[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1487247683744.jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487247683744.jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
What went wrong?
>>
>>386761594
your taste
>>
I'm so fucking lost in the timeline. She came from Zebes, then went to SR388 for what exactly?
>>
>>386761721
In Metroid, Samus goes to Zebes and defeats the Space Pirates and Mother Brain.
In Metroid II, she goes to SR388 to exterminate all the Metroids since that's their native planet. She keeps the last Metroid and gives it to the Federation for scientific purposes.
In Super Metroid, the Space Pirates steal the last Metroid and Samus goes back to Zebes. After that, Metroid Fusion happens.
>>
Nothing.

It's a fucking great game.
>>
>>386762415
I second this. Only metroid I was able to finish
>>
ninty didn't continue it's objectively superior quality in the rest of the series going forward
>>
>linearity
>in a metroid game
>>
it was too good
>>
>>386761594
No sequel
>>
>>386762689
Super Metroid is a linear game. The only one that isn't is OG Metroid.
>>
My only concern with this game is that they shoved adam and started the metroid drama that other m is about.

Gameplay is good, just a small design choice that i don't like, which is the map pointing the objective.
>>
File: 1451889809071.jpg (349KB, 1680x560px) Image search: [Google]
1451889809071.jpg
349KB, 1680x560px
>>386761721
Thinking about this just made me realize a fairly major plot hole.

If the Chozo made Metroids on Zebes for Zebes, how did the Metroids home world end up on SR388?

Maybe this has a simple answer. Did the Chozo make Metroids on SR388 and they escaped or something like that?
>>
>>386761594
it was linear. But a pretty alright metroid.
It gave nintendo the idea to make samus have PTSD and be heavily story driven for Other M.
>>
too linear
too many long, unskippable cutscenes
clunky controls
>>
>>386763558
Created on Sr388.
Stolen by space Pirates to be used as weapons on their planet Zebes.
>>
>>386763151
You can skip a entire boss easily without realizing it.
With any Semblance of skill you could play the game in a completely different order.
>>
>>386763558
Chozo lived on both SR388 and Zebes. MB exterminated all of the Chozo on Zebes and they abandoned SR388.
>>
>>386761594
Nothing, this game is fucking great
>>
>>386761594
nothing?

it's in the top 3 of the series along Super and Prime

Zero Mission can go fuck itself though
>>
>>386762557
>Only metroid I was able to finish
wew
>>
>>386761594
Cutscenes dragged on for too long and were unskippable. I liked the story regardless, but there should have been a mode without the heavy scripting like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Iht5RjKvE
>>
>>386762557
4chan makes me sick I swear
>>
>>386761594
Nothing really wrong. They tweaked the formula for a handheld game you're not expected to play for very long stretches is all.
>>
Only things I don't like are the much more simplified physics and too much dialog.

Still has the best ambiance of the series, and the progression system might be linear but the execution of the X as most of your power-ups is genius.
>>
>>386761594

Nothing. It was the franchise paying tribute to Alien and turning Samus into an actual character.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.