[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dishonored

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 10

New trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVJ-d1AIqVo
>>
This trailer is false advertising. It's not suttering at all.
>>
honestly this type of story should be part of a major entry, not an expansion. Then again, the 2 Daud dlcs were about as long if not longer than D1's main campaign, so who knows
>>
Looks great. I have no fucking clue what's going on with those powers, though. Glad Billie Lurk is getting her own.
>>
>>386746948
>the part where she steals someones fucking face
i'm sold
>>
Unless they want to be done with this franchise I suppose we'll fail or someone will become the new outsider.
>>
File: 1227106035416.gif (554KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
1227106035416.gif
554KB, 295x221px
>>386746948
I honestly couldn't care less about Billie Lurk.
>>
>>386747962
he will be a half priced stand alone from what i have understood
>>
>>386746948
Looks like it's going places, but
>Billie Lurk
Yeah, not interested.
>>
>>386746948
Hey this is the thing that triggers everyone
>>
>>386749098
I liked Lurk, sure, she isn't Daud, but she isn't a bad character.
And beside, Daud will still play a major role in the story.

>>386747962
To be honest, even if i liked dishonored 1 and 2 main story, i actually prefer Daud story from the dlc, and i'm pretty sure it will be the same for Death of the Outsider.

I wonder how the hell can we killed him btw.
>>
>>386749319
>but she isn't a bad character.

That's just it. They try and force in less interesting characters that makes less sense storywise.

For example in Dishonored 2 it makes far more sense to play as Corvo, yet they added a playable Emily for some reason.
>>
File: 1466702750778.jpg (58KB, 563x638px) Image search: [Google]
1466702750778.jpg
58KB, 563x638px
>>386746948
we John Wick now
>>
>>386749528
>For example in Dishonored 2 it makes far more sense to play as Corvo, yet they added a playable Emily for some reason.
Most people say it's the other way around
>>
Isn't Daud dead or something.

I only played D1.
>>
>>386749528
It's the opposite. The whole story is more about Emily.
>>
>>386749627
You can go through the game without killing anyone
>>
>>386749528
>far more sense to play as Corvo
nope, im afraid its the other way round
>>
>>386749590
>Most people say it's the other way around

Then they're stupid.
>corvo is the protector of the empress
>delilah wants to be empress, it makes more sense that she would target emily and turn her to stone
>corvo is the more skilled one
>corvo has the iconic design, especially the mask
>corvo has a far greater connection to the heart
>makes little sense why the outsider would just randomly give emily powers
>emily has far less connection to the characters and world
>for example you to karnaca where corvo is from and you can even visist corvo's old home
>etc etc etc

In what way does it make more sense to have the story focus on Emily?
>>
File: 1500391349358.jpg (10KB, 153x176px) Image search: [Google]
1500391349358.jpg
10KB, 153x176px
>>386749528
Love it when you retards sperg out about black / woman characters and try to act like it's out of some deep understanding of formalism and narrative structure.
>>
>Voice of Rosario Dawson
>Face of Rosie Donald

>>386749549
Fucking this, every time I hear that song it's back to John wick.

>>386749627
In the man game, you can kill Daud or spare him. In the expansion where you play as him, if you play Low Chaos / Non-Lethal Corvo will spare him.
Low Chaos seems to be the canon for these games despite all the gadgets, powers, and trailers being excessively murderous.
>>
>>386749627
Canonically Corvo spared Daud. This fits in with the reasons the Outsider chose to give Corvo powers, because he kept doing the unexpected. The Outsider gives people powers for shits and giggles, to see what they do with them. However he only picks people he think will be interesting.
>>
>>386750098
>Love it when you retards sperg out about black / woman characters and try to act like it's out of some deep understanding of formalism and narrative structure.

Why do you think this is a racist thing? You're retarded.
You're making baseless accusations here when you know fuck all about me. Way to go.
>>
let me guess he possesses someone( most likely daud) and you stab him with a magic knife and kill him that way
>>
>>386749858
The heart is literally the soul of her mother, and the outsider randomly giving people powers is his whole fucking schtick.

Emily is literally Corvo's successor as his daughter. It makes sense that a sequel concern itself with her and her character development. Besides, Emily has plenty connection to the world: it's HER Empire. Previously it was an empire she neglected and now she's forced to look at it close up and realize that she's allowed the Duke to do all the fucked up shit he's been doing.
>>
>>386749858
>Corvo is more iconic so it's more make sense
The fuck is that reasoning. Emily is much more make sense since everything is about Emily growing up. She young and naive at start, and slowly began to realize how fucked up the world is and starting to maturing. The fact that it sets on Karnaca gives Emily some insights about Corvo since she never really that close back then and her understanding Corvo.

The game writing is bland but there's an intention why Emily is the main character while Corvo is more like a mentor for her in the game.
>>
>>386749813
>>386750124
>>386750164
Yeah, but that whole "Chaos" thing affecting the ending is a bit retarded. The reality of the situation is that you can be a delusional person who murders everything that stands on your path while believing himself/herself to be good. You can even argue whether or not that's delusional, or whether or not a person having murdered through circumstance portrayed in the games can be a good ruler.

Shit like this is why people respect Deus Ex more than Dishonored, it ultimately doesn't color your experience into black or white just because you decided to kill morally questionable people.
>but Dishonored is about how child Emily ends up interpreting your actions from a perspective of a bystander
That's also retarded, for different reasons. She doesn't even see you doing this shit 90% of the time, nor are you able to really show your motivation for doing what you're doing.

tl;dr Dishonored handles all of this chaos shit in a needlessly complicated way that ends up taking away from the roleplaying potential of the games
>>
>>386749713
it's about neither of them
>>
>>386749858
>What is the hero's journey?
>What is parallel structure?
>What are narrative themes?

Emily's story is about a good, but immature queen facing a devious usurper and either becoming a better ruler or falling from grace to become a tyrant herself. Corvo's story is just killing dudes to rescue his daughter again.
>>
>>386750098
meagan would be just as shit if she was white
>>
>>386750295
>The heart is literally the soul of her mother,

And Corvo has had it for years, him giving it up is more impactful.
Also have you seen how Emily reacts to possessing the soul of her mother? Painfully obvious the game wasn't written with Emily in mind, but that she wa added later.

>the outsider randomly giving people powers is his whole fucking schtick.

Why would he give Emily powers after choosing Corvo? Whatever. That isn't even the main issue.

>Emily is literally Corvo's successor as his daughter.

No, she's her mother's successor. That's the entire point. Corvo is her father and protector, that's his job.

>Besides, Emily has plenty connection to the world: it's HER Empire.

Now that's funny. She has less history with the characters (like Sokolov) and the parts of the world you visist Serkonos/Karnaca. She has no history with the former leaders or anything of Karnaca while Corvo does.

The fact that they made the game take place on Serkonos gives you even more reason to play as Corvo.
>>
>>386750420
I'm all but certain you can assassinate all your targets by stabbing them yourself, but as long as you don't needlessly murder civilians or the regular guards, you'll maintain a low chaos score.

And I'd argue it's not that she sees you murder people, but she sees Corvo after he's murdered people that colors her reaction. You're not playing a floating pair of hands with no face, you're playing Corvo who is dealing with the consequences of your actions. You can be a stone faced ice cold killer who sleeps like a baby at night, but Corvo can only wipe the blood off his sword but never his hands. That's what Emily is reacting to, that's what picks the ending to the story.
>>
>>386750098
You play as the minor sidekick of a pivotal character that also betrayed said pivotal character. Exciting.
>>
Anyone up for some whiskey and cigars?
>>
>>386750997
>but she sees Corvo after he's murdered people that colors her reaction. You're not playing a floating pair of hands with no face, you're playing Corvo who is dealing with the consequences of your actions.
But Corvo in Dishonored 1 is literally just the player, he's a silent protagonist. Why is the game deciding how you deal with the consequences of your actions for you?

Not that you need to have a game with a silent protagonist for him to be a well made analogue for the player, I'm just saying.

>but as long as you don't needlessly murder civilians or the regular guards, you'll maintain a low chaos score
I would have to play through the game again to tell you how I really feel about this, it's been years since I last touched it. The fact that I went full non-lethal just for the sake of a challenge is another thing.
>>
>>386750098
She's not an interesting or fun character.
Bryne or Paolo would be far better leads for the dlc. Hell you could make it creative and do a Dishonored 2 twist and give you the option of which you want to play as too
>>
>>386746948
>face stealing
wew
This looks pretty good,hopefully it runs better this time
>>
>>386751454
Paolo is fucking useless, just a bootleg Slackjaw who fingers himself with Granny Rags' hand.
>>
>>386750241
>Why do you think this is a racist thing?
Probably because he isn't new to /v/.
>>
>>386746948
It looks like shit in every single aspect
>>
>>386746948
What is it with devs and showhorning in the least interesting characters in their new games?
>nadine
>billie
>layton's daughter
>life is strange s2
>>
Is the title ironic, or do they seriously allow you to kill the most important character in all of Dishonored (not to mention a supernatural being levels above people like Corvo) in a side game?
>>
>>386752282
The title could be a lie, or they could do a "There must always be a Lich King" twist.
>>
>>386751406
Because you're the player and he's the character. Your actions are what define him. There's no control for how much guilt the character will feel, it's simply measured in how many people you kill.

Is it simple? Yes. Would you want to have a whole menu and mini-games dedicated to justifying your actions to Corvo? Some kind of QTE to fake a smile when you see Emily after slaughtering every guard in the last mission? What about the inverse? Would you like to see a button mash meter to scowl as hard as you can even though you didn't so much as step on a single rat's tail but still wanted to seem like a hardened murderer?

You kill people? Corvo becomes a killer and warps his daughter. You leave as many people as possible alive while just doing what you can to remove those who are responsible for Empress Kaldwin's death and framing you for the assassination? Corvo keeps his honor and can raise Emily to be fair and just.

>>386752282
Did you not watch the trailer? Daud says he's the target, that's literally the goal of the game. But as per the discussion above, there's probably going to be a Low Chaos / Non-Lethal / 'Good' Ending where you strip him of his power rather than kill him and a High Chaos / Lethal / 'Bad' Ending where you actually murder Whalepunk Loki.
>>
>>386752282
>Is the title ironic, or do they seriously allow you to kill the most important character in all of Dishonored (not to mention a supernatural being levels above people like Corvo) in a side game?

Most likely because this is the end of the series. I don't think Dishonored 2 sold that well so they're probably using this game to tie up the story.
I mean most of the major characters are basically dead, the only ones left are Corvo, Daud and the Outsider.
>>
>>386749528
Since you were Emily in the cutscene that led to the character choice, to me it has always seemed obvious that being able to play as Corvos was just an option they added later to please some people.

As for Billie Lurk, she was an important part of the last game, just like Daud was an important part of the first. I don't think they want to force less interesting characters, they just wanted to make someone else playable, with some new powers.
>>
>>386752460
>Would you want to have a whole menu and mini-games dedicated to justifying your actions to Corvo? Some kind of QTE to fake a smile when you see Emily after slaughtering every guard in the last mission? What about the inverse? Would you like to see a button mash meter to scowl as hard as you can even though you didn't so much as step on a single rat's tail but still wanted to seem like a hardened murderer?
That's funny. How to handle something like that is an obvious problem, but just because it isn't easy to solve doesn't mean the issue isn't there. You can always side-step it and base the ending not on arbitrary shit like killing people who are trying to kill you back, but how much you check up or talk to her. Or how much killing she actually sees you do, etc. Tying such mechanics to someone being a good ruler is honestly stupid no matter how you do it, that's not how people are in the real world.
>There's no control for how much guilt the character will feel, it's simply measured in how many people you kill.
It's not even only a matter of guilt, that's an assumption on your part that Emily is affected by Corvo's reactions to what he's doing. I don't think you're even particularly wrong with this, it's a good explanation - but it's still not fair towards the player.
>>
>>386752820
>Since you were Emily in the cutscene that led to the character choice, to me it has always seemed obvious that being able to play as Corvos was just an option they added later to please some people.

There are far fewer connections for Emily with the people, events and areas you interact with. Corvo for example knew the former Duke of Serkonos and it was Theodanis that even sent Corvo to serve the former Emperor. Emily has 0 connection to Theodanis. Things like this is spread throughout Dishonored 2.

>As for Billie Lurk, she was an important part of the last game

She drove the boat, just like Samuel did in 1. Daud was a far more important character in Dishonored 1 and the DLC. He's the very reason Dishonored 1 even happened.
>>
File: mural_contrast[1].png (170KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
mural_contrast[1].png
170KB, 640x359px
>>386753328
>that's an assumption on your part that Emily is affected by Corvo's reactions to what he's doing

Did you not see the picture she draws of you?
>>
File: 1500148801473.jpg (461KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500148801473.jpg
461KB, 1080x1080px
>>386746948

>outsider voice by the penguin
>billie lurk looks like fish mooney
>>
>>386753643
The left one's more metal, on the right you just kinda look like a goof.
>>
>>386749528
Emily is mostly for new player.

Don't know if you remark it, but when you play her, you have less references to dishonored 1.
>>
>>386753740
I think it's better for a little girl to see her father as a goof rather then metal
>>
>>386753823
And this is why you will never be a good father, anon.
>>
>>386753740
Exactly. The left is the mask you wear to hide your identity as you try to clear your name. She sees Corvo becoming the mask.
The right one is her father, warm and goofy. Still pure despite what he has to do to clear his name. He's still Corvo under the mask.
>>
/v/ actually discussing sjw agenda filled games
>>
>>386753687
>voice by the penguin
Everyone else I know who watches Gotham thinks he's a bad actor and I don't understand. He's probably the second best part of the show after Harvey.
>>
>>386746948
>>386753687
Dude how fucking lazy is this company ?
Allright guys we have few unused uniqued models, even know this character dies, lets bring her back and be the protagonist. That way we will save money and meet diversity quetas
>>
>>386753771
>Don't know if you remark it, but when you play her, you have less references to dishonored 1.

This isn't a good thing.

I think they added her more for diversity's sake, just like they pointlessly added a male/female option to Prey. For Dishonored 2 you at least have different powers, but apart from that Emily added very little.
>>
So why do Daud and Billie want to kill the Outsider so much?

>>386747962
Agreed. If anything, it seems this plot would be more crucial than the entirety of Dishonored 2.
>>
>>386753926
>game features characters of races other than white, and sometimes encourages not being a murderous asshole towards them
>must be a SJW agenda

I'm all for calling bullshit out, but there's a point after which you start to see the boogieman everywhere and just make an ass out of yourself in front of others.
>>
>>386749528
Dude what do you mean benevolent Empress would leave all her subjects to fuck all and go around killing people in not afrika because she got super powers. Not like she has someone to do all the work for her lol
>>
>>386746948

>"Truly, you have been Disnonored too!"

That's a little cheesy
>>
File: 48428539[2].jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
48428539[2].jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>386750164
>Canonically Corvo spared Daud.
>This fits in with the reasons the Outsider chose to give Corvo powers
> Kills your Empress that you swore to protect
> Kills the love of your life
> Kills the mother of your child
Dude lmao I will spare him, chaos is a ladder no one expects undeserved mercifulness
>>
>>386753687
In france, every dishonored character still have they voice from the first.

And the french acting of this game is perfect.
>>
>>386754141
calm down nu-friend, every game out there right now has a female or black or both main character, no need to get autistic about it.
>>
>>386750420
You still get the Low Chaos ending if you murder all of the morally objectionable people but spare all the guards who are just following orders

You have to kill like ten people in a level to get that level marked as high chaos, and then you have to have more levels high chaos than low chaos to get the high chaos ending

Unless you are playing stealth archer or insist on cutting every guard's throat it's piss easy to get low chaos
>>
does this use id tech again?
>>
so it's set in dunwall again? I'm cool with that. karnaca was alright but dunwall was a lot comfier
>>
>>386754026
>just like they pointlessly added a male/female option to Prey
Okay, should they have had just a female option then?
>>
>>386753903
I think it's better for children to see their father as a human not a monster
>>
>>386754684
>every game out there right now has a female or black or both main character
Not being able to deal with that is precisely what makes you a nu-male, man. You see a fucking agenda everywhere.
>>
>>386754141
We've passed that point ages ago.
>>
Why are they making me play as a new character with a new move set? i'm furious. I hate variety. What's that , they are going to flesh out her character in the game? That's stupid, she has to be interesting before the game even comes out.
>>
>>386753926
One ugly nigress makes a game SJW?

>>386753992
>even though this character dies

There were two endings, and the canon Low Chaos ending lets you spare her. You might have been a murderous nut job, but that's not the canon story.

>>386754127
Have you not played the games? He's responsible for a whole mess of trouble that has ruined their lives, why would they not want to kill someone with that much power but chooses to abuse it for his own entertainment? Call me a fedora tipping atheist, but this is the far end of the whole, "If God is all powerful, why do children still die of cancer?" thing, only the Outsider verifiably exists and can be hunted down.

>>386754529
Daud is just an assassin, he was just hired to do a job. You're trying to blame the gun.
>>
It's 2017 and Dishonored 2 is still the worst performing AAA game I have played in over 5 years.
>>
>>386754878
I fucking know, right? Why can't they just remake Dishonored 1, really? Fuck new experiences.
>>
>>386754832
>defends sjw crap
>calls others nu-male

this is why losing gamergate was a mistake. /v/ is filled with self hating white bois now.
>>
>>386754954
>Have you not played the games?
Yeah, all of them. But this has been years since the end of Brigmore Witches and shit. I don't remember Daud particularly blaming the Outsider for shit going bad. Daud knew that he was solely responsible for his actions and chose to redeem himself. Why the sudden objective to kill the Outsider? And why does Billie want to do it too or is she just helping Daud with his aims? Just seems like a massive leap from when we last saw Daud is all.
>>
fuck you i'm hype
>>
>>386754954
>Gives Daud powers
>Daud lives a regretful life
>REEEEEE, i will get my revenge against you, >Outsider
Literally, what?
>>
>>386755385
I think daud want to stop the surnatural shit in the world of Dishonored, cause it create a shitload of problem. (as an example : Delilah. )
>>
>>386755206
>this is why losing gamergate was a mistake
>let's get a bunch of kids, disillusioned people and some who have no idea how the real world works and have them "helm" a movement for journalistic integrity, without any actual plan or cohesive narrative - what could go wrong
You're not learning from your mistakes, too. Posts in this thread are a classic case in fucking point, you don't explain while something is sjw crap in clear-cut arguments so that others can see it and maybe agree, you just call shit names. Even as trolling this shit is poor.
>>
>>386754763
>Okay, should they have had just a female option then?

Sure, why not? I value purpose. If a dev includes or does something it should be for a good reason.
Wasting resources and having to write a game for both male and female when it doesn't even matter is ultimately pointless.

If you have a choice it should be meaningful.
>>
>>386754954
You are actually fucking autistic or really bored working in wharehouse stocking shelves arguing for the sake of arguing. Steven is this you ?
>>
>>386755206
>Gamergate
Of course.
>>
>>386754141
>the first game shows us typical midieval attitude toward women
>the sequel features shitload of female soldiers and female gangmembers despite being set only 15 about years after the first game
Fuck off, nu-male apologist
>>
>>386755581
I agree with you in principle but something basic like choosing gender in an immersive sim has value in itself.
>>
>>386755475
>Daud roams the Pandyssian continent searching out ancient ruins and tombs to learn more about the Outsider and the Void in general
>once he's learned enough, he sets out to kill the trickster god
Sounds like largely more interesting premise for Dishonored 2 as a whole. Emily and Corvo's story should have been the DLC.
>>
>>386755679
>the first game shows us typical midieval attitude toward women
the game's not medieval dumbass it's victorian period
>>
>>386748905
>tfw you find out you can kill that bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geThRGKuV6Q
>>
>>386755491
calm down boi, every game out there caters to your special needs now, you should be happy
>>
>>386755795
Giving the outsider a human origin and characteristics was a mistake, and having a dumb jrpg 'kill god' plot was a double mistake
>>
>>386755782
>I agree with you in principle but something basic like choosing gender in an immersive sim has value in itself.

It really doesn't. All it did was change the audio log voice and said person in the logs have an established character and voice.
>>
>>386755679
>>386755820

Let's also not forget the most powerful person politically was a woman, there are plenty of female gangsters. A powerful antagonist is a woman, with an all female crew.

Dishonoured has always had these elements, you're just noticing them now because the sjw boogeyman. Fuck off with your false outrage.
>>
>>386755960
I made the mistake of taking you seriously, my bad.
>>
>>386755820
His point still stands the setting got thrown out the window to win PC brownie points.
>>
>>386755984
>Giving the outsider a human origin and characteristics was a mistake
Most definitely. I much preferred thinking his human form was just another illusion instead of that shit exposition that was just dumped in our lap in D2. I liked the idea that his real form was some sort of gigantic sea monster or something, a sort of really ancient being that we can hardly fathom ala the Elder God in LoK.
>>
>>386756058
You don't get his argument, being able to choose between the option that allows you to immerse yourself more in the setting is meaningful. I can also say that it adds replayability, even if it's miniscule.

This is not that far off from being able to play as a ginger JC Denton in DX.
>>
>>386756121
the point doesn't stand because it doesn't show a 'medieval attitude towards women' anywhere, although I think women guards are a bit stupid too
>>
>>386756190
cthuluisms are a big cliche aswell
what's with games having to offer a mundane lore explaination for everything? Sometimes mysteries are better when they aren't revealed
>>
Honestly I played Dishonored 2 and not a single character was interesting, I don't think I remember this "Billy Lurk" as part of the story at all.

And why the hell would they kill the outsider????? So far he's been a somewhat good guy
>>
File: 1390474488287.gif (495KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
1390474488287.gif
495KB, 500x223px
>>386755950
>killing Sokolov
How much of a monster do you have to be
>>
>>386756616
>And why the hell would they kill the outsider????? So far he's been a somewhat good guy
Cause Godslayer has a nice ring to it
>>
>>386756513
The point was that his origins weren't explained before at all, only hinted at by the shit that goes on in the background while he's on screen and shit you read in the books. I liked it much better then, before we had the exposition dump in D2.
>>
>>386756280
>being able to choose between the option that allows you to immerse yourself more in the setting is meaningful

Using that logic any choice would do this, no matter how pointless and hollow.
Making your choices be meaningful is what is important, not simply having a bunch of choices.

It's like in many RPGs where they give you various things to say but NPCs respond to it in the exact same way. It's dumb. A choice should matter, otherwise why even give the player a choice?

>This is not that far off from being able to play as a ginger JC Denton in DX.

Apart from the fact that you have to record a bunch of additional voiceover and write the game to fit with both a male and female character, despite nothing of importance changing.

Every single thing in your game should have a good reason for being there. The male/female option in Prey doesn't.
>>
>>386756962
Eh, fair enough. I see your point, if only because that work on voice overs could've gone towards level design or whatever.
>>
They're not gonna kill Outsider and you're naive if you think they will. It's probably going to end up with Billie or Daud being turned against each other through plot device. You can't kill god in his realm.
>>
>>386757142

t. Outsider
>>
>>386757885
I am not Outsider you fucker. Outsider is obviously fictional and there's no way I could access your realm.
>>
>>386755820
I said medieval attitude not medieval setting, you fuckhead. Women were accused of witchery and persecuted by a literal inquisition.

>>386756090
>the most powerful person politically was a woman
Yes, and she was overthrown because of her weakness and ineffectiveness in the face of hard times

>there are plenty of female gangsters
But only in the sequel. That's what I was talking about
>>
>>386757957
I admit, i laughed.
>>
>>386754754
Nah, it's set in Karnaca
>>
>>386757976
>she was overthrown because of her weakness and ineffectiveness in the face of hard times
I thought the whole reason was 'muh rat plague needs to kill all the poor, have to get this bitch out of the way.' People loved her and a solution to the plague could very well have been reached given morr time.
>>
>>386757142
I think they will manage to end him because Dishonored 2 sold like shit and they're probably looking for a way to conclude the series.
>>
>>386756616
>a black person assaults and tries to kill a white male for no reason
Jesus, Arkane.
>>
>>386759081
Well they couldn't continue the story of Corvo or Emily anyway, being betrayed over and over gets boring quickly. It already felt forced in D2.
>>
>>386756704
The fuck are the bethesda writers huffing anyway? Why give him an origin and make delilah a threat to him l? Better yet why rehash the exact same fucking plot of coup>Emily taken hostage>now set out to clear your name?
>>
Dishonored sucks the first game was trash picked it up at game stop for $5 they're was literally 30-40 copies on the shelf, I sooned figured out why, art style is trash gameplay sucks and story was bulshit, I could even finish it, hands down the worst assassin/stealth game ever made
>>
have they really cast some fucking dindu woman

i thought this was a meme you guys made up
>>
>>386755679
the first game is in dunwall, their aren't many female soldier in dunwall.
>>
>>386754141
Sorry but if you check Harvey Smith's twitter it would be crystal clear to you that he is SJW.
>>
maybe the next dishonored will be set at a different time with completly different character?
>>
>>386760221
She miss him i guess.
>>
>"Dreadful Wale" is an anagram for "Farewell Daud"
...what the fuck?
>>
>>386760234
You just need to take a look at him to see that, still doesn't change that he's a good designer.
>>
>>386757976
>Yes, and she was overthrown because of her weakness and ineffectiveness in the face of hard times

That was the excuse used by the usurpers, whose actions if anything made things worse.
>>
>>386760221
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>386760442
I don't deny he's a good designer, he's also a fine dude in real life. In fact I met him in person and had a small talk with him, he later sent me a Dunwall Archives book but it's clear that his political views been projected in Dishonored 2.
>>
>>386757976
>But only in the sequel

That's wrong though, especially in the DLC.
>>
>>386760614
Nothing wrong with that. Politics are inherently projected in your work.
>>
>>386760241
Fortunately, Arkane will be dissolved far more sooner than another dishonored would come out
>>
>>386746948
Is that Khadgar?
>>
>>386760814
Yeah after all it's his lore, he can do anything he wants - it just doesn't fit in that world from my perspective.
>>
File: 1501252669374.png (97KB, 394x477px) Image search: [Google]
1501252669374.png
97KB, 394x477px
Yeah, no, Havrey. I killed this bitch, this whole thing is non canon for me.
>>
Gameplay looks great, but like all Dishonored the story looks awful. Blaming the Outsider for magic existing is stupid.
>>
>>386755581
I imagine they were intending on making emily the primary protag initially but they thought they might as well bring covo back, as he still has all his powers they could port over and it wouldn't be too much effort.

They might as well.

Either way, emiliy's story is a lot more interesting as she has to get some character growth and learn things.
Corvo's story would literally just be dishonoured 1 -again-
>>
>>386753992
I think they just decide one a single "canon" ending reguardless of your choices.

It's a bit annoying if they werent your choices but they have to do something if theyre going to do sequels

>>386756090
To be fair, 99% of this was introduced in D2. In D1 every woman was either a maid, a mistress or a prostitute. Billie Lurk was specifically the only woman Daud ever employed.
>>
>>386750420
You only get high chaos if you systematically slaughter every guard you see. Being a stealthy assassin is fine, but murdering +60% of everyone in the area has concequences.

You get high chaos for unnecessary killing
>>
>>386756616
She spent the game under the name of "Meagan Foster"; she's your boat lady.
>>
>>386757976
>Yes, and she was overthrown because of her weakness and ineffectiveness in the face of hard times
She was usurped because the Lord Regent thought that she would find out about how he brought the rat plague to cull the poor
>>
>>386760614
>>386760814
>>386761084
If all the sjw bullshit is Harvey's own "personal politics", then why didn't he do politics in his previous works? Dishonored went full sjw along with all other games from major western publishers. How could you beleive that all pcbullshit shoved down our throats is just someone making his independent political statement?
>>
>>386759827
It's really not that outlandish to have a brown person in a videogame nowadays.
>>
>>386761408
>Blaming the Outsider for magic existing is stupid.
Isn't that literally what he does?
>>
>>386760498
>>386762685
Well then dishonored story is even more uninspired and naive than I thought
>>
>>386763291
Wut? How? Isn't that bullshit you just spouted more uninspired and derivative?
>>
>>386762853
Magic existed before him though he was just able to personify it.
>>
File: drman_cv4.jpg (180KB, 489x864px) Image search: [Google]
drman_cv4.jpg
180KB, 489x864px
>>386763680
>villians doing evil for the greater good is now more derivative than black and white morality
>>
>>386749319
>but she isn't a bad character.
A piece of cardboard has more personality than her. She was literally the worst choice for a protagonist, she's by far the most boring character in the franchise.
>>
>>386764295
Yeah it's been done to death now and you still haven't answered my question.
>>386764324
To be fair all characters in dishonored are pretty boring who can't emote for shit. the exception being Daud and the outsider.
>>
Billie Lurk was such a bad idea, I'd rather play ANYONE else, I'd rather play a generic guard that winds up getting outsider powers ( or not at all)

Also are they really going to kill the outsider?
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.