[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which was more damaging to gaming as a whole?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: v30.png (305KB, 1192x442px) Image search: [Google]
v30.png
305KB, 1192x442px
Which was more damaging to gaming as a whole?
>>
>>386769040
LoL since now every shooter tries to have some super cool competitive twist with lol so randum unique characters
>>
>>386769040
CoD has taught developers that doing the same shit with minor changes every instalment is not only cost effective, but profitable as well.
>>
>>386769040
I feel like hating on cod is a phase everyone outgrows at 17
>>
Minecraft for creating early access and Kickstarter to a lesser degree. Also the autism.
>>
>>386769040
none, you're just mad because some companies decided to target the lowest denominator and now you have no one to play with.

Good games still exist, try playing something worth while.
>>
>>386769308
cod ruined fps, not lol.

shooter were only cod and bf before the moba/fps wave, so i don't why lol is bad for this reason.

lol killed rts and mmorpg
>>
Thanks for reminding me anon, Hearthstone has a new expansion coming out.
>>
>>386769040
>i'm an edgy contrarian, please give me attention: the thread
>>
Minecraft was actually a new game and was pretty fun, and gave us terraria. It was the fanbase, but retards are retards everywhere.
>>
>>386769695
didn't wow kill MMO's because it got changed its grind system in a really retarded way?

i always felt that way

Mobas was a genre that only started with LoL to begin with (fuck you dota 1 fags) so idk hard to ruin a genre that you gave birth to its just that the genre in itself is heavily flawed and even then there is dota 2 which many people consider good

same for hearthstone almost 1:1 without a good (AND popular) alternative, i heard some good and some bad about gwent so maybe thats worth looking at

CoD is shit, as all shooters are shit
always have been always will

minecraft i have no real feelings for, what even is the genre of that game "sandbox"?

gamin itself got fucked by microtransactions and DLC's

the only good DLC i ever bought in my entire life that was really worth its money was Gothic II night of the raven
>>
I actually like Minecraft
>>
>>386769040
hearthstone since it killed tcg
>>
>>386769040
League of Legends but only because of Riot. They're the reason Esports blew up in first world countries which fucked the industry in it's ass. Minecraft simply blew up a subgenre, Hearthstone followed LoL's example for the most part, CoD only affected a large part of a genre, but not the genre as a whole.
>>
League without any doubt, and that comes from knowing very little about it other than that it was the MOBA trendsetter.

MOBA is the death of gaming.
>>
>>386769695
>cod ruined fps, not lol.
Not in the context he listed.
>>
>>386769040
halo
>>
>>386771547
>digital ccg kills tcg
how
>>
>>386769402
This
Easily minecraft
>>
>>386772352
There aren't even that many moba games
>>
>>386773679
>the context he listed.

>LoL since now every shooter tries to have some super cool competitive twist with lol so randum unique characters
>every shooter

not true.
cod battlefield or even battlefront still comes out every year as normal. since more than 10 years ago.
if he is complaining about quake/unreal games, they're dead since cod4.
so i don't get in which context lol killed fps.
>>
Probably COD and its dozen DLCs per title which opened the world to season pass and hollow cash grab DLCs
>>
>>386774462
>since now every shooter tries to have some super cool competitive twist with lol so randum unique characters
CoD never did this.
>>
>>386770130
>didn't wow kill MMO's because it got changed its grind system in a really retarded way?
yeah, moba killed rts as a direct and more accessible "evolotion" of the genre.

i said also mmo because i still feel that the mmo genre would be played a lot more if there were not mobas around. back in the day people played wow all the time, then they started playing less just to play some lol on the side, now most of them are only on lol.
without lol MAYBE people would have moved to another mmo, this is what i intended.
>>
>>386774553
this is exactly what i said
>>
LoL killed RTS
CoD introduced constant dlc
Minecraft just gave people autism
Hearthstone didn't damage gaming at all
>>
>>386774795
So then you're agreeing with him?
>>
>>386769371
Sports games were doing this 10 years before COD.
>>
>>386774851
because cod DID ruined fps, lol came out when fps were already dead (because of cod).
cod ruined fps making them a 1year-lasting games, making dlcs, killing the competitive scene by removing private servers in mw2 (iirc).

sure, now we have the "fps moba", which is something new, but this hasn't removed anything from cod-like games.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.