[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite lockpicking/hacking/etc minigame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Lockpicking.jpg (79KB, 742x651px) Image search: [Google]
Lockpicking.jpg
79KB, 742x651px
What's your favorite lockpicking/hacking/etc minigame?
>>
Sly 2 and 3. The hacking minigames are just shmups. Not very good ones, either, but better than shit like Bioshock's pipes or Fallout 3's circular lockpicking.
Shout-outs to Alpha Protocol for having the worst hacking minigame of all time.
>>
>>386747595
This one because it was "halfway" realistic and required some degree of skill, which is why they got rid of it.

Thanks Bethesda, I'm so glad to know that in the year 1000 and the year 2200 that locks are exactly the fucking same.
>>
>>386747740
>The hacking minigames are just shmups
nier automata's hacking is my favorite for the exact same reason
>>
The one in the Saw video game because it's so ridiculous
>>
>>386747740
>Shout-outs to Alpha Protocol for having the worst hacking minigame of all time.
I don't understand why everyone hates it. It's so fucking simple. Look for the numbers that aren't changing. That's literally all you have to do. Fucking casuals.
>>
File: 1495249439032.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1495249439032.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>>386747595
>very hard
>break like 20 picks because FUCK YOU
>load
>autopick
>unlocks on first pick
>>
File: 1494473523548.jpg (86KB, 599x786px) Image search: [Google]
1494473523548.jpg
86KB, 599x786px
Hacking in warframe is passable because it doesn't try to delibaretly waste my time.
Also it's based purely on player's skills instead of arbitrary skill levels.
>>
That doesn't exactly make it fun.
>>
Hacking based on player skill > Hacking based on X stat
>>
>>386747595
The hacking on Dood Sex HR was pretty nice, though since you had to use it so damn often it got a bit boring after a while.

>>386748380
Well it depends entirely on the game type. Hacking in a stat based RPG should be stat based since that's the point of the gameplay.
>>
>>386748496
I think the perfect compromise though is to have it be based on player skill, but have your stats affect the difficulty, like Oblivion does.
>>
>>386748197
>>386748380
If it's an RPG with stats then it should be purely based on skill levels. What the point in assigning the character a skill level if it still comes back to whether I can solve it or not.

Also, all of them are shit because you have to do that same boring ass minigame a thousand times. Only belong in stealth games.
>>
>>386747846
are you into lockpicking?
>>
>>386748496
>Hacking in a stat based RPG should be stat based since that's the point of the gameplay.
Just play fuckin DnD
>>
>>386747595
>tfw I got the lockpicking down and would pick very hard locks at level 1
>>
>>386748067
I don't know about that other anon, but the reason I think it blows is because the controls are fucking shit (at least with keyboard and mouse). half the time you can't get the cursor to go where you want it to
>>
>>386748625
Again I think it just depends on the game type.
I'm not sure how much it would improve a game like Neverwinter Nights or DA:O if it had mini game lockpicking. Would just take me out of it if anything. Not to mention the minigame just gets annoying after a very short while unless it's just pointlessly easy like in Skyrim and F3/NV, which, why even have it in the first place?

A game like Oblivion it's more than fine in to have both since it's an action RPG and some skill will always be involved in it anyways though making it far less jarring.
>>386748698
I would if I could but it's pretty hard getting a group of people together in the spur of the moment.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.