[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOTW was the peak of Level Design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Verticality, Interaction, optional solutions, no loading times, cross-room puzzles/out of box thinking, no padding (braindead enemies like in other Zelda dungeons or slow puzzles).

The hate the four beasts in BotW is literally a proof for me most "hardcore gamers" actually have no clue about game design.

Those dungeons were absolutely amazing. And the main reason they are so short compared to old Zelda dungeons is because they don't insult your intellect. There are actually optional ways to beat them, you can rush and skip things, barely any mini cutscenes or loading times, no gaes every meter, no pushing cubes, no carrying things around for minutes.

They are everything people wanted and people hate them.
>>
There's no better indicator that someone is a brainlet than when they try to say there's anything noteworthy about the game design of a Nintendo game
>>
>>386769497
can you not be so rude?
>>
>>386769328
oh look it's this thread again
>>
>>386769627
sorry I don't know what came over me
>>
shadow of the colossus did it better
>>
I thought the dungeons were a disappointment just by how they were hyped up, and then became a shitty puzzles that weren't challenging and a boss that wasn't very good.

When I first saw some of the beasts at the start of the game, I thought I'd stock up on stuff because it's going to be a long haul. Equipped myself with food items, equipment and everything and even when I felt like I wasn't prepared I did it anyway.

Getting to the beasts was a fun endeavor, but then when you get to the beasts they're in no way challenging on interesting. The only hard one was the elephant and I still did it without a guide a lot of trial and error.

The boss at the end was fun I guess, but I preferred how the boss needed to be beaten with an item you find in the dungeon. Even if the "hit the red eye" shit wasn't very challenging, a mix of the BOTW combat and this with an item you'd find in the dungeon would be pretty fun.

Although, items being in BOTW in general is another debate.
>>
>>386769328
>they don't insult your intellect
If you're 8 maybe. All Zelda puzzles since Wind Waker have all been pretty intellectually insulting so it wasn't unexpected though.

If you're old enough to post on 4chan and seriously found any of the puzzles in BotW intellectually demanding I would seriously consider seeing a doctor and making sure you don't have any major brain problems. The last Zelda game to have puzzles you might actually have to take a second to think about was Majora's Mask.
>>
>>386769328
/v/ hates everything that is popular and successful like GTA Online, are you new here?
>>
>>386769328
>BotW is literally a proof for me most "hardcore gamers" actually have no clue about game design.
I tend to think that about the game in general whenever I see some of the absolutely desperate attempts at criticism.

BotW isn't perfect, it suffers from some of the same issues which plague all open world games - enemy variety and difficulty balancing for example.

But the core gameplay experience is an masterclass in game design. Most kiddies don't get it because they don't even know what the concept means.
>>
>>386769328
pathetic nintendiaper. stop spamming this
>>
>>386769328
Just no. I love the shit out of nintendo but these beasts were disappointing as a replacement for dungeons.

They were good on their own merit and was cleverly designed, but they were too similar and all had generic Ganon spawn bosses.

One of the best things about Zelda is the variation and how each dungeon scream their theme in terms of visual design and music.

In BOTW I was expecting record breaking long and big scale dungeons and in stead they went the complete opposite way, didn't they also hype up one of the dungeons as being a big part of a forest or something???

Either way the closest feel to a dungeon was the shrines and 5 minute intervals of that just wasn't enough.
>>
File: LoZ1 Dungeon Concept Art.jpg (895KB, 700x1024px) Image search: [Google]
LoZ1 Dungeon Concept Art.jpg
895KB, 700x1024px
>>386769328
>They are everything people wanted and people hate them.
Probably because they weren't actual dungeons and they arr rooked da same. They were short, had awful boss battles, and weren't enough to accommodate the time it took to get to them. I was hoping for stuff like OOT's Forest Temple but available out in the open, not this Power Rangers mecha shit
>>
>>386769328
I'd give (You) a (You) if I could.
>>
>>386769328
This must be at least the third time I see you post this garbage.
>>
>>386769328
They really fucked up the one thing that every Zelda game needs, the dungeons. You can tweak a lot of Zelda features and succeed as this game did, but it did feel hollow without proper dungeons like every game have had before it.
>>
File: b70.gif (46KB, 408x410px) Image search: [Google]
b70.gif
46KB, 408x410px
>>386769328
Are we gonna be having this thread every day now?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.