I hope ya kiddin
>>
>>386807878
Hahahahaha yeah man you know I was just pullin a fast one on ya it's ya boy anon
>>
>>386788780
it was a hologram
>>
>>386789310
You get paragon or renegade points
>>
>>386790749
It takes a period of 7 years to replace a person from cells dying off and replacing themselves.
>>
>>386807340
This actually
>>
>>386793478
Really, they should have spaced these games out. Set it like 100 years later, whole new crew and new main character. Have the original Shepard's choices influence how the galaxy looks, and deal with the Reapers having to enter the old fashioned way.

It'd also make that whole "there's no such thing as reapers" shit make way more sense. 100 years is a long time and people are bound to become skeptical by then.
>>
>>386790749
Plus you lose continuity of consciousness when you sleep.
>>
>>386808538
>100 years is a long time and people are bound to skeptical by then

That's the Atari equivalent of ten years. Probably the same as Krogan if a spaceship doesn't sit on them. Besides a horrific massacre on the scale of the reaper invasion wouldn't be forgotten in a single century.
>>
>>386808789
>Atari

I was in another thread. Asari.
>>
>>386794004
>>EVERYONE disagrees with you
I found the jab at this when Legion mentions how he just went and told his people with the evidence and they all backed him without trouble and then it cuts to Shepards reaction.
>>
>>386790749

This make me think, it would be possible to reach immortality with nanomachines? A lot of science fiction has people reaching immortality by uploading their minds to computers/androids, but the "human" you still dies, only a copy will live on in the networld.

But if humanity ever got to a point where we could produce nanomachines that serve the same function as human cells, then you would pump someone with nanomachines over the years, until his body is completely made of nanomachines and zero organic cells.
>>
>>386809486
The question is if you are still you without an organic human body.

It would be hilarious if people learned that magic was a real thing but it couldn't be done if your body was artificial, shadowrun style.
>>
>>386809486
Theoretically we don't have to die, with stuff like nano machines, stem cells or whatever else. But there's no knowing how that would affect us mentally if it's possible.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.