[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about his end game actions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: joel.jpg (531KB, 813x1024px) Image search: [Google]
joel.jpg
531KB, 813x1024px
What do you think about his end game actions?
>>
It was selfish, but I think anyone can understand his motivations.
>>
obviously did nothing wrong
>>
Like >>386749517 said, his decision was selfish. But if he had let them kill Ellie and create an immunity vaccine then nothing would have changed. Raiders, looters and bandits would still continue to go around killing people. The "zombies" would still be able to kill people even though they wouldn't be able to turn. Society wouldn't just band together because no one can be infected, the clans that have been established would still be out for their own gain. In short, nothing would change and Ellie would have died for nothing.
>>
>>386749067
i approve it. there was no cure for those retards and humanity does not deserve redemption
>>
>>386749067
I think the premise of killing your only hope of developing a cure is retarded. Vivisection is bad science in the day and age of an MRI or ct scans with radioactive isotope dyes.
>>
morally superior in every way
>>
>>386751810
Agree
>>
>>386749067
DId anyone else turn the camera around when he was holding ellie to look at her feet?
>>
File: 1436027821982.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1436027821982.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>386749517
>It was selfish

SO sick of this.

>Implying those doctors knew what they were doing, and weren't killing the ONLY IMMUNE HUMAN KNOWN!

>Implying the best way wouldn't be for Ellie to have children and pass down this trait each generation until this problem is solved.

>Implying that if the fireflies even found a cure that they wouldn't manipulate the world into serving their cause. Bow down to us or no cure for you.

>Implying humanity even NEEDS a cure when 90% of the danger in this game comes from bandits, soldiers, cannibals, etc.

>Implying the world is more important than his daughterfu.
>>
>>386755748
>Implying the best way wouldn't be for Ellie to have children and pass down this trait each generation until this problem is solved.
Hardly realistic given the condition of the world. It wasn't a good chance at saving the entire human race, but it was the only one and that's all that's needed for Joel's choice to be a selfish one.
>>
>>386755954
>the only one
you can find tape when they are talking how Ellie is twelve or something person that is immune.
They fucked up everytime before.
Fireflies were too incompetent also it is too late for the cure to make any difference in the world
>>
>>386755748
>Ellie ever touching a man
Unless we are talking pegging with a strap-on or stabbing with a knife i don't think she would ever touch a man like that.
>>
>>386749517
Yes, thats te point, he acted like an actual human instead of an action hero.

Normally in games with this kind of ending set up either one of these things happen, which are very predictable:

>Joel sacrifices himself for Ellie
or
>Ellie sacrifices herself for mankind

The ending to this game was perfect, making a sequel is a mistake.
>>
>>386756145
Well the thing about those 12 other people is that their case was different from ellies. Her case was special. But at the same time it could just all be the same and they would fuck it up with her aswell though.
>>
>>386751810
Yep. Even if the process worked, how much vaccines they would be able to create? 100, 1.000? He did the right thing.
>>
>>386755748
>le ripped jeans

fuck whoever drew that
>>
>>386749067
Hope I get to look like Joel when I hit my 40s.
>>
Isn't the nurse in the final scene the only living female character you can kill when you have control in any Naughty Dog game?

I haven't played Uncharted 4 but I know for sure in the other 4 games and TLOU you otherwise never kill any women.
>>
>>386759289
You can kill women in the multiplayer component of TLOU.
>>
>>386759469

That's obviously not canon though.
>>
>>386749067
Understandable if extremely selfish. Once I found the recording mentioning them having tried it before though I was on board with it. Even if there is a cure there'll still be faggots like the hunters and being immune to the virus won't stop you from getting torn apart by a bloater.

>>386756694
Do they mention if the others before her were also immune or were they just recently infected who hadn't turned yet? That's important to know.
>>
>>386759289
Fuck, I never actually noticed that. All the human enemy's in the game were dudes.
>>
>>386759289
You can kill infected women and that doctor woman at the end. But i believe that out of all the bandits there aren't any women yes.
>>
>>386759793

Just something to think about when they talk about how 'progressive' the creators are.

1 single female character you can kill. And it's optional. And you're made out to be a prick if you do kill her.
>>
>>386760218

Infected women are already dead though. Certainly not human any more.
>>
>>386749067
Over and over the Fireflies revealed themselves to be laughably incompetent. Ellie would've died for nothing, Joel made the right choice.
>>
If there were no collectibles hinting that Ellie would probably die, it would be much better. Otherwise his decision is absolutely justified.
>>
>>386749067
It was to be expected of a guy who has every reason to hate humanity and cannot let go of his 20-years-dead daughter without replacing her with a daughteru
>>
I seriously hope all this responses are ironic, I thought you were better than this, "playing" cinematic garbage.
>>
>>386755748
>>Implying the best way wouldn't be for Ellie to have children
And use the subjects to develop a vacine
>>
>>386749067
>Would you kill one person to save many? And if said person is a loved one?
Hack writing at best
>>
>>386760406
No they aren't actual zombies. Infected aren't "dead" in the last of us. They are humans who have gone mad.
It is the exact same thing as the cordyceps for ants or other insects. It makes the host mad and then it attacks other ants and shit.
Right down to the finding a place in the colony to produce spores.
>>
I think his decision is kind of like stopping someone from suicide. Deep down Ellie probably knew the operation would kill her, she wanted to make the sacrifice for the people she lost. It's kind of shitty for that reason but who knew if it would even work and if the Fireflies could produce it. They're still possibly around in TLoU2 but they weren't in the best position in the first game.
>>
>>386749067
He did the right thing. The Fireflies were retarded and all that would have come as a result of the surgery thing is a dead kid.
>>
>>386761189
Nope, they were purposely made to look retarded so the faggots like you would feel better for saving her over the world.
It's shit writing that took no risk.
>>
Ellie is not yhe first one to be immune, Fireflies have tried to do this before and they failed every time. He made the right choice and put down those stupid retards.
>>
>>386761397
Who are you?
>>
>>386761458
Proofs?
>>
>>386761576
Someone not stupid like you.
>>
>>386749067
Horrible. Ruined the game.
>>
>>386761654
Who?
>>
>>386761698
>>386761576
not an argument
>>
>>386761761
Me?
>>
>>386749067
He was right, we all live our own lives,not everyone elses, and he took back what was taken from him.
>>
He did what any father would do
>>
>>386749067
His initial motive was personal. He didn't know, when he started tearing the hospital apart, that the Fireflies had tried and failed many times before and in the process wasted a dozen miracles in the people they murdered. It had nothing to do with why he chose to do as he did. He did it because he loved Ellie more than the human race. If you were to run that quip from Schulz about loving humanity but hating people I'm pretty sure the reaction you'd get from anyone like Joel would be something like dismissal or bewilderment. His view of the world is rooted in what his own reason and sense can tell him, and a floating concept like 'humanity' won't have much purchase with him.

Him finding out that they were incompetent (though as other anons have mentioned, there are a shitload of hints and implications throughout the game that they're fucking morons long before you get to that hospital) provides him with after-the-fact justification, so he didn't so much lie to Ellie as half-lie to her, and in some ways the part that was a lie really was nobody's business but his. What it also changes is the Fireflies' motive. They knew it was pointless but would go ahead with it anyways.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.