[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

15 Years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

File: 2017-08-11.jpg (349KB, 1597x1577px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-11.jpg
349KB, 1597x1577px
How does it make you feel, /v/?
>>
It's nice to see ZUN is still going strong with the series despite being married and having a kid to take care of
>>
>>386759067
It's essentially his job. How is having a job "despite"?
>>
inb4 the next mainline toe hoes game is another fighting game that no one cares about because it sucks
>>
>>386759132
Doesn't he do other game dev stuff? I know he was doing stuff with Hudson Soft before they went under. I figured he could find work at any game company he wanted to.
>>
>>386759294
He works at the one he wants. Team Shanghai Alice.
>>
8 hours
>>
File: 1493992005835.jpg (191KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1493992005835.jpg
191KB, 640x633px
>>386758634

Still has the best menu screen music to this day.

The drawings, while shitty, are somehow the most decent drawings he's ever done for a mainline game.

Good balance of difficulty, no star pieces bullshit for lives and bombs.

Has the most memorable characters, Cirno, Sakuya, Remilia, Flandre, Meiling etc...

The overall ost is pretty good and memorable in general, don't think it's THE best but it's up there.
>>
Best ost, simplest game mechanics, among the most solid games in the series. Good shit
>>
>>386759067
He's having a second kid soon.
>>
>tfw no【東方】 Koishi Komeiji's Heart-Throbbing Adventure Part 19 [9/9] (English)
>>
>>386759668
>Imagine having an opinion this shit.
>>
>>386760309

Let's see yours, buddy.
>>
File: tips.png (269KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
tips.png
269KB, 500x378px
>>386760170
>Meme girl's Memetic Adventure
>>
>>386760490
UFO has the best menu screen music, the song is high energy and is perfect for setting the scene for an adventure.

PoFV, with the coloring help ZUN received, was easily the best game for portraits.

Balance and mechanics aren't actually interconnected, but I would give best balance to MS and best mechanics to DDC I guess, or maybe PCB? SA would win if it weren't for those shitty bombs.

Half those characters are only memorable because of memes and you know it. PCB had a better cast, as did SA.

ost is pretty good, yeah. But as you said, it's not the best.
LoLK might be best in that department. Those sci-fi vibes.
>>
File: Grab the Boy.jpg (149KB, 675x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Grab the Boy.jpg
149KB, 675x1024px
>>386760170
It was Quite a trip, fun even when it takes itself too seroiously But we really have no new video? after all this time
Also Wriggle Best Boy
>>
>>386760170
KKHTA is TGT except with no self awareness or humor, just pure autism.
>>
>>386760867
>UFO has the best menu screen music, the song is high energy and is perfect for setting the scene for an adventure.

Opinions, but I agree, both have a different feel, I just like the buildup from EoSD more, UFO was my close 2nd tho.

>PoFV, with the coloring help ZUN received, was easily the best game for portraits.

I guess, I just like the organic watercolor look 6 has

>Balance and mechanics aren't actually interconnected, but I would give best balance to MS and best mechanics to DDC I guess, or maybe PCB? SA would win if it weren't for those shitty bombs.

Now that I think about it, PCB is pretty good too, but it's a bit too easy, I just prefer the mechanics from the first 3 windows games.

>Half those characters are only memorable because of memes and you know it. PCB had a better cast, as did SA.

PCB has a nice cast, but EoSD transcended a bit more, thanks to memes? maybe so, but still.

Osts are great, overall but I feel the music lost some of it's "feel" after UFO for some reason, lack of zumpets maybe? I don't know because I do love the ost from 1-5 a lot.
>>
>>386761770
I believe ZUN is relying less on ZUNpets because he didn't want them to get stale, which is my theory as to why they only show up in end-game boss themes and the climaxes for normal boss themes. They're probably my favorite thing about older Touhou music, so hearing some shitty electric guitar or random synth noise replace the role that ZUNpets usually would occupy is upsetting to me.

If he really is done with making music with his old instrument style, I think it would be very poetic for him to briefly return to it in the Maribel and Renko album where shit goes down.
>>
>>386759276
how is this pronounced?

too-hoo or toe-hoe?

for that matter, how is doujin pronounced? doo-jin or doe-jin? only ever seen these words in print
>>
>>386760909
>misgendering

ugh...
>>
>>386763161
from this text, toe-hoe and doe-jin is the closest you'll get.
toh-hoh
doh-jiin
>>
>>386761770
Yeah, EoSD did have a very nice, unique look to it, I'll confess.

As for the osts, TD - LoLK all had a very strong central theme to their osts, which might be why they sound a little odd to you compared to the rest of the series. I enjoy this, however, because it gives the osts a very unified feel, and they become an extension of the games themselves. HSiFS seems to be dropping this, though, so maybe it'll be more up your alley.
>>
>>386760909
>boy
>>
>>386760909
Yes yes, very cute boy. Definitely.
>>
Tanned Cirno is a miracle of the universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMW6-WCHP-E
>>
File: wriggle hose.png (8KB, 523x413px) Image search: [Google]
wriggle hose.png
8KB, 523x413px
>>386760909
Wriggle is a GIRL!
>>
Smol drunk 2hu
>>
>>386764971
That can would be heavier than she is.
>>
File: af1d72f88e93b7b497a531311ba9a881.png (379KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
af1d72f88e93b7b497a531311ba9a881.png
379KB, 850x1200px
>>386765163
She is not lifting it, just tipping it
>>
>>386758634
only thing it makes me feel is i wish i was better at those games
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.