[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Alan Wake deserve a spot in games that are "nu-fun"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: alanwake.jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
alanwake.jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
Does Alan Wake deserve a spot in games that are "nu-fun"?
>>
>>386747369
The game has a fun combat system, despite it being minimal as all hell.
>>
Not at all. Deadly Premonition is what Alan Wake wishes it could have achieved. Alan Wake is just a slog start to finish with constant, poor combat against the same enemy over and over again and homages to Lynch that aren't as well done as Deadly Premonition.
>>
>>386747369

what is "nu-fun"?
>>
"nu-fun" is the most "nu" thing I ever heard
>>
>>386747369
Nope. As a matter of fact, it's one of the last real-fun games.
>>
nu-fun sounds like something really sad people that hate videogames would use
>>
File: 1434205071335.jpg (16KB, 378x381px) Image search: [Google]
1434205071335.jpg
16KB, 378x381px
>>386748331
Which is precisely why it's so popular here.
>>
>>386747369
wtf is "nu-fun"?

the game is fucking garbage though. atrocious writing and mechanics.
>>
it's not a bad game, it's enjoyable but it does stretch on too long (the game has chapter breaks like episodes...only it gives you no choice to quit at these chapter breaks so what was the fucking point)
>>
>>386747369
Fun gunplay
Good game mechanics
Good sense of isolation
Good story
Good graphics
Nice voice acting
It's a solid 7 maybe an 8 if I was too generous
>>
SJW game
>>
File: 1492617273376.png (291KB, 364x419px) Image search: [Google]
1492617273376.png
291KB, 364x419px
>>386747369
>nu-fun
What in the fuck is this supposed to be?
>>
>>386749138

nu-fun is when your tricked into thinking your having fun with a game but your really not
>>
>>386749560
jesus fucking christ /v/, even to being a contrarian there's a limit ffs
>>
>>386750831

It's how they explain how games like PUBG and Overwatch are popular
>>
>>386747369
I fucking hate you guys.
And Alan Wake is a great game. Microshit should have made its release date the same as Red Dead Redemption.

The dumb fucks. Worked out in the end though since now it's multiplat instead of 360 only.
>>
File: 1486121597938.jpg (44KB, 234x228px) Image search: [Google]
1486121597938.jpg
44KB, 234x228px
So what's the twist? I keep meaning to come back and beat this but never do.
>>
Nu-fun is the fun some people have while they play meme games. To understand nu-fun, you must first understand what a meme game is.
A meme game is a game created solely for the purpose of streamers and YouTubers to play and react to. This gets their large subscriber base to laugh at the game while they act retarded and scream at how ebin the game is. These people usually buy the game, have their nu-fun for about an hour, and then never play it again because they'll just scrable back to Twitch or YouTube to see what game their favorite e-celeb is playing next.
Meme games lack any actual substance and are often plagued with bad graphics, gameplay, and controls just to invoke a reaction from the players to their fanbase, a form of nu-humor, but that's another subject entirely.
Some examples of meme games where you have nu-fun are games like Goat Simulator, Shower With Your Dad Simulator, and I am Bread
I never played Alan Wake, but it's easy to tell it doesn't belong in the same category
>>
>>386751194
This is /v/, we dont play videogames
>>
FUCK MODS
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.