/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>already considered by many to be one of the greatest games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 13

File: 1328409423854.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1328409423854.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>already considered by many to be one of the greatest games of all time

How did Nintendo do it again?
>>
>>386788574
>>already considered by many to be one of the greatest games of all time
Literally nobody is saying that.
>>
Nostalgia
>>
>>386788634
A lot of many people say, including me.
>>
>>386788634
/v/ says it all the time. Though, they said the same thing about Bloodborne.
>>
>>386788634
Most game critics are saying that
>>
>>386788737

bloodborne and botw are both in the top 10 games of the current decade
>>
>>386788574
The climbing mechanic and the paraglider do a lot to make you feel like you have true freedom in the world, I know everyone and their mother complains about the shrines but I liked the one-off puzzles a lot, especially ones where the puzzle involved the world. The divine beast are top knotch dungeon design, if a bit short. There's something around every corner, a puzzle to solve, or a nice vista, which is helped by how diverse the landscape is. The combat is fun, if a bit throw away, but I mean hell it's better than every other zelda in that regard. While it's probably the weakest zelda in terms of bosses and story, I hope in the future they build off breath of the wild and don't go back to the old formula
>>
>>386788634

i've caught myself saying it might be about 6 times in the last couple months.
>>
>>386788574
It took them 5 years to make it and they had clear ideas and a strong direction for it.
>>
>>386788574
>already considered by many to be one of the greatest games of all time by Nintendo fans

How DOES Nintendo keep doing it?
>>
Almost nobody thinks its one of the best games ever made. It's good, and it's something different for the series which I think is very valuable for it, but I would never call it one of the best.
>>
>>386788574
I would. At the minimum I would say it's the best open world game of all time, and since some people don't like the genre it's debateable
>>
Why do people keep deluding themselves into thinking this game is anything about a 7/10?

Played it and its extremely boring.
>>
Definitely the best open world since San Andreas. I still like Majora's Mask more but if they can build on this formula; get some more enemy variety, longer dungeons, make the shrines artstyle more diverse, and work on the story they could have the GOAT Zelda on their hands.
>>
>>386789702
>by Nintendo fans
hmmm
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
http://www.gamesradar.com/were-all-talking-about-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-developers-explain-how-its-shaping-the-future-of-games/
>>
>>386788574
That game is absolutely fucking garbage
>>
File: Rito_Village_Sunset.jpg (432KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rito_Village_Sunset.jpg
432KB, 1280x720px
>>386789234
agreed 100%
>>
>>386788574
The 2nd DLC better be hard as fuck. Otherwise, having a buffed up Master Sword and high tier armor will be a waste
>>
>>386791675
It's just people who haven't played any open world games being shocked at the concept now that nintendo's put a family friendly face on it. Or they just played utter shit open world games like skyrim or witcher 3 and are amazed an open world game can be good.
>>
>>386788737
Don't you dare bring Bloodborne into this
>>
File: QzwvXBt.jpg (257KB, 1756x1080px) Image search: [Google]
QzwvXBt.jpg
257KB, 1756x1080px
>>386788574
it's great
>>
>>386793626
nah, you'd have to combine several open world games to come even close to BotW, and I'm not even referring to the world size with that statement.
>>
>Make acceptable open world game
>Slap "Zelda" on it.
>Nintendo fans shit themselves in giddy excitement
>>
>>386793856
LoZ was the first ever open world game, the series arguably created the genre to begin with.
>>
Odyssey will be better
>>
File: mXyupD1.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
mXyupD1.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>386788574
>>
>>386793932
>first ever open world game

Wrong.
>>
>>386793932
>first ever open world game
underage
>>
>>386788783
>game critics opinion
>worth anything
>>
>>386793363
this
>>
>>386793659
I already did fag, you guys call every single good game that stands out the best shit of the decade.
>>
>>386794350
>>386794415
not an argument.
>>
File: 1375936440449.jpg (647KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1375936440449.jpg
647KB, 2048x1536px
>>386793932
>LoZ was the first ever open world game
who is behind this post
>>
>>386794592
I actually meant to put "in the series", but still if you can name an earlier open world game I'm all ears.
>>
>>386794415

>talking about a nearly thirty year old game
>underage!

Fug, he probably isn't.
>>
File: WattamMayro.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WattamMayro.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
No, it's the building blocks to the greatest game of all time.
If the sequel:
>Changes damage reduction with armor to percentage instead of flat reduction (same with attack power)
>Give enemies armor they can find and wear along with different colors that can be shot off by the straps like with the Hinox
>Much more enemy variety
>See enemy HP with a special item instead of locking it to Champion's Tunic
>Has a better story that's less barebones and has you more invested, cool characters like the 4 guardians are actually alive to be talked to
>Removes the slowdown strike you get for dodging, enemies only open up when parried/swinging a weapon that's way too big
>Eating is now done in the world with an animation that can be interrupted; food gives way less hearts unless you use the absolute best ingredients, and Link can't eat tons of meals at once or he gets too full and has to wait a couple minutes before he can eat again
>Only around 50 shrines, but each one is a mini dungeon with a Heart Container/Stamina upgrade, about three times as long as a traditional shrine (each Shrine dungeon has more distinct visuals as well + different music)
>Seven-ten dungeons which are all visually distinct and hold an item of some worth for traversal/combat
>A few more QoL changes I'm too lazy to list off

Then THAT GAME will be the greatest game of all time. As it is BotW is a solid 9.5/10, and a fantastic game, but that sequel they better be making BETTER fucking deal with the complaints of the previous game.
>>
>>386794653
Adventure for Atari 2600. 6 years prior to LoZ
>>
>>386794752
if you ask me it's a stretch to call that game 'open world', it's more adventure, but whatever.
>>
Is the DLC worth it?

Took me 150 hours to do everything I wanted to do in the main game (shrines, memories, gear, upgrades, village building quest and story) and I want more.
>>
File: pool-of-radiance_9.png (6KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
pool-of-radiance_9.png
6KB, 640x400px
>>386794653
back in my day we didnt call them open world. They were called adventure games. But botw has the least amount of adventure in it. In order to do the scale properly, you need large amounts of content to fill your game up so the player won't feel like they are wandering an expanse of land for ages, which unfortunately all Botw was. There were too many regions of that game that were bare from content because Nintendo couldn't put in the time or effort to give each one interesting stories and set pieces to make each its own little adventure. You walk through each region in Botw and you see nothing but ruins. There's no dungeon to find, there's no settlements or unique enemies to each area. It's just one giant plain with tree, rocky ledges, and the occasional mountain. We're this far ahead in the future, and game design has regressed rather than go forward. Old crpg designers would have killed for the memory limitations we have today.
>>
>>386794424
certainly worth more than yours
>>
>>386794909
>But botw has the least amount of adventure in it. In order to do the scale properly, you need large amounts of content to fill your game up so the player won't feel like they are wandering an expanse of land for ages, which unfortunately all Botw was
confirmed for not playing the game, or at least not looking hard enough
>>
>>386794908
The Trial of the Sword is pretty awesome, like a much more in-depth and combat-focused version of Eventide Island.
>>
>>386795068
>confirmed for not playing the game

I've played the game so I could critique it fully. The game is very amateur in how it goes about its features. Ultima did more with the genre and it was made on PC back in the 80s. If that game has more to do in it than a game in 2017, you should start questioning how good you think your game really is.
>>
>>386794909
i played pool of radiance 2001 because it reminded me of diablo
>>
>>386795290
Yeeeeah, PoR 2001...we dont talk about that one.
>>
>>386795248
BotW's focus isn't on dungeons, I'll give you that - they definitely put much more focus on the world design, physics, and other related mechanics over dungeons. I personally didn't mind the lack of dungeon content and unique enemies (though there were still some, despite your post grossly exaggerating that there werent and that the whole game was " just one giant plain with tree, rocky ledges, and the occasional mountain" which is far from the truth).
>>
>>386795174
Cool. How about the master mode? Does it strike a good balance or is it just too difficult?
>>
>>386795530
The game is one giant plain. Or one giant mountain. Or one giant nothing. That's the major problem with Botw. Those world designs physics, and related mechanics were never important to the game. They only served as a playing toy while you walked around and...see scenery. Then when you're bored, you can go beat the game, which will put you right back at the front of the castle when you reload the save file anyway so it doesn't even matter what you do. Botw is like Myst except you don't have to solve anything. Or a point n click game put into 3d.
>>
>>386794908
Not that much right now, however since it has 2 parts and the next one is released on November, I would wait until to decide.
>>
>>386788737
Bloodborne deserves that title more than BOTW
>>
>>386795729
>The game is one giant plain. Or one giant mountain. Or one giant nothing
again, gross exaggeration - BotW contains just about every type of landscape from jungle, to desert, to snowy mountains, to whatever those mushroom-shaped stone structures are exactly.
>Those world designs physics, and related mechanics were never important to the game.
see, it's statements like this that make me think you haven't played the game - the physics isn't just important to the game, it's integral to how all the dungeons and almost all the problem-solving/puzzles in the world work; on top of this, it's central to a large aspect of the open world as a whole.
>>
>>386795729
>Those world designs physics, and related mechanics were never important to the game.
There are like a hundred puzzles centered around them, and the divine beasts make use of them as well, what are you talking about?
Not only that but they are also combat option you have to take into account when you fight a big number of them.
>>
>>386795763
Nov is going to be the month to see whether Nintendo actually went through with giving a proper DLC or not. The threads are going to be delicious cause if it's anything like the first part of the DLC, I'm not expecting much.
>>
>>386791954
this anon explains perfectly why this game is far from one of the best games ever
>>
>>386788574
>barren as fuck
>tedious combat with the same enemies over and over for ~80h
>durability system
>no dungeons
not even close
>>
>>386796037
even the best game ever has flaws. although I wouldn't say BotW is the best game ever, it's still really high up though.
>>
>>386795901
Hundreds of game journalists, who are literally paid for their professional opinion on video games, disagree.
>>
>>386795050
Nah. If they can't even beat Ghouls 'n Ghosts they'll never have an opinion worth more than rancid microwaved dog shit.
>>
>>386796180
developers of competing games also disagree >>386793279
>>
>>386795901
Can't we just leave it at "both are great game" and be done with it?
>>
>>386793561
>game relies on DLC to fix its flaws
you know how this is going to end, right?
>>
>>386796180
lol its funny how the game critics are always cited by the nintendog fanbois
please see >>386794424
>>
File: odyssey.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
odyssey.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>386795958
>again, gross exaggeration - BotW contains just about every type of landscape from jungle, to desert, to snowy mountains, to whatever those mushroom-shaped stone structures are exactly.
If the game actually utilized that features to tell a narrative and give you something to do instead of making you come up with your own goals, it'd be a lot better. But this is the equivalent of playing the Odyssey: you put a piece of paper against the TV and pretend you're playing a game.

>the physics isn't just important to the game, it's integral to how all the dungeons and almost all the problem-solving/puzzles in the world work; on top of this, it's central to a large aspect of the open world as a whole.

The physics only matter for the shrines, an optional mini game Nintendo included in Botw to make players feel like they found something to do in the world. Except these shrines are very disconnected from the world itself. SS did it better where you found different dungeons in the game, and they actually fit he surrounding area they were in. Shrines fail specifically for both being a contrast to the world they are in and having nothing narrative wise connecting them to the world. You go into them for the sole purpose of farming heart or stamina.

>>386795967
The puzzles are not imperative to the game, and the divine beasts are optional pieces that allows you to make the Ganon fight easier, which is already easy since Zelda fights are never difficult.

As for fighting, physics is the least important thing in the battles. The most effective strategies is to either just walk by and ignore enemies or to wail on them until their HP gone, which staggering is the easiest thing to do in this game.
>>
>>386796372
lol its funny how shitposters always ignore >>386793279
>>
>>386793932
the series never had a tedious, empty as fuck world with barely any content scattered through it, plus a shitty durability system to middle finger on your fun
>>
>>386788574

>hard mode dlc
>master sword trials are literally an intern's hackjob of slamming together shit you've done the entire game
>no actual thought put behind the story, narrative, pacing, item progression, dungeon design
>greatest

It'll be remember for being 7/10 years after its release but it's not going to be in any way innovative unless people think that pushing survival open world game systems into every game is somehow better.
>>
>>386796331
What are you talking about? He is saying that by the end game you are overpower if you have upgraded everything, so the 2nd part of the DLC needs to be hard as fuck to be challenge.
>>
>>386796402
>The physics only matter for the shrines
and the dungeons, and it's important for combat and extremely useful for exploration too. INB4 none of those count because reasons.
>Shrines fail specifically for both being a contrast to the world they are in and having nothing narrative wise connecting them to the world
did you have a stroke during half the cutscenes in the game or something?
>>
>>386796402
he physics only matter for the shrines, an optional mini game Nintendo included in Botw
>The puzzles are not imperative to the game
If shrines and puzzles are not part of the game, what it is then? Because that's what allows you to get more hearts and resistance.
>>
>>386794908
>$20
>for an enhanced version of Eventide Island trial
>and a 2nd pack nobody knows what to expect
you better be spending $20 on two N64 games if you're playing on Wii U. Mario 64 and Star Fox 64 are definitely worth $10 each, but you can't say the same about this shitty DLC pass
>>
File: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (62KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
62KB, 300x360px
>>386791954

No, this is still the best open world game ever
>>
>>386796402
Not the dudes you're arguing with but you're trying really hard to justify your hate for the game.

It's starting to look like you really have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>386788574
Witcher 3 is better.

https://streamable.com/r4cnk
>>
>>386796613
he's one of those retards that feels everything needs an imperative value (which is fine), but for ill-explained reasons doesn't count the spirit orbs, stamina upgrades, nor hearts as valuable. I highly doubt he's even played the game given the bullshit he spouted and subsequent backpedaling he's now doing.
>>
>>386796580
There are no dungeons in this game. Combat is as important as walking pass or swinging your weapon they are dead. And exploration is not a game feature. There is nothing inherently fun in exploration. You're confusing curiosity with exploration. Curiosity is wondering what region the game will load up next as you walk in one direction. Exploration is actually going out and finding things that are there. Botw is a game about curiosity, not exploration. GTA is a better exploration game than Botw.

The shrines are not connected to the world at all. The cutscene only said that they were something left behind by the sheikah cause reasons. It was just a design set for Nintendo devs to add things quick and easy without any effort of putting something that actually existed in the world.
>>
>>386788684
XD
>>
>>386796613
That's the point. In a past zelda game, going through a dungeon had a purpose. The heart at the end was the reward for it. The dungeon was an inworld design that tailored to having to go into it. The problem with Botw is that the shrines might as well not be part of the game. They're a waste of space and don't add anything. They're literally bonus stages.
>>
>>386796924
>They're a waste of space and don't add anything. They're literally bonus stages.
Except challenges and the fact that without them you can't even pull out the Master Sword.
>>
>>386796713
That's fine. I don't really need the justification of people on /v/ to tell me what I think about a game.
>>
>>386791675
yes since you played and found it boring then everyone else is wrong
>>
>>386789234
This.
>>
>>386796825
yeah I agree with >>386796713, by this point your arguments are getting ridiculous and barely even on-topic. You have not played the game, that I am certain of by now.
>>
>>386796998
The master sword needing 13 hearts gives no value to the shrines. It's purely functional.
>>
>>386788634
Many people say that, including me
although I still like bloodborne better
>>
>>386797009
Then why are you here arguing about it?

You're doing this just to feel superior aren't you?
>>
>>386788913
You mean top 3

I can't think of a single game better than them that isn't a souls game
>>
>>386788913
>>386797350
you guys have garbage taste
>>
File: images(33).jpg (51KB, 639x469px) Image search: [Google]
images(33).jpg
51KB, 639x469px
>>386797340
>why are you on /v/ arguing about vidya
>>
>>386797340
he's doing it for (You)s, dumbass. Stop responding to him.
>>
File: 1502257698392.jpg (65KB, 564x651px) Image search: [Google]
1502257698392.jpg
65KB, 564x651px
>>386797497
>hes just trolling guys
>surely my empty open world game isnt empty
>surely the combat isnt awful guys
>surely the bosses are great and memorable
>surely the shrines are fun and varied
>>
>>386788574
they didn't, mostly nostalgia and inflated score, but ninten drones will deny it because it's nintendo and they're are 'the only ones that never get paid reviews on their games ever, only sony and xbox titles do this'
7/10 at best, not a bad game, but really lackluster, exploration is fine, for the first 15 minutes. Puzzles are as always innovative, but not spectacular nor 'revolutionary'.
But whatever, nintendies will just upvote any post they like regardless of it's objectivity via posting "this", cover their ears on legit complaints, and throw the "most people liked it so it's deserving of its score, you contrarian". But they get BTFO every time they try to comeback, so they can't do much anyways?
>>
>>386788574
The game is pretty good but after the tutorial area you slowly realize how little stuff you can actually do.
The shrines get boring after you complete more then 40 of them, they are extremely short and repetitive.
Divine beasts are not that great actually, you have some random fetch quest before you can get there and have another gimmick puzzle but this time you press a button in the map screen.
To even experiment or explore the entire map you need to grind and complete different side quests for 20h+ hours and shrines to get some stamina and gear, or just food if you prefer.
The worst thing is that you don't have any interesting bosses or you could say lack of any boss fights, everything feels the same and the only fight that felt different was that Yiga Clan boss fight with that forced stealth section.
The best moments in the game for me where when I tried going somewhere when game didn't tell me to and got surprised like for example the eventide island, and I think there were few more places like that with some challenge.
>>
>>386798517
>fetch quest before you can get there
did we play the same game?
none of the divine beast quests were fetchquests
>>
>>386798676
Umm... that's wrong sweetie, the divine beasts had fetch quests before you could go there.
>Elephant
You need to collect 20 shock arrows before we can begin
>Camel
Oh it looks like something was stolen and you need to get it back before we can begin
>Eagle
You need to prove you are worthy and shoot some shit in the air because I say so
>>
>>386798940
>You need to collect 20 shock arrows before we can begin
false, those are entirely optional.
>Oh it looks like something was stolen and you need to get it back before we can begin
true, I forgot about the thunder helm, although this is just a part of the quest
>ou need to prove you are worthy and shoot some shit in the air because I say so
that's not a fetch quest
>>
>>386798940
>sweetie posting
Kill yourself
>>
>>386798258

>>386796439
>>
>>386798115
>weeb

autist
>>
>>386788574
>already considered by many to be one of the greatest games of all time
Literally name one person saying this besides you
>>
>>386798517
>The shrines get boring after you complete more then 40 of them
Completely untrue, the shrines are spaced in a way that some areas have unique kind of shrines, the desert has a high amount of electricity based shrines for example, but you will hardly find one on the volcano.
>>
>>386800829
me
>>
>>386793279
>Souls series did losing loot first!
>Just cause is a first person shooter!
Very credible and well informed I see.
>>
>>386802171
not sure where you pulled the first quote from, but Just Cause is a shooter, albeit not first person (where is this mentioned in either of those articles?)
>>
>>386801052
Yes, but the premise is the same.
Instead of electricity you have similar dungeon but with wind in a different place.
The point is that the dungeons don't change enough, they all look the same, same music and same idea and what can you do there is limited.
It's like some puzzle left by a toddler for you to finish, plug in a cable or change the direction of the wind and the door opens and the shrine is finished.
>>
>>386802885
>Instead of electricity you have similar dungeon but with wind in a different place.
not him but wot
>>
>>386802568
>not even read his bullshit before posting
>>
>>386800829
I think it's one of the greatest games of all time, sweetie.
>>
>>386788634
Many many critics, people in the industry and me say that
>>
>>386788574
>In Nintendo headquarters
Miyamoto: "alright guys I got a really good idea. Let's say we take the map of Hyrule and make it bigger. We can also add a physics engine or something. That will get people talking"
How did Nintendo get away with this?
>>
>>386788574
I love it, it was finally a step forward for 3D Zelda which has been fairly stagnant for awhile now. The only real problems I have with it though are that damn forced tutorial plateau which is a fine tutorial for first time players but a real chore for anyone considering playing the game a second time, and over all sense of progression falling apart about 10 hours into the game.

Those first 10 hours when you're switching form weapon to weapon, getting crafty, making it out by the skin of your teeth, that shit is thrilling. Once you've got some hearts in you, nothing one shots you anymore, you've upgraded your armor and you're hoarding more weapons than you'll ever use while also still being too cautious to "waste" any of them the game just doesn't hold up, the monotony sets in, the simplistic shrines are a whole bunch of nothing content and if you actually do the divine beasts the final boss is an absolute joke. Anyone still playing do yourself a favor and fight Ganon before you finish off those beasts, the fight is far more satisfying that way.
>>
pure ludo
>>
>>386788574
Why do people like this game? It's like everything terrible about open world design in 1 package
>>
File: 1499537092947.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499537092947.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>386808560
Because it's bloody good
>>
>>386808560
>>386808560
>It's like everything good about open world design in 1 package

fixed
>>
>>386808560
>exploration
>puzzles
>music
>world design
>dungeons
>combat
These are the reasons I like it
>>
>>386808560
Honestly, Its the only open world game I can think of that gets 'open world' right. I've just fucked around and explored every time I've started up the game but its always something new either because of the environment, the area I enter, hidden puzzles, or the mechanics of the game itself (which are very simple but strong enough to allow tons of crazy/cool/stupid shit to happen). It makes exploring actually feel like exploring. If I break it down into one feeling I have about it, its that its the only completely open world game I can think of that lives up to the idea of 'you can do anything'.

Now I'm not gonna say that its one of the greatest games ever or a perfect 10/10, because there is NOTHING to this game but fucking around and exploring. But I am gonna say that every other open world dev should take notes on the overworld design because its pretty much flawless.
>>
>>386788634
Metacritic said it that it was not only the game of the year but it could be the game of the decade.
>>
I loved the game, but greatest of all time? Maybe 5-6 years ago. It was great but it wasn't THAT great. It didn't do anything revolutionary for sake.
>>
>>386788574
Game is boring honestly. I think its one of the most overrated games of all time, but that's to be expected for its brand.

Witcher 3 has a much more fun and varried quest and level design, better combat, better, well, everything. That game recieved so many Game of the Year awards too.

I don't think BOTW will ever touch it because most people fell out of love with it very very fast. Hell, I was selling my Wii U and the guy who I was selling Bayo 1and2 was saying that he loved it at first, but a few hours in found it pointless, tedious, and boring. I think almost everyone outside of diehard fans pretty much thought the same.

Unfortunately, Nintendo fans rarely play games outside of their niche due to mental retardation.
>>
File: 10736274_t.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
10736274_t.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>386795050
Owned
>>
>>386808889
You must have a below average IQ if you think the puzzles, music, dungeons, or combat is anything resembling "good".
>>
>>386788574
People spent $300 to play this game. When a person spends more money on something they will enjoy it more purely because they spent more money on it.

That's why expensive wines are thought to be more enjoyable.
>>
>>386788783
>Most game critics are saying that
Are they the same game critics that will play a game for 3 hours and if it's too hard they quit?
>>
>>386810127
This. It was indeed a good game, well worth a play through and has a smidge of replay value. But people calling it the greatest of all time are quite literally exaggerating.

Besides, the waggling really does a fantastic job of being a pain in the ass and breaking immersion. Every waggle shrine I stumbled into, I knew I was in for a bad time.

How long does it take for the average person to complete the torch and water spout shrine with waggle? Anything less than an hour and I'll call you a liar.
>>
>>386810297
This, along with the whole mentality of "if the Switch fails again, people will laugh at us (again)"

People have this perception that a company needs to be successful if its the one they backup. NIntendo fans go a bit too far when it comes to supporting the consoles, to which it becomes more of a belonging clique rather than another videogame console.

The truth is, Nintendo will never be relevant again in the console space. It will always be a secondary option.
>>
>>386810130
The "open-ended" engine does a lot of good for this game. You can combine random stuff and get the weirdest and most amusing results. The open world design, however, is shit. Even just the way they designed the world is, actually. It doesn't feel organic at all. Any player beginning the game can wander anywhere without real repurcussions. Where's the challenge in that? And where there's no challenges, one will rarely find a rewarding experience. Doesn't help that a lot of things you stumble upon while exploring are bogged down in routine (similarly designes shrines with similar progression, Koroks basically posing the same challenges over and over again). Also, side quests don't pay off either. Mostly because weaponry is fucking shit and armor can be bought at vendors.
>>
>>386811025
Meant for >>386809882
>>
>>386797464
So what games released this past decade are better then?
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.