[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FEW 4gamers impression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 012-2.jpg (237KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
012-2.jpg
237KB, 1280x720px
>4Gamer concludes their impression by saying there was a lot of exciting moments seeing Fire Emblem characters meeting other characters from the series on the battlefield. The interaction is always a big thing to look forward to for fans of the series. With the battle flow changing in real-time, they say that it almost feels like an RTS game at times when working with the map, so fans who prefer a more strategic approach than what your average hack-and-slash offers will be pleased. Fire Emblem Warriors does a good job at combining the Fire Emblem series’ strategic strength along with the characteristic action you’d expect from a Musou title, making it an enjoyable game for both Fire Emblem and Warriors fans.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/10/fire-emblem-warriors-shares-permadeath-support-strategic-elements/

So, maybe it will be a gud game?
>>
>>386747481
It'll probably be a cut above your average musou. Not quite Hyrule Warriors level, but that's just because the Zelda franchise makes for more interesting movesets than sword/lance/axe/bow/tome/dragonstone.

The way they're putting in FE mechanics is interesting, or at least repainting some older mechanics with FE themes gives it a more genuine feel.
>>
>>386748541
>but that's just because the Zelda franchise makes for more interesting movesets than sword/lance/axe/bow/tome/dragonstone.
Really?
I'm enclined to think the contrary since there's much more weapon variety in FE.
>>
At least it might not be total trash
Thats better than expected already
>>
>With the battle flow changing in real-time, they say that it almost feels like an RTS game at times when working with the map, so fans who prefer a more strategic approach than what your average hack-and-slash offers will be pleased

That just sounds like a bullshit way to make a musou sound more "complicated".

>Use extensive tactics to capture enemy bases in REAL TIME!
>meaning run into the enemy camp and use your special attack to take out the commander in like 5 seconds
>>
>>386750231
Apparently you can give orders to allies on the map.
So maybe it increase a tiny bit the strategy part, I don't know.
>>
0/10. No Black Knight or Zephiel (So far at least)
>>
>>386749230
>I'm enclined to think the contrary since there's much more weapon variety in FE.

Not really. Zelda is much more diverse and that's why its starting roster was much more promising.

>Link on Master Sword duty, but also has the Fire Rod, Great Fairy, swinging around pieces of earth and shit with the Gauntlets, or just surfing around the Spinner
>Zelda using rapiers, the elemental Wind Waker baton, and the Dominion Rod, summoning things to fight for her
>Sheik brings a harp
>Ruto and Darunia bring their species' unique abilities into the fray
>Midna riding a wolf and fighting with her hair
>Agitha summoning bugs
>Fi dancing

Now think about what they've admitted is an issue. The fact that every Fire Emblem has a sword-wielding MC, and at least half of them are just derivative of Marth, and everybody else is still restricted to one of the usual FE categories.

Now that's not the developers' fault that Fire Emblem is like that, but Chrom/Ryoma/Marth isn't as distinctive as Link/Impa/Zelda even if they functionally fill the same niches.
>>
>>386749230
FE has more weapon variety so everyone becomes "person using weapon"

HW had a lot of non-combatant characters who needed unique combat approaches that suited their character but could still inflict damage
>>
>>386750861
DW games have done this in the past, though, it's nothing new to the series
>>
>>386751258
>Now think about what they've admitted is an issue. The fact that every Fire Emblem has a sword-wielding MC, and at least half of them are just derivative of Marth, and everybody else is still restricted to one of the usual FE categories.

Not true!

Ephraim uses a Spear and Miciah uses magic... Corrin could arguably be an exception too I suppose.
>>
I hope it has lots of amiibo.
>>
>>386751258
>>386751346
You guys have a point.
I hope the dragons and the various characters will have distinct enough combos and weapons so they will be interesting to play.
I'd hope for some characters with maces / clubs but I don't think they could fit in.
>>
I would've been 100x more excited if it was just it's own fire emblem game with it's own world, and completely own characters.
>>
>>386751258
Are there not many weapon categories in Fire Emblem?
t. curious Warriors fan
>>
>>386752048
That would be awful.
>>
>>386752057
The games follow the 3 weapon types of swords, spears, and axes along with magic tomes, bows, and transformation stones for your dragon/beast units. Now those three weapons can be different like hammers fall into the axe category which do more damage to armored units, swords can be anything from broadswords, rapiers, and such.
>>
File: 1496412203198.png (200KB, 874x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496412203198.png
200KB, 874x1000px
>>386751814
Seliph(at least until he promotes)
Leif
Roy
Eliwood (also until he promotes)
Eirika
Lucina

Now consider that Marth is also the MC of four of the 15 Fire Emblem games and that's 10 Marths. That's literally 66% of the franchise. Sure, there's alternatives. Ephraim in FE8, Hector in FE7, and spinoff ubiquitous Ike clone Chrom, and Corrin.

>>386752057
Fire Emblem, with its light rock-paper-scissors elements, has almost all characters tending to fit into a few major categories.

>swords
This can be anywhere from rapiers to longswords to giant ass person-sized claymores to katanas.
>axes
Also includes hammers
>lances
>tomes
Magic users, wielding various elements
>hidden weapons
Knives, shurikens, weapons designed to be thrown
>Stones
Basically how characters like dragon girls or beast people would transform into their non-human form to attack.
>Bows

You also have support characters in play who can do healing, buffs, etc., but once they gain offensive capabilities they usually get a weapon that fits into one of those categories.
>>
>>386752550
So, it's kind of like the weapon elements in Hyrule Warriors?
>>
>>386752057
Aside from some stuff like magic, flying horses, or dragons, Fire Emblem weapons are largely centered around actual weapons (swords, axes, spears, etc.). The other fag is arguing Zelda is more diverse, which it kind of is, because it has random shit like a little girl who fights with bugs or a midget who fights with a balloon.
>>
>>386751258
That's why fire emblem heroes has been introducing weapons like Carrots, Starfish and spoons full of cake.

Let's hope KT takes the cue, and adds that stuff in.
>>
>>386752737
More or less. Each weapon has a specific strength against one while being weak to another. How this will play into FEW is unknown but I imagine they'll take advantage of it somehow.
>>
I hope to have at least one female barabarian / berserker because I love that stuff, but I really can't think of anyone in the series fit for the role and popular enough to have a slot in the game.
>>
>>386753270
Considering they only really started adding female axe class-line users in FE Fates, there's your obvious answer.
>>
>>386753270
Charlotte is the closest you'll get. But I have a hard time imagining the Fates roster won't be 100% royalty. Enjoy your Lissa.
>>
File: 64230604_p0.jpg (1MB, 1038x1457px) Image search: [Google]
64230604_p0.jpg
1MB, 1038x1457px
>>
>>386753527
That's what is bothering me too, I also expect a 100% royal roster.

>>386753343
Camilla but she's a wyvern.

Charlotte popularity is okayish but I don't see her in that game, Rinkah could be in, but she's way too much of a lesser character to be included.
>>
>>386753785
>Rinkah could be in, but she's way too much of a lesser character to be included.
And painfully weak too. If she did get in, I wonder if the devs would have fun with her and her weak growths?
>>
>>386747481
I'll probably enjoy this mash up just as much as I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors.
The game just needs another Lance unit and a tank.
>>
File: 1495691371774.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
1495691371774.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
>>386750861
but this shit has been on DW and SW series for years
fuck, you can do a similar shit in HW Legends too

FE Musou is another cheap musou game and it makes me sad because I genuinely wanted a musou crossover ala Dragon Quest (Heroes 2 is probably one of the most fun musou game), not a shitty copy paste they usually do with anime franchises

What makes it worse is that we can expect an even terrible plot than Fates
>>
>>386754495
I agree with that, it's clearly a low-effort musou port and it's a real bummer.

Tecmo Koei must have a field day shitting licensed products out of the ass like that.
>>
File: 54898614.jpg (354KB, 1002x1300px) Image search: [Google]
54898614.jpg
354KB, 1002x1300px
>>
>>386756047
Ayyyyy
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.