[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playstation Classics Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: ps1.png (145KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
ps1.png
145KB, 3000x3000px
>grew up with SNES/N64
>missed all PS1 classics
>recently played Abe's Oddysee and Silent Hill
>both are fucking fantastic

Tell me about your favorite PS1 game
>>
>>386755251
Abe's Exoddus is worth playing if you liked the first. It has some enhancements to make it less tedious like quicksaving and an "All o' ya!" speech option so you don't have to run back and forth to save more than one Mudokon
>>
Symphony of the Night. Also one of my all-time faves.
>>
Rayman 2: The Great Escape, it's a 3D platformer. I'd like to say something about it but I haven't played it in so long. Rayman 1 is pretty good too.
>>
The atmosphere, created by vibrant worlds and wonderul music, of Spyro the Dragon lead me to play it at least once every year.

The game is extremely accessible because of its simple gameplay, with the challenge coming in by way of solving labryinth-like levels towards the end. I'm looking at you Tree Tops and Haunted Towers.

It's easy, but it's a glorious time while it lasts. The sequels are great as well, and introduce a greater variety of minigames/puzzles and additional playable characters. However, the first one will continue to hold a special place in my ps1 library.
>>
>>386755251
I couldn't get into Abe's Oddysee personally. Every time I get hit with a cheap death I spawn miles away and have to repeat everything I just did, including saving the last dozen Mudokons.
>>
>>386756128
>Rayman 1 is pretty good too

Rayman 1 is fucking fantastic. Play Rayman 1 OP.
>>
File: ff9 - comfy the game.jpg (1MB, 1982x1288px) Image search: [Google]
ff9 - comfy the game.jpg
1MB, 1982x1288px
>>386755251
My favs & recommendations:

-Silent Hill
-Resident Evil 1-3
-MediEvil 1 & 2
-Final Fantasy VII-IX

-Spyro 1-3
-Dino Crisis 1-2
-Vagrant Story
-Metal Gear Solid

-G-Police games
-Oddworld -games
-Gex: Deep Cover Gecko
-Alundra

-Parasite Eve 1 & 2
-Crash Bandicoot 1-3
-Crash Team Racing
>>
>>386755251
I don't care what anyone says, ff7 is overrated as shit, and uses its story to make up for shit gameplay like any rpg.
but still give it a shot
>>
Played Mega Man Legends for the first time and I have to say it is one charming motherfucking game.
It looks fantastic with incredible facial animations and bright colorful clean visuals.
>>
>>386755251
Like >>386756628 said, play the Spyro series. Those games still hold up today in almost every aspect.
>>
File: 1495333553435.png (181KB, 460x558px) Image search: [Google]
1495333553435.png
181KB, 460x558px
>>386756628
>try Spyro 2 after enjoying the first
>it's now a PBS show
>>
>>386755251
Most of Square's games are worth trying at least. Here are some favorites besides the one's already mentioned:
Xenogears
SaGa Frontier
Threads of Fate
Legend of Mana
Einhander
Chrono Cross

Also, try Tomba and Tomba 2. I prefer the first one, but they're both nice.
>>
Just finished SotN
Loved the boss fights but hated the backtracking.

Whats next for me?
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 600x600px
I'm playing Grandia right now and it's pretty much the greatest game ever.
>pic not related
>>
>>386759426
Forgot Brave Fencer Musashi. Ape Escape is another game that hasn't been mentioned yet. Really fun platformer where you figure out how to catch apes with helmets that made them super smart. First game to require the DualShock controller and uses the two analog sticks for a bunch of different things.
>>
Omega Booster
Suikoden 2
Metal Gear Solid
Vagrant Story
Gran Turismo 2
Ridge Racer type 4
Crash Team Racing
Brave Fencer Musashi
Tenchu Stealth Assasins
Street Fighter Alpha 3
ShadowMan
>>
Metal Gear Solid.
Final Fantasy VII.
Omega Boost.
Xenogears.
Tenchu Stealth Assassins.
>>
File: spyro.png (740KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
spyro.png
740KB, 800x571px
>>386756628
best fucking game music. some levels' songs remind me of the band rush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQq6rXdFGwE

great level design, too. i think 2 and 3 fall short in that department
>>
>>386756651
save scum. i think its one of the rare games back then to employ "save wherever" because of what you're saying
>>
>>386755251
Some of my favorites:
Namco Museum (all 6)
Spyro 1-3
Crash 1-3, with CTR and Bash
Playstation Underground and Jampack (especially the demos for Einhander and Tomba)
Um Jammer Lammy

>>386758390
PBS show?
>>
>>386761929
The designs and visual style of Spyro 2 is like Elmo's Number Journey
>>
Legend of Dragoon was my favorite. It had just about every single JRPG trope there is in one game.
>>
>>386755251
Ape Escape
Spyro
Brave Fencer Musashi
Alundra
Bust a Groove
CTR
Tomba/Tombi

>>386762326
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
I had the same experience with consoles so I just found ps games in 2011. My favorite is still Parasite Eve. You may also like the Megaman games. I played X4 and X5 but didnt liked X6 so I stopped there but you can check 'em by yourself. I always hear how good FF tactics is but could never play it (only a lot of clones).
Fighting games are enjoyable too. The perfect fighting game is Darkstalkers 3, but you can find Marvel, tekken and soul calibur. Other than that maybe Metal Slug, Resident Evil and Dino Crysis sagas
>>
File: Spyro2Ripulsh[1].png (311KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Spyro2Ripulsh[1].png
311KB, 480x360px
>>386762326
I don't see it. Looks pretty similar to the first game
>>
>>386763153
>the ogre dragon on the right
>>
File: threads_of_fate_dew_prism_0.jpg (150KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
threads_of_fate_dew_prism_0.jpg
150KB, 800x600px
this one is a pretty good action adventure and its kawaii as fuck
>>
>Alien Trilogy
I hope you like Doom clones because if not you're gonna hate this game. It's an FPS that covers the first 3 Alien movies.
>Die Hard Trilogy
Much better the Alien Trilogy. Every movie has a different genre. DH1 is a third person top down shooter, DH2 is a rail gun shooter, and DH3 is a "driving" games. Think GTA if you're locked in a car. Has great music.
>Um Jammer Lammy
Great rhythm game with likeable characters and excellent visuals. The music is great. It has 2 player co-op and vs.
>ESPN Xtreme Games
A Road Rash clone. It's pretty tough but it's a solid racer.
>WipeOut
Awesome racer that feels like they were trying to copy F-Zero
>DOOM
If you haven't played Doom yet get off /v/ and go play it. The PS1 version has darker visuals and sounds from the PC version.
>>
>>386763763
>Awesome racer that feels like they were trying to copy F-Zero
Not even close, the handling model is completely different
>>
File: trapgunnerj[1].jpg (58KB, 511x512px) Image search: [Google]
trapgunnerj[1].jpg
58KB, 511x512px
>>386755251
Trap Gunner/Runner is a cross between Bomberman and Spy vs Spy and the soundtrack is made of sex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUI1lf6gNfE
>>
>>386764145
Aw, man, I remember the demo for that. Good shit.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.