[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit. I'm playing this for the first time through Dolphin,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 376401-sonic-adventure-2.jpg (239KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
376401-sonic-adventure-2.jpg
239KB, 980x551px
Holy shit. I'm playing this for the first time through Dolphin, and what the fuck. Is it an emulation thing, or are the controls really this fucking floaty and sensitive? Also the fucking CAMERA, jesus christ. Why is this game so highly regarded? It came out after fucking Rayman 2, Banjo-Kazooie and Mario 64, how the hell does it control so shittily?

Even Toy Story 2 on the PS1 plays much better.
>>
bump because I honestly want to know if this is an emulation problem so I can fix it
>>
Try the Steam version, if it plays the same then it's your taste.
>>
>>386772360

Do you have full control of the camera, or is it still shoulder-buttons left-right like the console version?
>>
>>386771120
Unless the camera catches, it should be fine.
And if you're using a keyboard that would definitely make it harder.
>>
Nah that's just how it is. Game is mediocre.
>>
>>386771120
>>386772212

The controls are perfect. You are either using a shitty controller/playing with keyboard, or you're the same kind of retard who would claim Mario 64 has bad controls.

The camera is shit though but it's usually not THAT big of a problem.
>>
>>386771120
Sonic Adventure 1 is better
>>
>Why is this game so highly regarded?
Chao Garden and silly music.
>>
Name one instance where you need to move the the camera that doesn't involve it getting stuck behind something
>>
Game is shit, it isn't the emulator
>>
>>386776465

>controls are perfect
>comparing it to Mario 64

Holy shit, have you actually played the game in the last 5 years?

It's floaty as FUCK, it's nowhere NEAR the Mario 64 levels of control.

Characters run way too fast when you need to move slower when exploring or doing something other than going in a straight line, the camera doesn't help at all when you need to look at something right in front of you but there's a wall behind the character, Knuckles attacks are fucking pathetic making him slow to a crawl and unable to hit anything, and the whole game just feels super awkward.

>going really fast with no idea of what's coming
>suddenly everything halts and sonic has gone from his running to his walking animation while stuck facing a crate or wall
>awkward seconds of jumping around and trying to build up speed again

It feels like a fanmade game, not something a fucking triple A company would make after a fuck ton of great 3D platformers had already been around for years to show them how to make things work.
>>
>>386777025

Knuckle/Rouge stages are always a fucking drag, the camera keeps getting stuck ALL THE TIME when you're trying to look around and find the gems. It happens literally all the time, you're standing on a platform that is backed against a wall, and you can't move the camera behind the character unless you move forward, but you can move forward or you'll fall from the platform.

Literally happens multiple times in almost every stage.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.