[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOTW is overrated as fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 0

I'm playing this shit and I don't see what the fuss is all about, this game is literally a "10/10 it's alright - IGN" kind of deal.

The open world is bland and uninteresting. Sure you can go anywhere but what's the point when there is literally nothing in 99.8% of the environment?

The stealth and the combat in general is shit, I've literally had more fun stealthing around in fucking Far Cry 3, and speaking of that game, FC3 also had superior fire mechanics and that game came out in 2012, and 5 years later Nintendo can't even match it outside of those fucking ubisoft towers that reveal the map? All the meme shit they show off in youtuber videos gets old after 10 minutes, sure it's fun to fuck around with the physics but what's even the point. And I'm so fucking tired of having to deal with that retarded stamina meter following me everywhere, a million pages of inventory shit, my weapons breaking every 5 minutes, and so on.

And seriously where the fuck are my dungeons? What's with this shrine shit, so far I've only done the Zora one and the Rito actual dungeons, and they're mediocre as fuck, I mean worse than Majora's mask, and I spoiled myself that there are only 4 in the game and they're all bad.

And last but not least, the music is forgettable as fuck and the graphics are dogshit and full of framerate dips (switch version).

Now that the dust has settled, I think we can all agree that this game is the worst Zelda yet, that it brings nothing new at all to open world games, and quite literally babby's first open world game next to fucking Far Cry 3.
>>
I agree.
>>
I disagree.
>>
People who have a fart fetish are some of the worst people to ever exist.
>>
>>386762345
I agree. Horrible taste in fetish though.
>>
>>386762345
Can you at least fuck Zelda?
>>
It's understandable it got the 10s across the board, Nintendo Boys never played an open world game, and with gaming journos, Nintendo always gets a free pass. Also, it got a big yas from the lgbtwtfbbq community because you can dress as a girl

http://thegaymer.com/nintendo/breath-wild-appeals-gaymers-fem-link/
>>
>>386762345
Give me ONE reason I should read this
>>
OP you wouldn't be saying that if it had the scores that it has
But because everyone acknowledges it as a master piece you feel the need to find any reason to disagree. Kinda like how /tv/ considers Breaking Bad trash

The game is fantastic in every right. Shows up the Western garbage the industry is trying to shove down our throats at every turn.
No hand holding shit. Just pure open world fun.
>>
>>386762345
all good points but you ruined it with your image
>>
>>386762881
>>386762817
It's not my fetish, it just popped up when I googled for botw sucks, a bit further down the results, and I thought it did justice to the game.
>>
>>386762345
>The open world is bland and uninteresting.
I completely disagree, it's one of the densest and best overworlds of any open world game
>The stealth and the combat in general is shit
Again, I disagree. The combat and physics tie together brilliantly, giving you a lot of ways to fight using the surrounding world.
>FC3 also had superior fire mechanics
how? As far as I can tell FC3's fire physics doesn't have anything above BotW's fire.
> fucking ubisoft towers that reveal the map?
the sheikah towers aren't used in remotely the same way - they do not show you icons for quests like the infamous 'ubisoft towers', and they are entirely optional aside from the Great Plateau tower. They also provide a unique little puzzle for each tower.
>I spoiled myself that there are only 4 in the game and they're all bad.
what do you mean you spoiled yourself on this? The game tells you this at the start. Also, you just stated that you only played 2 of them yet here are claiming all of them are bad? What kind of logic is that?
>And last but not least, the music is forgettable as fuck
I like the soundtrack, it may tone down the presence of music (being that music is mostly absent during play), but the soundtrack is a lot larger than people realise; it's just subtle and subdued.
>>
>>386763074
then explain these:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm

http://www.gamesradar.com/were-all-talking-about-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-developers-explain-how-its-shaping-the-future-of-games/
>>
>>386763285
>I completely disagree, it's one of the densest and best overworlds of any open world game
Dense with what exactly? It's so sparse and empty it just bores me to death. Even the trees are sparse.
>Again, I disagree. The combat and physics tie together brilliantly, giving you a lot of ways to fight using the surrounding world.
Give me some examples. You're almost always better off rushing in and beating down the enemies with your sword. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
>how? As far as I can tell FC3's fire physics doesn't have anything above BotW's fire.
For starters, the fire in FC3 spreads a lot more and you can set structures on fire, you can't on BOTW.
>Also, you just stated that you only played 2 of them yet here are claiming all of them are bad?
I googled for the actual amount of dungeons and by reading the results on forums and shit I heard the dungeons are all pretty mediocre.
>>
>>386762345
It's the only nintendo game made within the last decade that I personally feel was a 10/10 or worthy of extreme praise so it must just be subjective.
>>
Zelda is all about the dungeons, items, and puzzles, and BOTW has none of that. Nintendo ruined their best series to jump on the open world meme bandwagon. They should have started a new IP and kept Zelda more traditional.
>>
>>386763714
>Even the trees are sparse.
nigga what, there's several large forests and even an entire jungle region
>Give me some examples. You're almost always better off rushing in and beating down the enemies with your sword. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
You just need some creativity, like using stasis on a bokoblin whilst they ride a horse, resulting in them falling to the ground once the stasis times out; or using stasis to fling a boulder at an enemy, potentially killing them in one hit; or using octo balloons to send bombs into an enemy camp; or taking advantage of lighting and throwing a metal weapon (I recommend a boomerang or spear) at a stronger enemy to kill it instantly - all of these could kill enemies significantly faster than simply running in with a sword.
For starters, the fire in FC3 spreads a lot more and you can set structures on fire, you can't on BOTW.
The fire spreads in BotW so long as there's either strong winds or something more flammable (like vines or wooden spikes or dead grass) to spread it to; you can burn certain structures in BotW as well but they obviously have to be made of wood - like wood boards, dead leaves, shrubs and trees, vines, wooden spikes, etc.
>I googled for the actual amount of dungeons
er anon you didn't need to google this, the game tells you at the beginning that there's 4 beasts...
>>
>>386764235
>For starters, the fire in FC3 spreads a lot more and you can set structures on fire, you can't on BOTW.
this was supposed to be greentext in my post, woops.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.