[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite underrated video game Character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12

Zero- Drakengard 3

once her motives become clear she's a completely different character.
Also if you have any Zero fan-art that'd be cool.
>>
Zero is really not that good as far as Taro's characters go. As well as DoD3 itself which is fine only if you consider it a black comedy that borders satire at times.
>>
>>386781696
You mean it isn't?
>>
>>386781238
>tfw there's an unofficial figure floating out there somewhere in Chinaland.
Fucking kills me.
>>
File: one and zero drag on dragoon.jpg (169KB, 770x262px) Image search: [Google]
one and zero drag on dragoon.jpg
169KB, 770x262px
>>386781696
I think the issue for me is that Zero's actions, unlike Caim's or Nier's, aren't really taken seriously at all for the majority of the game.

It's all slapstick and sex jokes while she's committing mass murder.So when it suddenly switches over to a more serious tone I wasn't really emotionally invested in anyone.

A few of the sisters are interesting if you get their DLC though.
>>
>>386782234
>spoiler
Everyone seems to hate her but I love Four the most.
>>
>>386782702
I think Four had potential, but I wish they had played around with her dynamic with her sisters a bit more and how she justified her actions instead of just writing it off as her hating everyone.
>>
>>386783015
I was certain it was just really elves she especially hated.
>>
File: 1411340372834.jpg (348KB, 850x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1411340372834.jpg
348KB, 850x1244px
>>386782702

Four is easily my favorite because of how fucking awful she is.

A lot of her worst qualities remind me of me when I was younger, especially the lowkey fury over not being praised for doing the right thing. She is such a shit, it's delightful.

Have some misleading fanart.
>>
>>386781238

Then when you read her novella she changes again

Zero's a really interesting and complex character
>>
>>386783161

lel no, read her novella and her diary thing from her DLC
>>
File: Fuuka's greeting.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fuuka's greeting.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Fuuka Yamagishi

>survives tartarus by herself for hours.
>is the strongest scanner in the world
>gives constant moral support to the team
>is the reason Yukari finds her father's real recording and evolves her persona
>trains constantly to be able to bring SEES the best support possible

She doesn't get the recognition she deserves.
>>
>>386783524
I don't remember it saying anything about species like humans but rather nonhuman things.
>>
>batshit crazy at first glance and with absolutely fucked up moral complex at first glance
>does all kinds of unsavoury experiments even on fellow androids
>well-known for the ability to make a bomb out of android and even attempted to merge two androids into one
>at the same time holds genuine respect for Commander, rightfully enraged when she learns the truth about machine history and seems to care about 2B and 9S as she tries to help 2B in concert ending, probably because they are White's subordinates and her last keepsakes
>tfw little to no fanart
>>
File: WZ-Ambassador_Buta_01.jpg (18KB, 288x264px) Image search: [Google]
WZ-Ambassador_Buta_01.jpg
18KB, 288x264px
MAKE WAYYYYY FOR THE AMBASSADOR
>>
>>386783350
>Four is easily my favorite because of how fucking awful she is.
She's "awful" because she's pretentious about her actions, which is not really much of a measure of awfulness. It's just spiting her more because she has a pretense for it.

Nevertheless, I admit I toyed around with fanfiction ideas in my head for her but none of them sounded like Taro in writing, so I kept squashing the ideas. But ideas would just resurface in my head automatically anyway and I would have to keep reminding myself, "No, Taro wouldn't write something redemptive or forgiving of her character, that's just not like him." But my mind obsesses quixotically. Maybe the nuke from Korea will end it.
>>
>>386781238
I mean I guess I can't really blame her but I still think she was unlikable
>>
File: DD3_Four_SS21.png (677KB, 1280x541px) Image search: [Google]
DD3_Four_SS21.png
677KB, 1280x541px
>>386783350
It actually bothers me that she fell for Zero's bullshit fake-out after her first boss fight.

If they really wanted us to believe that Four was that twisted deep down she should have been the one trying to lure someone in for a hug before stabbing them in the back.
>>
>>386783881
You forgot

>made the decision that it would better that rogue YoRHa who abandoned their purpose should live for drug dependence rather than no reason at all and created E-drugs
>>
>>386781238
>once her motives become clear she's a completely different character.
Do I need to play 3 different playtroughs of the same mediocre at best garbage before that happens?
>>
>>386784332
Also
>strategy guide states that she will allow to take measurements of her body if you like, in exchange for participating in some of her experiments
>>
>>386784323
Well, there's the other route, though no offer of hug happened in that if I recall.

But that scene angered me too. I get that Four is supposedly a bad person, but the way she was tricked there just made me feel really bad instead. At least in the route where Four has totally gone insane there were not as much hard feelings.
>>
File: Jackass.jpg (75KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
Jackass.jpg
75KB, 422x750px
>>386783881
>well-known for the ability to make a bomb out of android
To be fair, it's pretty clear she uses corpses.

2B and 9S are recycling Yorha corpses the whole game.
>>
File: 1499971894467.jpg (92KB, 652x580px) Image search: [Google]
1499971894467.jpg
92KB, 652x580px
>>386784653
>it's pretty clear she uses corpses
I'm actually... not so sure, anon.
>>
File: 1yvhebtlwvwy.png (478KB, 1000x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1yvhebtlwvwy.png
478KB, 1000x1029px
>>386784735
>Jackass Bomb Recipe
- Three AIM-11s (from flight units)
- The corpse of a suitable android
- Five cores from machine lifeforms capable of EMP attacks
- An adequate amount of bonding agent
- A container ( I usually use a machine's head, but you be you)
>>
File: 1497482667668.png (131KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
1497482667668.png
131KB, 294x265px
>>386784403
The general gameplay isn't great, but to the game's credit the different story routes are fairly different from one another.

Outside of collecting all the weapons for Branch D you don't have to replay everything from the start again to continue
>>
>>386785268
>Outside of collecting all the weapons for Branch D you don't have to replay everything from the start again to continue
And dropped
Why do people praise Taro for this fucking garbage ass way to tell a story. I've only played Automata and good god was that enough repetition and asset reuse for me.
>>
File: charnel-1.jpg (55KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
charnel-1.jpg
55KB, 1024x768px
>>386784003
best game
>>
>>386785564
It's just overcoming challenges and buying stuff you couldn't before in chapters that last like 10 minutes.
Compared to the ass backward conditions for some drakengard swords, 3 was super nice about it.
>>
>>386785564
>Automata
>repetition and asset reuse
Yeah, I don't think you'd enjoy Drakengard my friend.

Automata's polished as Hell compared to most of Taro's earlier work.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.