[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1.0 Ending Event

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: FFXIV1.0.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV1.0.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
Has any MMO surpassed the pure KINO/11 event at the end of FFXIV 1.0? Yoshi could've just shut the servers down but instead he literally fucking killed everything. Imagine walking outside one day, looking up in the sky, and just watching the world end. Has any other vidya ever captured the emotion of such a scenario with so much accuracy? Ul'Dah getting fucked by Goobbues while player guilds gather to watch Dalamund fall from the sky, all while Answers is eerily being sung in the background, then it concludes with disconnecting from the server one of the best CGI cutscenes ever to be created.

I
WANT
TO
GO
BACK
>>
>>386767994

It was one of those "you had to be there" things I will never forgive myself for not witnessing. It stills give me chills tho.
>>
>>386768180
I recently watch a video of it for old time's sake and it fucking teleported me back in time. Shit was genuinely emotional. Messages scrolling up telling you that people were dying, Ul'Dah under siege, all that shit, and then the whole server just standing around waiting for it all to end. Idk what kind of dark and existential place Yoshi had to go to to construct this event, but it was magnificent.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPJdZlU7MEg
>>
>>386768508
He had to make an awful fucking MMO that failed, then had a cool idea to revive the hype and fix the game with a new iteration.
>>
>>386768562
Fuck, dude. Why do these things make me so emotional? There's something about a bunch of people gathering and quietly awaiting the end that really digs deep.

>>386768609
I'd say the hype revival and game fixing were well worth it. XIV is infinitely better
>>
>>386768562
I genuinely get upset that this hasn't been replaced with anything.

Why did need for Speed have to die with Blackbox?
>>
>>386767994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgEg8kXmifo
is it this?
no idea whats going on in the cutscene. but purging the basegame and releasing a better(?) version sounds like a really great moment in a mmo.
which they would do that for gw2
>>
>>386769246
I agree, and the idea was genius. They really cared about the game, especially with how deep they took the event.
>>
world of warcrafts zombie apocolype
>>
File: 150145671053.jpg (11KB, 283x97px) Image search: [Google]
150145671053.jpg
11KB, 283x97px
top 10 vidya gayum moments u just had to be there to c for yrself
>>
>>386767994

WOOOW DUDE SO EPIC!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7JPgpqghAw
>>
>>386769246
>I'd say the hype revival and game fixing were well worth it. XIV is infinitely better

The only thing they did better are graphics.
>>
>>386769289
The sphere Bahamut breaks out of is the lesser moon, Dalamud. The story leading up to the end was about the Garlean Empire using ancient technology to drop the moon on Eorzea so they could come in and take the land over after everyone was fucking dead. But Dalamud wasn't just a moon, it was an ancient prison created to seal Bahamut and use him as an energy source, so he wasn't very happy about that.
>>
>got a better game
>lost the superior animations
Small price to pay I suppose but man, the new animations for running and walking are so static and bad, why not just re-use what they had?
>>
>>386768508
link to the video?
>>
>>386768609
Yoshi didn't make 1.0. He wasn't even part of the 14 team, hell he wasnt even working on Final Fantasy games.
>>
>>386769686
To add to this:
Before the moon starts to drop, your last quest is to go pray to twelve shrines where the gods sleep, so they awake and help you out stopping the moon from falling.
When Bahamut wakes up, the old elf dude tries to use the power of the 12 gods to impression Bahamut again. And he is like: "I'm Bahamut, bitch! Your gods are nothing!" and just break the prison like it was made out of paper.
>>
>>386769813
Different engine, from what i heard. The old one preformed like garbage. that and they still wanted to release to PS3, because the promised a PS3 version.
>>
Still kicking myself for not playing while it was free tbqh
>>
>>386767994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgEg8kXmifo

Here's something. Bunch of people standing around waiting for the end of days, it then progresses into a cutscene and then logs you out. That shit still gives me chills and I wasn't even there to experience it.
>>
>>386770480
Meant for
>>386769949
>>
>>386769686
>>386770172
Thanks, sounds really final fantasy'ish.
>>
>Gigantic climactic battle between grand company soldiers and imperials
>gameplay nothing like that
>>
It was something.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOi-vlzRHEw

Planet side 1 had a good one. Shame ps2 is so fucking bad
>>
>>386770510
>>386770480
Thanks, that summed it up nicely!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.