[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate triggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

Is there ANY modern, good quality USB controller that doesn't have those dumb analog triggers?
>>
Why are you so triggered by them?
>>
>>386787659
Why the fuck wouldn't you want as many analogue inputs as possible?
>>
File: 217630_detail_01.jpg (24KB, 691x350px)
217630_detail_01.jpg
24KB, 691x350px
analog triggers are a meme. Best controller coming through.
>>
i mean it all depends on what you want to play
I have a steam controller and it works well for a whole lot of things, but I keep my 360 pad around for some games (like racing)
if you only want to play platformers you can't go wrong with a usb snes controller
>>
I hate triggers and games forcing you to drive with them or aim and shoot with them.

I miss using X and Square to drive and L1 and R1 to shoot
>>
Xbox 360 has best triggers. If you could import that exact mechanism to the DS4, you would have an all time ultima controller.
>>
>>386787759
Any way to connect this to a computer that doesn't adds input lag?

>>386787815
I play a variety of genres, but none needs analog triggers.

>>386787742
They're not widely used and makes the gameplay uncomfortable to me.
>>
File: 41dwqbWAydL.jpg (22KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
41dwqbWAydL.jpg
22KB, 500x365px
>>386788216
You buy this one instead
>>
>>386788216
>They're not widely used and makes the gameplay uncomfortable to me.
>I am genetically inferior, and will die out much like the people who got motion sickness reading in cars
>>
>>386788118
>forcing you to drive with them
lol, how casual can you be if you cant find the advantage in choosing variable acceleration and braking.
>>
>>386788272
>be reading in car
>get motion sick
>die from this
??
>>
Triggers always felt like shit to press and fuck racing games.
>>
>>386788490
>being unable to read your phone while in a car, train, plane, or bus
if your not dead already, SOON, because your 75+
>>
>>386788272
didnt know having taste was genetically inferior. I dont need delayy in my inputs so i can simulate a car pedal with my fucking finger. I have a wheel setup for that
>>
>>386788605
>not having analog triggers on your steering wheel for tactile paddle shifting
wew fucking casual
>>
The Xbox Elite controller has switches on the back which let you limit the travel on the analog shoulder buttons. It's a great feature and I always have them on

Otherwise I'd pick up a Switch Pro controller
>>
File: 1501365242603.png (801KB, 722x714px) Image search: [Google]
1501365242603.png
801KB, 722x714px
>>386788216
>They're not widely used and makes the gameplay uncomfortable to me

I have literally not played a game in the past 10 years with a controller that didn't use the triggers, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
Switches between PS4 and PC, there is also an Xbone+PC version. Really good for fighting games and anything arcade.
>>
>>386789241

Not OP but analog shoulder buttons are pretty shitty. Digital ones are much better for 99% of games that you'd be playing with a controller. I don't know if I would call them uncomfortable but digital buttons are preferred IMO
>>
I got hand cramps while using the gamecube's shit tier triggers. I swear, that controller is made for handlets
>>
>>386789507
>Digital ones are much better for 99% of games that you'd be playing with a controller
>guy who plays nothing but weebshit
>>
File: troy mclure.jpg (42KB, 989x764px) Image search: [Google]
troy mclure.jpg
42KB, 989x764px
>mfw playing the new Amplitude with a PS4 controller
>>
>>386787659
Man i totally misread that title and thought I was still on /pol/
>>
>>386789241
He means the analog part of triggers. If you don't play games that take advantage of the fact the triggers are analog, having a digital one often feels better since you just click them in and you're done like with the Wii U pro controller. Controllers with analog triggers, however, have a lot more travel since they can measure how much you're holding them down but when you just want to do an action that just requires you to press it (I think using the noble phantasm in Fate/Extella was mapped to R2), the extra travel before activation doesn't feel as good.
>>
File: 1400729063764.jpg (14KB, 556x561px) Image search: [Google]
1400729063764.jpg
14KB, 556x561px
>>386789507
>analog shoulder buttons are pretty shitty. Digital ones are much better
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>386793678
He said they're uncomfortable, how would digital triggers be more comfortable than analog
>>
>>386793446
oh boy was that game a whole lot of missed potential
>>
>>386794156
Maybe he has mainly used ones that felt flimsy like the ps3 ones?
>>
>>386794156
Comfortable is subjective. You're just arguing to argue on the internet as is customary. You're arguing because that's what you came here to do.
>>
>>386787659
>nintentoddler trying too hard to shill shit controllers
>>
>>386794616
I wasn't even saying that he was wrong to find them uncomfortable, I was saying that his complaint wasn't specifically analog vs. digital triggers, it was triggers in general.

stop being so condescending dude
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.